Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2019 :  1:42:11 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Peggy: Not sure if it's the Scotty's or your hubby or both, but it's been 11 days since you have been on here. Just know you're loved and missed and thought about much and prayed for daily. Keep leaning on Papa God! Hug

The rest of ya are pretty quiet too.. Hope you are all good and enjoying the beginnings of Fall.. I still have 90 degree days here, so will def be looking
for cooler weather soon! We also need rain.. badly... leaves are drying on trees and falling off and grass is crunchy.. still in drought.. sigh..

Chickens are still giving me eggs, bless their lil hearts.. it's a wonder they don't lay hard boiled ones hot as it is daily. lol

If it weren't for me watering my posies, there would be no blooms. It's work but I enjoy it. :)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2019 :  1:54:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! It is quite a warm day out here, but we are enjoying the sunshine! Last weekend we had my oldest's 16th birthday party. How oh how has she gotten that old???? She is becoming a wonderful young lady, but my gracious is she growing up fast! Then this weekend we butchered our last batch of broilers for the year. Had quite a few of them being requested by friends this year, which both makes my heart happy and sad at the same time! I'm glad people enjoy them, but I can never keep enough in my freezer to eat, hahaha. We found out this past Tuesday that my hubby needs back surgery again - on the 25th! Not much time to plan or get things ready, but we are doing our best! I've rearranged much of our schedule and am trying to fit everything in! He will be off work for at least two weeks, and it is a three month recovery!!!

I started looking at Christmas stuff, as I need to start planning - but may heart doesn't seem to be in it. I'm not sure what is wrong with me! I want to make this year special - full of family time, rather than just busy-ness, but am not sure what it is I'm really searching for!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2019 :  11:37:59 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies....

Hi Shannon...it is hard to reconcile to the fact that our wee ones grow up to be lovely young women or handsome young men...but they do indeed!
I am suffering this with my Grandchildren. The two youngest don't look so young anymore. Sadness! I want more of them but I have been told it is
not happening unless it is a miracle birth! LOL I say, "ALL Births are Miracle Births!"

My kids and their kids are at Disneyland this week! Got the first pictures posted today! I guess it is is the low 90"s there. They should Praise The Lord
as we are having Monsoons all week here. I have their dog for the week (our dogs brother) and they are keeping me hopping!! I had to take them out in
the rain 8 times yesterday and today! I try to take them together or it would be 16 times. As you know the Rain is not good for my pain levels...so, this wasn't the best week to have Brindle but it is what it is! I'm glad to have him...as I would hate for him to be in a Kennel for 9 days.

Not much going on here. Bad weather and I'm still cleaning here and there. We are suppose to have a Key Bank inspection on Wednesday...just what I needed!! And my oldest Step-daughter will be here on Saturday. Never a dull moment!!! LOL She may fly in at the same time my son and family fly home from Disneyland. ~ That same day one of our gals from Bible Study is getting married and I am suppose to go to their Reception...but I just might not
be able to make it. One of our other gals just lost her dad. We all seem to being going through some stressful times in our live along with some blessings too.

I am also starting to prepare for our Annual Women's Retreat at the Coast! Hope the Weather is good this year. We had tornadoes sighted here last week. Only one actually touched down and did minor damage compared to how other parts of The Country have experienced with this Strange and Terrible Weather. So no complaints here.

Not much else to talk about! Hope everyone Is doing well.

Love, Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2019 :  04:03:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi all,
Had a great weekend. Went back home to see my aunt whose 99th birthday we celebrated. The weather was cool, fall like and gorgeous. We are having 84 today but 70s the rest of this week. I am busy redoing one of the spare bedrooms. Painting walls and replacing carpet. Definitely fall cleaning in the air but it will feel good to get the room done.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2019 :  06:15:43 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - lovely to see you on here! How fun for your family to be in Disneyland! We took our older four to Disney World many years ago! There are times I would love to go back, but I just do not see it happening! I found their comment about not having any more children kinda comical, in that we had said we were done, and there we are expecting again! So sorry that you are having to deal with rainy weather! We had a day or two last week that it rained constantly... I loved it, but it made my fiber so mad! And Sammi really struggled with her JRA. We do not get much rain here, so each time is special regardless of the pain and discomfort it causes! What is a Key Bank inspection???

Denise - Happiest birthday to your aunt! There are times I think it would be lovely to live until I am 99, and other times I cringe at the thought, primarily die to where our world seems to be headed. I am craving Fall like weather! Today we are suppose to be in the low 90s :(. While I am sure my garden enjoys the heat, I am so ready for cooler weather. Honestly, I am looking forward to snow! They say this year may be quite a bit of snow... I can hope, hahaha. The hardest part will be trying to do all the farm chores without my hubby, hahaha.

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2019 :  07:49:54 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, I surely hope you don't overdo while taking on the chores. That is quite a while for you to be having to do it while he recovers. I'm sure you have some helpers you can designate some jobs too!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2019 :  09:40:32 AM  Show Profile
Denise - my boys will definitely help, especially by 12 year old! He is generally my hardest worker! But at the same time, they need to keep up with their school work as well! I had debated giving them some time off from school, but with another baby coming, I need to save those days off until then! I'm hoping to have a friend pick up hay for us over that couple of months, rather than me having to go get it and unload it, hahaha. Should definitely be an interesting winter!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2019 :  1:55:12 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Denise...I would love to live to be 99 as long as I was still able to get around and had all my facilities. I know that my mom did not want
to live to her 90's. She had outlived everyone but me and her best friend and I think she didn't want her best friend to go before she did.
I have always thought I would live to be 94 but like Shannon said...with the World headed in the direction is is headed that is a sobering
thought. My mom lived to be 85 which was the longest of any of her family. Most of her Family and My Dads lived to be only in their
60's. So, I think she had a very good long life and had lived in her own home, drove still, and had friends in her Church and Sr.s Group.

Shannon...I didn't even think about you having to do all the Farm Chores with hubby down and out from Surgery. You best Call In Some Favors
Girlfriend. LOL I know God will see you through it all but Pregnancy and hard work do not always go hand in hand. So take care of yourself.

Well, my son says that his dog is playing me wanting to go out doors every two hours. If that is the truth then these two brothers really are
the same. LOL I can tell you that they are both strong willed and stubborn. In the middle of the night I couldn't get Brindle to shut up ...
he was barking like Crazy and that is NOT good when you live in Apartments. So, I came out to my recliner and let him sleep on my lap
and then he was happy. According to my husband I sort of look like a Zombie today. I feel like the walking-dead that is for sure!!

Shannon...Key Bank owner our Apartments and so they do a yearly inspection. They check your water pipes, your tiles, your carpeting, they
look for mold issues etc. It usually doesn't bother me that much but this week I'm pretty much too tired to care. LOL We have lived here
8 or 9 years now and it is what it is.

Okay, the dogs are whining at me. Gotta go take them out.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2019 :  08:54:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, Just checking in. We're on vacation this week. Doing lots of day trips and just relaxing n visiting family in the area... stuff like that. I like that so much better than one big trip.(must mean I'm getting old-er).*giggle*
We have been having super weather... 70's & 80's...Can't beat that. It's been cool here most of this summer. Thank You God!!
Make it a Great day Gals! I'm off & running again. heehee

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2019 :  4:06:28 PM  Show Profile
Judy,
You must be in the northern part of Ohio because where my daughter is in the Dayton area they have been having a heat wave and are in drought conditions.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2019 :  8:01:05 PM  Show Profile
Yup...I am...N.E... and so glad! I have a niece about an hour south of me and a nephew about 45 minutes southeast of me and I can't believe how much warmer and drier they both are than us. It's weird!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2019 :  10:51:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Farm life has kept me incredibly busy so I haven't been on the computer much. I can't believe it's nearing the end of September already!!!! Where did the summer get to?

Here's a few pictures:

Nora - this is Jessi for you

Ran for the camera - this landed in the field down the road!

Hubby named these two macaroni and cheese LOL! They have an all black sister I said we might as well call kraft.

Hopefully I'll have some more time this weekend to pop on the porch. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2019 :  12:48:36 PM  Show Profile
What a nice bunch of bovine and feline cuties!

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2019 :  1:22:40 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful pictures Heather! Love those cute calves

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2019 :  6:01:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heather, so glad you stopped by. Love those babies. Again...I can see a puzzle op in that one with the calf and the kitten.
ADORABLE!!
*giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2019 :  07:16:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message
Love the pictures Heather! Glad to hear from Peggy and Denice I Really enjoy your posts girls! Just catching up on the latest. I'm getting cooler nights and very glorious days here in Massachusetts! The leaves are changing and preparing for our show when we hit the road next month and head for the winter park in the South. I feel like I have increased the value of the house here by half with a facelift and porch addition. Its been a productive summer!

Farmgirl#7588 Fishgirl Farm Chapter member.
Laughter makes the heart strong!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2019 :  11:57:40 AM  Show Profile
Heather...we have missed you Darling Girl! Your Pictures always put a smile on my face. This time I had a good Belly-Laugh over Macaroni and Cheese.
Too Darn Funny that is for sure! They are cuties! Always, Always, Always Love your Critter Pictures. My husband was re-telling me the other day how
he use to love laying in the grass on his stomach and the calves coming and licking his head, ears and neck with their sandpaper tongues. Didn't sound
pleasant to me but he loved it. He worked on a Dairy Farm on The Oregon Coast when he was in his late teens. Tried to help out his poor mama who was raising 4 kiddos on her own. She worked full time but back then it was hard to make ends meet. My husband got free room and board, meals and $15.00
a month which he sent home to his Mother. Hard times back then! I also like the picture of the Hot Air Balloon! Awesome!

Vicki...are you putting your house up for sale or just sprucing it up? So, you are Snow-birds huh? Sounds like fun!! I have friends from WA State that go to Yuma Arizona in the Fall and Winter. The just bought a house there but they travel in their Motor Home All Summer. They Love it!! She keeps telling me that I need to move their in the winter months for my Fibromyalgia and Arthritis but I hate the desert! So, I just stay here in Rainy WA State and complain. LOL

Judi...tells us some of the FUN things you and Dave did this Vacation Week. Always love to hear what you found to do!! My son and family should be here pretty soon to get Snickers Brother. 9 days of two Scotties has me needing a long nap!! LOL I am sure that my Son and Family are exhausted too as they had 12 hour days at Disneyland. They posted a few pictures but not much. They will probably do a Scrapbook for me to see when I'm 99. LOL
Found out that my son Pat just moved from Idaho to Liberty Lake WA which is just outside of Spokane. Him and his dad didn't last too long together.
Don't know who Pat moved in with but glad he is staying gone for awhile. I'm praying that he got his SS Disababilty but not sure as I still have him
blocked on my phone. My husband is still in communication with him...so that way I don't have to worry about how Pat is doing. Have I said how much I
love having our Apartment back to ourselves???? lol. I know I have. Just kidding. It is nice and peaceful and I am enjoying it and so is Larry.

Well, off to do something constructive.

Love, Joy and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2019 :  5:43:05 PM  Show Profile
Hello friends, what a busy month this has been. We had a tree break in high winds and land on our chipper. We were able to fix that easily. A week later, my husband was cutting down a huge pine tree on a still day. No wind what-so-ever. All of a sudden a gust of wind came up just as the tree was starting to go down. It crashed down on our bucket truck and totaled it. Thank goodness for good insurance. We found a different one in a few days and are back to work. I also have a new addition to the family. A 7 week Shih Tzu puppy. Her name is Trixie. I thought I would never want another one after my Lilly got shot but I have fallen in love with this one also. She is certainly helping me get over the pain of losing Lilly.
It sounds like you all are busy too. So much going on everywhere and time flying by so fast. Where do the days go?
Fall decorations are all up and winter supply of wood getting filled. Life is good. Even when things happen that try our patience, we still can find things to laugh about and there is something good in every day. Talk to you all later

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2019 :  10:43:35 AM  Show Profile
Vicki,
I'm sure Mass. is beautiful right now! It was beautiful when we were in NY.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2019 :  11:33:03 AM  Show Profile
Lori, you really did have a busy month. That tree got its revenge on the chipper for sure. Thank goodness no one was hurt.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2019 :  12:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Heather: You just made my day with all those warm, fuzzy pics! LOVE the names and I agree, Kraft would round out the naming process. lol
I just want to pet them all... Thanks for posting..

Thanks Judy for saying there was a calf/kitten pic. I had to go back and look again. I thought it was the cow color and MISSED the kitten! Talk about
cammo!! LOL That would make a good puzzle..

Good to see you all posting. Love reading it. Our leaves are drying on trees and falling off. So much for fall color. Only color I'm getting is what
I put out to enjoy in the house as fall décor.. We got a wee bit of rain to lay the dust and that's about it. 85 out there. Cooler temps at night so
I open my windows all night and shut them early in the morning to keep it cool in here before AC kicks on.

Hey Lori, How about a pic of Trixie to share?

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2019 :  1:35:32 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon My Porchies...

Lori...I had a sh**zu Puppy too her name was Bella and she was all Black! What color is Trixie? And yes, I agree with Patsy...it would be fun to see
her picture. I think Bella was 8 when we had to have her put down. All The Girls on The Porch got me through that very difficult time. I don't even
like to talk about it. But let us enjoy Trixie with you as she grows.

Oh, for Heaven Sake Snickers needs to go outdoors. Will try to get back on here later!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2019 :  2:05:09 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I'm back...it was a quicker trip than I thought it would be. They sprayed our Grounds today...so, we can't let our dogs in the grass for 24 hours. This morning I had to walk him out to the Main Street but this time he went in my flower beds. Good Dog! I hyperextended my right knee last week so I don't feel like walking too far. I need to go put my knee brace on...it feels better when I walk more than a few steps.

I got to spend some time with my Youngest sons family on Saturday when they got back from Disneyland. Savannah couldn't wait to show me her leather
Purse and Wallet she bought with the 100.00 I gave her. She did good. And Elijah Bought the whole set of Cars from The Movie. He was pretty excited about that. He wants me to come to their house so I can see them all.. But yesterday I was off and on in bed all day... with the Rain making my Fibro
scream at me. I got so much sleep yesterday that I was wide awake at 4:30 AM...and couldn't tall back to sleep, so I got up and did some Diamond Painting
until I felt tired again...which was around 7:00. I did watch a couple of good Football games yesterday or at least the best parts of them. LOL
It is 2:00 in the afternoon here and only 66 degrees out. Feels really good to me though...so I guess I'm getting ready for FALL for sure now.

Patsy...I missed the Kitten in the picture too until Judy mentioned it and had to go back and look again. Sure enough!! It was a cute picture for
sure. It would make a icute puzzle or a custom diamond painting Judy girl!

This morning...I cleaned out my refrigerator, cupboards, and washed out some Canisters and other storage containers; and hauled out 2 big bags
of stuff my son had bought that I would never use in a million years. He ate way differently than we do. I heard over the weekend that he was no
longer with his dad but living with his Uncle or Cousin or someone at Liberty Lake just outside of Spokane. For the most part my heart is doing
better but it is hard to have no communication with him even though I have to keep it that way for awhile. I need this healing time. It has been
so peaceful and I am getting so much more done around here since I'm not tripping over all his stuff anymore. My goal is to do one Chore a Day
that I couldn't get to while he was here. The biggest one left is my bedroom. That may take several days but that is OK...I can go at my own
pace.

Denise...I saw your haircut on FB and it Looks so pretty shorter. That natural curl is Gorgeous!

Alright My Porch Buds...have a good day and find something that makes you Happy to do.

Miles of Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2019 :  12:25:51 PM  Show Profile
Hello sweet friends! I may be MIA for a bit. Hubby has back surgery tomorrow. I've been trying to get everything ready. Wood has been brought inside, buck barn has been rebuilt, and we have lots of feed. I need to get my stationary chicken coop ready for winter and my garden harvested. Snow hits this weekend!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2019 :  6:01:47 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Shannon: Really? You just had to say that 4 letter word.. lol

I'm getting my house, garage, porch, patio, chicken coop and front of my barn pressure washed in the morning. The guy was going to call and come out Thursday or Friday but he called and guess we are doing it sooner! Oh well, just made me get all my summer ornaments picked up which was what I was gonna do anyway. lol He said the guys could move stuff that I couldn't which is great cause I wasn't gonna even try. So, I'm ready.
Even moved the hummer feeder from the porch down on the pole with the bird seed feeder in the yard so my lil hummers wouldn't be without til this mess is over.

I would like to gather flower seeds which is what I was going to do today, but oh well, if it rains before I get to.... guess it will be another day.

So you can guess since I'm outside, my temps must have went down. YES! I can handle 80s.. plus humidity is way down too and it gets deliciously chilly
at night with my windows open and cools inside of house down wonderfully. LOVE all the fresh air I can handle. lol

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page