Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2019 :  7:56:40 PM  Show Profile
Shannon...Snow???? Oh, dear me friend I don't even want to hear that word! LOL We are suppose to get our first snow on the top of Mt. Hood but it isn't
really suppose to stick...yet anyway! We are having cooler weather and it feels rather good. I can still go outside in my capris and T-Shirt. So, it's still good.
I have really been cleaning my house like I haven't been able to in 3 years. It feels so good to get the junk cleaned out. I have gone through my Bathroom, my Kitchen and my Living Room. Now all I have left to do is my bedroom and I'm about ready to just throw a bomb in there and call it good! LOL

Then later I need to go clean out my storage shed. I'm not sure what all my son has crammed in there. So, I'm kind of afraid to even poke my head in there.
LOL

Patsy...you will be so happy once you get your Pressure Washing All Done!! They just came and cleaned the moss of our buildings and then I had to go
out and sweep up all the moss off the sidewalk (just our walks). The guys they hire here are not always good at cleaning up after themselves. One guy the other day was sawing wood on a sawhorse right by my car. So, when he was done and got ready to leave I asked him to clean the sawdust off of my car. He was very polite, apologized and did wipe it off. But he left all the sawdust on the sidewalk from his wood cutting. I would have to walk through it to get
to my car and so I went out and swept that mess up too as I didn't want to drag it into my car on my shoes.

So, what is your FAVORITE thing about Fall??? For me it is all the luscious color. The changing of the Trees, and all the leaves! Crisp weather, hot chocolate, Sweaters, Long walks, etc!!! Such a Beautiful Time of Year!

Have a Great Week Ladies!! Have any of you made it to see Downton Abbey in the Theater? I hope to go tomorrow.

Love, Hugs and Pumpkins,
Peggy.

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 24 2019 7:58:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2019 :  09:10:05 AM  Show Profile
I'm glad you all enjoyed the pictures :) The cows and cats always make me smile too. It's cooler here too and I love it! 90's in September is just weird, but that's the way this entire year has been. There isn't even anything ready for harvest yet and it should have been underway a month ago.

Judy - I never thought of puzzles but I agree - that would be a cute one!

Shannon - prayers all goes well for your hubby's surgery and recovery.

Peggy - I love so many things about fall - mostly not sweating so much while working LOL! But I love pumpkin spice, soups/stews in the crock pot, the colors, knowing Christmas is on it's way... But, and this is probably going to sound silly, my favorite thing is when it's cool enough to wear my boots instead of flip flops. I absolutely LOVE all my boots.

I need to get lunch out to hubby - he's mowing down the pastures since the cows were staying under the fans instead of eating out in the hot sun - can't say I blame them! Hopefully we'll get some rain soon to get some more growth before fall really sets in.

Apparently parsley makes a good pillow

Double trouble!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4899 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4899 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2019 :  09:14:57 AM  Show Profile
Awww love the pics Heather! It's 95 here all week after today! Crazy!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2019 :  11:12:08 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Ditto! You said it all Peggy.. Fall is my favorite color!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2019 :  2:05:54 PM  Show Profile
Heather...I had to save the picture of Double Trouble (LOL) mostly because of Loving All Things Hearts and that little one has that
Beautiful Heart on the forehead. So Cute! And I'm with you on the wearing boots! I Love them too. They are so much fun!!

It is back up in the 70's today. And nice and Sunny! Our temps are suppose to go to high 60's and night temps in the 40's in the
later part of the week.

Patsy...I loved your statement "Fall is My Favorite Color" that sums it up real nicely! I love when someone can state the obvious in less words than my paragraphs!

Connie...I hate to sweat in the FALL! LOL You and Jami contend with that a lot In the States you live in. I don't mind the heat in the Summer but I do mind Humidity. I hate it infact...so, I love where I live. We never get extremely high humidity. If it gets to 40% humidity then we start whining here!!! LOL

Well, non of my girlfriends wanted to go see Downton Abbey when I did...so my sweet hubby volunteered to go with me today! Awe...so Sweet huh??? Extroverts like me...don't want to do anything alone! But in this case I would have gone by myself. My husband hates
shows with True English Accents and will never watch anything on The BBC. So, I'm Cheating and not telling him what Downton Abbey is! If all else...he can take a nap and I will be happy that he is right next to me! Unless he snores!!

Gotta go put my face on...for the Show. I can't even remember the last Movie I saw in a Theater. I'm getting popcorn and candy for sure!!

Have a Great Day My Girlies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 25 2019 2:09:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2019 :  09:05:39 AM  Show Profile
Morning gals! Truly enjoying alllll the chit-chat!... and picks Heather!! I was gonna comment about the heart on the cow too Peg. I knew you would(IF you saw, it that is) lol Also... another gorgeous puzzle op there.
Good to hear that some of you are having cooler temps.... finally. It's hard to believe that Heather and I are in the same state(mostly confusion) hahaha, and our temps are so different.
Peg, I laughed out loud, almost choking on my coffee, when you said you were just going to throw a bomb in that shed. Dunno why it hit me funny, but it did! Hahaha you mentioned putting on your face to go out and I thought to myself, "Ya, when did that happen?" I use to just be wash n go... now it's.... Oh wow, you look like a ghost... with blotches. And what's with the hair? Most mornings I look like an Ooom-pa-loom-pa! Or Cindy Lou Whoo! Hahaha This morning I caught a glimpse of 'The Great and Powerful OZ!' It's not the hair I remember anymore... it's CRAZY! Getting old ain't for Sissies is it?/! Man!!!
I envy Patsy's Hummers. We hardly see any around here, maybe one a year. We feed regular beds all year round, but Hummers?...a no show.
We had a couple in the early 90's when I moved here. But they've long since retired, probably in some Hummer retirement village in the tropics, doing what else?... Hummer practice... quartets, ensembles, some solos.... you get the picture!
Ok Gals, Make It A GREAT Day!!!
P.S. I like Fall because I can cook more, wear clothes with lots of layers, and breathe the cooler air easier(although, like I've said, it's not been hot here for quite awhile... Thank You God)* giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2019 :  12:23:53 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Oh my goodness Judy! I HAD to go back up and look at that cow.. lolol

Heather: Before I saw what you tagged your pic with I said out loud " Double Trouble".. what a hoot! Toooo funny...

Peggy: Introvert is the word you want. I asked Alexa.. lol

Well, had to go get a bucket of water from my near neighbor who told me I could. They are so sweet to me. My water is cloudy from running my well
dry from pressure washing yesterday. Guess I have to let it settle, but at least I can flush toilet with my water and use other for dishes and washing up til my water clears. Ugh..

Oh and we are back in the 90s the rest of the week too.. SUCH weather! At least it goes around 60 at night! Last night was to humid and I couldn't open
my windows.. sigh.. and God says "Complain, Complain.." lol

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2019 :  6:09:35 PM  Show Profile

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2019 :  6:13:35 PM  Show Profile

My beautiful little Trixie Lyn

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2019 :  6:16:49 PM  Show Profile
I finally managed to get some pictures to show up. The pictures I posted are of my new Shih Tzu. She is so beautiful and I just adore her. She has the cutest personality. She is the perfect remedy for a broken heart.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

NatChap
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Natalie
Clarkesville GA
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2019 :  7:28:33 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by loribeck

I finally managed to get some pictures to show up. The pictures I posted are of my new Shih Tzu. She is so beautiful and I just adore her. She has the cutest personality. She is the perfect remedy for a broken heart.

Lori Beck

What sweetness in those round eyes of your precious fur-baby, Trixie Lyn! Dogs can heal your heart so effortlessly. Congratulations on your new friend!

Keep shining!
Natalie

"Ask what makes you come alive and go do it." ~Howard Thurman
Go to Top of Page

NatChap
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Natalie
Clarkesville GA
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2019 :  7:42:44 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by nndairy

I'm glad you all enjoyed the pictures :) The cows and cats always make me smile too. It's cooler here too and I love it! 90's in September is just weird, but that's the way this entire year has been. There isn't even anything ready for harvest yet and it should have been underway a month ago.

Judy - I never thought of puzzles but I agree - that would be a cute one!

Shannon - prayers all goes well for your hubby's surgery and recovery.

Peggy - I love so many things about fall - mostly not sweating so much while working LOL! But I love pumpkin spice, soups/stews in the crock pot, the colors, knowing Christmas is on it's way... But, and this is probably going to sound silly, my favorite thing is when it's cool enough to wear my boots instead of flip flops. I absolutely LOVE all my boots.

I need to get lunch out to hubby - he's mowing down the pastures since the cows were staying under the fans instead of eating out in the hot sun - can't say I blame them! Hopefully we'll get some rain soon to get some more growth before fall really sets in.

Apparently parsley makes a good pillow

Double trouble!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Love the cat and cow pictures! It is very, very hot here in the high 90's. Just because the calendar says it's Fall doesn't mean the temps adjust just yet.

Keep shining!
Natalie

"Ask what makes you come alive and go do it." ~Howard Thurman
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2019 :  3:11:06 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Lori: Aaaaawwwwww!! Soooo cuuuuuute! You can see she has good character in her eyes.. So sweeeet..

Ya. 90s here too Natalie... It's August all over again....

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2019 :  01:10:50 AM  Show Profile
Natalie...so Happy to have you on the Porch!!!

Lori...what a Sweetheart Trixie is! Love her coloring! She is just cute as a button. You will love her. They do have sweet personalities My little
Bella use to stand up on her back legs, put her front paws together and she looked like she was praying!! She would do that when she got
really excited about something. Also, when I took her out side...if she didn't think I was walking fast enough...she would run back and put
the leash in her mouth and start pulling me faster. LOL She absolutely hated long walks too. She didn't mind a short one (just a few blocks)
but when I started doing several miles...she would sit down in the middle of the Road and refuse to budge. So, several times I ended up
carrying my 18 lb dog all the way back home. Also, you've probably heard the statement, "Let a Sleeping Dog Lie"? Well, one day she was asleep
on the floor right by my feet and I reached down to gently pet her....and she jumped up snarling and bit my arm. That is the only time I ever
remember getting mad at her...and it was just because she attacked me. I still have the teeth marks in my arm to this day. She also hated to
be kenneled for any reason.And she knew how to escape the Kennel every time. One time I locked her in my bedroom while my husband and
I went grocery shopping and when we came home she had chewed a big hole in the carpet clear to the sub flooring. She was the cutest
and Fiestiest Dog I had ever owned. She was also not a dog that liked to share her people either. Once our Older dog died she did not want to
share us with any other dog. She got overly protective of us. I have had other friends that had the same breed dog and they had non of the
issues I had with Bella. She was one of a kind!

Patsy...Okay, I'm I know I have Fibromyalgia Fog a lot of the time...But I did not get the Introvert comment. Please explain! LOL

Well, time for bed! Hope to be with my kids tomorrow. I missed them like crazy while they were at Disneyland for 9 days!!

Have a Lovely Weekend Ladies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2019 :  11:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
PeggyAnn: LOL. You said "Extroverts like me...don't want to do anything alone!" Just teasing ya.

Hiding with my AC today and so glad I have it!!

Have a good Sonday folks..

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2019 :  11:29:13 AM  Show Profile
Happy Blessed SonDay Sissy! Happy Blessed SonDay Gals!
Lori, what an adorable puppy! Expressive eyes for sure.
We had rain past 2 nights. yaaaa! 71 today n cloudy.
Might rain again later.
I saw baby chippy's scurrying around today. Wow, those
little guys better grow up and fatten up fast or they'll
freeze to death this winter.
Make it a Great day Gals!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

strength.dignity
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jamie
WAUSAU WI
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2019 :  06:41:32 AM  Show Profile
Hello Gals,
It has been a long time since I have been on the porch. Summer time just flies by when you are having fun and doing projects. I read everything since my last post and you ladies have been busy. I enjoyed seeing all the photos of animals, they definitely make a day brighter.

This is all I can write for now, I am off to work. (Suppose to leave 5 minutes ago.)

Until we see each other again.

~ Jamie
Farmgirl #7695

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future." Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2019 :  09:56:43 AM  Show Profile
Only have a minute - plus it's way too hot on the porch today. 90's in October is just nuts!!!! I think I'd prefer the snow!

Lori - what a cutie!!

Judy - how far are you from Berlin?

I tried to upload some pictures but the computer's being ornery so I'll have to try again later.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2019 :  12:38:02 AM  Show Profile
Just on here for a quick few, My Porchies!!

Spent all day with my hubby at the Hospital while they dilated his esophagus (again for about the 15th time).

Last time he had it done was last March and the new medication he is on...seems to be really helping. The Dr.
said that it looked better than he has seen it for a very long time. Which is Awesome!! We were so happy.

Then after getting up early and being at the Hospital All day...we both had to take a nap at 6 pm. LOL

This Thursday My Bible Study Group heads to The Oregon Coast for 4 days and 3 nights. I am so excited!! Can hardly
wait! I'm a little concerned about hubby being here by himself...because for the last 3 years Pat was here to keep an
eye on him. I will have my youngest son drop by and check on him once or twice. Just to make sure...his dad is OK!
Plus I call him every night and see how he is doing.

Pray for our safe travels to The Beach and Back and dry weather for us!!

Big Hugs Ya'All,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2019 :  12:07:51 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I wondered if you had a beach trip planned this year. I was concerned about Larry being alone too.
Heather, we are a little over an hour away.
We had soft rain all night last night. We may get more this evening. Humidity is 61% right now.
Tomorrow is suppose to have a high of 61. WHAT!!! Only in Ohio can temps jump up and down like that. Hahaha
Going to stay in the 60's for over a week. Yaaaaa! Good Fall weather.
Make it a Great day Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2019 :  4:35:47 PM  Show Profile
LoriBeck... Trixie is just AdOrBs!!!!
what's not to love about a Shih Tzu...or should what's not to love about a spoiled fur baby... lol!
Our Ginger is a daddy's girl,, I come in 2nd place when daddy isn't around... lol!
Enjoy your baby.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Oct 03 2019 4:36:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2019 :  6:42:38 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much for your comments on my new little furbaby. I am so much in love with her already. I loved reading the comments on all of your dogs too. This is a feisty one for sure. She is a mommy's girl, too. The groomer even lets me stay with her when she is getting worked on. She didn't do much the last time because it was Trixie's first time. I bathed her before I took her in to make it easier too.
Peggy, I hope the beach trip is a good one for you and that your husband does ok while you are gone. I understand about worrying because I am the same way about my husband.
It has cooled off here dramatically. One day it's in the high 80's and the next day it's in the 60's. Fall is defiantly here.

Farmgirl 7774

Never miss a sunset

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2019 :  6:50:27 PM  Show Profile
Washed my windows today. It was such a beautiful day out today I just had to get that chore out of the way. I always feel good getting once I get that job done. Of course, we get dog nose art on the inside windows so they had to be done, too. I just can't seem to let these gorgeous days pass me by.

Farmgirl 7774

Never miss a sunset

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2019 :  10:06:15 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
I think maybe our temps have broken here too! We finally got some rain for 1 whole day! Nice n soft, not hard, although my son says it poured where he works and ran off, so he dealt with some flooding at the chicken farms he drives truck for. Temps have been near 80. Had to turn furnace on. Wow! 1st we tried to keep heat out and now trying to keep it in! Can't win. lol BUT loving the cooler days where I can be outside. Laundry day today. Good breezy going.

Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2019 :  6:38:06 PM  Show Profile
We are finally getting our swimming pool filled in. I have been wanting that done for a year now. We don't swim and the cost of filling it in is cheaper than the cost of taking care of it for a year. Hopefully next summer we can get a sunroom built. We need to replace our outside doors first as they need to be done. Little by little we will get all the things done that we want to get done. No hurry on most of it. I spent a lot of the day outside today as it was 69 degrees here. Beautiful!

Farmgirl 7774
Never miss a sunset

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page