Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2019 :  2:56:02 PM  Show Profile
We went from single digets to 50's and 60's this coming week. If we don't all get sick, it willbe a great week. Planning to put the laundry on the line Monday. Love towels dried on the line.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2019 :  2:47:42 PM  Show Profile
Happy Sunday everyone,
I am happy to say after a week of below 0 and I mean really below zero, we were in the fifties today. I enjoyed it so much, especially since tomorrow is back to winter. Very cold again, although not like this last week. I am so over cold weather. We even canceled school a day due to the wind chill.

Peggy I will pray for your sweet hubby. God has a plan and that is all that matters.

I hope all are well. So nice to see so many faces.
well I have laundry to fold and things to do to prepare for week ahead with my little butterflies who this past week had their wings clipped severely. Let us hope this week they have a better week so their wings can grow. :)

Love and blessings,
TAmmy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Bluedog355
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Diana
Alstead New Hampshire
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  08:57:49 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, hope you are all having a good day. Peggy keeping your family in our thoughts & prayers, your poor hubby, sounds quite uncomfortable. Glad you are getting out to walk, good for the body & soul. Sunny here at the moment, and those couple warm days felt good - other than my daughter loves to nordic ski, and the warm is obviously bad news for good snow conditions.

As requested: Paco the blue headed pionus, Nathalie adorable grandaughter, Lily, Jake, Millie, Cowboy & Maurice masters of brush control and Wrangler the good dog :)

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #6578
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  11:36:21 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies,

Diana...thanks for sharing the pictures with us. Paco is sure a cute dog. I see a lot of personality coming through those doggie eyes. Your Grand-daughter is Adorable too
playing with her baby! Thank you for the good thoughts and prayers concerning my husband. He went to the Dr. yesterday and he is down to 194 lbs...Which seems like a good
weight for a man that is just 5ft 11 but...it isn't because he is slowly starving to death. His Dr. said that he wants him to start gaining weight and wants to see him again
2 weeks with a weight gain. I will be shocked out of my socks if that happens.

Teacher Tammy...I also really appreciate your prayers too. I am weary and a bit discouraged but I am sure I will feel better soon with all these prayers. God is good!!!
I really pray that you get a good deal on your property or that they ignore your little Farm and by-pass it completely. How is your Bible Study going this year and what
are you girls studying.

Hope you all have a Bright and Sunny Day In Your Hearts if NOT in your weather conditions.

Love, Hugs, and ....
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  12:30:06 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, maybe he needs to drink a supplement like boost if he doesn't already.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  1:10:59 PM  Show Profile
Diana, what great pics. Thanks for sharing. Well, Patsy is all excited ...she has 20/20 vision in both eyes again(uncloudy to boot). So we are rejoicing about that. We are rainy and gray today but still in the mid 50's, so NOT complaining. Almost all the snow is gone.
Peg, still keeping Yuns in my Prayers!
Tammy, you also. Don't want you getting the sticky fly-paper after those butterflies. Hahaha (picturing that)

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2019 :  10:39:31 AM  Show Profile
Cleo is dying. Duke who is scared to death of her, won't leave her side today.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2019 :  10:46:58 AM  Show Profile
Awwww.... I'm so sorry.....I just lost my pet yesterday. Pets have big hearts for each other.
They know! Cleo is a big, beautiful cat! How old?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2019 :  11:20:13 AM  Show Profile
She'll be 9 in April. She's lost mobility in her hind parts and bladder control. Cancer is a terrible thing even in animals. Im really gonna miss her. She sleeps on me at night.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2019 :  11:43:37 AM  Show Profile
Nora...what a priceless picture! Very sad for you guys, though! It is so hard on the Hearts!! You all are in my prayers!!! ~ Yes, my husband was just elevated to 3 protein
drinks a day. He had been trying to do 1 or 2 a day. So, you are right on. I have to keep asking him if he drank them...but so far so good!

Judy...did you lose your cat yesterday? Or one of your rats? I'm sorry for you too! I do not like losing our furbabies. It is like
the death of a child almost. But I do believe we will see them in Heaven also! Which is comforting!!

I finally got to see my babies and son for about an hour last night. Sadie's dad Wil was back in the Hospital...He keeps getting dehydrated and then spiking
fevers. They felt like may he got Septus but he had not. I think the fevers make him a bit delirious but where the cancer is in the brain now...that probably
isn't unusual. Both he and my husband are two of the most wonderful men on the planet. I just feel so awful for both of them. ~ anyway my little people have
not gotten to go back to school yet. They got Their MMR's shots but it takes two weeks after you get it before they are immune to what is already going around.
A few of the kids have come down with the Measles even after getting the shot...so Shane and Sadie are erroring on the side of caution and keeping them home
until next week. But next week we are supposed to have snow all week...so, they still may not get to go to school. My Son invited me out to dinner tonight and so
I am going to go enjoy my little family for the Evening. My Husband will be fine with Patrick here. Just seeing the grandkids last night for awhile was like
being given an IV full of Happy Juice for me. It was so theraputic. I had not seen them for 4 and 1/2 weeks. I saw my son a couple of times though.

Well, I'm off to Study...I took a break for 2 weeks from Teaching Bible Study. Mostly because of our weather...I don't want my Ladies out on Black Ice at night.
And one gal drives 40 miles one way to come in for Study. It is even more risky for her than most of us. It takes me 1/2 of driving myself to get to where we
have the study but most of the others are only 15 to 20 minutes away. But still, Black Ice has been the cause of some Major Accidents the last few days.

Have a Good Day Ladies...you are all covered in my prayers and love!

Hugs and Happy Dances,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2019 :  1:26:58 PM  Show Profile
Peg, we haven't replaced Rascal(cat)after he passed 2 years ago(May). It was my rat.
She acted like she had a stroke last week. Her personality changed completely and she couldn't
eat hard food, only baby food. Plus she couldn't drink out of water bottle, had to give her a small bowl. Then yesterday she couldn't walk straight, fell over a lot. I knew that was it for her... and only 1 yr 9 mos Old. They usually last about 3 yrs. In all my 47 years of having rats for pets, I've never had one act like that. So odd. Like losing a pet in regular circumstances isn't hard enough, but to suffer such odd behavior with her...*geesh* She didn't seem to hurt at all though. So glad for that.
Nora, my heart hurts for you, going thru this!!(((((BIG HUGS Girl)))))

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2019 :  09:27:43 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for all the pics, peoples! Love them all. So sad for all of you losing pets right now. My son is putting down his 16 year old Siberian Husky that is well loved and going to be missed sorely. They all leave an empty place in our hearts. They are talking of getting a shelter dog for their new "love" in the future..

Yes! I AM excited about how well my 2 surgeries went for cataract removal on both eyes! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Walking out of surgery and SEEING so well so fast is amazing. Just putting eye drops in my eyes everyday for a few weeks to help heal is all I do. I'm just so happy it all went so well and that it's over with! I asked if I would ever get cataracts again and was told no. The only thing people over 60 might have to consider is that there may be a "cloudiness" due to scar tissue after 2 years and it can be removed in office by laser and Medicare pays for it.. all but 20%, but hey it's all good to know.

Just had my sis in law from NC here for a couple days and we had fun shopping and eating out. She wants to retire this year and move close to me here somewhere and find a place to rent. Wait and see what will be... Wow, is it quiet around here now that she's gone.. lol

Love and hugs and prayers going up for you all...

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2019 :  09:37:06 AM  Show Profile
The pictures are wonderful everyone. Thanks for sharing. So sorry for the loss of those furbabies. They are parts of our family and it hurts when they have to go. Praying for you all.

Peggy,
prayers for your hubby to be able to gain weight.

Glad to hear Patsy surgery when well.

Not much going on here. After some beautiful weather the wicked wind from the west has brought cold temps again.
Making it hard for JT to do any work on one of our work vehicles. He has it in the garage but the wind blows right through.

Have stoked up the wood furnace and have the stove going in the family room trying to keep warm. The sun is shining but it is just a trick to get me out in the cold. Not happening.

Won't be long before we are changing our clocks.

Hope everyone who is having this cold weather is finding ways to keep warm and ward off cabin fever.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2019 :  10:12:25 AM  Show Profile
Can't wait to change the clocks back.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2019 :  01:41:04 AM  Show Profile
Good Sonday Morning My Porchies...

We got our first snow yesterday but only about 2 inches where we live. We are suppose to get more 3 days next week. Seattle where my oldest son lives is got
8-9 inches. They never get snow and if they do it is just a couple of inches. Even that shuts the entire City Down. Too Many hills ... and all the cars slide back
down on the ice. So, if they want to go out they just walk to where they are going. I ran to the store once I knew that snow was coming down at my youngest sons
house. I needed to get somethings like soda, pudding, chips, things we like to munch on a little bit. When I got in to the store, which was a nightmare there were
no shopping carts left. I had to go talk a lady out of hers who was sitting drinking a cup of coffee. She had one litte sack and her purse in the cart. She was
very nice when I told her that there wasn't a cart to be found that wasn't in use. LOL Then, every isle was like playing Buumper Cars. We just all kept trying to
dodge each other. LOL So Funny!!

More snow coming tomorrow and then about 3 other days/nights next week. WINTER IS HERE! Very Cold for our area too! Down to 19 above tonight.

Judy...sorry about your Rat! I don't like them but I know you love them!! So, sorry for your loss! You need to get another Kitty.

Patsy...happy to hear good news about your cataracts. I need mine removed but they won't do mine until I'm 73. What???? Crazy! But they told me that was
Medicares rules not theirs. But I know a gal who is 55 and just had them done. And another gal the same age as me and she just had both hers done. And
they are both on Medicare disability. Grrr!

Nora...I'm ready for the time change too girlfriend. Is your cat still with you or has she passed? So sorry!

Denise...I would be happy to give my husband some of my weight! LOL Thanks for everyone's prayers!!

Much Love,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2019 :  04:36:04 AM  Show Profile
The wind has ushered in the cold temperatures again. 17 now with snow/sleet ahead for tomorrow. I enjoyed the nicer 40s and 50s while we had them.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2019 :  08:37:31 AM  Show Profile
Happy Sonday from Snowy Nebraska,
It has been so cold and snowy. Woke up to fresh layer of snow and more is due tomorrow and into the week. Makes for a long week at school. The little butterflies need some fresh air without freezing their little noses off.

Peggy, I am not doing bible study on Tuesdays anymore. When I couldn't make it for while with Daddy passing etc, they just quit checking on me and the other day I saw one of them and said they had been doing a new study for some time. Kinda hurt to know that they didn't include me. But I joined an online study and we are doing a study on the first 30 Psalms. I have learned a lot. Guess God has a different place for me to be.

So nice to see how everyone is doing. Pray yall are keeping warm.
well off I go.
have a sweet Sonday
Love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2019 :  09:25:37 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, she was gone Friday morning, thank goodness, I didn't have to take her and have it done. I came back fr8m WW and buried her. Guess that was the only good thing about all the rain we've had. The ground was soft and easy to dig. I cried on and off for a day and started checking out cats for adoption last night.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2019 :  8:54:25 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies! I really haven't disappeared LOL, just been really busy. Today has been arctic cold, which is no change from what we've been having (sigh). I'm definitely ready for this stuff to go away. I'll have to take a picture of how much snow is on my deck so those of you in warmer climates can feel blessed lol They're predicting another 2 to 4 inches tomorrow (uggg!!!) Driving conditions have been horrible so I've had to put off getting groceries all week.

I had the weekend off. Yesterday we had to road trip to pick up a tote of oil. I finally got my new desk so I rearranged the living room and got that organized and my computer set up finally. I still need to figure out where to put all my other office supplies. Today I had to take Benny's truck to get groceries at Walmart (1 hour away) so I could get gas for him and then had to fill the service tank with diesel as well. I also worked on my VA course, working on the Trello training module.

Nora - sorry you lost your pet! It's heartbreaking when we lose those fuzzy critters. I hope you find a good match for you. We have a couple if you'd like to come to visit and pick one out LOL

Okay, it's later than I thought and I need to get some sleep before work tomorrow. Hope everybody has a great week!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Wolford, ND
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2019 :  09:46:22 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, male or female? How much snow do you have?

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2019 :  6:58:30 PM  Show Profile
Nora - we have a male and a female. The male is a gorgeous orange tabby. The female is gray and white. Snow - oh about 24" with more coming down lol

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Wolford, ND
Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2019 :  08:35:06 AM  Show Profile
Mornin', y'all! I just wanted to swing by the porch and say howdy. I don't think I've joined on this thread before, but who knows, I've slept since then. ;)

Today is supposed to hit the 70s here today and tomorrow, but we'll be back in the 40s next week. Still, not anything to complain about! I haven't been on the forum much. My laptop died last year, and I have no computer at home now, and it's too hard for me to navigate the forum on my phone so I have to wait until I'm back at work to type. Swiping drives me crazy. ha.

Hope you ladies are enjoying your Valentine's Day. We have no plans for today and honestly that's fine by me. We've had workers in our house for a solid month to repair our girls' bathroom and I don't know what it is about having people in your house, but it sure wears you out. They are done now, though, and now it's our turn to prime, caulk, and paint the rest. We have been sharing our shower with 2 teenagers for almost 8 months and I'm sooooo ready for them to be in their own bathroom again. Lol.

Have a great day and I'll see you back at the Porch later on!

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2019 :  09:52:30 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the porch Amanda, hurry back.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2019 :  6:34:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, Hubby took me out to Longhorn for steak & veggies yesterday. Then I went shopping at Bed Bath& Beyond while he sat at Books A Million and read and drank coffee. I got the usual card, hard candies and roses. It was a good Valentines Day!
Amanda, I liked your blog. Great pics of alllll the critter menagerie. That spider looked like a Wolf spider. Beautiful markings.(yes Peg, I like bugs & lizards & snakes too. Not just pet rats) I've been that way all my life... lover of the unusual. Lol Milo looks so much like our kitty, Rascal, that we lost 2 years ago. I really like ginger cats. Come back when you can and tell us a little about yourself.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2019 :  3:20:23 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies! It's been an interesting week to say the least. I'm currently home on worker's comp after spraining my ankle at work Tuesday - due to HIPPA I can't really say more than that. I'm off a week while it heals. They said 7 days no weight bearing but I'm walking a little bit on it because the crutches are killing me. I just can't walk on it much without it starting to throb and swell up.

Desi and I drove down and grabbed Jasper last night and brought him back up! I needed my lil dude to hang with me and keep grandma from getting bored lol This morning I made pancake bites (picture below) and flavored with mini chocolate chips, blueberries, cherry jam and grape jelly. They were yum! I nearly didn't get a picture taken because they were being eaten by a non-child so fast (I'll let him remain nameless lol). Bella came over and played with him for a couple hours. She had to leave for a birthday party and was in tears because she wanted to stay and play with Jasper. I made hot ham & cheese sandwiches, corn chips, apple slices with peanut butter for dipping, warm chocolate pudding and Shirley Temples for them for lunch. Jasper's napping now she's left (thankfully!).

Valentine's Day the kids met us at the local bar for supper. They were having lobster tail but after seeing the price tag I skipped it and went with steak instead. The picture of Benny and I are while we were at the bar. He had Desi do a gift basket and she did a good job putting face masks, essential oil mists candy and a gift card to Barnes & Noble in it. The picture of Jasper is him saying "cheese" while having his picture done LOL

We've continued to get more snow this week - UGGGGG Enough already! Benny wanted to go snowmobiling but it's really too cold and nobody wanted to go or they already had plans. I can't go. I don't know if I mentioned that his son, Dustin, dislocated his kneecap after falling off his snowmobile and is in a rigid leg brace while that heals. They thought it was a torn ACL initially so at least he won't need surgery as they thought. He's off until the middle of March. It's been somewhat of a joke about who was going to get injured next and how many of us could be laid up and the farm continues to function. We'll be in trouble if Benny or Desi are injured to say the least.

Okay, I need to get back to cleaning. I try not to get too frustrated with only being able to do things in short pockets of time and taking frequent breaks to put my foot up. Hope everybody has a great weekend! I plan on making chocolate chip pudding cookies tonight and I'll put some on the porch (no calories or carbs of course lol) with some hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Wolford, ND
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page