Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2019 :  3:04:42 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Well, it appears my son went to stay with his Dad in Idaho for a while. Which is fine by me. Allows me to really relax
and enjoy solitude around here. I haven't done much in the way of cleaning up the Apartment...I have just been enjoying
some Crafting, Reading and Relaxing. My hubby and I both are basking in the Drama-Free Atmosphere. In fact the "Littles"
(youngest grands) are coming over tomorrow and we are looking forward to that. They are such delightfully funny children!!

This week our weather is mid 80's until the weekend...then we are supposed to get into the triple digits. Lord have
Mercy!!! We have had below-average heat this Summer...so, I guess I can't really complain.

Today I went to my favorite Antique Mall, while hubby was at the Dr. He paid me for putting together a floor lamp for
him the other day so, I had $30.00 to spend lol. I would have put the lamp together for free but hey...I'm no idiot
when money is offered I won't turn it down.

I'm working on a really pretty diamond painting right now. It is a Hummingbird getting nectar out of Morning Glories.
I am close to being finished with it! I have a friend who has done so much for me over the years...she is in my
Bible Study Group. So, I am thinking about giving it to her. She commented on how much she liked it last week at
Crafting Night. She and her husband are Snowbirds. They have a Condo here and a small place in Yuma! I'm thinking
that she will want this for her Yuma House.

God still continues to ask me to TRUST him FULLY with my Son, Pat. So, I'am doing that.

Has anyone read any good books this Summer so Far?? Judy are you still reading your Father Tim Books?
I am doing more listening to Audible Books than anything. I use to read 90% of the time and listen 10%...
now it is just the other way around. The first few books I listened to...I found myself so distracted
that I was always going back and trying to pick up what I last remembered hearing. LOL I'm Happy to say
my brain has finally reprogrammed itself!! And I never have to back track anymore.

Well, I don't know where all our Porchies are but come back and visit a while girlies!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2019 :  5:32:53 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn, I'm glad things have settled down for you some. Enjoy your solitude. You need it. I was reading in the book of Matthew today about trusting God with all of our problems. Believe me, it isn't always easy to trust. I have to work at it sometimes.
I would love to see a picture of the hummingbird when you are finished with it. I'm sure it is beautiful.

Tomorrow my husband and I set up for the 127 garage sales. Busy, busy. That's why I have been working in the barn and workshop so much the past couple of weeks. Sorting out things to get rid of. We have a pile of stuff to go. LOL.

I love to read and have been reading a book by David Baldacci. It is called The Forgotten. This is the first book of his that I have read and I love it. Very captivating. I also have had trouble with reading for 2 years because of the brain injury but am now able to read. I'm taking advantage of that. Reading was my favorite pastime before. Now that I can read again I'm going through books like crazy.

My hubby and I are thinking about taking a weekend road trip and going back to Amish country. We love going down there. We always stop at Lehman's Hardware. I love that place. I always find something interesting there.

The weather has been pretty nice here. In the 80's. I don't mind that. It's the 90's and above that I don't like.
Have a wonderful evening.

Farmgirl 7774
Never miss a sunset.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2019 :  7:27:40 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
Hope this finds you doing well. I begin school a week from Wednesday so I am knee deep getting things ready. Seems summer went so fast.
We had a second meeting with the state over them wanting our farm. Did not go well I am pretty sure it is going to get very messy. My hubby was sure I had my clipping scissors when they came. They got an earful. They will probably get more.
I have been reading in spare time. Currently reading The Lost Girls of Paris. Excellent historical fiction.
Well that is all I know I was afraid the posse was coming after me so I flew in

Love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2019 :  08:44:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, We sure are having nice weather here. Low to mid 80's with low humidity. No complaints from this Chicky! I've been reading... Sister Chicks, Grace Chapel Inn, and am currently reading The Potluck Club.
I like lighter reads for summer. I'm trying to clear some 'odd n end' books off the shelf. I read them, then give them to Patsy. I still have 4 books to go in my Father Tim series. Took a break from those.
Not much going on here... just enjoying Summer!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2019 :  12:33:53 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Lori: I just love Lehman's Hardware! When I visit Judy, we go there and you are right, never know what you'll find.

Just came in from weed eating. Good thing I have several batteries. I used one and am ready for a break and besides, sun came out and
ya, done til night. Like doing stuff at night better anyway.

Been watching a doe eating soybeans on the edge of the woods for about a week now. She just brought her 2 babies out the other day and they were small enough that they could go under her yet. So adorable to watch playing and nibbling plants. The last 2 nights I haven't seen them, but I saw 4 bucks with gorgeous racks. Love nature..

Tammy: I know what you mean about school starting. My grandkids start school tomorrow. Wish they would start after Labor Day, like we did as kids.

I was so proud of getting my first zucchini that I made bread out of it and shared it with my neighbor. Very tender and tasty. Made it out of oat flour and wheat flour.

I'm reading a Love Inspired book called Dr. Right..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2019 :  3:02:28 PM  Show Profile
Well, Well, Well,...it is Ever So Nice To See Some of our Regulars on The Porch!!!

Lori..It has been very peaceful at Our Place with our son gone. He is in Idaho with his Dad and both My
Older Son and Younger Son hope he stays there for a while...so, we all get a break from the Drama. My
Stepson and His Wife took all Pat's clothes and possessions to him last weekend. They live in Spokane and
Pat is just about 40 miles from them in Idaho. So, I have my Apartment back and it feels peaceful to have
it quiet and relaxing once again. The only one in the family still communicating with Pat is my husband
{he is the Step-dad}. Pat told my husband once again that he hopes I will get mental help...because I need
it. All I can do is laugh and leave Pat to God. For the first six months of this year I cried out to God
asking Him to help Pat find someplace else to go. I felt like it was too much for me after almost 3 years
of having him here. God answered my prayers but not in the way I had expected...but God is good and I am
Thankful for His Love and Care. ~ Lori, I love David Baldacci Books. I have read most of them myself. I am
an avid reader/listener on audible. You will have to let us know how your big Garage Sale went!

Teacher Tammy...I am so sorry that you have to sell your Farm...but I know God will have something even Better
for you...because that is just how He works! He is Amazingly Good to His Children. It doesn't seem possible
that you are back to School tomorrow. I think our kids go back right after Labor Day. Elijah is excited to go
back. He will be in first Grade this year. He does better in the classroom setting...than he does in The Home
School Setting. Sadie always has to fight with him to do his school work. He would rather do gaming than have
to do school work. Consequently, he is always having that taken away from him. ~ The Lost Girls of Paris is
a book I have thought of reading too or listening to also. I have been reading a lot of cozy Mysteries this Summer
as I have needed more fluff and less deep thinking in my Novels. LOL

Judy...so glad that you are enjoying your Summer. I am with everyone else...tired of the Heat but not yet ready for
Fall. Though we just got our Beach Retreat Scheduled for the first weekend in Oct. We are going to the Oregon Coast
as usual but to Depot Bay Instead of Lincoln City where we usually go. We got a bit more affordable Housing at Depos
Bay and we are right on the Beach. Lincoln City is only 20 minutes away so we will still be able to Shop the Outlet
Mall etc. I have never heard of the Potluck Club...I will have to check it out. I had to take breaks on the Father
Tim books too and read other books in between. Made it more enjoyable to me that way. Hope you continue to enjoy your
Summer.

Patsy...I would love to live out where I could see deer all the time and different varieties of birds etc. But truth
be told I am a City Girl through and through. My husband and I love taking long rides in the Country and stopping for
lunch at some little out of the way town. Zucchini Bread sounds divine. I haven't had any for a couple of years. I
find it hard to turn the oven on in The Summer Months. I got up this morning at 8 am and ran my Dishwasher and last night
I did laundry after it had cooled down for the night. I wish we had Amish Country around here. I have never gotten to
enjoy shopping in one of their towns.

Off to run errands with hubby! More Later Girls!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2019 :  6:27:19 PM  Show Profile
Hello Farmgirls, Our garage sale went great. We had people from all over the country and Canada stop. Loved talking to them. I finally ordered the M.J. Outpost book. Can't wait till it gets here to start looking through it. Found a pattern for a lovely scarf that I want to get started on and bought the yarn for that. Found some fall crafts to start working on for decorating with. I might make something for my sister in Alabama.

Tammy, I am so sorry you are still going through all of this with your farm and also getting ready for school to start. That's a lot to deal with. I don't understand how someone can just take your land away from you. It isn't right. I'll be thinking about you and praying for you.

Judy, there is nothing like a good book. I love reading while I am out sitting on the porch swing. Very relaxing. Mysteries are my favorite. Right now I am reading a James Patterson book. Love his books.

Patsy, we get a lot of deer out here, too. I had a fawn in the yard not too long ago and was in 3 feet of it. The mother must have had them in the meadow. I went out a month later and found where she had been bedded at. I found several spots where deer had been bedding. I love watching them in the early evening when they come out to drink from the pond and wonder around the neighbors field. They are beautiful.

PeggyAnn, The Forgotten was my first read from David Baldacci. I fell in love with that book and plan on reading more of his. I am currently reading James Patterson. I have read most of his books. I am big in mysteries. I'm glad that you have been having some time to relax and refresh your mind. You have had a lot on your plate for a long time. God does have a way of helping us when we need Him. I truly believe that. I've been keeping you in my prayers and praying that God will give you peace and help you through your trials.

Switching subjects, I have a new grandson. He is absolutely gorgeous. He was born 3 weeks early but doing great. He's a little trooper. His name is Landin Turner. Love the name and what a good baby. Grandchildren have a way of making your heart flutter. They are so precious.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2019 :  09:58:16 AM  Show Profile

Here is my Hummingbird Diamond Painting for anyone who wanted to see it. My Farmgirl Secret Sister
just sent me a Diamond Painting yesterday (which I was so excited about) I started it last night.
It reminds me of The Emerald City from the Wizard of OZ. Should go great with My Wizard of OZ
Diamond Painting I finished a couple of weeks ago.

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2019 :  06:47:59 AM  Show Profile
Hey everyone,
Popping in. Haven't felt much like socializing. Just hit 2 yrs my dad's been gone and it's a depressing time for me. Plus mom will be gone 7 yrs on the 19th. August isn't much to look forward to around here.

Lori~ Congratulations on your new grandbaby! They are such a joy. We have 7 now from 13 to 9 months. They are all so sweet each being their own unique selves. I feel truly blessed as I am sure you do too!

I guess everyone is gearing up for a new school year. My Ohio girlies start in a week. Jersey kiddos not till September, I think.

Peggy, your diamond paintings are beautiful. I have so many hobbies I don't dare start anything new. Lol!

I have been trying to get some reading done. Right now I am going through the Home to Heather Creek series. I do it while I'm getting my walking in.

Have a great day everyone.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Aug 08 2019 06:51:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2019 :  08:07:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message
Denise I am also in memorial eternal this month. My father is at peace going on 9 years now. He was a single parent and I am not ever going to get over it just through it and stronger with each memory. Counting blessings and living like he's watching helps!

Farmgirl#7588 Fishgirl Farm Chapter member.
Laughter makes the heart strong!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2019 :  8:20:19 PM  Show Profile
My Mama has been gone 5 years now... this past SonDay!
Hardly seems possible does it Peg?
Sending extra (((Hugs))) out to my other 'Orphan-Sisters.'
Love ya Porchies!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2019 :  12:19:09 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Denise: August for you is like May is for me. Jim was born, died and it was our anniversary in May. He has been gone 4 years now. Still hard to believe. My daddy has been gone 10 years. Miss them all..

PeggyAnn: Those diamond paintings are really pretty. I bake at night and it was only 80 the day I made the bread. Love my A/C. lol

Lori: Congrats on the new baby! Did you ever finish those small bottles you were working on?

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2019 :  8:06:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi farmgirl friends. What a busy time this summer has been. Where has the time gone? I thought things would slow down with age. Life is still good and God has blessed me in so many wonderful ways.

Patsy, I have finally finished the little bottles. Will take some pictures to get posted. The new grandson is growing so fast. His looks change every time I see him. What a bundle of love.

I have been working on a scarf for this winter. I'm crocheting it in the tweed yarn and it is turning out ok. I had to learn to crochet all over again but it is coming back. I love the pattern I am using. It's an easy pattern buy it looks a little more complicated than it is.

It seems like the evenings are getting cooler here. I am loving it as I like the cooler nights. We still have a lot of wood to get ready for winter but the pile is slowly growing. We heat with an outdoor furnace. It saves a lot of money and as my husband is in the tree business we get a lot of wood for free. We only have to put wood in it 2 - 3 times a day.

I found a pattern for a bubble rug that would be cute in my granddaughters bedroom. They share a room so it would be for both of them. I have a lot of scrap yarn to make it nice and colorful and bright. It is made out of pom-poms and will be easy to make. It would be an unusual gift and I think they will like it.

Not much else going on. Hope all of you farmgirls are doing great.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2019 :  4:32:33 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Lori: Would love to see pics of the outdoor furnace. Is it like a pellet burner? When my kids were young and we were on a farm, we had a double barrel wood burner that Jim put together. We also had trees available to burn. Talk about warm! Those floors stayed warm enough we could go barefoot! Miss those days. He even taught my riding horse to pull wood out of the ravine.
I love crochet. Yarn and thread. Hope your project turns out for you.

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2019 :  7:11:36 PM  Show Profile
Every time I want to crochet anything I have to learn all over again! For some reason crochet just doesn't stick in my brain. I can't follow patterns because my mind wanders when I crochet, so I'm pretty much limited to hats, scarfs, and recyclable swiffer pads.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2019 :  01:52:07 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Wonderful Porch Sisters...

I can hardly believe that Summer is almost over. I found out that our Schoolkids go back before Labor Day this year.
Oh my goodness...I can hardly believe it. That rarely happens here...but last All the Teachers were on Strike and
there were some snow days to make up.

I was going to go to the Fair with my Kids and grandkids on Friday but I came down with another Bladder Infection.
I had 3 last year, 2 the year before and one this year. The Urgency Care who always treats me suggested that I see
my regular Dr. and see if he will put me on a maintenance prescription of Cephalexin. I am all for that idea!!!

Judith...I am kind of the same way as you and Lori are with Crocheting. I am a visual learner...so if I watch somebody
I can make the item I am trying to learn but I can not read Crocheting Instructions. They never make sense to me. I am
better at Knitting...as I can read simple instructions. I have made a bazillion Prayer Shawls and Dishcloths. LOL
BUT since I started diamond painting...that is now the only craft I do. It is so relaxing and non-stressful and anyone
can do it! I just gave the Hummingbird Picture to one of my Bible Study Gals because she fell in Love with it!

Denise...I'm so sorry dear Sister that this is a hard month for you! That is how July was for me. The Death of a Parent
or child or sibling... is the hardest loss in the World. Prayers surrounding you dear heart! Thanks for your sweet
comments on my Diamond Paintings. You would love it but not if you have other Crafts you adore doing. I had gotten really
burned out on my other Crafts!

Patsy...do you do a lot of different yarn crafts? I think it is Fun to take on a Cause! Like for awhile, I knit Chemo Caps for both children and Adults. Some of my friends did socks for the homeless, along with scarves and mittens. It is always nice
to be able to help those in need.

Judy (and Patsy) it does not seem that long since your Sweet Mama died! Believe it or not...even I miss picking up the
phone and chatting with my Mom. When something happens I want to share it with her. We didn't have that warm-fuzzy type of
relationship but we still found a lot to talk about. And believe it or not...she could out-talk me on any given day! lol

Vicki...I can't even begin to understand how hard it would be when you lose a single parent! WOW!!! 9 years seems a long
time but it has been 15 since I lost my Dad and I still really miss him. I was a daddy's girl! Most of the gals on The
Porch know that I lost both of my siblings too! My Sister and I were BEST FRIENDS so that was really hard.

Our Country has just gone through a Great Deal of Loss Too...so let us Keep Every Family Member whose Heart has a Big
Gaping Wound in our prayers too.

Love, Hugs and Prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2019 :  11:27:52 AM  Show Profile
I lost my Dad last year; he was almost 104 and sharp as a tack til the very end; it makes me so sad that he's not there anymore. He lived so long we just thought he would last forever. Mom passed in 1997 ; 22 years ago and still when somethings happens, like the first daffodil blooming, I think "I have to call Mom ad tell her". Their deaths were not surprises -- Dad was old and Mom had been ill for a long time. We had time to prepare. Last December my stepdaughter's car broke down and she was killed by a truck while walking along the highway. Sudden deaths are so hard to deal with. I just refused to believe she was gone for a long time.

On a happier note; I went to a workshop last weekend and learned about Japanese Boro stitching. It is originally how the peasants in the 17th entry and onward mended their clothes and has turned into an interesting embroidery/textile art form. I am looking forward to playing with it today.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2019 :  2:17:12 PM  Show Profile
Judith...Oh, My Goodness...your daddy lived a very long time. How Wonderful is that. You were so blessed to have him so long!
Did he ever re-marry? I have found that most men don't want to live alone...but every once in awhile you find a man who is fine
with taking care of himself! I'm sorry that your mama passed so much earlier! But you are right...that desire to pick up the phone
and share even the simplest part of your day will always remain with you.

Would love to see some of your Japanese Boro Stitching when you get a project going or complete. That sounds so interesting!!

Have a Beautiful Day and Make the MOST of it!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2019 :  2:50:38 PM  Show Profile
Although he had several widows chasing after him (and one was a real pain in the a** to get rid of), Dad never did remarry. My brother was living with him after Mom passed but he died 15 years ago. Us remaining kids didn't want him living alone and talked my single granddaughter, who is a nurse, to move in with him but that didn't work out. He would rather live alone. My sister who lived about 20 miles away did most of the necessary care taking the last year. He drove until he was 103 so did his own shopping and dr. appointments. We always had the holidays at his house and he loved those. The house was sold; no more big get togethers so there is little chance I will see my sisters, nieces, and great nephews again as they don't live close.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2019 :  3:29:17 PM  Show Profile
Judith,
My dad was 92. He had only lived with us 4 years. I know he lived a long time but it was still a surprise when it happened. Unexpected I guess is a better word. I thought I would have him with me longer is all.

Today was better, Sunday was bad. I had a really bad anxiety attack. It has been a really long time since I had had one. Added to the depression it just was a bad mix.

Fortunately my daughter and husband are very understanding and have been a huge help. I don't know how I'd get through things without the two of them. Taking a sabbatical of sorts from Facebook.

Today I did some crocheting which I haven't had done in ages. Enjoyed making some things again.

I'm just seeing the importance of guarding ourselves from things that's for sure.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2019 :  4:21:55 PM  Show Profile
Hang in there Denise. Blessings on your daughter for helping. Keep crocheting and other creative activities. When I'm down in the dumps it always helps to go out and get my hands dirty in the garden. Our Earth an be very healing -- gardening got me through my Mother passing.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2019 :  5:03:02 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Peggy: My yarn is mostly used for afghans. I made stuffed toys once. I like gifting my work. Jim always wanted me to set up a web page
and sell my work.. but I never did. Crochet is quick, satisfying work and knitting takes more time. Jim's mom taught me the basics of
crochet, then I went out and bought a Learn How To Crochet, Knit, Tat and Embroider book that I still have. That's when I taught myself to knit and Tat. My grandmother taught me basic cross stitch on a dresser scarf which I ruined later when I spilled fingernail polish on it. I was sick.
I love crocheting dishcloths from thread. Makes a great craft on a long trip in the car. My people love using them, they last longer than store
bought.

Judith: I too would love to see some Japanese Boro Stitching. Sounds interesting.

Denise: I know what you mean about Facebook, to much drama. lol What you crocheting?

Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2019 :  7:55:35 PM  Show Profile
Hello to my farmgirl friends, It's always hard to lose a parent. My dad died five years ago and my mom two years ago. Every time I drive by their old place I always think about coffee. There was never a time that the coffee pot wasn't on. Believe it or not, that is one of my biggest memories of that house. I can still see the coffee pot sitting on the counter. Just an old, cheap coffee pot. Always full of the best smelling coffee in the world. It always tasted like it was fresh made. Sweet memories.

Feels like a hint of fall in the air in the evening hours. I am just itching to get my fall decorating things out and go to town. I just love decorating for the holidays. What fun!!!

My son and his boys are coming out this weekend to visit and help me out around here with some things that need to be done. It's always so good to see them. My grandchildren are growing up so fast. Sometimes I would love to just stop time and let them stay just the way they are for a while. I'm sure we all feel that way once in a while.

Take care all of you girls.
Farmgirl 7774
Never miss a sunset

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2019 :  04:20:03 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much Judith. When I'm crocheting I don't have to put too much thought into it usually but I found some different patterns to try so it takes a bit of focus to start.

Pasty, I am working on some things for one of the swaps.

Lori, I know what you mean about fall decorating. We have a couple small house projects and then I will start mine.

My daughter sent a photo of our baby yesterday and a short video. He was pulling himself up to a chair. Made me want to cry the time goes so fast. I saw him in June but won't see him again until October. He will be a year old then. We've seen him 4 times since he was born. Two of those times I was there staying for a week but it seems we never see them enough. I have my 3 eldest grandchildren 10 minutes away. Time flies when it comes to little ones. I do a lot with my oldest granddaughter.
Supposed to get rain and thunderstorms here today. We've had quite a bit of that this spring and summer. I guess we need it though.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2019 :  2:23:19 PM  Show Profile
Lost my entire post trying to download a photo.

Grrr!!!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page