Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 21 2018 :  7:00:39 PM  Show Profile
TLTammy, I am feeling better but my back is so weak that every time I go out to work in the yard, flower beds or garden, I have to come in and rub myself down with liniment and take some pills. It's really a pain... well... in the back. Hahaha I've dealt with this since my 20's. Sad but true!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 22 2018 :  09:41:43 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

As you can see it took me a few days to get Happy again over My Word Eating Monster...snatching my Porch Message and gobbling it up! LOL

Yesterday I had my laser surgery on my eyes. The prep took 45 minutes and the surgery took about 3 minutes in each eye. He said that I had
thin irises which was a good thing for this proceedure. I wish that weren't the only "thin" thing about me. LOL I couldn't see very well
most of the day yesterday as the laser makes you very light sensitive for awhile. I have that problem normally with green eyes...but it was
more like having your eyes dilated. So, no lifting yesterday, and steroid drops 3 times a day for 5 days and then I have my follow up
appointment. Before he was even done with the proceedure he said that the liquid was draining from behind my eye where it was causing the
pressure and flowing into the hole he made in the top of each eye ball. I asked him if this proceedure was pretty normal for when you age.
He said, "No, only 1 % of the population need it and rarely in both eyes. I thought that was funny because my husband and his sister both
had to have it done too.

Today I am going to Barnes and Noble while my hubby is at the Dr. and prepare my Bible Study Lesson. It is more fun to do it there...with a
cup of their good iced coffee and some kind of pastry.

Heading back to Spokane on June 1 st. I will see how much my son got done the last 4 weeks. I'm hoping he went above and beyound my expectations.
I just want to get everything done and gone and sell the place. I'm already tired of messing with it. I could sell it to about 5 different House Flippers
but I don't want them to low-ball it and that is just exactly what they do. So, I will let my son handle the sales aspect of it since he is a Realtor.

Well, I best go push hubs out of bed if we are going to leave here in 20 minutes.

Have a Lovely Day! Going to be HOT here today! Upper 80's.

Do something FUN! And stay Cool!!!
Blessings and Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 25 2018 :  7:53:58 PM  Show Profile
Peg, you crack me up! You say, "I wish that weren't the only thin thing about me" ... then in the same paragraph, a little later on you say," Barnes & Noble.... good iced coffee and some kind of pastry."
Hmmm... did ya ever stop to think that the two could somehow...I say just possibly.... somehow be connected?
Just sayin'!ROFL...giggle...snort.....
Anyhoo... glad your surgery went well!
We had 85 today but without the humidity that some places get with that, ours was actually bearable.
Very nice indeed. My great nephew has a Graduation party tomorrow and don't ya know it.... its suppose to rain. Noooooooo.....He's going into the Air Force like his Uncles in August. So we have to love on him while we can!
Oh well... Have a Happy, Safe Memorial Day weekend!!! Salute a soldier! They appreciate that!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 26 2018 :  1:09:10 PM  Show Profile

Judy...there are certain things a Girl just isn't going to give up in life...no matter her waistline! LOL For me...Coffee, Chocolate, and Occasional Sweets!
Even if they keep me Fat and Sassy!! LOL Don't try to ruin my FUN Miss Judy!! I bought a T-Shirt the Other Day that says "October Girls are A Whole Lot of
Sunshine with a mix of A Little Hurricane!" So, don't stir up my Hurricane...I'm just sayin! ROFLOL...giggle...snort (back atcha girlfriend) Teeheehee

My Oldest Step-grand-daughter Graduates next Month. She lives just outside of Spokane...so I hope to make it to her Graduation Celebration while i"m up there.
She is 17 and graduating a year earlier than she should have. She is a little brianiac! But she actually looks older than 17...more like 20! She has the
Sweetest Cutest Boyfriend who adores her. I told her to keep him...he is a really Nice Christian Kid!

Well, the weather turned cooler the last two days. Very overcast! The Barometric Change is giving me a super-duper Migraine. I could live without that!
Tomorrow is Elijah's 5th Birthday! He is sick though. Hopefully, by tomorrow, he will be better. His parents are throwing him a Family Party tomorrow at their
House and then he will have his Friends Party on June 9th. Unfortunately, Memorial Day Weekend is NOT a good time to have a party...nobody shows up but the
Grandparents! We have tried that since he was born. Mom and Dad finally got smart and moved his friends party out on the Calendar.

Does anyone read the Christian Author Ted Dekker? I just started his newest release last night, called The 49th Mystic. It's kind of creepy! He is known for being
an Edgy Story Teller. Kind of like The Christian version of Stephen King! I have never read one of Stephen King's books however or seen one of his Movies...but
I know people who have. Anyway...just throwing it out there in case some of you like more edgy reading. I tend to stay away from it. But I took an On-line Course
of Ted Dekkers and it was Fabulous! Chistian Class called The Forgotten Way! That I highly recommend.

Okay...off to find my migraine medicine! Have a Good Memorial Day Weekend Girls!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 26 2018 :  1:11:27 PM  Show Profile

I not only bugs me I can't post pictures...but I can't go in and fix my misspelled words either. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 26 2018 :  1:13:55 PM  Show Profile

The Problem is...my brain goes faster than my fingers can type! Like the work IT above came out I. Soooooooooooooooo you all have to suffer through my posts. LOL

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 28 2018 :  11:12:19 AM  Show Profile
Happy Memorial Day Ladies,
it is a scorcher here we went from 60 degrees to 100 this week. Needless to say I spend the afternoons inside and wait for flowers and things in the afternoon.

I am loving being out of school. I have been reading, buying some tea, and baking. Just really decompressing and enjoying the moments.
Just wanted to pop in and say hello
blessings and love,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 28 2018 :  2:25:27 PM  Show Profile
Hope everyone is having a great start of summer activities. Dreary and rainy here, though not the flooding like last week. Lost a chick to a coon Friday night. She didn't come back to the roost and the coon found her. It wasn't the one that sleeps in the tree all summer for the last five years. I've been getting a few egg customers lately, Duke gets all ruffled up and loud when someone pulls into the driveway.

Hapy Memorial Day ladies. Have some rhubarb tea and a sit in the rocker.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - May 28 2018 :  5:47:40 PM  Show Profile
Nora, Sorry about your hen. Those darn coons and things. Tammy, Decompressing sounds like a wonderful idea!

Had family here today. Getting some things done before turning in. Didn't sleep well last night. JT has poison ivy so I am keeping my distance. LOL

We had a great visit with the grandgirls in Ohio. Hate leaving them but what can you do??

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013
"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 29 2018 :  10:49:58 AM  Show Profile
Hello yall,
I just got done cleaning out some closets. I feel the need to declutter lol hubby's closet is tomorrow. We will see how that goes. lol It is finally a bit cooler here after a weekend of 100 degree days.

My grandson is coming on Saturday and will be spending a week here. He is three so I am sure he will keep me hopping. But I am looking forward to it.
I hope everyone had a great weekend and have a great rest of your day.
blessings and love,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - May 29 2018 :  10:56:57 AM  Show Profile
TL Tammy,
That sounds like so much fun! I would love to have any of my grands with me for a week!

I have been decluttering too. I started with my bedroom closet and then did my guest room and craft area. I have an upstairs closet I need to do this week. Feels so much better once it is done!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007
FGOTM~7/2013
"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 29 2018 :  11:53:40 AM  Show Profile

Hello My Porchies...

Teacher Tammy...Oh, My Goodness what a jump in Temps for you. That would be a killer jumping 40 degrees. We had a very pleasant Memorial Day Wknd with
the weather being in the high 70's to low 80's. PERFECT TEMPS FOR US!! ~ Lucky you getting to have that grandchild for a week. You will need two weeks
Vacation after he/she leaves. LOL And many cups of Tea just to revive yourself. LOL

Deinise...that has to be hard leaving the Grandkids. I'm so glad I have 2 of them here in the same town as me. And the two in Seattle I don't get to
see enough of. I almost feel like I have to do a crash coarse on their lives when I do get to see them...just to catch up. They are growing up to fast.

Nora...sorry about your chichen! I thought Coons just ate the eggs...little did I know! Rhubarb Tea...thought sounds good. I've never tried that before!
Thanks for sharing. Is that something your purchase or make yourself? Please let me know.

I spent the weekend doing stuff with my kiddos here. It was Elijah's 5th Birthday on the 27th. He is still getting over a cold and wasn't feeling super chipper.
But he loved all the Gifts from the Family. He will have his Kid Party on the 9th of June. I will be back in Spokane so I will miss that one...which is OK with
me. Usually I just help mom & dad with all the little kids but they will still have help.

Had my follow up on my Laser Surgery this morning...and he said everything looked good but he still wants me on the Eye drops. Bummer! Oh, well! Don't have to
go in for 6 months so, I'm glad about that.

Not much happening around here today. Just going to take it easy. I will need to start packing in a few days to head back to Spokane. My Oldest Son is going to
come help me for the Weekend of the 8th of June. Sending my middle son back home so he can get some needed stuff done here with his car. Things Larry has been
doing for him...and shouldn't have to.

I wish I could post pictures but can't. I guess I need to re-establish MY MJF Subscription so I get all the benefits. Anyway, I took the coolest picture of a heart-shaped
scar on a tree (maybe where a limb had broken off) and it had a plant growing out of it. So very cool.

Okay, I'm off to get something done. All I've accomplished so far is my eye appointment and ordering 4 pair of capri's...which I desperately need.

Enjoy your Day...Make it a Good One Girls! I'm leaving Cranberry Orange Scones and Carrot Cake Tea on The Porch for you all!

Love & Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 29 2018 :  6:29:01 PM  Show Profile
I was outside working this morning and I heard a weak crow. I looked around and all I saw was an Americana; then I heard it again and one of my Golden Laced Wyandotte was crowing his first couple of crows. So I guess all the chicks sold at Farmers Choice are not pullets. Oh well, I needed a rooster anyway and was going to buy one at the July 4th Yard Sale.

PEggy, you can buy rhubarb tea but I made it. Cook equal amounts of rhubarb in water with a little orange or lemon. Then strain it and add sweetner. You can mash strawberries also if you want that flavor. It's pretty good. I use stevia but sugar or honey would work.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - May 30 2018 :  09:25:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Life has been crazy and computer time has not been happening lately. I sure did miss my porch sisters though. I don't have much time so I'll try to get back on here again real soon and catch up with everyone. First I have a prayer request. Almost 3 weeks ago my best friends daughter was driving down the road. When she came over the hill our neighbor was on the road on his lawn mower. She hit him then ran into a tree. She has a lot of bruises and a broken toe (of all things) but he is still in a coma. They did a couple surgeries on his leg and I think his heart and have that all taken care of. He had bleeding in the back of his brain. I believe it has stopped. They took him off all the machines and medicine but he hasn't woken up yet. Please pray for him (Terry) and my friends daughter (Aimee).

Here's a few pictures of the good things happening around here:
My brother and sister in law had a baby girl Emily Olive:

My sister had a baby girl Janice Elanor:

Sorry so short but I need to go outside before it starts storming. I'll get back on and continue later or tomorrow :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 30 2018 :  09:47:32 AM  Show Profile

Nora..thanks for the info on the Rhubarb Tea. I will have to give it a try! Has anyone tried Fig Tea? It has been my favorite for the past 8 months.
It smells wonderful but doesn't disappoint when you taste it either! Just a cup of Pure Delight!!!

Heather...so glad to have you back on The Porch. And Oh My, what beautiful little nieces you have been blessed with!! I hope they are close by you so
that you can get a lot of Auntie time too! Babies just make Life Extra Sweet and Special.

Not much happening around here today. Starting to get geared up for the trip back to Spokane. I don't know if geared up quite says it all but I have to
get my mind in the right mode to go deal with all of that. Husband will be making a quick round trip to drop me off but I am sending Pat home with him.
So, I won't have to worry about him so much.

Cool overcast day here today. But the Birds are singing up a storm. I have my Porch Door open (Screen Door allowing the sound to filter in). It is so pretty
to hear them. They are busy feeding babies right now and like to dive bomb you if you get to close to their nests. LOL

OK, I plan to take my computer with me this time! So, hopefully at night I can stay in contact. I have Bible Study tomorrow night...the last one before summer
break. Then will leave on Friday for a very long 7 hour trip to Spokane. And probably in Spokane for about 3 weeks. Who knows for sure.

Have a Lovely Wednesday Girls!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 30 2018 :  10:20:00 AM  Show Profile
Oh what cute babies! That 2nd one made me giggle with her little fist in a ball and that scrunched up face, like she means business. Immediately I saw a Hallmark card with a fierce but funny saying ...something about "girl-power". hahahaha
We had a couple of 90 degree days so I stayed in and did as little as possible. Pulling the cool air out of the basement and sending it all the way upstairs to the 2nd floor and out the windows with all other windows closed, by using box fans worked very well as usual.Remember, we don't have A/C. Now we're back in the low to mid 80's and the windows are open again and all is well. It's very windy today. We're expecting rain and storms thru Friday. We need it. I'm already tired of watering flower pots daily. *giggle*
Don't know if it's the weather or what but my back has really been acting up. Aches constantly.
Well that's all for me. Thanks for the scones and tea Peg. Never heard of carrot cake tea. hmmm... I'll try anything once.
Have a great day Gals!
Prayers going up where needed!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 30 2018 :  3:57:10 PM  Show Profile
Heather, will keep your neighbors in my prayers. The baby girls are too cute. They will have so much fun growing up together.

We had a dreary day today. Every time I went out it started to rain. Come in and it would stop. But my peas are blooming, indian corn and beans are coming up.

Fig tea sounds interesting, how do you make it?

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7486 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7486 Posts

Posted - May 30 2018 :  8:32:57 PM  Show Profile
hi Peggy, How are your eyes doing? Sounds like you are doing ok. That is good and are as busy as always.
I saw some beautiful flowers on Facebook, roses, you took. Did they look brighter and prettier now that you had the surgery.
Well you have a good night and take care out there.
God bless you!
hugs and love
darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2018 :  07:43:50 AM  Show Profile
The computer's not letting me post today and I don't have time to retype everything. Just know I stopped by again LOL. One of these days we'll get to chat :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2018 :  12:27:23 PM  Show Profile
OK My Porchies...Heather isn't the only one who lost her post. I just did too! I'm in Spokane and was trying to take a minute
to communicate with you all but I will come back later or tomorrow!

Working My Rear Off...and can't wait to put this all behind me! It's going to be a long Summer!

Hugs and Smiles Across the Miles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2018 :  2:07:35 PM  Show Profile
hahahahahahahahaha...ok Peg, here I go again...I must be the only one who picks up on the (funny) things you say...
Working your 'rear' off... put this all 'behind' you...hahahahahaha...ok, I maybe need a nap... hahahahaha
We are getting some rain showers... sun... rain showers... sun, today. The next 5 days are suppose to be high 70's, 2 days of high 60's then 70's and low 80's. This IS June, right??? No complaints here! I'm loving it!!!
Make it a GREAT SonDay Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2018 :  2:14:43 PM  Show Profile

Judy...I knew you would catch it! I even laughed myself!

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2018 :  06:46:09 AM  Show Profile
We have big yellow ball in the sky this morning, anyone know what it is? So glad there is suppose to be no rain today. Can finally get the laundry done. We were running out of towels and I refuse to dry them in the summer. I love the feel of them after drying on the line.

Can't get rid of fleas on Duke, does anyone know of a way with out using poisons?

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2018 :  1:01:51 PM  Show Profile

I am still having problems posting. Don't know why?????????????

Nora...google Organic Flea Sprays for Home and Pet. Hope that will help you find something!

hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2018 :  3:55:51 PM  Show Profile
Nora, funny you should mention hanging towels out on line. I'm doing that today because we are suppose to have rain tomorrow alllll day until 4 PM.
My friend & neighbor has 7 cats and a dog in and out of the house, and she loves using Diatomaceous Earth on them. It's a powder. You can do the house with it too.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page