Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  12:41:44 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I haven't had it yet. I'm having it this Saturday. I'm so excited, but a little overwhelmed about getting everything together. Hope everyone's day is going well!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  2:15:00 PM  Show Profile
well, I am home from the hospital and very dissappointed. They canceled my dad's surgery. They said his potassium was 2.9 and needed to be 3 or higher. We have to wait 2 more weeks now. Well, my day was shot by an hour and a half drive up, one hour wait, and an hour and a half drive back for nothin! I guess that's life.

Oh well, I need to get to a friends house. I am pickin up a bucket of cucumbers, some zucchinis, and some melons. I'm gonna be cannin tomorrow!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  3:30:21 PM  Show Profile
Angela, I'm sorry about your dad. That's terrible. Your dad will be in my prayers.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  7:33:17 PM  Show Profile
After several months of pure stress, I have finally found my way back to the porch. Ladies, I am exhausted. All I want is some of this good food, some iced tea and a rocker. Since April, I have buried a 90 year old dear friend (drove almost two hours once to see her in the nursing home, then another almost 2 hours to attend her funeral). In May, I buried my 89 year old aunt. In June, I went in for emergency gallbladder surgery. In July, I made another almost 2 hour drive to see my first friend's 92 year old sister (and, more importantly, my farmgirl mentor from the time I was about five years old--I'm now 50), to see her as she entered a nursing home. She passed away Friday night around midnight. Was headed to her funeral today, got about 30 minutes from there and got a call that they put my mom in the hospital. Time for a U-turn, and the remainder of the day tending to mom. Fortunately, she's gonna be okay, and they're gonna hopefully, send her home tomorrow. But now, ladies, I am physically, emotionally and mentally exhausted, and all I could think about on the drive home was how wonderful it would feel if I could just sit on a porch somewhere and rock away my troubles. And then, I remembered my very favorite porch. Right here with my farm girl family. Ah.......boy does that tea taste good. Ladies, I knew I loved all of you for a reason!!!!!!!!! Thanks for this little piece of comfort. I probably just couldn't do this without all of you!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  8:55:16 PM  Show Profile
Julie, Hi! I don't know if I've met you yet or not. I want to say 'Pull up a rocker and rock away Girl! You deserve it.' I hope things get better for you. Relax and have some apple butter bread. I'm makin batch after batch tryin to get it just right.

I have a kitchen table in my kitchen but I swear you can't see it. All you can see is 5 zucchini, 3 eggplants, 20 lbs of cucumbers, a huge bowl of peppers, a medium bowl of potatoes, 3 squash, and a sea of tomatoes, probably 40 lbs worth! I have one heck of a cannin job ahead of me tomorrow!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  9:55:20 PM  Show Profile
Julie...I am so sorry for your losses and stresses. Goodness it seems like there are some real prayer needs on our Porch. And you are right...there isn't a better place to be, to rock, relax and be comforted. Please know that you are being prayed for.

Angela...you got some real work ahead of you girl. But you seem so happy being in your kitchen. Sing some happy songs and your work will go by quickly and you'll have wonderful foods to delight your family this fall and winter.

Hey guess what girls...I actually have some zucchini ready to pick. They are the young tender ones...but I will probably fix some for dinner tomorrow night. I can't wait.

Pam...guess where I went today??? Yup, our favorite Antique Shop. I found all kinds of buttons, ribbon and lace. Great little finds. And a pretty plant and planter with a bird on it. Also, I found a little glass blue bird of happiness. It is so cute.

Darlene how is your grand-daughter doing? I pray much better.

Monica...I really felt good on my trip but came home tired from the trip. But it was a good tired! I slept late today and then had a crazy busy day running errands.

How about some Raspberry Crisp tonight? And some iced coffee? Grab a plate and a fork and find your favorite place to sit. Just leave me a spot on the Porch swing while I dish up the goodies.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  10:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Thanks ladies for your prayers for Aryanna. She has pneumonia. Temp was 104.1 at the hospital. That's the only thing she had. No cough or congestion. She was started on an antibiotic and today she was better. Scarey. Kids are so resiliant. Brought the boys home with me so Kellie can focus on her and the baby. Thank God she's getting better.

Julie...Sorry for all your stressful situations. You and your mother are in my prayers. Come sit, relax on the porch. Nothings better than the comfort of friends.

Peggy...wonderful memories from your GD this weekend. If I lived closer I'd get a bike and I'd name it Ethel and we'd ride off and go antiqueing.

Going to the produce auction tomorrow. See if they have anything I don't grow. The mennonites bring all their produce and flowers.

Better get to bed so I can get up early.

Sister #1922
Blessings,
Darlene

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  05:42:08 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, I'm glad your little one is doing better...that is scary!
Julie, God bless you...you've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off tending to everyone else and now you need a little pampering...well, put your feet up and rock away girlfriend! Let's see if there's anymore of that yummy raspberry crisp left or apple butter...and a cup of tea!
Wasn't it you that started this whole porch thing? Good for you...look how it's taken off! It's everyone's favorite spot!
I'm going with dh to the surgeon today for his rotator cuff in his shoulder to see what we can do instead of surgery since he's starting a new job soon..any suggestions or ideas?
Everyone enjoy your day!
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  06:44:53 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hi Julie-I'm so sorry for all the stresses and losses you have had going on. You deserve the most comfortable chair. I've got iced tea ready for ya.

Darlene-How scary! Healthy vibes coming her way

Peggy-I just love that place! I'm glad you found some great treasures. We should plan a get together next time.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  08:19:03 AM  Show Profile
Hey Pam...we really should do that! My only problem is I rarely know when I might get a chance to go.
Yesterday my husband had a Dr. apptmnt at OHSU and said, "Why don't you ride a long and I'll drop you
off at the Antique Store and you can have lots of time to browse." But email me you phone # and I'll email you
mine and we'll make it happen one of these days. I would love that! In fact I kept looking at people thinking
I wonder if maybe Pam might be here? Pam...I take it your husband is a Musician because you've talked several times about him being off playing and then teaching drums to kids. Does he do his teaching in the summer through Parks and Rec. or does he have a studio? My first husband was a Musician...it can be very lonely sometimes for the spouse. Along with the whole "groupy" thing. If you ever need to talk email or call me. And I am in no way knocking Mark or inferring anything, so please don't take me wrong. My first husband and I are good friends to this day...but I have lived that life style and know some of the pitfalls and stresses.

Darlene...how fun that would be to have Ethel and Lucille out together! That would be adorable! And we could meet Pam at the Antique Shop in Portland, Oh yeah! I'd say move to the Portland/Vancouver area right now but I have this crazy feeling that you aren't going to be leaving that grand-baby and those other grand-children for our flights of fantasy anytime too soon. But hey, we live in a Virtual World...so, you could get a Virtual Three Wheeler and name her Ethel and off we'd go! See, I've solved the problem already! We're all set! By the way...what color would you paint Ethel?

Well today I am off to JoAnne Fabric for some more craft supplies both for knitting and embroidering and then I am meeting a young woman at Barnes and Noble who I met there two weeks ago. She was so adorable, long red hair, beautiful kind of young Katherine Hepburn features...she was free handing a to-go paper coffee cup and a saying, on some muslin that she was making for a small Bistro Table. I have never seen anyone free hand a design like that...so we got to talking and she makes dolls and pin-cushions too. So, just because I wanted to encourage her crafting, I ordered a Red Haired Felt Doll and a Lady-bug pin-cushion. Can't wait to see them.
And she was so excited to get the order, I think she had them done in less than a week. LOL

I'm hungry...did you all bring something to the Porch to eat this morning. I smell muffins...OK, is that Angela
coming up with some of her scrumptious baking? Sharon, Monica, Staci, Dana...come on girls I think breakfast is coming. Somebody, please bring a pot of coffee too.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 27 2010 08:25:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  08:53:33 AM  Show Profile
I have a pot of Community Coffee that I got addicted to in Mississippi. It's from Louisiana and is the best coffee in the world. I was havin to mail order it and then I stumbled across a restraunt in the town where our Farmers Market is that serves Cajun food. They also sell my wonderful coffee! I love havin it close. I also have another batch of apple butter bread. I think I finally have the recipe just right and I've come up with my own icing too. It's apple butter blended with powdered sugar and tastes great with the bread!
I way overslept this mornin, so I'll probably not get the cannin done, but it's supposed to storm today and tomorrow, so it'll be cool enough for cannin. I also had 5 dozen eggs given to me, so I need to get cookin and makin breakfast burritos! I love havin my family all so close, it makes it easy to share our goodies! I have to pick squash after the rain to hand out to everyone who has given me goodies lately.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  9:38:57 PM  Show Profile
Wow! I don't think I've seen the porch so quiet. Did everyone fall asleep? I'm up for a few more hours yet. My oldest turned 16 today, so my day didn't go quite like I had planned. I still have to can my tomato juice and spicy tomato sauce. I will be doin pickles and relish tomorrow. I guess I better get back to the stove.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  12:36:06 AM  Show Profile
I'm with you Angela...where is everyone??? I brought some fresh steeped Lavender Tea to the Porch tonight. Guess it is just you and me to enjoy it.

16 yr old daughter huh? Hope she is a good kid. My boys went kinda crazy once they hit 16 and the hormones kicked in. I wanted to put them all on a Desert Island at that age and not let them come off until they turned 21 (or 30)

I am tired tonight but looks like I can have the whole porch swing to myself and just stretch out and chat with you. I know the canning is a big job ahead of you...but you'll get to it and through it because you're Wonder Woman in the Kitchen. As I have gotten older...I always say, "I only have a kitchen because it came with the house!"

Well, I'm off to bed and I hope to sleep in and catch up from those 5 hr nights I have been averaging the last 4 or 5 nights. I need more sleep than that.

Hugs,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 28 2010 12:40:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  06:00:16 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Porchies...it's a beautiful morning, the sun's up still, the dogs aren't barking! Yesterday they went wild because a turtle made it up to the porch....eeks! I went out to see what all the fuss was and the big Dalmation had it in his mouth...he was alright though....hubby rescued it and took it down to the canal in the back...I don't know how he made it into the screened back porched (it has a doggy door)..LOL!
I've brought a box of fresh nectarines i picked up yesterday. They're very tasty and juicy! Also, I have some Vanilla Coffee with Cinnamon if you'd like a cup, it tastes and smells delish!
I'm so excited...I found a farmgirl that lives across town on here..so we're going to meet hopefully next week ...isn't that fun?
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  06:04:13 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Good morning! The dogs got me up way too early this morning. I'll just take advantage of it and have a great visit with everyone. YUM Nectarines! I'll put the kettle on for tea.

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  09:03:29 AM  Show Profile
I am up finally. I fell into bed exhausted and not quite done cannin at 3am. It never fails to amaze me how all the produce comes ripe when me calander already has tons of things marked on it. But you let me get a week with no appointments and everything stays just short of ripe and I'm stuck twiddlin my thumbs waitin on it. My green beans flopped, so I'm waitin for extras from others gardens. I've got my DD b-day party to plan for next weekend, the fair contests I'm eneterin next week, and I have gotten 3 phone calls this mornin tellin me I can come pick green beans startin next week cause they'll be done with them! I need 2 more of me to handle all this! LOL! That's scary! 3 of me! There wouldn't be a cake pan or oven safe for miles around! Ha! Ha!

I guess I'm headed back to the stove to finish cannin. Enjoy your day Girls!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  09:25:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi everybody! Sorry I was absent yesterday, but a regular day turned into a crazy one. My Mom and I were coming home from the nail salon to go visit with one her friends who we have known since I was four or five. Well, walking down the street we find this little miniature pinscher (or so we think; the vets think she might be an Italian greyhound), and so I started to walk towards her so we could give her some water. So as I'm chasing her through traffic, my Mom waves down a cop car, and he tries to help us get her. A man and his son come and help us, so finally we get her into a parking area where she has nowhere to go. The cop called the Humane Society. My Mom's friend is really good with dogs, so instead of waiting God knows how long for the Humane Society to come, after we gave her a little bit of water and two beef sticks my Mom's friend coaxed her into a box. So we took her to the vet, and they examined her. She had no collar, no microchip, and her nails were super long, so we could tell she was a stray. She also had a crooked jaw. Her teeth were so rotted that today my Mom's friend took her to the vet to get all of them removed. Well, during surgery they found a tumor in her jaw. My Mom's friend is probably going to put her down sometime in the next few days. I'm still glad I helped make her last day good ones.
Angela, it sounds like you are having a lot of fun doing all of your canning and baking! I hope you succeed with the fair enterings!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  10:17:15 AM  Show Profile
Well, now I know where you've all been...with four-legged friends and chasing turtles and dogs! LOL

Megan your story was bitter/sweat. Poor little dog...but like you said, at least that little dog knew
there were people out there that cared about it on it's last days on Earth.

Angela...Canning, Canning, Canning...A woman's work is never done! Can't wait to hear how you
do at the Fair. I swapped somethings for some older MJF Magazines and I was reading one last night before I went to sleep and there was a big old batch of cinnamon rolls on one of the pages and I thought of you!

Pam...Good Mornen Early Bird! What 'cha working on today? I've shown so many people that one sample you posted of your Vintage Lady Tinted Embroidery and they were all so impressed...just like me. I almost have my Red Work Tea-Towels done and then I am going to do a Garden Angel on a Bib-Apron...then I plan to do a couple Vintage Ladies. I am loving being back to doing embroidery and I owe it all to you...because I was so impressed with your beautiful work! So, thanks girlfriend!

Monica...good thing it was only a turtle that made it through that doggy door...in Florida it might've been a gator! But if you have a Dalmatian maybe a gator could get through your doggy door anyway. LOL That is neat that you have a farmgirl close that you can meet. Pam and I want to do that too. We just live across the River from each other/but in different States. Well that Vanilla coffee with cinnamon sounds delish! I'd like a cup please!

Have you girls ever had one of those days when you have a million things on your to-do list and you don't feel like doing even one of them? That is me today! I just may scratch the list and go take Lucille for a spin. Sounds like more fun. I haven't gotten her painted yet but she is now ride-able and here at my home.
They wanted $250.00 to paint her at the bike shop. Grrr! Too much. I am going to try Angela's suggestion and call some Auto Body Paint Shops.

Well, Have a Stupendous Day and I'll meet you all back here tonight for a some more conversation and good eats! (Though I must say...I put back on 5 lbs mourning our dog that we had put down.
I am such a stress eater. Bad! Bad! Bad!)

Blessings & Hugs,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 28 2010 10:27:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  11:59:29 AM  Show Profile
I have 6 quarts and 2 pints of sauce and 4 quarts and 2 pints of juice lookin so pretty on my table! I'm about to start slicin and dicin the cucumbers for my pickles and relishes. My DH wants some hot pickles and some spicy relish, so I guess a few peppers are on the list to chop as well.

I have iced tea and more apple butter bread if anyone wants it! I am sure of the recipe now, so have to type it up with all my changes to hand in with my entry. I've changed a lot from the original that I started with, so I'm sure no one else will have the same entry. You can win a special merit ribbon for the most original use of apple. I doubt I'll get it, I'm not the most creative person, but I think usin crab apples for apple butter then adding it to quick bread might stand a chance. Or maybe usin the apple butter for icing might be in the runnin as well!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

FG Vicki
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Vicki M
Etna CA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  12:26:18 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies,

I had a wonderful weekend, well I guess it was a wonderful weekend I got a lot done.. I built a fish pond just below my porch, it's 6' around and I built it in one spot 38" deep because I don't want it to freeze in the winter.. I have 7 koi that I just really like and want them to be around and not freeze. I made it a bit to deep though and had to run around and find scraps of liner material to finish it..I found the scraps and almost have it in place.. It is going to be so beautiful..I should have it landscaped and the fish in place by this weekend. There was already a toad in the pond last night.:) Oh and I just picked up the solar pump last night at my sons house ..
The garden and the fruit trees are doing great, I'm not sure how much produce I'm really going to have this year as I had to replant because of the ground squirrels. But some things are coming back really well. I was hoping to have plenty of green beans for canning and hopefully enough cucumbers for more pickles. Last year I had so much cauliflower that I was able to have several jars of pickled cauliflower , it was so good..
We just had 3 days of crazy thunderstorms but on our side of the valley we didn't get enough rain to settle the dust .. So weird how those storms settle into an area..

Monica, yes we did have a great quilt shop but she moved to Mt Shasta and she later sold the shop and then it closed. very sad..But then like all quilter I have enough fabric that I should never got shopping for fabric again :)I love the CCCs and encourages a lot of the kids I work with to join up, it's a good place to build work ethic...

Lin, thank you for the warm welcome, my rug was beautiful , I loved it . It got ruined in storage and I'm now collecting wool fabric to make another one..

Julie, I am so sorry to hear of all your loss. you are in a good place on this porch, enjoy, relax and have a cup of tea..

Well I better go I need to get ready for a home visit..I hope I can make it back today to visit.. Tonight I have a yoga class and hopefully a dinner date with hubbie, see you all later.
Vicki

"What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything"
Vincent van Gogh
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  2:26:49 PM  Show Profile
Hello All,
I have been MIA for a couple of days. Life is very full right now. I can tell that I am entering a new phase of life and need to do some adjusting to accommodate it. My children are grown or are growing up (ages 15-25) and that gave me more time to pursue my own interests for a few years. In the past 7 years I went back to school and got a masters degree, lost a lot of weight, made some quilts, expanded my garden, became a bicyclist, hiker and runner and built up my library. I am also a member of the sandwich generation with an aging mother, children still at home and grandkids.

2 summers ago I rode my bicycle 2000 miles; last year I rode for 1000 miles. This year I will ride less than 500 miles. I am okay with the change but I really miss my long bike rides. Adding in 3 grandchildren and 2 sons-in-law has changed the balance of time available for "me" in a wonderful way, but I still have to do some mental adjustments for these wonderful additions.

The porch is a great place to reflect and refresh.

Shalom,
Lida
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  2:40:42 PM  Show Profile
Greetings!

Julie- Welcome back to the porch. We have not met yet and I am looking forward to getting acquainted. You are in my prayers with all of your losses and stresses. You have been blessed with some wonderful women in your life.

Vicki- I chuckled about your comment that a quilter usually has plenty of material on hand. My DH is wonderful, but sometimes expresses his frustration about the bins of material that I tell him I will someday make into something.

Darlene- Glad that your granddaughter got the meds she needs to help her get better. Thank God she lives in an age and place when antibiotics are readily available to treat pneumonia. The Produce Auction sounds like fun. I got most of my vegetable and flower plants from a Mennonite greenhouse in the Finger Lakes. They are the healthiest plants I have ever planted. The Roma tomatoes are very prolific!

Peggy- So glad that you had such a fun visit with your granddaughter! And how wonderful that you get to be with her for a longer time later this year! Your story about encouraging the young crafter at Barnes & Noble is so sweet. You have a wonderful gift of encouragement!

Angela- Enjoy your canning time! It has been too hot to can so I have been filling my freezer. Now the freezer is full so I have to can. Friday is supposed to be cooler, so if I can get out of work early I will can some pie fillings.

Megan- Thank you for being a compassionate person and helping that stray dog. All life deserves to be respected.

I had my first ripe tomato from my garden last evening! I taste of heaven!

My daughter made some mint brownies for us. Enjoy!

Lida
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  4:21:33 PM  Show Profile
Angela, iced tea sounds good right now. It has been a long day. Dutchess went to the rainbow bridge this morning, and it was so hard to watch that. You watch movies like Marley and Me, and you think that's sad, but it doesn't really hit you until you have to do it yourself. But I helped make Dutchess's last day and night a really good one. I'm just glad I made my Mom stick it out, because otherwise Dutchess would not have been able to have such a good last night.
Lida, it sounds like you have a very full life, and I hope you can keep enjoying it to the fullest! How old are your grandbabies?
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  5:56:34 PM  Show Profile
It is so good to have you girls all back on the Porch. Lida wasn't the only one
missing in action! It is summer and a very busy part with gardens, ponds, pooches,
and family. Life seems to just fly by. It is always an adventure that is for sure.

I was going to just rip up my To-do list today and play and have fun but it kept
calling my name and mocking me...so I took a short walk with my dog Bella and then
I came home picked my one biggest Zucchini and chopped it up and made a meat-ball,
zucchini, vegetable medley (my way of saying I threw everything but the kitchen sink in).
Added a lot of Sicilian spice and if it tastes as good as it looks and smells I will
have one happy hubby tonight. Then I had phone calls to make with Insurance companies etc.
Scratch two things off the list. Then I took out my last bag of Rhubarb that I had frozen
from last years garden and threw it in a pan, added some blackberries and an apple and
cooked that all down, and will serve that for dessert with a little whip cream on top.
Then I had to collate a book that my husband and are jointly publishing. It is a Women's
Health Journal that we wrote. That is back breaking work (the collating) and I have worked on it for several
days. I wish we could afford to pay our printer to do that part...but if we don't do some of
the work ourselves we won't make any money off of it when we sell it. So, scratch four things
off my list today! So, I guess I didn't loaf around too much but it was sure tempting.

Lida...I know what you mean about having to keep re-organizing your life and priorities. I just
never knew how many times we would have to do that in one life time. LOL

Megan...thank your mom for sticking it out with the dog. Bless you both for such caring hearts.

Vicki...you Koi Pond sounds like it is going to be amazing and right off your porch so you can
enjoy it both visually and hear the sound of running water. Wonderfully soothing for the soul.

Angela...those pretty jars on your table make it worth all the hard work don't they?

Well, my DH just called and he wants to go in to town before dinner...so, I guess I better go
get ready. Chat with you all tomorrow most likely.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 28 2010 6:04:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  5:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Peggy! You are so wonderful! You totally made my day.

Vicki-we have a koi pond too. I love it. We go to the backyard and hear the running water, watch the Koi. It's so relaxing.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page