Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  9:25:38 PM  Show Profile
Hey Peg! The wedding was in the Detroit area, so that's where I was! That's where my Mom's family grew up, and my grandparents still live there.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  9:48:52 PM  Show Profile
I have finished my kitchen! YEA!!!! The only downside is I was checking expiration dates and I now have no yeast. :( I have this beautiful, clean, organized, even decorated kitchen and I can't wait to make something and I have no yeast. I am amazed at how much better I feel in there. It isn't just a usable room, which it wasn't very well before, but it's mine now. I put my chicken stuff everywhere. I even hung my chicken towels on the cabinet doors, cause I hate the brown color everywhere. The walls, the floor, the cabinets, the beams in the ceiling, the trim work,
the chairs, the shelves on the walls, all BROWN! I now have a shiny metal shelving thing in there, lots of bright colored chicken decorations, a white ceramic tiled table, a bright red large crock for my utensils, an apple basket magnetic picture to lay across the stove top, and stained glass chickens in the window! I emptied several boxes from the barn and claimed the kitchen. I will be seaching out chicken and farm scene pictures to mount on each of the cabinet doors. I have been know to even take four pages out of magazines and trimming them to make a collage type picture and have it laminated to hang. I like color, any color, just as long as there are different colors all around. This whole house is brown inside and out and it's driving me nuts. It's time to make this place mine and bring some color back into our lives. And for pete's sake I'm gettin some yeast! That kitchen is just callin to me. I swear it is.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  9:50:15 PM  Show Profile
I've been gone a few days and I don't even know where to start catching up! You girls are all so busy and have such fun loving stories to tell! Lots of great food and I'll try to catch up tomorrow. Awfully hot here, too much to do (you can all relate to that!!) and I'm just tuckered out! I did bring some cold pasta salad with fresh zucchini and tomatoes in it! Hope you enjoy!! Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  12:40:21 AM  Show Profile
Excellent Zucchini Bread Recipe

1 1/3 cups sugar (can sub. honey or Sweet n low for part of it)
2 cups grated zucchini
3 eggs (can sub. egg beaters)
1 cup salad oil (can sub part applesauce like half n half)
3 tsp. Vanilla

Directions: Mix these dry ingredients together
3 cups flour (can sub 1 cup of whole wheat or gluten free flour)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 cup chopped nuts *optional* (but I like walnuts or pecans)

Beat in mixer or mixing bowl. Fills 2 small sized loaf pans
or 1 large loaf pan.
I like big loaves so, I always double the recipe.

Grease Loaf Pans or use some kind of oil spray.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
Test with tooth pick in the center of the pan.
If too gooey cook longer. Take out of oven,
cool for 10 minutes, run knife along outer edge
of bread, turn upside down to remove from pan
and continue cooling.

Then sit back and enjoy!!!!

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 18 2010 12:42:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  12:45:49 AM  Show Profile
Angela...your kitchen sounds like you made it Farmgirl Cheery and Ready for
some great smells to come forth from it. I posted the Zucchini Recipe on The Garden
Forum and then thought the Porchies might like having it too. It is a tried
and true Recipe that I have used for 33 years. And quess what...you don't need
Yeast! :+)

Hugs,
~peggy

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 18 2010 09:10:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  04:52:47 AM  Show Profile
Angela- I thought of you last night as I was making chocolate chip cookies for tomorrow for Sunday school for the kids. I got out my bag of chocolate chips and they were a soft, melted, gooey mess. I threw them away and made sugar cookies instead.

Meghan- Back to school thoughts already! Oh my! I'm not ready for that to happen. My youngest DD (15 y.o.) has been at her grandmother's for 3 weeks and got home late last night. I want lots of summer with her! She wil be home for a couple of weeks and then back to Nanny's for another long visit. What grade are you in?

Lin- the pasta salad was great! Thank you for bringing some.

My family was away all day yesterday. I was supposed to go with them, but had to work Saturday morning. It was very quiet here, but I crave alone time and very seldom get it. I made it to the farmer's market early- 5:45 a.m. and got 14 pints of blueberries. I came home, washed them and put them on cookie sheets in the freezer, then to work by 9 a.m. Home around noon, cleaned and took a nap. I worked in the garden a bit and found a few tomato leaves that look like they may have early blight. I threw those leaves away and checked the potatoes. They have a few yellowing leaves, but not blightish looking.

Neighborhood garage sales this weekend. I found a beautiful solid wood bookcase. We are a household of bibliophiles and there are books in every room.

I got some zucchini at the market yesterday. My bread recipe is the same as yours Peggy. Delicious! Now it needs to cool off enough to allow me to do some baking!

Shalom,
Lida

Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  07:48:03 AM  Show Profile
Hey girls how are you doing? Everyone staying cool?

Well Peggy yes I have 7 gleaming jars of watermelon pickles (and some in the frig that there was not enough to do another jar). Watermelon pickles are a 2 day process. And it has been over 110 here for the last 5 days. We did get a thunderstorm the other day but the lighting strikes started 12 fires. Maybe that was not such a good idea. But we are due a break in the weather by Tues with temps back in the 90s. Who thought I would be glad to see 90. these temps are taking a toll on my garden, even with the watering everything is wilting.
Getting lots of tomatoes so sauce will be next. Trying to hold off a couple of days for it to cool a little. My hubby thinks I am nuts. Why would I go to all this work when you can buy sauce in the store. I said 1- I know exactly whats in it. 2- it tastes better with all the fresh home-grown ingredients. 3- In some cases you save money (lol don't count your time growing and cooking). 4- I love keeping alive older skills. But after being togeather for over 20 years hubby should know I am nuts. lol
Well ladies lets sit a spell. How are your gardens going? I think I will bring some home-made peach (yes the peaches are ripe now too) ice cream to share. Come get it girls before it melts.

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  07:48:54 AM  Show Profile
I made it to the store and got my yeast! Yea! I need to make two batches of cinnamon rolls, some zuchini bread, butternut squash muffins, and blackberry jelly. I can start the rolls and while the dough rises I can make the zuchini bread. Then punch down and roll out and finish the rolls, then they have to rise agian, letting me make the muffins. Then while they bake I can make the jelly and can it while everything cools. Then I'll have a freezer full of goodies that only need a minute or two in the microwave at anytime anyone wants them! I am gonna try my hand at homemade bread tomorrow if I can get the time. I hope I'll get it right one of these days.

Lida, I love farmers markets. I wish we had a decent one around here close. The one I was taking my jellies to was very small and doesn't have anyone at it with fruit. I think I'm gonna go to the apple orchard next week and see what all they have. There is a small amish group that brings a lot of fruit and veges there to sell. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  09:41:16 AM  Show Profile
Marla...the last time I had Watermelon Pickles was when my Grandma made
them over 40 yrs ago...but I do remember that I really liked them. I think
you are mighty plucky for working so hard in such heat or a crazy woman, I'm not
sure which. LOL But 7 gleaming jars staring at you feels mighty good doesn't
it? I bet they look lovely and worth all the hard work and near heat-stroke! :+)

Angela...you are mighty ambitious girl! With all that baking bring something
yummy to the porch tonight OK? Pretty Please!

Lida...that is neat that you have the same Zucchini Recipe...I just love that one
and I have tried a few various ones over the years but I always return to that tried
and true favorite.

Our youngest Son bought his dad a Tropicanna Plant in memory of my hubbies dog
Sterling. You can grow them in a container or in the garden. They have beautiful
big leaves that are multi-hued and then a very brilliant tangerine orange flower.
They grow to be about 6 feet tall in the flower-beds but 2-3ft in containers.
There were about 6 good starts in the Pot that our son bought...so, I went out this
morning in the coolness of the day and planted five of them outside the bedroom window
and then I put one in a pretty container for my hubby to set on his desk at work.
He always called Sterling his Angel Dog (though Sterling's Halo was always slipping LOL)
so, I put a tiny garden angel in the pot too. For those of you who have never thought
about it...planting a living plant, rose-bush or tree in memory of someone or a family pet...
is very therapeutic. My husband and I always recommended that in our years of Counseling
Practice. So, it was neat to see our youngest Son...do that for his dad.

Well, Have a Wonderful Sunday and Relax in The Love of Family, Friends and The Good Lord!

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  12:10:09 PM  Show Profile
Just a quick catch up to yesterday....I started the morning with the women at our church...we had our monthly get together of sharing...it was my turn to share...and I did...it was a bit emotional but I survived and so did they! LOL! I shared your great story of Dancing with Jesus, Peggy! They loved it...it went perfect with our morning worship music! after the ladies meeting I met the two city girls(LOL) for lunch at the Country Club House...it was delish...I had Chicken/Gorgonzola Salad with grapes and walnuts...fresh tomato basil soup and ginger ale...then for desert I had a fresh baked chocolate chip/oatmeal/cranberry cookie..with coffee!
Then we headed out to see M's new shiny kitchen with beautiful granite counter tops, a large lazy susan, cupboards to hold her baking sheets, and beautiful drawers that closed by themselves....aaaahh a dream come true! It was lovely, but I was happy to come home and relax in my little house with Hubby....he forgot I was going with the girls after my women's thing so he thought something happened to me, and he was all worried because I didn't come home til dinner time...poor thing worried all day and I didn't call him because my cell phone battery died!
I guess I should start some kind of community calendar so in case that happens again, he can see what my schedule looks like...lesson to learn...
It was a fun day with the girls....all of them.....
home today from church and now I think I'll play in the craft room and try to finish up a couple swap things I have going so they're ready to mail tomorrow!
Blessings to all!

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  1:34:09 PM  Show Profile
Lida, I'm going to be a freshman. I'm so excited. I get my schedule in two weeks, and then a week after that, I get to go buy all my books. Then around the time schedules get sent out, my uniforms come in! Our uniform is a plaid skirt with a monogrammed shirt, and then you can wear a crew sweater. It is probably the cutest uniform ever! Sorry for all the exclamation points, I'm just so excited!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  3:57:56 PM  Show Profile
I love to see kids excited about school. I think it's great.

I have butternut squash muffins with chocolate chips on the top and huge cinnamon rolls. They are properly shaped this time, so no silly lookin ones for the porch tonight! LOL! I didn't get to make my zucchini bread cause my DH already sliced and fried the zucchini, so maybe in a few days.

I feel like I'm ready to try bread making for sure. I can't wait till tomorrow!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  4:07:31 PM  Show Profile
Angela, if your looking for a kid excited about school, look no further! I love school, reading, writing, everything! I inhale books, as does my grandpa (that's where I get it from!), and someday I want to become a published author. School is my passion, and I hope to become valedictorian of my class when I graduate.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  4:45:30 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I've got a great low country southern shrimp boil and key lime bars for everyone. Put your bibs on and dig in!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  5:29:49 PM  Show Profile
Sounds Yummy Pam, got my bib on, washed my hands and I'm ready to dig in and enjoy!

Megan...so glad you love school and have set high goals for yourself. "Learning" is
a life long endeavor and so it is good to have that as your passion!

Angela...I have never had butternut squash muffins sounds interesting. Probably a lot
like my pumpkin bread with choc. chips that I make every Fall. I bet your cinnamon rolls
look fabulous but as I recall they tasted good even if you said they looked like little
snails last time. LOL

Well, I am tired this afternoon...stayed up way to late last night reading after working
on projects all evening. So, maybe I will stretch out on the Porch Swing with a good
book and some Peach Iced Tea. If I fall asleep just throw my shawl over me...girls.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  8:08:54 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Peggy for the zucchini bread recipe. A friend just gave us a bunch of zucchini from his garden, so anxious to make bread. I've used other recipes, but am looking forward to trying yours!! I'll bring some to the porch!! Your "Sterling" story is heartwarming and what a neat idea........so healing!! Thank you! Peach iced tea sounds so refreshing.....is there a recipe or is it the brewed type?

Angela, your kitchen sounds SSSOOO neat!! You're one ambitious girl!! Yeh!!! Wow, and all that baking and cooking in one shot!! I need to come take lessons!!!

Lida, gooey chocolate chips seem to go along with the hot weather! Ugh....I finally remembered to throw them in the freezer when I buy them after having to EAT a bag or two of chocolate glop!!! (Yummmmm!) Sugar cookies are always delicious and kids love them!! Wow, you had a very productive Saturday AM!! Oooooooooooooohhhh, love garage sales!! Never enough bookcases, and so hard to find solid wood!

Marla I love watermelon pickles and it's been a very long time since I've had any!!! Wow, good for you!! Hope you bring some to the porch! Would love to bite into some "memories"

Monica, such a sweet story about DH "worrying".....I don't like to see anyone worry, but so good to know that the love is strong, and that's what it sounds like to me!!

Megan, that is awesome!!! You go girl and I hope you are Valedictorian!! A dream come true...you work hard and I'm sure it will all come together for you!!

Pam, your shrimp and key lime bars sound absolutely delish!!! I've got my bib ready too!!! I'll send your penpal card to you tomorrow!! Yeh!!!

I didn't get alot done today......mowed and laundry and made a crock pot dinner. I planned to get sewing done, but just wasn't motivated so I'll shoot for an evening this week or next weekend!!! I made Teresa's lemon muffins today and they are very light and refreshing so will drop those off! Lin

Edited by - Lin on Jul 18 2010 8:15:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  04:42:18 AM  Show Profile
Megan-WhooHoo! That's so exciting to hear that you love learning! It is a lifelong process and so much of life is exploring it! Is there a farmgirl patch for academics? Well we should suggest one if there isn't! That would be a great idea! You Keep your zest for learning my friend! We'll all be walking with you in spirit on that platform to get your Valedictorian Diploma!!!
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  04:44:20 AM  Show Profile
I am glad that we all had a great weekend! Yesterday was church and then the rest of the day with DH and 2 of our DDs and granddaughter at a local amusement park. The weather was perfect and we all had a great day. It was such a blessing to see my 20 y.o. and 15 y.o. laughing together and enjoying each other's company; they don't always have days like that. Our 2 1/2 y.o. DGD had a hoot of a time! This was her first trip to an amusement park and she made the most of it. I should have worn a pedometer to keep track of how far she made us walk. Her mom called at 10:30 last night to say that she was talking non-stop about her day and telling them all sorts of stories. Precious memories!

Marla- I have never had watermelon pickles. Are they a sweet pickle?
Maybe we should invite our DHs to the porch for an evening of conversation about why we do what we do. My DH also wonders why I invest so much of my limited time in gardening and preserving naturally grown, nourishing foods when I can get food at the grocery store. My reasons are the same as yours. He is also mystified about why I make quilts from old clothing, buy out of print theology books, have a gazillion different spices & herbs and prefer old cast iron cooking pans over newer stuff.

Angela- If your new baking center includes whole wheat/rye/graham flours you should consider storing them in the freezer or fridge while it is so hot. They can go rancid quickly in this weather. Will you please pass me one of your butternut squash muffin? We have many great farmer's markets here. There is a large one with over 100 farmer's represented near downtown Rochester, as well as several smaller ones in local communities. The large downtown one is open year round and the vendors bring portable heaters to heat their tents and selling space in the winter. Saturday I saw some ladies selling their homemade soaps, but I didn't have enough time to chat with them. I'll catch up with them next trip.

Megan- you have great goals and a wonderful attitude about education. Your uniform sounds adorable! My youngest DD is going into 10th grade and she will be going to a new school this fall; they have a dress code, but no uniform. What type of writing do you do?

Peggy- What did you stay up late reading? I love to read!

Lin- What was your crockpot dinner? It has been too hot here to cook anything, even in the corckpot. Today is a little cooler so I will put ribs in the crockpot for the family. I have to work this evening so I won't be home to eat with them.

Pam- What is a low country southern shrimp boil? Is it a regional recipe? Thank you for bringing some to share with us.

Monica- What page can I find Peggy's Dancing with Jesus story? Is it a porch tale? Sounds like you had a great day. Your country club lunch sounds delish and your friend's new kitchen sounds admirable! I get a magazine called Country Woman News and one of its regular features is a country kitchen makeover. I would love to design a new kitchen, but I am very satisfied with the one I have.

Peggy- We have quite a pet cemetery in our back yard (pet rabbits, a pet rat, pet mice, guinnea pigs, hamsters, and a much loved cat). The kids have to keep the plots marked for me or I might accidentally start digging a new garden spot where I shouldn't. Our dog is a large shepherd-chow chow mix and she is getting old. A friend with several acres of land offered us a plot in her family's pet cemetery when our dog needs it. My friend has made the area a beautiful place to reflect and rest.

The morning is flying by! Carpe diem!

Shalom,
Lida
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  05:56:47 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog but the plant story was very touching. Maybe I'll do that for my dad

megan-you are too cute! I loved school too so I get the enthusiasm!

Marla- I've never heard of watermelon pickles but I'm going to have to look that up...it sounds delicious

Have a great day ladies!

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  07:17:29 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Lida-it's a dish from the southern coastal area. When I was growing up we spent out summers in Hilton Head, SC and Myrtle Beach SC. We would play on the beach all day then once the shrimp boats came in, get fresh shrimp and go to the farmer's market for corn and potatoes. You put them all in a pot with a smoked sausage and everyone digs in. It holds a special place in my heart.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  08:09:33 AM  Show Profile
Monica, I like the idea of an Academic Badge....could cover any kind of "educational experience" don't you think?

Lida, your day at the amusement park sounds like alot of fun! Love to watch the little ones in all the excitement!!!OOOHHH, homemade soaps!! Our Farmers Mkt doesn't have a booth for that. Seems they have about everything else!!! Crockpot dinner was fresh carrots, baby red potatoes, onion, garlic, spices and chicken breast. It was delicious!! It was technically too hot to even use the crock pot, but had all the ingredients so decided to just get it going and forget it. Kitchen was pretty warm all day....ugh!!

Cleaned out the gutters on the house yesterday and I'm SO glad I did....one was falling off, so repaired that and today we have had downpours and it promises to continue!!! Boy, that was a job I had procrastinated on! My ladder is a wobbly ole wooden thing and I'm scared of heights.......but I got it done, I didn't fall and the ladder didn't break, so "it was a good day"! Packed up a couple of swaps and sewed some pillow covers from old quilt pieces I found at the Flea Market. I have plenty of crock pot dinner left, so will drop that off with some fresh cantelope! Lin

Edited by - Lin on Jul 19 2010 08:11:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  12:42:15 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like everyone had a great weekend. From amusement parks, to good eats, to jobs
accomplished and a sense of satisfaction and fun.

Lida...Grandkids are just the best! I get to go to Seattle this weekend and see mine.
She turns two next Wednesday but we will celebrate her B-Day over the weekend. I haven't
gotten to hold her in over a year because up until July 1st they were in Michigan.

Oh, my Dancing with God story is on my blog-site. Second Article Down. I just changed
Blog Designers and unfortunately it is a little hard to read. I haven't had time to
correct the Text Color yet but you can still manage to read it...put your glasses on
if you own any. LOL

And right now I am reading some Stories from the Porch Books (2 diff. books) and
a fascinating book called Flight To Heaven...a pilot's true story about a plane
crash...a lone survivor...a journey to Heaven and Back by Captain Dale Black

Dana...I highly recommend that you do plant something in memory of your dad. Maybe he
loved a certain kind of tree or flower (if not) you pick out something that would
remind you of him...every time you looked at it. It could be your favorite, rather
than his.

I am really tired today...I think it is the Barometrics playing havoc on my Fibro. I
feel like I could go crawl back in bed but I must accomplish a few things first on MJF
Forums and prepare swap packages to mail-out.

Have a lovely Monday Girls!

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 19 2010 12:48:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  2:25:26 PM  Show Profile
I have the best Hubby in the world!!! He got me something to go with my new baking cabinet he told me when he came in from work. It was 1 rather old baking cookbook and 1 that he said had some kinda wild recipes! One is the 'Fleischmann's Bake-It-Easy Yeast Book' which doesn't even have a date in it, but the product pictures have a very 60s or early 70s look to them. The other is 'Healthy Baking' from 1992 and it has some recipes that are really cool and I love them. They are so cool and I can't wait to start tryin them out. I wasn't able to get to try making bread today, several family crisis occured. My Dad is getting an operation, that he's really needed for a while, and they called today to tell him it was scheduled for monday. We only have a week to get the house ready for him. He'll be in a wheel chair then on crutches for a while, so we have to move furniture and stuff to be sure the chair will fit. Plus my uncle is bein sent back to the hospital on monday for another skin graft, so the whole schedule we had for takin care of his place is now all outa whack with my mom and dad bein unavailable next week. So, I'm runnin around like crazy preppin dad's house, callin everybody to set up for the animals at my uncles, tryin to do everything I need to do for the next two weeks in the next week so I'll be freed up to help, and gettin all the medical supplies and the wheel chair for my dad so he can have it all set up and ready for when he comes back. I am exhausted!

I did get a package from one of the farmgirls today! That always makes the day better. I now have diapers for my little one that just velcro on, so there's enough in the house for my girls to change a days worth of diapers. Plus I found some really cool tea in the box, pumpkin spice! So grab a cup and lets enjoy the cool of the evening before my phone starts ringing agian.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  3:10:09 PM  Show Profile
ANGELA...WOW girl your plate is pretty full right now. I am going to
be praying for you extra doubly hard!

Love & Hugs,
Peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  3:18:51 PM  Show Profile
DRUM ROLL PLEASE!....the winner of Name My Vintage 1947 Schwinn Bike is Channah!

She came up with the Name Lucy (first) but that got me to Thinking
about Lucille Ball...which got me to thinking about the 1950's or 60's
song "LUCILLE" by Little Richard (and I love that old song)...so, what could be more fitting for an old bike (trike) But "LUCILLE"! And I am having her painted RED so PERFECT! So, Channah your prize will go out in the mail this week.

Thanks everyone for all the Fabulous suggestions...you made it very difficult to choose.

Hugs,
Peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 19 2010 3:20:52 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page