Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  8:48:27 PM  Show Profile
thank you all of you that were praying for us.....My husband got a job today...He starts in 2 weeks!
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  8:53:11 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry Lin about the company you work for. I hope they find favor in you and Peggy for your son also! So many changes happening out there in the job market! it's hard to know what to expect! Keep your head up high focused on the things from above not things of this world!!!
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  8:56:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Vicki,
Do you still have the great little quilt shop in Etna? I've been there! I used to work for the CCC in Klamath and we had a branch in Montague, we had crews that worked over there......it's a beautiful little valley!
Welcome to the Farmgirl connection's Virtual porch! Grab some of that ice tea if there's any left!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  10:07:47 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, please share your lemon zuchinni bread recipe with us! I just was gifted with 4 zukes and need some recipes. I have a friend who told me how to bake the bread in wide mouth pint jars and can them after they cool. I can have wonderful breads all year round that taste as fresh as the day they were baked! I just wish you could use the quart jars as well, but they have a wider bottom than the top and the pints are wider at the the top than the bottom. She said you can use the quarts if you don't mind eatin the bread from the jar with a spoon, so I may do that anyhow. I don't mind eatin it from the jar. It might be fun to share a jar with my hubby, huddled under a quilt, out on the porch, watchin the snow fall in the porchlight. I am gonna do a few quart jars!

Monica, Congrats!! I know how good it feels to have the security for your family back! My DH has only been workin for a month now, it's made life so much better.

Lin, you will be on my families prayer list. Jobs are so uncertian these days.

Peggy, I will add you son as well. I wish this economy was more stable for everyone.

Megan, I love to watch the storms when they come through here, but I prefer to do it from a distance or when they are mild. Big strong storms scare me quite a bit. We live on a hillside now, so floods and tornados aren't a big worry anymore, which I am grateful for.

I made 2 loaves of apple butter bread tonight and took them to my nephew's party. One was vanilla cream and one was pumpkin and spice, both with apple butter in the batter and an apple butter icing. Everyone said the pumpkin and spice was their favorite, but it needed a little more apple butter in the batter. I'm gonna try increasing the amount in a few days. I have almost 3/4s of a loaf of the vanilla cream left and only 2 pieces of the pumpkin and spice left, so it's an obvious choice. I'll give the family a few days to eat at the leftovers, then I'll freeze them and bake the next trial batch. I also have the cookies to play with, so I need to keep at the recipe game since I only have 2 weeks. I kinda jumped into this game a little close to the end.

Well, I am gonna get ready for bed, I have to say goodbye to my nephew tomorrow. He's leavin in the evening for college and will be comin home a preacher! I am quite proud!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  10:50:15 PM  Show Profile
Staci, I'm so glad you've joined us! How's your photo album filling up....isn't it fun to see all the beautiful faces!! Sounds like you stay very busy with all your activities!!

Marla your marinated mushrooms sound delicious!! I love mushrooms no matter how they're prepared!! Yummmm!!

Vicki, welcome! So happy your here to visit, eat and relax with us! You're so lighthearted and so good to hear of such peacefulness in your life. I'll bet your rug was just beautiful!!

Dana, I'll be thinking about you all and sending prayers your way. Got your beautiful picture today!! You and Buck are gorgeous!! What a neat idea to do postcards!

Sharon I'd also love your lemon zucchini bread recipe!! I can smell it baking!!

Thanks for your prayers and kind words, Peggy! Sorry to hear your son is going through it too! Tough times for alot of people! We'll be fine, one way or the other. Appreciate the comfort from you! Have fun with your granddaughter!! Anxious to hear all about it!! That hummus allergy is pretty severe, isn't it? Whoa....that's crazy! You be careful with that, girl!

Tammy sorry you're having a bum day. Probably that wacky beautiful full moon we have! Happens at our house every single full moon! Glad you came to join us.....great comfort!

Megan, so happy the tornadoes were not close enough to do damage to your area. They are so scary and lightning can be so deadly! So glad you're all safe!

WooHoo, Monica!! Congrats to your hubby !! You both must be elated! Such a relief! Thanks for your good thoughts and reminders regarding my job! Always good to hear!

Angela, your breads sound so good! Congrats to your nephew....how wonderful he chose that career! Heartwarming!

Well, I've got a busy weekend coming up........errands, Flea Market, cooking, laundry, etc, etc! Hope to get to my embroidery and Redwork!! Have several fun projects started, so would love to finish up some of them.
I'll bring some lemonade and chocolate oatmeal cookies for a late night snack! Lin #1873

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  06:21:20 AM  Show Profile
I got here early, because I heard there's some apple pancakes on the porch this morning! I like them hot! LOL!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  12:21:19 PM  Show Profile
Ooh apple pancakes! Sounds yummy! It's finally nice here, not very humid, which I like! I'm going to try and catch up on some reading. My Mom has okayed a yard sale next Saturday, so this week next to my babysitting and basketball, I'll be preparing for that! I'm so excited! Also, school starts in a month!
Lin, I hope you have a productive day! I'll definitely be here for the lemonade and cookies later!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

hour3suns
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Sharon
Frankfort OH
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  1:57:45 PM  Show Profile
Rats - I missed those pancakes! Oh well, I was up and out early for the Farmers Market this morning. Got myself an iced coffee from the coffee guy there and that hit the spot. I had made some lemonade this morning to put out on my table with a pitcher of water and am glad I did that. It's been so hot and humid. One of these days Mother Nature is going to listen and give us a decent rain.

I'm thinking I need to invest in one of those super soakers. Of course, the kids won't know anything about it until after I've powdered up and gotten someone good with it.

Monica, big congratulations to hubby! Bill has applied for a different job around here and I'm hoping he at least gets called for an interview. It would be better for him.

I know I'm not getting to everyone that's been hanging out on the porch, but eventually I'll gett all y'all straight in my head. I'm not a good one with names and always was thankful for a seating chart when I taught school.

I'll list that lemon zucchini bread recipe in the Farm Kitchen area for everyone. The link is http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=44197

Well shoot, I hear hubby has fired up the lawn tractor to get going on that grass. I suppose I should fire up the other one and find a kid to stick on it to give him a hand. Then I'll start figuring out what we're having for dinner. I've been thinking pretty hard about some lamb chops I've had in the freezer.

Smiling & Waving,
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  6:43:29 PM  Show Profile
Evening girls,
I thank you all for the hugs and loving. I am feeling better today. I went to a wedding and who can not love weddings. Just made me appreciate my hubby of 19 years all the more. Came home and told him how much I love him and he smiled. Did someone say there is zucchini bread? Have yall heard of chocolate zucchini bread. Now that is the way to my heart. Give me chocolate and tea.

Peggy hope you are loving your granddaughter to pieces. Lin, praying for your job situation. Dana you are in my prayers too. Angela how do you make apple butter bread? I have never heard of that? Sounds yummy!

I know I missed some of yall I am sorry. I will get it all straight. so I left you some scones and tea to enjoy.

love and blessings
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  11:35:54 PM  Show Profile
I just found a basic quick bread recipe and added in 2 cups apple butter and a package of pumpkin spice jello instant pudding. It gives it an amazing taste. I am workin on perfectin an icing made of apple butter and powdered sugar. I make my apple butter a little tangy, especially when it's crab apple butter, which is all I have right now. So the powdered sugar doesn't make it too sweet.

My DH came in tonight and said 'Let's go to the drive in.' Well, I packed a cooler, threw some food in a picnic basket, popped up half a paper grocery bag of popcorn, and finished up the burgers I was makin and we hit the road. We had burgers, popcorn, pretzels, crackers and cheese, cookies, muffins, and apple butter bread. It was fun, except the baby made it hard to watch the movie. We seen The Sorceror's Apprentice and Grown Ups. It was nice and cool after dark, so I had a hard time keepin my eyes open. Once the baby fell asleep everyone was able to watch the rest of the movie without a little one climbin all over us. I think we're gonna wait till she's older or we can get a sitter before we go agian, but it was nice to get out of the house for a while.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  03:40:22 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Porchies,
I have read through 3 pages of postings since I was last here on Friday and all I can say is that this is an amazing bunch of kind, encouraging, praying, hard-working sisters!

We had Vacation Bible School (VBS) every evening this past week. We do it different from other churches in the area. We go to a local park that is usually inhabited by drug dealers and prostitutes and we take the park over. Each evening some of the men from church go to the park and clean up all of the nasty stuff that accumulates each day. Then the rest of us arrive with a grill, hotdogs & buns, and whatever else someone can donate for food for the neighborhood.

We bring basketballs, a foot ball, soccer balls, sidewalk chalk, face painting, jump ropes, stuff for fun relay races like sacks and eggs, music, conversation, prayers and hugs to a blighted neighborhood. Families who can't allow their children to play in the park for safety reasons come streaming to the park for the evening. We befriend people, listen to their stories, pray with them and love on them. This is our second year of doing this. The park is only 3 blocks from our church and we are committed maing a difference in the community.

One evening I contributed cucumber spears fresh picked from my garden to the VBS diner. Many people asked what they were and said they had never had a cucumber before. A lot came back for seconds so I guess they liked them.

Thursday evening of VBS was the sack race relay race. This is a very culturally diverse neighborhood and I loved watching a Native American child, a hispanic child, a Napalese refugee child and a Sudanese refugee child laughing and playing together. We are havng our Sunday service at that park this morning.

Time to head out to the back proch with a mug of coffee. I have a platter of zucchini chocolate chip muffins to share with you.

Shalom,
Lida
Go to Top of Page

hour3suns
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Sharon
Frankfort OH
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  05:30:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh I just love chocolate zucchini bread! I was thinking about entering that in this year's fair next month. I'm a bonified choc-o-holic! Just can't help myself.

I haven't been to a wedding in forever, but I love them too. I think we have one to go to this fall for someone. Got an invitation for it just last week. Ahhhhh, I remember our wedding. It was 107 degrees in the church - they got air conditioning in their for my sister's wedding the next summer. We had big industrial-type fans blowing air around in there. Needless to say, it didn't make for a good tape recording of the ceremony. Oh well, that was 22 years ago and I have no idea what ever happened to that tape anyways. Memories are better anyways.

Taking Samuel to a county wide 4-H meeting this afternoon. His project was chosen for the State Fair next month and he is super excited about it. It's from the Insects I project where he had to collect 25 insects and mount them.

I suppose it's time to get back down the street and feed my fur & feathers. The heat is coming up and I've got to get things moving. I figure while I'm out there I'll give myself a shower...er, I mean give the horses a bath. The horse flies are wicked nasty and I can't get rid of them.

Smiling & Waving,
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  06:58:24 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hi Everybody!
I am up way too early for a Sunday morning but now that I am up and about how about some morning tea?

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  1:07:00 PM  Show Profile
Well I missed the morning tea but I brought afternoon tea. I am taking a day of rest. It feels good to be home and just hanging out with the family. I think everyone needs a day like that. Angela your recipe for apple butter bread sounds delicious. Sharon your wedding sounds like mine. It was 108 degrees and I nearly melted but it was worth it. I hope yall are having a great afternoon. I believe I will take my tea to my living room and watch a movie

blessings and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  2:55:22 PM  Show Profile
Lida, your bible school sounds fun! I'll have to look into it next summer, as I think it's already over at my church.
Angela, sounds like you had a fun family date! I hope you and your hubby will be able to go back just the two of you.
Well, last night I gathered more items for my yard sale. I'm not really looking to make money, just to get rid of stuff that has been cluttering my room for a while. I'm off to catch up on summer reading, as school starts a month from yesterday!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  3:55:03 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies - if there are any scones left, I've got dibs - love them!
I'm working on iced tea right now and they'd go good together. It's gonna be a hectic week here, the fair starts tomorrow and I already have a list of things that need picked up for the food stand. It never fails how well I plan -there is always, always something I forget.
We were doing final prep/set-up and cleaning this afternoon and had a wicked storm kick-up. Lightening, thunder, the whole works. Cups, lids, soup crackers were blowing everywhere. Sometimes all you can do is laugh. The running joke in the area is - no matter how dry the summer is - it WILL rain fair week. And it's usually true. Good thing is it helps keep the dust down.

I've got the entries ready for the photo and art contests to be dropped off tomorrow. Then on Tuesday, my daughter is entering an item in the Hershey's Chocolate Chip Baking contest - she won 2nd in that a few years ago and enjoys it. I'm entering "Mounds" coconut/chocolate scones in the adult baked goods category. Hopefully we'll bring some ribbons and a little cash home again this year. But it's fun just entering.

Lida - your VBS sounds incredible - what a witness. I'm gonna tell our children's pastor about that and see if we can't do something similar next year. I love how everyone is involved. A lot of men don't feel they have anything to offer and even just cleaning up and helping with the food would be such a great opportunity.

Angela - we love the drive-in. Haven't been able to make it yet this year, but you have me thinking we need to try a little harder to get there. Our kids aren't getting any younger and before we know it, they'll be gone. It's a great family memory.

Megan - good luck with the yard sale. I've been wanting to have one for a year or two. I have a section of my attic that is all yard-sale stuff - it just gets too hot up there to want to mess with it in the summer and then I forget. Maybe after school starts....hmmmm...I'll have to think about that.

Hi Lin! - I love meeting you on the porch and yes, my album is starting to fill up. I love it. Thanks again for such a lovely place to put all the lovely faces.

Sharon, thanks for posting the recipe - if I can figure out my new printer, I'm gonna try to get it today.

Hope you all have a great week. I may not have all your names down yet, but God knows who you all are when I pray for blessings on my friends on the porch.
Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Jul 25 2010 3:57:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  4:31:53 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Lida,
What a wonderful way to spread the love of Jesus. Imagine someone not knowing what a cucumber is and the reason that they don't. So often we get caught up in our everyday lives and forget there are people less fortunate than we are. Those little children will look back as adults and remember the good feelings they had playing with each other and hopefully the seed you planted will make a diference in their precious lives. I pray for you and your church for the good that you do. To God give the Glory in All things.

My tomatoes are starting to ripen. I'm sure I'll be up to my eyeballs all at once and canning like a maniac very shortly. I planted 30 plants and they are loaded. Plus everything else.

Any of you sisters who want to get in on the photo swap we're doing come join. It's wonderfful to put a face with the name. I started my album and I can't stop looking at it.

Lin...prayers for your job. Remember when God closes one door he opens another. Been there sister. Happened to me in December and at my age it isn't all that easy. They say there isn't age discrimination...trust me there is. When you're older you get relegated to the jobs they assume you can do and of course if they can hire someone with less experience they can pay them less and on and on. There is a mushroom company that I just found and they sell to the public if you walk in off the street but they don't encourage it because they want you to suport their stores. Well I bought 5lbs of stuffers that were 4-5 inches across for $8.75. I stuffed some with crab,fried in olive oil and garlic and then I marinated some. I cut thm up and put them in a glass jar. Then I made Good Seasoning dry dressing with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and poored it on and then added some crushed red pepper and put it in th frig. They were wonderful. I added more mushrooms after we ate them all because ther was more dressing. We ate them today and there is still a little dressing left so I'm going to try eggplant. I could eat mushrooms all day everyday.

Dana...Prayers your way.

Peg...Prayers for your son. I;m sure you're just loving you GD to pieces. You'll just have to wear a red hat or scarf or both when you peddle off on Lucy. I left my hair grow out and it is white gray also. People ask me what color my hair is. They think I dye it platinum. LOL

Welcome new porchies...you're gonna love it here!

Mushrooms, zucchinni casserole,turkey wings and legs and strawberry shortcake with blueberries coming to th porch.

Prayers for my GD Aryanna...Mommy just took her to the ER with a 103.9 temp. Scarey! Thanks in advance.

Sister #1922

Blessings,
Darlene

Prayer...When you can no longer stand...Kneel!

Sharon...When we had our horses we would spay Avon Skin So Soft on them and it helped with those nasty flies.

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  9:46:41 PM  Show Profile
I have been so busy today. We got a call from a friend who was out racing this weekend and he needed help. He blew the motor of his race car! We spent the morning there but never got the car runnin. Then my dad called, his truck hasn't been workin and he needed to go to the store. He had to have everything stocked up for when he comes home from his surgery. I am tryin to get all my laundry, dishes, cleanin, and organizin done tonight cause I wan't be home tomorrow. I have to be at the hospital by 11:30 and will be there till 5:00. I then have to go by a friends house on the way home, she is givin me a bucket of cucumbers, some zucchini, and some melons! Then I have to get busy makin pickles, shreddin zucchini for the freezer, and decidin what to do with the extra melons! Maybe they can be made into jelly?

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  10:06:17 PM  Show Profile
Lida, I love your Park VBS, that's wonderful! I hope you get to do it every year! What a blessing! and the barn that stores wheelchairs, etc...what a ministry that is! It's so fun to read about all the things all the women do on a daily basis on here! It amazes me!
God's work amazes me!
Angela, your stories are very fun to read!You are so busy, I feel like I have to take a break after reading some of the stuff all you do every day! I'm still trying to catch up on all the stories on here this last week...the porch is expanding beyond numbers and I love it!
It's so fun to see all you new farmgirls join the porchies.
To hear all that canning, 4-H, Fair entries....that's so fun also! And what about the photo swap, I'll have to go check it out...what a great idea to put together a book with all the photos...when I first saw that swap I was, why would anyone want a picture of me..LOL! But when you say, you're putting the photo in a book with everyone's name next to it..what a great idea!!! I would love to put a face to a name!
Anyone want a little chocolate for a midnight snack? I couldn't sleep, the girls just came home for an overnight stay, so I'm wide away now! I am going to attempt to go crawl back in bed and get some shut eye! Goodnight Moon!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  10:09:49 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening Porchies...I had the most amazing time with my Grand-daughter and she just let me love on her until my heart was content. She was so much fun. I will be going back in August to take care of her for a weekend and I couldn't be happier about it! Thanks so much girls for adding my son to your thoughts and prayers about his job. We won't know anything for a couple months when the new company takes over. My DIL has had 5 interviews with one company in Seattle and that looks like she will get that job. I think she should know this coming week.

Staci...the Mounds /coconut-chocolate scones sound fantastic. After you enter them and win your blue ribbon maybe we can talk you into sharing the Recipe with us.

Angela...I haven't been to a drive-in since I was a kid. I don't even think we have any around here but I might be wrong. I remember when I was a kid some neighbors offered to take my brother and I to a drive-in and my parents allowed us to go but I didn't know the neighbors were going to sneak all us kids in by putting us in the trunk of their car. The movie was the horror show called The House of Usher but I was more freaked out over being locked in the trunk for 10 to 15 minutes with four other kids than I was over the movie. LOL

Megan...how did your yard sale go? Did you get rid of the stuff you wanted and make a little spending money? Yard Sales are a lot of work but they can be fun if you enjoy conversing with people and you make a little pocket jingle too.

Lida - our old church that we use to attend would hold a Sunday Church Service once each summer and we had our praise team (very contemporary)play and sing an extra long time, then preaching & communion and then a Potluck. We would all bring a lot of extra food and any one in the park was welcome to join us for our meal and service. It was also a known drugger and homeless kids park. So I loved hearing about your Church doing the VBS in the Park. Awesome idea. W attend a much larger church now and they do even more community out reach...which my husband and I really love.

Darlene...I pray that your grand- daughter's fever broke and that she is doing so much better.
You are right I will have to wear a Red scarf or something flashy when I am out riding
Lucille.

Well, Ladies I am tired but I just had to take a few minutes and spend with you on the porch before I go unpack my bags and rest from my trip.

Hey Pam...is there any tea left girlfriend? Hope you have a Great New Week at work.

Blessings,

~peggy

`

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  10:14:20 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, prayers for your Granddaughter! Hope she's better soon! Staci you're so sweet! and Dana I hope everything is alright...I didn't go back far enough to see what your prayers were needed for, but God knows..so prayers for you! Peggy, I know you're visiting your granddaughter and having a great time I'm sure, I know you were tired before you left and a little under the weather, I hope all went well with your trip and your health bounced back! All of you are so darn precious on here! If I didn't mention your name it's not that you're not thought of! I always say this virtual porch is the best! You girls that started it had some insight!!! I really am going to bed now!!! Pleasant Dreams!!!
Go to Top of Page

hour3suns
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Sharon
Frankfort OH
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  03:18:44 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. The sun is rising and the roosters are waking everyone up. Even the birds are out there tweeting and twittering. We actually had a bit of rain yesterday morning. It came down hard and didn't last long, but at least it was wet. The garden has pretty much failed me this year and that's disappointing. Between it being so wet around here the beginning of the summer to where the garden was under water and then drying up to us getting almost no rain at all I can't even work the ground. It's a brick. It's a disappointment, but I'm looking forward to planting some cool weather veggies.

Last night I woke up with a horrendous charlie horse. Holy smokes! My leg is still sore where it reared up. Haven't had one of those in a long time. I've always been told it's from a lack of potassium so I may force some bananas down today to see if that helps banish them.

I sure would love to go to a drive-in. Not many of those around anymore. We used to do that when I was younger and it was always lots of fun. Only way I see one now is if I'm watching that movie Grease, which by the way is my all time favorite corny movie.

Alright, got to get a move on. I'll be off the porch for a few days taking care of some business that needs taking care of. Will have plenty to catch up on when I get back I'm sure. In the meantime, enjoy some of these lemon wafer cookies with whatever all y'all come up with to drink and beat back the heat with.

Smiling & Waving,
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  06:13:18 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Peggy-I'm glad you had a great time with your grand daughter. Fingers crossed for your DIL.

Sharon-Ouch for the charlie horse! I hope you are doing okay this morning. The pups got me up this morning to go our and get their morning treat and are now snuggled next to me sleeping. I have to get Mark up soon, he is teaching drum camp this week to kids from 5-12. While he is away, I am gonna clean the house. Right now is me and my porchies time. I'll put the kettle on for tea.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  07:45:11 AM  Show Profile
try some gatorade for that charlie horse.....or some other brand of drink with enzymes in it! The pediatrist told me that and it works great....they can be caused from dehydration, but you can't get enough water to stop it unless you drink something with enzymes in it...so drink both....now I mix a gatorade type drink everyday along with my water intake and other fluids, haven't had one of those mean charlie horses since!
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  08:23:52 AM  Show Profile
Morning ladies!
Just wanted to stop in this busy day and see how everyone was doing. Darlene, I hope your GD's fever is gone and she is home. Sending up prayers for Aryanna and all the job needs.
I'm baking scones tomorrow and I'll set some out for you all. stay cool.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page