Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  12:50:01 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Count me in too! I'm getting jealous ,LOL, I want to come visit you all when you meet somewhere.
Baby Trystan is jaundiced. He will need to be under the lights or in the sun. 3 out of 4 GK were also jaundiced.
I am worn out from Aryanna the 18 mo. I NEED the porch Big Time. I just made bean salad, macaroni salad, red beet eggs and made cottage cheese with one sf sberry jello and pineapple chunks. The cottage cheese tastes like a dessert made like this.Hamburgers and rolls coming too! Daughter just called to say if they can't get a light she needs to take the baby to the hospital and she will be staying, she is breast feeding so she has to stay. SOOOOO i will be gettig the 3 GK as soon as she knows if she's going. So I'm coming over now for a quick reprieve. I love my GK. I have an area in my yard where I set 2 old clawfoot tubs side by side so maybe the dog and kids will cool off there for awhile. We'll have a good time! Prayers Please. Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  1:49:09 PM  Show Profile
Angela- Wonderful news about hubby's new job! Perfect timing with it coming just as the unemployment was going to run out! God is good!

Darlene- Congrats on the newest grandson! Trystan is a sweet name. At his birth weight of 9 lbs 8 oz he is bigger than my youngest granddaughter who is 2 months old this week- she was a preemis and weighed 3 lbs 8 oz at birth and is now up to 8 lbs. Yes, prayers for you the next few days with all of kids while your daughter takes care of her newest one.

Oh my, the rain in the midwest sounds terrible. I haven't watched TV in months, so I was not aware of the flooding going on. Prayers for all of you midwesterners too! I visited Iowa once a few years ago- beautiful farms out there!

I like the idea of a virtual front porch sitting chapter. Count me in!

My internet is down at home, so I was MIA over the weekend. All is well in western New York- warm and humid and dry. My garden is coming along well. This weekend I will go to my mother's to work in my garden at her house- 4 hours away from my home. She said it doesn't appear to have weeds in it, so maybe it will work out after all to have a large garden so far away. I hope it still has vegetables in it! Mom uses a wheelchair and can't get out to get a good look at the garden for me. My sister-in-law sent me pics of it last week and it looked fine.

Blessings!

Lida
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  1:50:50 PM  Show Profile
Darlene- I Kunkletown near Reading, PA? My sister-in-law lives there and we travel down there every once in a while.

Lida
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  7:20:06 PM  Show Profile
i'm in too i love my porch farmgirls at the end of the day and
like the idea of being in a chapter so count me in too.
blessing deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  7:23:23 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, you definitely need some porch time!! Remember to take care of yourself too!! Your GKs will keep you running, but know you love it! Food sounds delicous....I'll bring some fresh strawberries and multi-grain bread that's still warm!!!

Tammy, what a small world, isn't it!!

Lida, your garden sounds wonderful and it sounds like your mom enjoys it as much as she's able to.

Hugs and Smiles, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  8:03:38 PM  Show Profile
Girls, I don't know for sure about the virtual porch, but my actual porch is now blooming with coneflowers, daisies, and daylilies...The black-eyed susans are hovering in the background and waiting to burst in. I'm still trying to find the best deal on white wicker porch furniture, new or used, and pulling weeds, bindweed adn sow's thistle are rampant.... Should I put flag festoons on the porch rail?

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  8:11:09 PM  Show Profile
OK Girls...I will contact Brian and Tell him that we want to start
"The Virtual Porchies Farmgirl" Chapter and see if we can do it.
Let's really have fun with this...with out overburdening ourselves...
and everyones ideas will be welcome. First lets make sure we can become
a real chapter and also, we have 8 gals signed up so far...but we want
anyone who wants to sign up to be a part of this Chapter because we have
so much fun on The Porch!!!!

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  8:16:39 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, your porch sounds wonderful!!! Flag festoons look beautiful on porch railings!! I vote yes!! My mom planted some Candy Corn Flowers and they are absolutely adorable....the flowers look just like candy corn! I'd never heard of those until my cousin planted them for her!!! Are you girls familiar with them? Love the white wicker porch furniture.......hope you find some soon!! Hugs, Lin

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  8:33:02 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, that sounds great!! Anxiously awaiting Brian's answer!! LIn

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  08:03:32 AM  Show Profile
I'd like to join the chapter! I haven't been around much the last couple of days. We've had just enough rain every other day to keep us out of our muddy garden, then 3 whole days of sun! I ran out on the third day as the clouds rolled in agian and was gonna weed till the rain came. Three rows later (80 foot rows very overgrown) I realized sweat was dripping off my face. I thought I'd sit in the chair in the shade for a few to cool off. Wait! Shade! I realized the sun was shining and I had no sunscreen on. I walked back to the house to have my oldest DD put some on my back and was informed I was way too late. :( I am toasted a dark, dark red and in so much pain. I didn't realize just how baggy my shorts were. They let the sun shine down my backside from baggin out when I was squatted by the rows! I have a red bottom halfway down! Today is the first day I can sit down in a chair to catch up on the computer. I'm so dreadin the farmers market tomorrow. All that bendin and stretchin to set up, and the space is so small I'm always bumpin into stuff. I hope I can get through it, and without my Hubby for the first time. Also, what will I wear? Right now I can hide in the house in one of my silky summer nighties and a pair of my Hubby's jockey shorts rolled down below the burn line, but that won't work for tomorrow! I am so payin more attention from now on!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  10:10:43 AM  Show Profile
Oh Angela that sounds so painful. Well bring on the aloe vera and motrin. Find a loose summer dress (so no one can see how low the underthings are lol). Sunburns are the worst. I once went to a lake and forgot to put sunscreen on the tops of my feet. Even though I was standing in water burned the top of my feet so bad could not put shoes on for three days. But lesson learned, I always lather up the tops of my feet now. Will be praying you make it through the market, and that sales will be good.

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  10:17:33 AM  Show Profile
Oh Angela dear, I agree with Marla, lots of aloe vera and motrin. I pray that it heals quickly. HOpe the market brings good sales.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  11:37:21 AM  Show Profile
Oh Angela...how painful! I have you down on the Chapter List of Names I am gathering.
Hope the Farmers Market won't be as horrific as you are anticipating. The aloe will
take the burning sensation away and the motrin should do the rest. Nice light weight
longer summer dress and skip the undies (who would know)! Besides you?

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  12:27:57 PM  Show Profile
Angela, that sounds terrible! I'm with everyone else: bring on the aloe!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  12:47:33 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hey Peg! Put me down too!
Angela-Oh sweetie! Take care!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

daylily
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

Chris
Newcastle CA
USA
114 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  2:11:05 PM  Show Profile
May I join too? I haven't been around too much, but things are changing and I just may have time for some porch sitting!

Chris
Farmgirl Sister #346

http://refininglife.blogspot.com
http://organizedkitchen.blogspot.com
http://redeemedforapurpose.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  4:40:37 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
You sure can Chris! Jump right in!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  4:43:58 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'd love to be part of the virtual chapter too! The kids have kept me sooo busy this last week (translation=exhausted) that I haven't been able to get on much. :-(
It's so fun to catch up though and see what everyone's been doing! I'm super excited, just ordered the MJF books and can't wait to get them. We're going on a 9 day trip to Oregon and Idaho in an RV with our (almost) 1 and 3 year old so I figure I'd splurge a little and get the books to read while I'm gone. I'll need some sort of country girl fix since I'll be away from the boards for a bit.

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Jun 22 2010 4:44:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  8:56:01 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Lida, Reading is about 1 1/2 hours from me. Do you know Allentown, Pa? We could meet there sometime. It's about 1/2 hour from
Reading.
Go to Top of Page

mayamade
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

maya
minneapolis minnesota
30 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  9:10:40 PM  Show Profile
joining you all. wow! this is a BIG thread, working on it s.l.o.w.l.y. maybe i'll just start here...
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  9:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
OOPS wasn't finished yet! Trystan is now in the hospital with a higher bilirubin count. On IV and under the lights. Have 3 other GKS here with us. My poor daughter is so exhausted and hasn't even been able to relax since her C-Section. Her other 1/2 is no help even though he thinks he is. That's a whole other story!

Angela along with the aloe and Motrin, which will decrease the inflamation, soakin a tub with oatmeal to soothe the burn.

Will get back here and there as I have free time.LOL, Darlene

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  11:31:30 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to our new Porchies! We all love our sisters on the
Porch. It is a great place to come and kick your shoes off (boots off or scrape
the mud off your bare feet) and just relax anytime morning, noon or night.
You always leave...glad that you came and spent a few precious minutes with your
Farmgirl Sisters. The friendships are fabulous, the conversation never boring,
and we serve each other calorie freefood and drink. We have a couple of Porch Swings,
Some Rockers, and some cozy overstuffed chairs, some wooden straight chairs and lots
of pillows and if you are really tired one of the sisters is always willing to grab
a quilt and cover you snuggly-up. We are never offended if you fall asleep or even
quietly snore. We are a happy tolerant Group!

Brian is setting us up as a Chapter and we will have our own Henhouse. I will let
you all know when it is up and running.
Then you will need to go through Brian to officially join the Henhouse. We will be
called Virtual Porchies.

Have a good night girls...I just finished a swap project and so, I am pooped and
ready to go crawl into bed and stretch-out and read awhile.

Back tomorrow!
blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  11:49:38 PM  Show Profile
Darlene...I forgot to tell you that I made the slow-cooker bread pudding
recipe and it was Fabulous. I used real sugar, with the cinnamon-sugar
but the rest of the sugar I used Splenda. And we were not dissappointed at
all. I am trying to keep that 50lbs I lost off. My husband said he didn't
really like Bread Pudding but funny thing is...He loved it both warm or
refrigerator cold. So, that should tell you that it was a HIT! I scored
with him, thanks to you. LOL!

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2010 :  04:52:17 AM  Show Profile
My Hubby got up a little early to put a new concoction on my back. It is a homemade version of 'greenslime' made for bikers to heal road rash. It's a blend of aloe and shea butter lotion. It feels amazing and my girls used it last night for their skeeter bites and said it stopped the itchin completely after a few minutes. I dug through my closet and found an old summer dress that is a little baggy on me and my hubby suggested my sexy low cut undies, so that should work. I'm puttin the same sports bra back in since it will set in the pattern perfectly. I think I'll make it with my 10 y/o DDs help for settin up and my Hubby will be there in time to help me tear down. Well, time to bake the cookies.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2010 :  05:03:04 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Great news that we will be an official group! Thank you Peggy for pursuing that for us. I have 2 porches at my house. One gets morning sun and the other gets evening sun, so I have choices for whatever the weather is giving. I haven't figured ut how to post pics here, but maybe someday I will learn and then post a pic of my favorite relaxing place with my grandfather's 80 year old rocking chair.

Angie- so sorry about your sunburned back! I hope the farmers market went well, despite your pain.

Welcome Maya! I gave up on trying to even skim through 100+ pages of postings. I think I settled on page 80 and got caught up from that point.

Darlene- prayers for Trystan, your daughter and you. It was only a couple of months ago that my preemie granddaughter was in the NICU and my daughter was trying to recover from an emergency C-section. They are well now. I may be in Wyckoff, NJ for a conference in September. I have been through Allentown, but I don't recall where it is. Is it near northern Jersey? We have not scheduled a trip to visit SIL in Reading this year, so it may be awile before we can actually meet, but we might someday meet in person! In the meantime- hugs!

Kids and grandkids will be here for hubbie's birthday dinner this evening. I made his traditional strawberry rhubarb pie this morning before it got too hot to bake. Family is doing well, garden is doing well, work is doing well... All is well...

Peace,
Lida
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page