Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  07:23:02 AM  Show Profile
What a beautiful morning here. Sunshine and in the 80's today. Darlene congrats on the new grandchild. It is so great to of answered prayers, I am glad everyone is doing well. And thanks for the recipe, I have got to try it. Hope your tummy is better Channah, Did the tea help? Well off to swim exercise class and then to the farmers market. Hope they have some goodies today.

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  08:38:22 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
No worries Peggy! It was fun until we got sick for 10 hours. lol

Marla, the tea helped lots! thanks so much!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  09:16:11 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I have lots of leftovers from the party last night. Strawberry champagne birthday cake for everyone. Walnut sour dough bread, fresh picked Oregon strawberries, veggies and raspberry lemonade.The party was low key and we had fun just chatting. The rain even held off so we could enjoy the backyard. Everyone dig in!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  09:50:44 AM  Show Profile
Lin, I'm sorry that there's no sunshine in store for you!
Pam, that cake sounds so good!
I was so busy yesterday; I went from babysitting at my aunt's all day to babysitting again until around 11:20. Long day!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  4:26:23 PM  Show Profile
I'm ready for a little Porch Sitting! I re-arranged my bedroom today.
My poor room isn't that large and it is my bedroom, my crafting room,
my office and displays many of the girly things I love to have around
me. I wanted to have more work space for my crafting...and I think I
succeeded but now I'm pooped. Anyone have something cold to drink? I
worked up a thirst. And Pam was the Party for your Birthday???? I think
I will have some of those Oregon Strawberries...yummy!

Hugs,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  4:41:06 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
It was! Everyone had to bring a food that reminds them of me. It was funny seeing all the different foods. I've got all sorts of beverages from yesterday. I'll bring them out with the strawberries.

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  4:58:12 PM  Show Profile
Pam, that is a really good idea! I might steal that for future reference!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  6:48:59 PM  Show Profile
We are expecting more rain today..sighing here...and that means the possiblity of flooding again... we can't seem to get past this. It certainly makes getting around anywhere nearly impossible. We have sure had some strange weather. Thought I would bring some chocolate chip cookies and pot of peach tea for you.

Channah so sorry you were seasick. Not much fun.
Darlene congrats on grandbaby.
Julia hope all goes well with your daughter's wedding.

HOpe all have had a great day.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  7:19:18 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I am feeling tons better today! YAY!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  7:38:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, Julia, how are you keeping your sanity???? Wow....that's alot in a very short amount of time! Hope you can make it to the porch sleep over just to relax, eat and enjoy your friends!

Peggy I didn't know crushed egg shells ward off the nasty slugs! I'll make a zucchini quiche to bring to the sleep over and I'll try the egg shells from that! Thanks!!

Marla did you find great stuff at the Farmers Mkt?

Pam, your party sounds like so much fun!!! What a neat idea! I think a sleep over is in the making with all that food....may have to stay for several days just to eat all the yummy food!!! I made sweet Applesauce Cinnamon cut-out ornaments from MJ December issue, so I'll bring those so you can each take one home for an early Christmas surprise!!

Megan sounds like you're ready for some good ole R&R!!!

PeggyAnn, wow, that's a big job but always feels so good to get a project like that finished!! Strawberries sound yum!!!

Channah, so glad you're feeling better....wow, that's a trip you won't forget soon!!

Tammy, the Midwest is not a good place to be living right at this moment! We have more rain on the way in Iowa too...flooding and slugs!! Ugh!!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!

Edited by - Lin on Jun 19 2010 7:45:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  11:39:18 PM  Show Profile
Well Girls...there is no rain, no slugs, no flooding, and no sea-sickness on The Porch; only lovely
friends, fabulous food, good drinks and plenty of room for all. I tried to make the Slow Cooker
Bread Pudding tonight but was out of two ingredients. To the store tomorrow...before I get to try
it. My mouth is watering already.

Pam I ordered both of those Vintage Embroidery books you suggested...Thanks! Will come at the end of
the month. For now, I am still drooling over my Rainbow of Stitches book.

Night Girls!
Hugs,
~peggy

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  07:50:49 AM  Show Profile
I found the best organic blackberries from a local farm. When you buy blackberries from the store they tend to be tart. These were soooo sweet. I made a blackberry cobbler from them with a recipe I found on a blog I read. You put the topping in and then the fruit. As it cooks the fruit sinks in. Its all gone already, so I guess that recipe is a keeper. Will make another today before all the family comes over for fathers day. I will try to sneak some over here later.

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  08:47:50 AM  Show Profile
The cobbler sounds wonderful. Lin, my hubby says you are only about 70 miles from me. I was like really. Peggy I am so glad to come to the porch where we can forget about rain, slugs, floods, and enjoy each other.

hugs
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  11:56:51 AM  Show Profile
This is a very happy fathers day at our house! My Hubby got a job today! He'll be making a little less than he did on unemployment, but it was due to run out this month anyway. It's gonna be really hard for a while, but there is a chance for overtime, which would make it better. He's also gonna see what he can do about working some extra at the guys farm for a little more income. We are in the process of settin up our roadside stand, so maybe there will be some help there as well.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  12:05:53 PM  Show Profile
Angela this is wonderful to hear. What a blessing today!

hugs
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  12:07:32 PM  Show Profile
Angela, That's fantastic news about your husband getting a job!! Yay!! This calls for a celebration... off to make some lemon squares to bring to the porch

Love...always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Cor 13:7
Farm Girl Sister #1683 Living Simply & Naturally
http://www.piecemama.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  2:53:42 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
That is so awesome! Congrats~

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  4:01:14 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, 70 miles is SSOO workable.......we really need to get some Farmgirls together for a gathering!!! My sister, Sharon in Papillion is right outside of Omaha. Where are you located! My gosh, that's crazy! Is there a Farmgirl Chapter near you? The rhubarb cobbler was delicious and my dad was thrilled. My sister sent him some cookies, so he was a happy guy!! He loves the homemade treats!

Peggy, I'm so glad for the porch!!! We all love it and I always have such a wonderful visual of all of us gathered on a big ole Farmhouse porch looking out into the sunset, laughing, chatting, drinking refreshing drinks with a table full of wonderful food!!

Angela, congrats to you and your hubby!!! So happy for both of you!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  6:21:10 PM  Show Profile
Well Lin if there is a chapter around here I have not heard about it. I am located in a small town called Howells which is by West POint. Omaha is about an hour and half from me. Wow! To think how close we are. I have been to Sioux City to shop.

I just love the porch. It is a wonderful place

hugs
tammy

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  7:30:28 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls...why don't we start our own Virtual Porch Chapter?? I like the idea how about
you? I don't really want to belong to a chapter that actually gets together and meets
monthly and does stuff because I have Fibromyalgia and If there is one thing you don't
do with Fibro. is make plans in advance. What do you all think about the Virtual Chapter?

Angela...I am so happy that your hubby got a JOB! That is not an easy task in this economy.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  7:41:17 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I love the idea of a Virtual Porch Chapter!! How will that work........share recipes, ideas, do swaps, barters????? Are we brainstorming? I have a friend with Fibromyalgia and it's been so horrible. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. She said she has learned to just make the best of the good times and cope with the rest. She's an attorney. Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  7:44:54 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I spent most of my childhood in Nebraska....Madison, Neligh and Hastings!! Maybe towards Fall, before Winter we can figure out a plan to gather a group of us!!!

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  10:27:27 PM  Show Profile
I love the idea of a Virtual Chapter! I have too much stuff going on to committ to a chapter, so that would be perfect for me!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  09:35:59 AM  Show Profile
Peggy,
I love the idea of a virtual chapter too. Lin, I taught school at Madison for over ten years. It is about 40 miles from me now. I think it would be great if we can meet sometime. NOw Peggy I am with you on the virtual chapter...what you got in mind sweet sister. This would be great for me.

hugs
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  12:02:35 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Sounds fun!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page