Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 08 2018 :  3:45:31 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...I got up at 6:00 this morning...I know it is a new Trend for Me. LOL But Elijah had to have a small surgery to repair scar tissue inside
his penis. Once they got in they found there was no scar tissue just the sutures that never dissolved from his surgery at 7 months old. They took those out
and said he was good to go! We were all very happy about that. The surgery was suppose to be 90 minutes long and was only 20-30 minutes. He was a real trooper!
The Kaisser Childs Hospital Wing is really great...they make everything FUN for the kids! But they said that they rarely get kids as well informed as Elijah
(by his parents) and as well behaved. A well informed child is always less nervous or petrified of the unknown. I was so proud of him!!!

I came back home and took a nice long nap and now I am waiting for the Groomer to call me to come get Snickers. Our weather has gotten warm and his long hair
was becoming miserable for him. ~ Was becoming miserable for me too. I had been trying to grow my hair out to change my hair style but once the weather got
warmer I started really sweating from the top of my head down my face... when I walked or went worked outside in my postage stamp flower-garden. So, since I hate
to sweat OFF came the hair! No, Judy I didn't say Off with My Head!!! Just my hair! LOL Though I was thinking about asking IF she could cut off a little body
fat while she was at it. LOL

I just found out that I won't be going back to Spokane when I wanted to. They just set up two appointments this month on my Eye Lazer Surgery. I guess it works out
alright because then I can wrap up my Bible Study until Fall.

Too much going on in my Life...but I have enjoyed being Home. Got all Mom's Creditors Notified of her death and now need to start on sending out her Obituary to Friends of
the Family. I have contacted them by phone but most want a copy of the Obit. While I was at the Hospital I got a call from her Financial Advisor and one of her IRAs has
been liquidated and I will receive a Check for it in about a week. The other one is through Wells Fargo and they are a thorn in my flesh. I have to leave them to God or
I might do something I would regret later! ROFLOL Then the Estate Sale and then the House Sale. I will be so Happy when it is all done!!! Difficult Summer for me but
I thank God for my Kids and Hubby too. They are all a big help.

Denise...Happy Anniversary! Love your Roses...so Beautiful!!

Prairie Tammy...Wow, what an eventful Day Off!!! You need an A/C in that Tractor! That is Hot Work but I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself with your Man!

Teacher Tammy...School's Almost Out For Summer!!! Celebration Time Girl!!! Make lots of Memories and have lots of FUN!!!

Patsy & Judy...you two are Two Peas in a Pod!! There must have been lots of Humor and Fun in your House Growing Up!! You are both delightfully Nutty!

Off to get the dog ya'all! Enjoy the rest of the Week and Count Your Blessings,
Hugs and Squishies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 08 2018 :  5:04:06 PM  Show Profile
Denise, beautiful roses, happy anniversary.

Tammy, sounds like a really nice day on the farm.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - May 08 2018 :  5:16:08 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Judith and Nora!

We just back from at nice dinner out. We are heading down shore in a couple of weekends to celebrate again. We haven't had a chance to get to the shore in the past couple of yrs. and we both love it there so, thought it would be a good time to plan it.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013
"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 10 2018 :  2:24:20 PM  Show Profile
Denise, lovely roses. How many years?
Peg, so glad you decided to keep your head. Losing your marbles would be harder without your head ya know!
And I KNOW you've lost those a few times in the past! heehee
We are enjoying low to mid 70's around here. Today Dave and I went out and played in the yard cleaning up flower beds and composting some of them. I planted a few old packs of seeds just to see if they'd still produce. Time will tell. Our maple leaves are about an inch across, just to give you an idea where we are on the spring growing scale. Dogwoods, magnolia and crabapples are bloomed and gorgeous. For Ohio, we are right on schedule. May can be tricky in that it can get hot too fast. So far we are happy with it!
Have a great day Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - May 10 2018 :  3:42:43 PM  Show Profile
Judy,
Thirty six years for us.

My dd lives in Ohio and she recently moved into a new home. Today she found the bush right out their front door is lilacs. She is pretty happy about that. Almost all our blooming is done except my bleeding heart still has blossoms and I saw a rose on my bush today. Oh and the azaleas are blooming now. Hoping they will last a bit because after that it will only be the roses until the honeysuckle and peonies start.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013
"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 10 2018 3:43:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 10 2018 :  3:48:08 PM  Show Profile
My iris are getting ready to bloom out. I lost a cherry tree this winter so I was worried if the other one would produce or not. I do believe that it is growing cherries. We must have another one close by.

Duke has taken to playing in the road. Don't know how to brake him.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 11 2018 :  10:15:44 AM  Show Profile
Denise, 36...how wonderful!!! Good for Yuns!!! I have a lilac bush growing just outside my back door. It's so old. It was here when we moved in back in 1990 and looked as if it had been neglected for a few years. It's kind of sparse on flowers. Maybe we should cut it down to the ground this fall n see if it has the strength to produce new shoots next year. I'll read up on it on Almanac(my go-to gardening site)!
After playing outside yesterday, I have an 'ouchy' back today, even thought I rubbed it good before bed with liniment and took a couple of my pain herbs. When I got up it was 52. I put my sweatshirt on and went for a walk around the Block and smelled everybody's flowers, as I continued to the store and got the newspapers and walked home. Put on some coffee and then Dave got up. Hahaha He deserves to sleep in once in awhile I guess.
It's only 57 now. Might rain, we'll see.
I love to hear all the spring stories, nice to see what we all are experiencing. I've always enjoyed that part of the porch, because we are from all over and it's interesting.
Make it a Great day Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 11 2018 :  11:29:23 AM  Show Profile
Hello sweet ladies,
This madam teacher said goodby to her butterflies today. So proud of how far they have come. My room is packed up. I have meetings and odds and ends next week to complete and then officially on summer break.

It hardly seems possible that school year is over. We will have a few changes at our school next year in teachers. Know God has a plan and purpose for all.
On a good note I became a grandma. Foster James Schroeder was born last night. 7 lbs and 10 oz and just precious. Not allowed to post any pictures yet. but I can't wait to meet him.

Well I think I will enjoy this afternoon off. Yall have a beautiful day
Love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 11 2018 :  12:53:19 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

I got on yesterday with only the time to read what everyone was posting! I was teaching a very long lesson on Revelation 17 & 18 last night so was putting together
some extra hand outs for my girls and adding my two cents worth on the subject matter. Plus I joined a Love Letter Writing Group about 3 months ago and I wanted to
to get those done to mail out. The Group is Called MLL (More Love Letters) and it was started by a gal who moved to New York...wanting the Big City Life over the
smaller area she grew up in...but what she found was that she was Ever Increasingly Lonely In The Big City...and making friends seemed next to impossible. Well,
her loneliness turned into isolation and then depression...which she ended up having to help for. She remembered that one of her happiest times in life was her
Mother leaving her little Love Letters everywhere as she was growing up! They would be in her lunch bag, her overnight back if she went to a Sleep-Over, In her
School Books etc. With this memory in heart she decided What The World Really Needs Is More Love Letters! So...at night she would pen several love letters and then
leave them in Coffee Shops, Restuarants, Work, Libraries etc etc (you get the Pickture). On the Envelope she wrote...If you found this, It's For You! And that
is how it all began. Well, you know how a Special Endevor goes...pretty soon this Love Letter Idea took on a Life of it's Own and people that found her love letters
started writing love letters of their own. So...she started a Blog and a Web Page and she soon had a "Cult Following" LOL And then people started writing to her on
her Blog Site and asking if she would be willing to send Love Letters to their Needy Friends or Relatives because they needed some love and encouragement. Well, as
you can imagine she was soon overwhelmed and needed to recruit help. That is where people like me come into the Picture. So, now once a month she sends out 4-6 names
of people who need encouragement and a little Bio on there situation. Then you pick and choose who you want to send a letter to. Yesterday I chose to do only 2 out of
the four. But Everyone who is a member gets these name. So, you send your letter to the person who asked for encouragement for their friend or family member. And in a
few weeks time...they have a whole bundle of letters to give to that person who needs a little Love even if it comes from Total Strangers. I love the idea...and it
gives you a way to make a small difference in someone elses life.

Teacher Tammy...hoorah for being done with school for the Summer! Enjoy Girlfriend!! And Congrats on the new Grandson!!! I love the name Foster! And some one else I
know just had a grandson named Forrest. The trend seems to be going back to old Fashion Names. I bet you can't wait to get your hands on him. That New Baby Smell is
the Joy to a Mother's and GrandMothers heart!

Judy...I like hearing what everyone is planting or what's blooming in their area too. You really do realize how diverse our growing seasons are! My Johnny Jump-Ups
just started jumping...all of a sudden they just grew over night! My Hydrengea's are NOT blooming yet but the plants themselves are getting very good sized for
being in large pots. My Bleeding Heart was producing well right before I left for Spokane and when I got home (no one waters for me but God) LOL I had to cut the plant
back down to the soil but now it is regrowing and will probably start blooming again right before I leave again for Spokane.

Nora...I love Iris too! I don't grow them but alot of my Neighbors do...so like Judy I go around smelling theirs as I walk and I take pictures of the pretty ones. There
are so many beautiful varieties of them. I love the lacey ones with 2 to 3 tones of color. Purple being my favorite one. There is a beautiful light lavendar and
yellow one too that I am quite fond of.

Prairie Tammy...you must really like that man of yours...since you are back out in that Tractor with him harvesting with NO A/C. It is either LOVE or you are a glutten
for punishment. ROFLOL I want pictures of Your Porch when you get it done. I can't post on here anymore...so, I can't share with My Porchies what I shared on FB. My
Porch is one of My Happy Places and I spruced it up a bit this year. I am enjoying it ALL Ready as you know Tammy.

I'm still trying to duke it out with Well's Fargo Bank over my Mom's IRA. They are ruthless to deal with. I just might have to hire an Attorney but I pray Not. That
would eat up what little inheritance I get.

Have a Wonderful Mother's Day Weekend Girls!!! My Kids are spoiling me already. Pat (my son who I left in Spokane) sent me a new pair of sneakers. Not for wearing on my
long walks but around the house and outside. They are purple and so comfy! Jenn and Steven sent me a new coloring book...and will send Steven's New CD when it releases
next month.

It is suppose to be 87 on Mother's Day...that will be a Gift right there. I LOVE IT!!!

Hope All You Mother's and GrandMothers get Spoiled Rotten too!!! Enjoy the Blessings!!

Love You To The Beach and Back,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 11 2018 :  3:26:49 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, congratulations on the grandson, Sounds like he's a big boy.
Peggy, the love letter thing sounds really interesting. The world needs a little love. All of my iris are shades of purple.

Happy Mother's Day to one and all.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - May 11 2018 :  6:46:50 PM  Show Profile
Tammy,
Congratulations on that new grandson! Now that you are off for the summer maybe you will have lots of time to spend with him?

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 12 2018 :  12:17:31 PM  Show Profile
Peg, I just noticed that you aren't a member. What happened? When you said you couldn't post pics anymore I had to go see why.
My back went out and I need Prayer. I miss my Sweet Mama and I need Prayer.
That's all for me today!
Thanks Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 12 2018 :  1:28:44 PM  Show Profile
Judy, prayers and hugs to you.

Duke decided to join us on the porch.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 12 2018 :  6:25:27 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies,

Just popping in to say hi. Life has been awful busy lately.... too busy. I'm working on fixing this and slowing life down. I hope you are all doing well!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com
*Journal Through The Bible*The Life Giving Home Study*Homemaker's Bookclub*

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 14 2018 :  12:35:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

Hope Everyone who is a Mama or a Grandma had a Great Mother's Day! God even gives our non-Mama's other Children to love and mentor in the Lord. Some women I know
who couldn't have children...God has Blessed with many many young people from Churches, Neighborhoods, and Schools to Bless their Lives. So really I believe that
we ALL are Mother's in one way or another!!

Judy...I quit paying dues when finances were tight a couple of years ago. They never locked me out of places until just this year. So...that is just how it is. I
can still come on the Threads...I just don't get some of the benefits. Maybe in time I will join again but for now it is what it is.

Nora...sorry, but even with my bifocals I can't see that picture it is way too small. I want to see too!!! LOL

Sabrina...Summers are always busy but make sure you and the kids and yes, even hubby have lots of Memory Making Adventures to build on. One of my fondest memories
are all the times mom & dad took us to the River or a lake or a pool to swim in the Summer. We would pack a lunch and just play until night...then go home
and sleep like babies even on those HOT nights with no AC.

I had a Fabulous and Fun Mother's Day Weekend. My Sweet Kids spoiled me rotten as they always do. They spoil me on regular weekends! LOL I am always Blessed with
their love and the Family time we share!

Well, I guess I better go get some Obits sent out. It was 90 degrees here yesterday and the same today. Then suppose to go down to 70's and 80's for the rest of the
week with NO RAIN!!! You gotta Love that!!!

Enjoy your Monday Girlies!!

Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 15 2018 :  10:35:27 AM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies,
It is a beautiful day here in the neighborhood. I am finished up in my classroom today so I have the rest of the afternoon home, I would ask for prayers for our school. The kindergarten teacher resigned this week and there are some parents trying to fire another teacher. That teacher is the one I mentor so therefore I will be going to the school board to speak on her behalf. We have some parents who like to think they can get their way through witch hunts. I am not a fan. While I get parents have concerns that need to be addressed, we need to offer compassion, forgiveness, and second chances. Teachers are like students they don't grow at the same pace. She needs time to address concerns, learn from them, and think how to make things better. I am not sure I can stay at a school that professes God as the center and then leaves HIm out of the equation. Needless to say I am on a bit of edge.

judy prayers for your back to heal.

Peggy so glad surgery went well for Elijah. He sure is a cutie.

well ladies I am off to plant some flowers and catch up around here.
love and blessings,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 15 2018 :  12:56:24 PM  Show Profile

Hello My Porchies...

Well, we have Coastal Drizzle here this morning. Which messes with my Fatigue and Fibro. Suppose to have to days of it....so I guess I won't get my Grandbabies tomorrow.
I wish the weather men could get it right for just once. LOL I know it's hard to predict God...He does what he wants not what we want.

I just finished writing out cards to my Mom's dozen or So Friends and including her Obituary in each card. Glad to have that finished! Still fighting with One Major Financial
Institution that I swear is going to be the Death of me. They have lied to me 3 times in a week...so, I guess I am going to have to file a Grievance against them. I'm so
very tired of them with both my Aunt and My Mom's Stuff. Lord have Mercy! I'm ready to sic my Super-Hero Ninja Grandson on them...then, they'll be sorry!! ROFLOL He's got
Moves...let me tell you!!! HaHaHa!!!

Teacher Tammy...we really live in a World that feels such entitlement! A Christian based Company, School, Organization can be just a bad as A Secular One. I Know from working
in Christian Book Stores. Christians aren't always nice and Christian! Either are Christian Organizations. Not ALL but more than you would think. And The Church itself has
more sin going on in it than one would think. Just remember that all three aren't Saved by Grace for Nothing. We are All Sinners and fall short of the Glory of God. The Church
is a Hospital for Sinners not an Institution for Saints. We are All Sinners that is just The Truth of The Matter...even though we try to live Godly Lives...we fail Miserably
sometimes. All we can do is let God lift us back up, dust the dirt off of us and set us back on The Right Path. ~ However I am glad that you are standing up for this Teacher.
Yay...Madame Butterfly. The winning side is rarely the popular side...so don't let those parents make the rules.

Judy are you feeling any better girlfriend????

Well, I'm off to get my computer work done and then down for a Nap. I only got 4 1/2 hours sleep last night.

Have a Blessed day Ladies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 15 2018 :  1:32:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, Yes Peg, I'm finally feeling better. Spent all evening Saturday and all day SonDay in bed with my herbs or my meds for back spasms. I hate drugs. They left me feeling like I had been on an alcohol binge.
hmmmmm....maybe I should have tried that....Pickle my problems! *giggle* I was so woozy.
Today was the first day that I really felt like a human being again.
We are having a week of rains and storms too. Wednesday is the only day it's suppose to be dry... so they say. Like you said Peg, God has the last word on that, not Mr. Doppler.
Ok, later gators! Have a great evening.
Thanks for all your Prayers!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on May 15 2018 1:36:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 18 2018 :  07:59:01 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
Just popping in to say hello. It is a beautiful day here and I am sure that is why I am putting off cleaning my house lol. My new grandson will be visiting this weekend and I am so looking forward to meeting him and maybe getting some pictures. :)

School is done for me and I am glad. We have a lot of drama going on there and I am not sure if I will continue to teach there after next year. I could have easily not for the following year but I am a teacher of principle and wouldn't leave them hanging. There are just some things going on that are not what God would want us doing. I am not even sure of my purpose at the moment. If all I had to do was teach, that would be easy but it is more than that. This week they tried to fire a teacher, my own principal of whom I respect, wanted it. The teacher is a good teacher but they want to hire another teacher they think is better. WE don't have money there are times I am not sure I will get paid. That is just one of many things. I don't mean to vent but this is not how a Christian school should be. I realize all schools have issues but ours just seem to get bigger every year and there is a reason why good teachers leave and no one wants to teach there. I am tired of fighting and no support. I am tired of all the extra extra stuff we are do and some teachers getting paid for extra duties and some of us not. As I said, God and I have had many discussions over the tangle of my heart. I love our families but that is not enough anymore. I don't see God in my school anymore and that breaks my heart.

ok I have vented enough I left some brownies and peach tea for yall.
have a beautiful day
love and blessings,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 18 2018 :  09:13:43 AM  Show Profile
Sometimes it is really hard to know what to do when you love doing what you're doing, but so much stand in the way to trip over. Good luck making your decision.

We have had a lot of rain this week. Pretty much floating. The cats are on their last nerve because they can't put space between themselves. Duke is more active inside because he can't get out. I don't know where the saying, "Mad as a wet hen" came from because mine seem to love being in the rain. It brings out a lot of interesting things for them to investigate.

Have a great day.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 19 2018 :  12:32:08 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

I can hardly believe it is almost Saturday! This week went by quickly. And it was so sad to have the School Shooting today in Texas. My heart breaks for all
The Families and Friends of those killed. It is just horrific!!! This is a wound that will not easily heal...the loss of a child! Why any kid thinks he has the
right to blow away as many of his fellow classmates as he can, really needs some serious psychological help...before it every gets to that point! But these kids
with guns are usually the ones who have been bullied and miss-treated and are fighting back in the most horrible way possible. Lord save us from ourselves!

I hope your day held some Positive and Wonderful Experiences in it. Mine did...as I got one of the IRA's Liquidated from my Mom's Estate. Still battling you know
who! But faxing them the information they needed from me...which is just my signature and My husband's signature. After they get that I am told it will only be
5-10 before they release the money. I will believe it when I see it...and am trusting God not the Financial Institute I am dealing with.

I had a really Wonderful walk tonight. It was a pleasant evening...not very hot and blue skies and sunshine after a week of Overcast-ness. I was tired of working on
Mom's finances and just getting out in the fresh air was just what The Great Physician ordered. Yay!!!

Tomorrow afternoon we are meeting with my husbands only living sibling for Lunch over in Portland. She wants to see our grand-kids because it has been a couple of years
. All here grand-kids are grown up. Mary is the same age as My Mom was. So, I think she is just longing for a little bit of kid cuteness.

Teacher Tammy...wow, you really do have a big decision to make about your teaching. There comes a time when you just know it's time to go. That is how my job was
when I quit. I had been wanting to quit for about 6 months...and that morning when I went to work I had no plans to quit. But when I got there all of a sudden God
just whispered today is the day...go clean out your desk and start packing up your office...you are leaving before the store even opens today! I was so excited I
felt like I was walking on clouds...it was just the right thing to do, on the right day and at the right hour. I got everything packed up, called my husband and
told him what I was doing and he said, "I will head right back over to get you. As for what ever reason he took me to work that day (a God thing). I hung up and I
grabbed my Office Keys and took them up stairs looking for our 18 year old Manager (yup you read that right. 18 and Manager over ALL 16 of our Stores) And when I
found her; I said, " Oh, Melody isn't it a Beautiful Day out this Morning (in my most cheerful voice) and she said, "Yeah, I guess it is. ("as she kept walking away
from me). And I said, "I think so too, so here are my office and store keys...and I'm going to go GET A LIFE!" And I turned around and walked out! My husband picked
me up and He said, "Let's Go to The Coast and Celebrate!" So, we did! And it was THE MOST GLORIOUS DAY! IT WAS ALL GOD'S PERFECT TIMING. I share that with you...
to say, "You will have your answer from God, when in His Time" Because when God directs your steps, as I know he does yours, He will
give you the answer you have been praying about. Trust Me Girl! And thanks for the Peach Tea and brownies!!! It's been awhile since anyone left something yummy for
Us on the Porch!!

Judy...I am so glad that you are feeling better. And you are so right Mr. Doppler rarely get that weather right, because God does what He wants to. Go God!!

Nora...Sorry to hear that you and Judy are getting a bunch of rain. I will enjoy some Weekend Sunshine for ya'll. Our two big rivers don't have too many inches to go
before they are at Flood Stage. We had a very wet Spring and now with the snow pack melting from our Mountains...those rivers are about to have their banks runneth
over. I don't know where "Mad as a wet Hen" came from either...because a lot of chickens love the rain. But I think the dogs and cats like the indoors when the weather
is Nasty!!!

OK, My Peachie Porchies...have a Great Weekend and find something FUN to do!!!

Love and Squishies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - May 19 2018 :  07:38:46 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone!

I sure wish the rain would quit. We have had it for 2 weeks now. I got a lovely bleeding heart from my daughter for Mother's day and haven't been able to plant it yet.

I have spent the week finishing up going through the odds and ends left of dad's things. I am totally finished with that now. Also, and don't laugh, it has taken me since Monday but I finished downsizing my craft area. which is actually a closet that JT fitted shelves into for me. My sewing machine is in the room but everything else is here. I took 3 bags and two boxes of stuff out of here. Feels good! My fabric which of course I do not part with, is in an amoire in the spare room. Fits great in there. So I have decided to have a yard sale with the furniture I need to get rid of and if I can get it all out of here I will have a semblance of normal again. I am my own worst enemy but I also had so much of dad's things too. Hard to decide what to do with all that.

Caught bits and pieces of the Royal wedding this morning during breakfast.

Now I am moving on to getting my desk area cleaned and do a bit of paperwork.

Peggy~ It took 9 months for us before we could do anything with dad's estate according to state law here. That was over the beginning of the month. The lawyer we had was very helpful getting everything done. We chose to use a lawyer so there would be no problems later on.

How is everyone else doing. I hope some of you are enjoying the sunshine. Hope it makes its appearance here again someday! LOL

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 19 2018 :  12:47:18 PM  Show Profile
OK Denise and other's I just typed a couple of long paragraphs and my computer burped and now it is out in cyber-space somewhere...so, I'm going to go
kick the stupid thing to the curb and come back later when I have cooled down. LOL

Hugs and Frustration,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 21 2018 :  06:15:23 AM  Show Profile
Couple of sunny days. The water Is receding. Got in my garden and got lettuce and onions for wilted lettuce last night.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 21 2018 :  09:49:44 AM  Show Profile
Happy Monday, sweet ladies,
Thank you Peggy for your words of wisdom. I appreciate them and have taken them to heart. I know God will let me know the path to take and I trust Him with every breath I take.
I informed hubby we need to plan our vacation cause this girl is ready lol. I met my sweet Foster this weekend. Oh my goodness he is so precious. I do have pictures but have to sort them out and make sure mama is ok with me posting them. Can I just say fall in love. He is only 10 days old but he has this grandma wrapped around his finger already. lol

Judy how you feeling dear one? Hope better.

I started taking a yoga class this morning. I decided I need to venture out and this lady leads us in devotion and prayer to our sweet Father and it was hard...let me say I have no balance I fell over and had the giggles so bad...but I wasn't the only one lol It was a great way to begin week.
ok I am going to bake some banana bread. I am in the mood to bake and make house smell yummy.
yall have a great day
Love and blessings,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page