Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2019 :  09:45:13 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! Jumped on quick as we're heading out to go snowmobiling. I really am not into it but Benny insists it's our last chance probably for the year.

BFTammy - I was wondering how you were with all the flooding. Hope it goes down soon.

Hope everybody has a great weekend and the weather improves for ALL of us LOL.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
Owner: Virtual Services by Tammy
https://www.facebook.com/VirtualServicesbyTammy
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Wolford, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2019 :  11:45:40 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Nice quiet day so far around my house. My son left early and hubby and dog are still asleep. The dog was up once already but hubby not yet! I got up early today for me...
around 8:30. I'm not sure why as I didn't go to bed until 2:30

Prairie Tammy...Snowmobiling sounds cold!! Brrrrr! How is that going to work with your foot by the way? We are having temps in the high 60's and I am loving that. Went for a 4-mile walk yesterday with just my short sleeved T-Shirt and it was delightful. The day before it was the same temp. but even with a lightweight jacket, I was freezing due to the wind. So Strange!

Teacher Tammy...so sorry about the flooding. I swear half of the Country has had it so hard this year. Our half is during the Fire Season and the rest is either horrible snow storms or horrible flooding. There seems to be No Happy Medium.

Patsy...I was doing a short post (for me anyway! lol). My Friends story about being in jail had a lot of God Interventions involved but the sad thing is. I guess
her daughter called the police and that is why her mom had to go to jail and not her. Then the daughter pressed charges against her mom and put a restraining order
out against her mom...then felt bad and tried to have it removed but they wouldn't allow it and so the daughter and mom cannot see each other or even be in the same
store or restaurant with each other for 5 years! If the mom sees the daughter in any given situation, the move is to remove herself immediately from that place.
What a mess!! Very Sad it the whole scheme of things. Maybe the daughter will grow up mentally and emotionally in those 5 years, Lord willing!

Judy...I love sugar snap peas too. I love to just sit down and eat just them for a snack! Sooooo Good! How are you coming along with the Father Tim book? Which one
are you on? I just finished a Laura Childs Book...Broken Bone China. I love her books!! It was so cool because she had Plum Deluxe Tea Group in her Story. That is
the Tea Group I told you girlies, to check out. She also had Harney & Sons in the book too.

Nora...I love the Dog peaking around the Heater trying to keep an eye on the cat! Soooo C.U.T.E. Are they getting along any better??? They will probably be fast friends
eventually.

My youngest sons family went through the whole Measles quarantine and just got them back in school..then Elijah came down with Strep Throat, The Savannah got it and now
my son has it. We haven't even gotten to celebrate My Son's Birthday yet, which was on the 13th. So, hopefully, by tomorrow we will be able to get together. Crazy, how
everything caves in on you at the same time. Sadie's dad is still hanging on to LIFE, though he is now on Hospice care. It just goes to show that you aren't leaving
this World until God says your expiration date has come.

Have a Beautiful Wknd Girls. Do something FUN!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2019 :  12:15:10 PM  Show Profile
Unfortunately, the new cat is not adapting well. She isn't eating or using the litter box. My friends say that she has to make up her mind. If I hadn't taken her the SPCA would have put her down, but I still feel like a failure.
The chicks are growing and Duke still thinks they would taste good.
Had a few really warm days, thought about planting peas, but heaven done it yet. I did buy the seed.
Wreck it Ralph flocked me the other day. I got his tail with a stick and he's been backing off. So funny.. Next time he's supper.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2019 :  7:11:13 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Peggy: My mouth dropped open when I ready about them not being able to see each other for 5 years!! What in the world??

Nora: Sorry about your kitty cat. Hope she makes up her mind to live..

I sure would eat that Ralphie though.... chickens are funny though.. I was bending over petting one of my hens when another one flew up on my back.. crazy bird.. she likes me to hold her and pet her.. she's a hoot.. lol

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2019 :  07:49:02 AM  Show Profile
Good morning dear friends! Been a rough couple of weeks here! On the 5th, I started to get sick.... by the 7th I was in urgent care due to dehydration and passed out... They panicked and sent me by ambulance to the ER. I was severely dehydrated, which was causing my electrolytes and therefore heart to be out of whack... I was diagnosed with Influenza a. My older two girls were also seen in the ER that day for the same reason, though thankfully, they had just started being sick that day. By the 8th, all 10 of us had influenza a!!! Y'all there is nothing worse than being sick with the flu and having to take care of 9 other people with it as well, and take care of animals! Oh my goodness! Brad was sent home on Friday the 8th and was out all last week. Thankfully, other than lingering coughs and fatigue, we are finally doing better!

Last Wednesday, we were hit with a "blizzard". It was the weirdest thing ever... we have patches of ground that are completely bare and in other areas there are 5 foot snow drifts! So bizarre!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2019 :  09:36:39 AM  Show Profile
Wow, LOT'S going on here!!! Peg, I'm on the 5th book. Such a fun series. Thanks for recommending them.
L. Childs books are so good too. And so are Joanne Flukes. Anything with food and a mystery and I'm there. Hahaha I like to eat all green peas and beans and even corn raw. Yummy!
Nora, I agree with Patsy on that 'Angry Bird' of yours. He'd be 'Rotisserie-Ralph!!'
I was attacked as a very small girl by ours, and he was Sunday dinner soon after that. And I just found out that my 6 y.o. great-nephew was attacked by a rooster and now he's even afraid of the larger hens they have. Poor 'lil guy.
Shannon, so sorry to hear about all the illness in your home. But isn't that the way of it in a large family though...1 gets it, y'all get it! Praying you're all on the mend now!
We have mid 30's to low 40's with lots of sun lately. That's about right for our area this time of year. Not too much, too fast. I'm enjoying all the sun.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2019 :  12:19:56 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning my Porchies...

Oh, my goodness the wind is about to blow my chimes off the Porch They sound like beautiful noise on steroids! LOL Yesterday and today does feel like Spring,
so I am happy about that. Tried to get together with my kids all day yesterday! We finally met up about 5:30 and went to dinner at the Olive Garden. Which was
just delightful. Finally got to give Shane his Birthday Gifts!! Dinner was great for Patti and me but Shane and Sadie got Mushroom Stuffed Ravioli and they
kept spitting out hard little pieces of mushrooms. It was like the stems had been chopped up into the sauce and the stems were woody. They sent them back and
then the wait staff hurried them out some different ravioli (not mushroom) and they were undercooked. There are days you just can't win. So, they didn't have to
pay for their meal but nor did they really eat much more than breadsticks and dessert! I still have leftovers for today as I always eat just half of my dinner
and take the rest home. ~ I was teasing with Elijah and asked him if he could tell the time on my Apple watch because I had reset it to a regular clock face but
without all the numbers showing. He said, Yeah, let me see it closer. So, I moved my arm over and he hit the button and said, "Siri, what time is it?" Oh, my gosh
I laughed so hard I about had tears streaming down my face. He got me good on that one.

Judy...glad you like the Father Tim books. I read them all...then listened to them on Audio about a year later. Loved them both ways!! I haven't read any of her newer
books though! I like Joanne Fluke's books also. I love a good Mystery any day of the week. I'm listening to a good one now..."Death by Committee" by Alexis Morgan.
I have never read or listened to anything by her before...I like it a lot. Have any of you read any Carolyn Brown Mystery Books? They are about the relationships between
young Southern Women and older Southern Women. The Older Southern Women are usually a real hoot. But they have an occasional swear word in them...usually by the Sassy Older
Women. LOL And there is usually a bit of Romance involving the younger Southern Women with some hunky Rancher. I quite enjoy the banter between The Old Bells and The New Bells.

Shannon...I can not imagine 10 people in one Household all sick and at the same time. I thought it was bad enough when my family was all sick together (5 of us) and I had to get up and wait on the rest of them. But glad to hear that you are all doing better.

Patsy...I hope that IF this Mother/Daughter Fiasco goes to Trial or at least before a Judge that he will drop the 5 year no contact thing. That was the Craziest thing I have
heard in a very long time. But who knows! They both could have handled the entire situation differently if they just used their heads and not fought over the house keys. But in
the heat of the moment, calmer heads don't always prevail. My boys weren't a piece of cake to raise but I think they were easier than teenage girls.

Nora...Chickens and Roosters scare me. We lived on a small farm when I was really young and a Banti rooster started pecking at me...so I ran and jumped onto the rope swing...Standing up...and no matter how high I pumped that swing the rooster kept flying up pecking my legs. So, I screamed for my mom and she came and got me. To
this day...I do not like any kind of bird flying at me...even a little finch. LOL It freaks me out. It is amazing how something like that affects you for years.

OK my Lovelies...I'm off to see The Wizard! Okay, maybe just the Vet for my dog and The Dept of Licensing for car tags. Have a Great Day and enjoy!!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 18 2019 12:30:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2019 :  2:02:36 PM  Show Profile
Well Ralph has been making a wide birth to me lately, so he's not dinner yet. He keeps the ladies in line.
Pasley is beginning to find her place here. Jay had the flu this weekend. I think that's helped.
I am going to plant peas and onions this week. I'll probably be sorry but I can cover them it they come up and we have frost.
Duke's chicklets are growing and getting feathers. He want to go in the coop everytime we go out to see them. I've caught him going in the little door.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2019 :  2:17:32 PM  Show Profile
No Peggy, it's not, Blow my chimes... it's Ring my chimes.... don't you remember Flip Wilson?
He was always saying, "Well Ring My Chimes!" hahahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2019 :  2:32:46 PM  Show Profile
Judy...I haven't thought of that for years girl!!! I did love Flip Wilson! So, Ring My Chimes Girl!! Speaking of that, I just cleaned off my Porch and now the wind
is ringing my bell...as it is blowing all the pine needles and leaves back on here. Lordy...an hour of work blowing in the Wind!
And I got an allergy headache for nothing! LOL

Nora...I know it would be safe to plant here but I'm not sure in your neck of the woods. Like you said, you can always cover them. My Neighbors just put up a beautiful
wood fence that I can see right from my Porch. It looks real purdy! It would be nice if you could keep them from weathering to a dull gray.

My hubs is at another Dr. Appointment and I should be working on my Bible Study Lesson some more but I might need a litte Nap!

Love, Hugs, and Ring Those Chimes,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2019 :  07:53:27 AM  Show Profile
Good morning dear friends and Happy First Day of Spring! We had done some Spring cleaning this past weekend and I think I might continue that today. Just needing to feel like I have accomplished something!!!

Nora - so glad the kitty cat is finally starting to warm up! It amazes me how extreme some cat's personalities are! We have one cat that gave herself a UTI by refusing to use the litter box because we brought home kittens!!! She was petrified of them! Thankfully she finally got over it, but not before I turned my garden bathtub into her own private litter box. Sigh! I'm hoping when said kittens (now cats) go outside next month to be barn cats, that she will again use the litter box downstairs so I can have my bathtub back!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2019 :  09:34:11 AM  Show Profile
Oh Shannon, that's sad and funny all at the same time!
Thanks for sharing!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2019 :  10:11:51 AM  Show Profile
Lol Shannon. I have a gate up to keep Duke out of the cat box and food. Now that Paisley goes over the fence, the other three refuse. Paisley has decided to go outside and hide under the steps. She'll become one of them by winter. Cherokee has become my lap cat.
I am so glad spring is here.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2019 :  4:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Happy Spring all!

Never a dull minute here is there? lol We had a dog that thought the cat box had the best Tootsie Rolls.. dumb dog...

Spring cleaning continues here. Had it all caught up outside with tree limbs till we had 26 mph winds that last time.. Just picked up
the whole yard again.. about an acre.. sigh.. good exercise, right? Got to look at the bright side.. Now, I need a calm day to burn all
the wood I have collected in 3 different places since Thanksgiving last year..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2019 :  7:40:56 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies! Today it was 41'!!!!! I think spring might be trying to arrive although I'm sure mother nature will dump on us at least once before winter goes. Actually, I know spring has arrived - when I was at Walmarts on Sunday there was a lady in short-shorts, tank top and flip flops!!! She was probably in her early 40's too. I think the high was in the low 20's LOL

PeggyAnn - I didn't end up going Saturday and although the group started out for a ride they ended up turning around because several of the sleds were overheating and having issues. As for my ankle, my boots are tall and rigid, almost like my air cast, so it's totally supported. The snowmobile gear plus thermals underneath make it comfortable.

Desi bought more baby chicks. She bought 8 on Sunday and then picked up more Monday - not sure how many though. She's using Jasper's wading pool to house them in for now. Sunday night Benny was snowmobiling around the back of the farm and noticed one of the horses was down - he could tell she was gone. She was the oldest of the group at 28. They actually thought she was going to make it through the winter but the arctic cold freeze lasted too long for the poor girl. This was the horse that Bella started riding this summer so she was pretty upset. In all honesty, I really didn't see her show much interest in it. I felt Desi was pushing it for Bella to do something with her dad and share an interest. Now they feel so bad they're talking about getting another horse or pony for her. She'll show interest for a couple of days, maybe a couple of weeks, and then it will be ignored like everything else.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Wolford, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2019 :  3:04:42 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Today is cloudy and cool. One of those days that you could just sit by a fire, with a cuppa (of anything) and read a good book. But I have to do Bible Study Tonight!
My Passion is teaching so...I wouldn't miss that for the world or even a good book and a cuppa Tea/Coffee!

Shannon...sounds like everyone is getting some Spring Work done. My husband just told me how Great The Porch looks, which made me feel good! I had the door open but he
is always cold and shut it up. Bummer I was enjoying the Fresh Air. I have a feeling we will be continuing to fight the battle of him being cold and me Hot even through
summer. I have already been turning on the air conditioner in my bedroom when I go to sleep because it feels stuffy in there. LOL Speaking of Litter boxes...we have people here in our Complex that just throw their litter box tootsie rolls out in the grass and all around the garbage containers, it is like they can't hit the bullseye and they
don't care. LOL I hope you get your bathtub back soon girl! I would not want to share mine with the felines. LOL

Nora...I didn't know you had so many cats! The rest must be outdoor cats huh? It is nice that you have at least one lap cat. Is Duke a lap dog? My Scottie is not!! But he
is always laying down right between my hubby and I. He is so good about sharing his love and devotion. I had to take him to the Vet yesterday because he had 5 days of the runs and I was afraid I had given him Salmon Poisoning. I fed him some as he likes fish..but I didn't know you shouldn't feed dogs, Salmon. He didn't have poisoning, thank God.

Patsy...I am so glad that we have yard maintenance here. I just have a small patch that is mine that I can plant flowers or Veggies and that is perfect for me. I would hate
to have an acre that I needed to clean up all the time. I would probably leave it in it's Natural State and call it good.

Prairie Tammy ... That is sad about the Horse. How old does the average horse live to be? 28 sounds Old to me...but I don't really know. Well, I'm hoping your leg is healing well. How much longer do you have to wear your boot? They are probably missing you at work. But I hope you are enjoying your time off.

Okay My Porchies...hope it is starting to look and feel like Spring at your House. ENJOY!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2019 :  4:38:41 PM  Show Profile
Well, Peggy, I have 4 cats and they go in and out. They usually want to be on the same side of the door as me, but are off key. So opening the door is done a lot. Duke is very much a jealous lap dog. That's why he sleeps in his crate still. Nobody would sleep if he thought the cats could get to mommy.
I have several very friendly hens but they don't sit on my lap. They do follow me around the yard.
We had snow today--welcome spring. I planred onions yesterday.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2019 :  8:09:07 PM  Show Profile
Well, I just typed out a fairly long post and lost it so I will come back later as I'm too tired tonight to type it all again.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

strength.dignity
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jamie
WAUSAU WI
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2019 :  5:30:41 PM  Show Profile
Hello Lovely Ladies,

I just finished up reading all your posts from the last time I posted. You ladies have been busy. I hope with spring coming that all of the illness will come to an end. One of my favorite things about summer is that it seems no one gets sick anymore. The weather change just screws everyone up and they get sick.

Prairie Tammy- I love snowmobiling! I use to go when I was younger with my dad. I loved being out in the woods with the fresh air. Just being outside is wonderful. Hopefully you will be able to go next year.

Teacher Tammy- The flooding sounds horrible! I hope it does not get any worse for you or your family. I know there is a winery here in Wisconsin that is trying to get as many items as they can for the Nebraska farmers. They are filing a large trailer full of items and are asking people to follow along in cars packed with essentials. I know it will never be enough, but I hope it will help some farmers get a start on going back to normal.

Peggy- That is so sad about your friend. God works in such weird ways that we cannot always understand what he is doing. I hope after all of this her daughter and her are able to mend their relationship. I cannot even imagine what she has all gone and will go though.

I loved seeing all of the photos of the new chicks and kitty (even though the cat is 10). I am super excited to get 3 ducks this year. They should be arriving April 6th. I am nervous and excited all at the same time. After losing my first and only 2 ducks last year, I don’t want to lose them again. Over winter I took care of my parents 2 ducks. They are so much fun to watch! I will miss having them around when they move back with my parents.

Talking about my parents, one thing that I have to get use to is them moving an hour and a half away. I like having them only 20 minutes away. I knew that they were planning on retiring up north; however it wasn’t supposed to happen for another 5-6 years. They are planning on being all moved in by July. I know people do it all the time; I just really wanted my mom around when I become pregnant with our first child. Guess I will have to visit a lot on the weekends.

Last weekend Phil and I hosted a diaper party for our friends that are expecting twins. I cannot believe how many people showed up (50 people)! It is great for them! I am glad it was nice outside so some of the people could stand out by the fire.

We still have a bunch of snow on the ground, but I cannot wait to start planting! Phil gave me 3 apple trees and a weeping willow for Christmas. They will be shipping to me when the ground defrosts. Along with those trees, I ordered another apple tree and several plants to plant around the yard. I love my yard more and more each year! When we originally moved in I was not planning on staying long, but the more things I add to my yard the longer I want to stay. I also received all my seeds for planting in my garden today. I am so excited!

I am going to stop here, before I fill up an entire page. I hope to see you again porchies. Maybe next time we will be drinking lemonade in the sun on my front porch.

~ Jamie
Farmgirl #7695

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future." Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2019 :  09:36:23 AM  Show Profile
Guess who is visiting Grandma!

He's already been outside with Bella playing and came in hungry. Kid normally eats less than a bird but he put down 2 pieces of jelly toast and 2 halos already this morning. Met Jordon in Devil's Lake yesterday and got him. He was being a goober this morning when Desi came over. Auntie wanted a hug and he wouldn't give her a hug. Instead he grabbed his neck pillow and blanket and came over and curled up with me and smiled at her LOL

PeggyAnn - Horse age - I'm going to say 25 to 30 is average from what I've heard. My ankle is acting up a bit but isn't swollen (yet). So I have no idea when I'll be totally out of the boot.

Since PeggyAnn is on my FB page she saw my post about being frustrated Thursday. Walked outside to start the car to warm up to go to PT Thursday morning and had shooting pains up the lower leg from the ankle all the way around it. Lost some of the range of motion I'd gained with PT. PT therapist suggested I needed to see the specialist again so I have an appointment on April 3rd. By the time I got home from PT my foot had majorly swollen up all the way down to my toes. I don't have fat feet either. Desi looked at it and said "Holy sh*t". The swelling you see isn't my ankle bone, it's right in front of my ankle bone. I was ready to cry. Wore the boot all day yesterday and it was a little swollen. Guess I'm going to have to go back to elevating it routinely and icing again but how do I go back to work in 2 weeks if I still can't walk without problems? Oh, got my worker's comp approval notice - they've determined I'm temporarily totally disabled. That total disabled really irritates me because I can work in an administrative position but work won't put me in one so I'm totally disabled - temporarily.

Denise - try doing a control-Z the next time ... a lot of times it will bring back what disappeared - doesn't work every time but close.

Jamie - I rode my first snowmobile last year at the age of 52! I enjoy it but find it frustrating that the guys I ride with (that includes Benny) forget to think about there being beginners in the group and take trails that require skills I don't have yet.

I mentioned we got chicks - 18 total new babies.

Think I'm going to make tomato bisque soup with grilled cheese for lunch. Not sure yet on supper but I'll put a pot of the soup on the porch for you to enjoy if anybody wants some. Not sure if the little guy will eat the soup or not - he's just requested his third piece of toast lol

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Wolford, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2019 :  10:36:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, Happy Blessed SonDay!
We are having a pleasant, breezy 54 degrees today with clouds and a peek of sun occasionally.
That's good for us in this area. We had a little snow Friday night but it was gone by mid-morning
Saturday.
Thanks for the pics Gals. Love them, as usual.
Jamie, can't wait to see duck pics. We had 2 ducks when I was a kid. We had a Childs blow-up double-ring pool that mama kept filled for them. They would put their heads under the water and ~~zoom~~ around in a circle like a couple of torpedo's. It was so funny to watch. The pool(somehow)managed to get a pin-hole in it and the top ring kept going flat, and she couldn't find, and those silly ducks would *quackquackquack* so loud till mama would go out there and blow it back up and refill it. They were so spoiled. Hilarious! Then when she was planting or weeding they followed her to get the worms that she would toss to them.
ahhhhhh...the memories of home....
Tammy, I sure hope they get your foot mended soon! That's awful!
Well Gals, have a Great SonDay!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2019 :  2:00:53 PM  Show Profile
Hello, My Porchies...

Love it when so many are on the Porch and we all get to chat and share!

Judy...I love your duck story. I can just hear those funny ducks bugging your mama, to get out there
and fix their pool so they can keep swimming!! bahaha Too Funny! Quacks Me Up!

Prairie Tammy...That poor foot still looks really bad girl. Are you trying to not wear your boot?? I know that would be my very stupid idea when I was walking around the house. I wouldn't want to have to go around with that thing on. I think you should keep your leg elevated as often as you can and keep icing it.
I think your grandson just thrives on being with Grandma and Benny and doing The Farm Life. You are giving
him stability that he only get with you. I am so happy he has you guys in his life. And I bet he grows up loving his grandma and grandpa Benny more than anyone in his life. ~ Your advice to Denise on the Control Z is good advice but I know from experience you have to be quick doing it or you cannot recover it.

Jamie...good to see you back on The Porch Farmgirl. Oh, that is so sad that your folks are moving farther away from you...but praise God that it is only 1 1/2 hours away. It isn't as bad as clear across the country. I have grandkids that live 3 hours away and I don't get to see them as often as I would like but is better than when they lived in Michigan and I only got to see them once a year for a week. Now I get to
see them at least 3-4 times per year and sometimes more. I know it will be easier for you with your folks
only 1 1/2 hours away once you start having babies. But trust me...they will do what ever it takes to make that reality happen for all of you! Because that is just what us grandparent do. LOL

This past weekend I finally got to really spend time with my Grandkids on both Sat. and Sunday. On Sat. we did errands and shopping as a family. Then Sunday we went out to Breakfast, went to The Farmers Market, went To Barnes and Noble and just had lot of fun. It was a great day and the weather was perfect. I was out in my shirt sleeves all day. Bright sunshine and wonderful company, food and good farmers market buys.

Today it is rainy and cold. Crazy and Insane Weather. But you just have to take advantage of those good days and enjoy every moment in it you can.

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2019 :  4:59:26 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Judy: I remember those crazy ducks driving mom quackers! lol Her animals kept her moving didn't they? The best thing about ducks is duck eggs!
MMmmmm… lots of yolk!

Jason wanted to go get groceries Friday, so I did a grub run too. We had lunch at Hardees. Mushroom/swiss burger hit the spot.

Saturday Jason took me and the 2 grand girls to Goodwill for a shopping spree. Got some good deals on jeans for the girls. We went to a couple other places and then to DQ for Blizzards. Jason got a chocolate shake. The girls got oreo mint ones and I got a Georgia Mud Fudge one. yum.
Then we went home and Jason started the grill and we did chops on the grill. Was late when we ate and I was surprised I slept on that meat. Guess with the grease cooked out is easier on the tummy. It was a gorgeous, sunny day for all this. Was a good day..

Today, woke to rain and no sun at all BUT my peas are breaking through the ground! Happy, happy, happy! Got 3 eggs today...

Hugs & Prayers to all who want and need them...

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2019 :  2:14:51 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies,

Patsy...sounds like you had a lot of FUN! For those of us who don't know...Is Jason your son? Oh, I could so eat a Mushroom
Swiss Burger!! I have to have avocado on mine though! You got me salivating now...STOP THAT!! LOL

Went to Shane and Sadies to watch the kids tonight as they had a medical emergency with Sadie's Dad and stepmom. I haven't
shared any of this with ya'll but The Stepmom is trying to kill her husband off before the cancer does. It is horrific
all the Drama going on. Wil called all his sisters about 3 days ago and asked them to please help him because he is getting
no dignity of life at home. His wife ignores him all day and gives him extra drugs to keep him doped up so she doesn't have to deal with him. She has liquidated all their money and stolen money from her husband and stashed it at her mother's house.
So, the sisters got on their high horses, with some attitude and went and had it out with Wil's wife. Then the next day, Wil
tried to call 911 for help as he doesn't want to be around his wife or go back to the House. When his wife found out who he
was calling...she went and grabbed the phone away from him and sneered at him and said, "You, aren't going anywhere!" Then,
she had the phone service canceled. My son took the day off to go be with his wife today...and the 3 Auntie's at the Hospital with Wil. She doesn't know it but they are trying to set up a new will, new power of attorney and whatever else they can so
he can sign it while he is (Now lucid enough because the drugs she was giving him ~ are out of his system) and he has asked to be placed in a nursing care facility to finish out his life on his terms not hers. Oh, my goodness you guys this is like a really
bad B-Movie. This wife is just all about the $ not the husband. Please pray for My Sweet DIL, my son, and Wil's Sisters. Wil said that his wife could have all the $ she stole...as long as she leaves him to h*ll alone so he can die in peace. My sweet Sadie is have extreme Tremors (which she suffers with when overly stressed and tired). My Son is running on very little sleep as it is so crazy to get off of a 9+ work day and have to spend the next 6 hours at the Hospital trying to help his Wonderful Father In Law...be able to see his wishes carried out. While Wil's wife already has her $500.00 funeral attire, is having Wil cremated because it's cheaper but he wants to be buried, and she has the entire funeral planned out including the Picture Memorial, and she is then hopping on the first plane to Hawaii once his service is over. Who Does That??? Okay, that is just the CrAzInEsS of this week. I just ask YOU to pray! I've decided that Death can really get ugly and People can show their TRUE Colors like at no other time.

I have Bible Study tonight...and my Ladies will be praying too.

OK Chickies, hope your day has a whole lot less Drama in it and that your weather is BEAUTIFUL! As is ours!!

Love, Hugs, And Lots of Prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 28 2019 2:18:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2019 :  5:26:50 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
SHOCKED, Just SHOCKED! Who DOES that? People can be so mean to each other can't they? They do show their true colors as I found out when Jim died. Just to sad.. Love n Hugs n prayers for all of yuns….

Yes, Jason is my oldest son, then Jared and Justin. Jason is 15 minutes from me.

Edited by - craftbug on Mar 30 2019 5:28:37 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page