Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2019 :  6:29:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness Connie, those tomatoes look good enough to dive in to. Yummy

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2019 :  04:06:41 AM  Show Profile
Catching up again here on the porch.
Connie, 105!! I don't know how you can stand that. Thank goodness for a.c.

There has been talk at our house about moving. It is getting harder to live here with everything as expensive as it is. The property is a lot for us to take care of and JT is thinking of looking for work elsewhere and letting go of the business. Big decisions because we don't have too many ideas of where we want to be. Of course I want to stay near grandchildren! Not sure how long it will be before we actually make a decision and do anything but it's on the table right now and discussions are happening. Would love to find somewhere not to hot and not too cold but we are already there. LOL. Hawaii is the only state with near perfect weather but not on our list of possibles.
Make it a great day!!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2019 :  6:55:25 PM  Show Profile
Denise, sounds like you have a lot one your plate right now. Making a move is never an easy decision. Prayers for you all while you figure out what you need and want to do.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2019 :  1:26:31 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Lori. I'm not even sure what kind of time frame we are looking at for a move.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2019 :  2:04:17 PM  Show Profile
Lori...your bottles are so C.U.T.E. ~ They look very Farmgirl! In fact almost Texas Farmgirl!! Nice Job!!

Denise...Oh, I don't envy you having to move...I will keep you guys in my prayers that God will work everything
out and you will just follow as He directs your steps. Downsizing and starting Fresh can be a very good thing,
however. And Trust me...I know. I have had to do it 3 times and each time was a blessing. I know you don't
want to move too far from the Grandkids...I really get that. I hate that I am even 4 hours away from my Seattle
Grand-daughters. But I still see them about 4-6 times a year and even that is hard. What if you stayed where you
are and just moved into Apartments??? Let someone else do all the outdoor work for you. I love that at our age!

Connie...I still haven't made a BLT yet. But I'm going too. If I don't end up in Jail because my son is driving
me over the edge. At least I could lead a lot of lost souls to Jesus!

Okay Ladies, not much going on here. I finally went and got a haircut today. Shorter for summer!

Have a Great Day...stay Cool Miss Connie!!!

Love, Hugs, and JOY,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2019 :  3:35:28 PM  Show Profile
Denise, praying for moving decisions. This heat wears me out.
Lori,love your
Farm bottles!!
Peggs, with my damaged nerves I could not
Live under The same roof with my Grown child!
Pats, I love pockets on anything!!
Connie

Edited by - Killarney on Jul 16 2019 3:45:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  08:07:54 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for the prayers girls they are very much appreciated.

Peggy~ we won't be staying in this state as it is getting harder to afford to live here and own our own business.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  12:34:58 PM  Show Profile
Connie...I shouldn't be either but it was: took him in almost 3 yrs ago or watched him have to go live one the
Streets with all the other Homeless. I could not do that! I birthed this man and no matter how ornery he is..he
is mine. But it is at the cost of both my nerves, my Fibro, and my sanity.

Denise...so sorry you can't stay where you are but I do understand that. You have my continued prayers for God
to direct your steps.

Going to watch my Grandkids today at their house. That always is a boost to my Spirit.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 17 2019 1:27:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  7:44:47 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn and Connie, I'm glad you liked the bottles.
Looks like you all are trying to balance a lot right now. It must be the time of year for troubles. Prayers and farmgirl hugs to both of you

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2019 :  3:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Lori: Nice look for brown bottles. Got any pics of the little bottles or are they done yet?

Denise: Prayers for clear direction for all your decisions. I've moved 6 times in my life... so far..

My sis in law went home Tuesday. No luck anywhere. Told her she can visit anytime. She called today
to tell she's happy to be back home to NC and all unpacked, her car and her house! Can't believe she thought she was
going to find a place and move just like that! Sure is quiet around here since she left. lol

Thanking God for A/C for sure. We are having a heat wave. 90.94.93.90. I'm hiding inside. Doing garden stuff early in morning or near dark.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2019 :  6:45:35 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, I am almost finished with the little bottles. They take longer to do as I add layers to them. I made the little ones to look prim. It has been hot here, too. I'm sorting things out in the workshop now and go out before it gets too hot. I spend about 2 hours a day working in there. The totes and boxes are sorted out in the barn and the stalls cleaned. Now I have to decide where I want to put everything. LOL

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2019 :  2:11:43 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Yay! Heat wave broke! 80/65 for today and I hear thunder! Light rain is such a relief that the chickens stood out in it because it is a slow
soft rain. Humidity keeps me in but cloudy dark day is welcome. Thank you God for the break!

Stay cool gals. Good book reading weather.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2019 :  2:20:02 PM  Show Profile
Patsy...so glad you got a day of less heat and humidity. It is in the 90's here but hardly any humidity. But I have our
little Apartment nice and cool.

Judy...hope you are feeling better girl. I miss you on here.

Lori...isn't it funny how smaller items take more work than larger ones sometimes. We will patiently await you getting
them finished.

My Mother's heart is sad...as we had to kick out my middle son a couple days ago. So, he is now living on the Street. The
very thing I didn't want to happen to him. But he was getting so verbally abusive to me...my husband had just had enough.
So, we are praying a lot!!

More Later,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2019 :  2:40:47 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,
I have been missing for a bit. I start school in few weeks and so I am in teacher mode. How did it just seem school was out. I made a trip to Texas to sort out my dad's estate and spend a few days on vacation. It was so hot we didn't even go to the beach as they were so crowded and dirty. Saddened my heart but there will be other beach days.
This week we found out that they are making the highway by our house four lane expressway which involves the taking of our home. We are heartbroken. We never thought We would have to move. We have hired a lawyer to help us navigate this hot mess. We truly thought with flooding and so many roads in terrible shape they wouldn't do the expressway. I guess we were wrong. They could begin work north of us in six months. Prayers would be greatly appreciated

Peggy will pray for you and your family. So sorry about your son. My little bible study group on Tuesday is getting ready to study the book of Job by Lisa Harper. Should be interesting.

WELL THAT IS all I know. Time to get back to school things.
Love and hugs,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2019 :  4:13:08 PM  Show Profile
Hello all, I'm feeling better now. Except for a slight cough now and then, I feel lots better.
Patsy, so glad that heat broke for you. Our 90/93 stuff is gone too. I awoke to 65 n breezy.
Actually felt cold. NOT complaining! We had rain all night and thru-out the day. It's getting ready to start again. Not using fans today. Give them a rest. Thank You God!!!
I had a couple hour nap in my chair this afternoon and had to use a blanket. Felt good to catch up on some sleep.
Peggy, I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I too hoped it wouldn't come to that. God will watch over him!
I donate to a couple of shelters around here that help people like him. Is there someplace like that around there? I will keep you all in my Prayers!
Tammy Dear, that is SOOOO sad! You hear that kind of story all the time, but never anybody I know. NOW, it. Seems personal. I hate that (progress)... they call it... can do such things to us, AND it's acceptable.
Prayers going up for You and Hubby!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2019 :  4:57:02 PM  Show Profile
Peggs, Im so sorry. I'll be praying. It's a hard situation. But the abuse has to stop!!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2019 :  4:58:03 PM  Show Profile
Peggs. Joining you in prayer!!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2019 :  10:20:11 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Peggy: So sorry to hear about that. Prayers.

Tammy: It's bad enough to sort through your dad's stuff and now you have to move? wow! Just shocked. Prayers for sure dearie..

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2019 :  12:15:39 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...it is still morning here, really!!! LOL

God is so very good my beloved friends! Yesterday Larry had a Dr. Appt. and so he took me to Barnes and Noble. There I
found and Awesome Devotional called Praying through The Bible in a Year. I have read through it many many many times in
the yearly format but never prayed through it! It just spoke to my hurting heart at the moment (A God Thing for sure).
So, I bought it and started it yesterday. Today, I was in Genesis 3, Matthew 2 and the Psa. Three things God spoke to
me about. 1. was in Genesis where God asks Cain, "What are you so mad about? I am going to cause you to Wander the Earth
but nobody will hurt you." and Cain replies, "This is more than I can bear!" This could have been a conversation between
Pat and God...because Pat is Angry at everyone and everything and takes the blame for nothing himself. 2)Then In Matt.
God is appearing three times in dreams (in angel form) and telling Joseph to do this or that to protect God's Son,
and so prophesy can be fulfilled. Joseph does just what God has told him to do to protect The Christ Child. 3) God
spoke to my heart, "Peggy, are you being lead by your Dreams for your son or are you following My Dreams for your son??"
WOW...that was powerful! His Dreams have God's best interest in mind for Pat...and sometimes they seem tough but they
are for Pat's BEST! Mine are selfish...I want Pat comfortable and out of harms way. I prayed and turned Pat over to God, yet again;
for I know God loves him more than even I do. Tough Love on MY PART...but God will protect him...What more could I ask
of Papa, God? ~ Thank you Girls for your prayers. I'm still not sleeping well...even though Pat was sleeping in a motel
for a couple of nights thanks to his Older Brother from Seatle...tonight he will be back on the Street...and he is Mad!

Teacher Tammy...so sorry about your having to move...but I know God has something better in store for you guys. It is
just hard to see it as GOOD at the moment. I wish in some ways we could move...but that is not going to happen unless
God calls one of us home. LOL I can hardly believe you are preparing for School already. But I'm sure that will keep
your mind busy! Does your Bible Study Group start back up soon? The book of JOB will be a great Study. We still haven't
made a decision on what we will be studying in the Fall yet. But I have 3 good choices to pick from.

Connie...thank you for joining me in prayer! That means so much to me!! I am so Thankful for each of you Sweet Sisters!
I am keeping you in my prayers too! I hope your weather has cooled down too. We are overcast today with tempts in the
lower 70's...Refreshing!!!

Judy...Glad to have you back on The Porch and to hear that you are feeling a bit better. We miss your silliness girl! Thanks for your prayers too girlfriend!

Patsy...thanks for your prayers. If we didn't hold each other up, we would all fall down in the Pig Pen of Life
I am sure! As I have said before; "Life is Messy but God is Faithful to his children."

Okay, My Beloved Friends...enjoy your day and remember to be in The Word! It will not only lift your head and heart,
it will give you many more reasons to Praise His Holy Name.

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 23 2019 12:23:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2019 :  6:49:49 PM  Show Profile
Hello dear friends, Another day has passed. So much going on but I am so glad I shared with you all. After I wrote my troubles down it felt like a load was lifted off of my shoulders.
Peggy, I'm so sorry you have been going through so much. I've been praying for you. I love the paragraph you wrote about buying the book on praying through the Bible. I'm glad that is helping. Isn't it funny how God leads us to a source of help? What a blessing. I will continue to pray for you.
Judy, I'm glad you are feeling better now. Don't overdo and get sick again. A little R & R won't hurt you.
Tammy, I am so sorry you have to move. How horrible. It just doesn't seem fair that they can do this to you. Prayers for you on this.
The weather has cooled down some here this week. In fact, we turned our AC off tonight because it is cool enough in the house to go without it. I am so thankful for the cooler temps. Hard to get things done outside when it is in the 90's and 100's.
My hubby and I bought a swing to put outside so we can sit, swing, and watch our fur babies play. We just put it together tonight and have already enjoyed it.
Have a wonderful night ladies. God bless you all

Farmgirl 7774
Never miss a sunset

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2019 :  7:19:41 PM  Show Profile
Peggs,Papa God has this!He let you know at the bookstore!! Continued prayers for Pat!
So much cooler here today! Wind from the North! I went outside for the first time in weeks. And tonight another Moonflower opened up!
Lori,glad you feel better!
Judy, glad you feel better.
Tammy, prayers for your move, Im so sorry,I can imagine all the emotions yiur feeling right now. God has a new door for you to go thru.
Yay patsy for the break in your hot weather!
Connie

Edited by - Killarney on Jul 23 2019 7:24:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2019 :  7:27:02 PM  Show Profile
Peggs, we have a Christian union mission in Memphis for men only, on the street. They do a wonderful work for the Lord.They have helped so many get jobs and get saved. And back on their feet! anyone can come and shower and stay the nights. And have free meals.Is there anything like that where Pat is?
Connie

Edited by - Killarney on Jul 23 2019 7:29:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2019 :  3:25:44 PM  Show Profile
Connie...Yes, I am sure there is...but at the Moment his Pride is getting in his way! He wants the Family to take him
in but everyone is wise to his ways by now. He is going to have to come to his lowest point before he is ready to seek
help for himself. ~ I am doing good with him gone except at Night. I can't go to sleep because I wonder where he is
sleeping and if he is safe. But God keeps speaking to My Heart and I am ever grateful! Today I was reading in Gen. 5-7
and in Genesis 6:6 "The Lord was grieved that he had made man on the Earth, and his heart was filled with pain." As
I read this I thought "God you really do know the pain in my heart for my son because your heart was filled with pain over your children." Then in Psa. 3:4 "To the Lord I cry aloud and He answers me from His Holy Hill." He hears this
Mother's Cry for her Adult Child. And then Matt 3:7 "This is my Son, whom I love and With Him, I am well pleased." I
may not be well pleased with my son at the Moment but God does know my love for my son ~ because of his own Love for his
son ~ Jesus! So, far in 3 days of doing My Pray Through The Scriptures...God has spoken directly to my heart in regards
to my son and my heart. He is speaking exactly what I need to hear. He is Soooooooooo Faithful!!! And full of Loving~Kindness.

I LOVE YOUR MOON Flower!! Beautiful!!!

Lori...it is Wonderful how God leads us to the Resources we need at that very moment we are falling down in Spirit and it just speaks his personal Word to us. He indeed is a Personal and Intimate God!

Well, I'm getting tired I think I will go get a little nap.

Blessings, Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 24 2019 3:30:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2019 :  09:11:44 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Lori: Last night was the first time in a long time that I could turn the A/C off and open the windows. They stayed open all night and cooled
the house down to 71. 85 is high today and 90s next 3 days. I will be hiding inside and work outside at night.
My kids got me a swing when Jim died and I spent that first year crying in that swing. It was and is such a comfort.

Connie: Beautiful Moonflower pic!

Love and prayers to you all..

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2019 :  07:39:12 AM  Show Profile
Keeping you in prayer Peggy.
As for our move we are waiting on the Lord's direction for work and where.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page