Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  9:43:06 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, you will be in my prayers over the next few days!
Today I babysat my cousins, and boy, they wore me out! The weather was mostly grim, it never rained, but it was cooler and not a lot of sun. Hopefully tomorrow will be a nicer day. Yet again, my rummage has been put on hold. Grr! I don't know if it will even happen until after school starts! Oh well! Tomorrow will just a be a day to relax. And get caught up on chores at my house!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  9:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy...My son had the same illness. He lost 16lbs in 4 days. He was so sick and weak. Just rest all you can and drink alot of fluids. The salad is a hoot...they never get it do they? You could have said anything to dear old hubby...he wouldn't have been able to hear you! LOL!

Sharon...Lucky girl...could have been a terrible disaster. Now for some motherly advice...BE CAREFUL!

I'm bringing mocha frappes and cantalope 1/2s filled with fresh blueberries and strawberries topped with whipped cream.
Running to you....

Blessings,
Darlene
Sister 1922

The road to a friends house is never to long!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  01:04:08 AM  Show Profile
Man, Darlene...I got to the Porch just in time! I can at least drink a Mocha Frappe...it will feel great on my throat and Yummy besides! ...Yeah, that Salad is still sitten in the Frig!
Anyone hungry? LOL
I must admit the heavy doses of anti-biotic the Dr. prescribed really made a huge difference! I was able to stay out of bed most of today. Now, it has gone in to a dry hacking cough. My voice is back but deep and raspy. But really I do feel better. Well, I wish I had the weight loss your son had...then at least I'd feel like something good came from being so sick! LOL Your son probably doesn't think like that...but I know you women get what I mean!
We discovered today that our oldest GD set my husband's Calendar on his cell-phone to go off at a certain time every day for the next 16 days. LOL So, we had a little pranking going on while GM was sick. It was funny though! Kinda made up for the Salad thing.

Pam...you went and got more adorable today huh? I love pampering days. If you're like me you don't get them often enough! But it always makes me feel so good! Usually I cut my own hair, because I know how and because it saves money...but it isn't the same at all. It's work! For Mother's Day my youngest son gave me a Virtual Gift Certificate for a facial at Paul Mitchell's in Portland...and I still haven't made it there yet. Each time we plan to go, either my fibro flares, or he ends up having to work one of his employees shifts or it's my husbands day off and he wants me to do something with him.
But one of these days I have that treat just a waiting for me...
calling my name! Hope I get to use it before next Mother's Day.

Megan...you are so sweet! I just appreciate and am so comforted by each and every prayer on my behalf. So thank you! Just like
my facial...one of these days you ARE going to have that Yard Sale! The weather will cooperate...some day!

Ruth...so glad you popped in tonight. Don't wait so long in between visits...then you have so much to catch up on! We're a bunch of busy bee's and life happens so quickly... then we move on to more things to talk about, funny (or NOT so funny) stories to share and things to laugh and cry about. You miss a couple days and Angela has 10 more gardens canned up or put in the freezer! Carrie's killed a million more skeeters and swapped a thousand more stories, and Monica's dog wants the whole neighborhood to hold him! You gotta keep-up girlfriend cuz Pam may go for a Mohawk next time!

Can You All Tell Iam Feelen Better? At least my sense of humor is still in tact!

OK, I'm closing this chapter of My Book tonight...(you probably all rejoiced with my husband when I lost my voice didn't ya ...now be honest!)

Nightie Night Girlfriends,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 07 2010 01:23:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  08:56:54 AM  Show Profile
Peggy! Your hilarious! I have been freezin my green beans and tomato pulp. I have my okdest DDs 16th birthday party today, so I've been cookin and bakin for days. I still have to ice the cake, after I make the icing! My DD wants my deluxe burgers, so I've been makin up the meat. I mix french onion soup mix, ranch dressing soup mix, and shredded cheese in the meat. After it sits in the frodge overnight you add 2 eggs to hold it together better and let that chill in the fridge for a few hours. Then you can patty it up and grill it. She also wanted homemade baked beans, cause canned isn't good enough. Plus homemade mac&cheese with homemade noodles! And of course the mashed potatoes have to be the real ones, red skinned with the skins left on when they're mashed. Oh! And don't forget the corn on the cob, and it has to be grilled, not boiled! I have these girls so spoiled! They don't even like eatin out anymore, 'cause it tastes fake' they say! She wanted me to make rolls too, but I told her she brought that request up too late for me to do. She asked for them this morning and the party is at 5:00 tonight!

I guess I have to get to the garden and dig some more potatoes and a few onions for the burgers! Gotta run!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  09:38:33 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Peggy! Glad to hear you are doing a little better.

Angela-I'll be right over! YUM! My hubby puts bacon and cheese into the hamburgers-they are so good! Happy Birthday to your daughter. We have friends coming into town from Canada today. They are spending a few days here then we are going to the coast. They are driving down Hwy 101 to San Francisco-I love that drive and have been telling great places to stop. Does anyone else know some great local farms heading that way?

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  09:48:10 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I sure hope so!
Angela, have a wonderful time at your daughter's party! In my family, birthdays are always causes for celebrations!
Today I'm going to catch up on reading, and I really also need to go to the post office! I'll be using most of my babysitting money, but I babysit again on Sunday, and then three times again next week! Whoo, that's a lot. Have good days ladies!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  11:47:23 AM  Show Profile
Peggy so glad to hear you are doing better.

Angela I will be right over. LoL. Tell your daughter to have a very Happy Birthday! Sounds like its going to be a great party. And I will check out that site for the produce. Never hurts to try.

I am a little under the weather today so I am going to take it easy today. Read a book, or work on my cross stitch, maybe watch a really mushy movie. We all need a day off once in a while. Hubby will grill some dinner tonight. We went to the farmers market this morning so have some fresh corn (mine is not ready yet) and newly dug fingerling potatos.

On that note can't believe that summer is already drawing to a close. School here starts back up in 2 more weeks. So getting sons school supplies ready and need to do some sewing for one of my granddaughters before she goes back to school. Think I will make her some jumpers. Made her a jacket last year and mothers of her classmates started asking me if I could make for their girls. Lol I barly find the time to sew for family.

Well ladies have a nice day. Take some time to slow down to enjoy some summer before it slips away from us. Pull up a chair. Put your feet up. Feel the warm breeze. Smell the flowers. Hear the bees buzz. We can work another day.

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  12:32:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
I have been missing yall like crazy. I have been trying to get my classroom ready as we start in two weeks and our county fair is coming up this week so have lots to help boys get ready. I have been working in my herb garden and found some more today at the local nursury at half off. I was excited. I have never been one who had a green thumb but herbs are forgiving of those who are learning along the way. :)

Peggy I hope you are feeling better today. I have been praying for you.

The rest of you dear ones, You are in my prayers and thoughts too. I m going to have my afternoon tea and work on some things for my class and then to church. I am in the comtemporary choir and we are in charge of worship this week.

blessings yall
hugs
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  8:14:45 PM  Show Profile
Marla, I know a lady at my DDs school trades for her sewing. She says that the person wantin something sewed has to come over and clean and cook for her so she can spend the day sewin for them. She actually gets alot of people agree to it. They provide the material and she gives them her recipes for dinner that night when they come over. They have to be there at 10am and she has instructions for her laundry posted over her washer. She gets a day sewin and a clean house plus dinner cooked for her! You might consider that deal with people.

I had a great cookout and everyone raved about everything. I also have my blue ribbon here at home from the fair! My DH is gonna have it framed and hang it in the kitchen. I love that guy!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  9:24:13 PM  Show Profile
I love the idea about the swapping a skill for a skill....Angela, that is so smart of that friend of yours that trades sewing for laundry and dinner....genius!
Learn something every day on here...

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose (Farmgirl# 1780) whoohoo!http://mysistersgardenofthetreasurecoast.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2010 :  10:48:31 PM  Show Profile
Angela, glad you had a good day with family!
Today was a day just the way I like my Saturdays: relaxed! My Mom and I watched Shutter Island, which was so amazing! You have to pay attention, otherwise you will get confused! But I loved it. Leonardo DiCaprio is one of my favorite actors, so already I'm biased:)
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2010 :  4:39:34 PM  Show Profile
Greetings Porchies,
My busiest week of the year is now behind me, thank you God! I worked a lot of hours, spoke about disabilities minstries at a conference, attended a Christian leadership conference, participated in the regional MS bike ride and preached at my church this morning. After church I took a nap and then got up and did some canning. I discovered that my canner is much more efficient if I use the base from the outdoor turkey fryer rather than the ceramic burners on my kitchen stove. I canned 14 pints of strawberry jam and 3 quarts of blueberries. I had frozen the strawberries for making jam this fall but discovered that I needed the freezer space, so I made the jam today. Most of the jam is for Christmas gifts.

I met an amazing and inspiring woman on the MS bicycle ride yesterday. I road as a volunteer sweep rider on the 30 mile route. Being the sweep rider means that I have to ride behind the slowest rider on the route to be there if someone has mechanical or other oroblems. For the last 15 hilly miles I road behind or along side an 82 year old woman. She has been bicycling in the MS rides since 1990 and always road the 100 mile routes until 2 years ago. She has only missed one ride in 20 years and that was 3 years ago when she fell and broke her hip and femmur while on vacation in Paris. Since the fall she "only" rides the 25-30 mle routes! She also still cross country skiis and hikes in the Adirondack Mountains. She is energetic and sweet!

Angela- our DD's birthday party menu sounds great! I won't mention it to my 15 year old!

Peggy- gotta chuckle about one of the grands setting the cell phone alarm. You have 16 days to focus your thoughts on her whenever the alarm sounds! I'm glad that you are feeling better finally. When do you babysit the younger GC?

It is time for a book and a rocker on the porch. There is some frozen strawberry lemonade in the pitcher. Enjoy!

Lida
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2010 :  7:42:28 PM  Show Profile
Wow, it was quiet on the porch today... Hmmm... Well, I babysat today, then I babysit again for the next two days, and then I'm free for the rest of the week! I go to State Fair on Thursday with friends, then babysit again on Friday, but I have two whole days in a row, and Friday I don't even have to babysit all day!
Lida, that woman inspires me! Older people really are inspirational!
Gods' Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2010 :  9:41:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies...I am still feeling rather punk! I had one day where I felt pretty good and then the next 3 days
I feel bad again. My DH thinks I am just over doing but I don't know.

Today, I didn't make it to Church again, I over slept due to my cold/flu. My husband and I went out and did a couple of errands and then he dropped me off at home and he went in to work for awhile! While I was home, I cut some parsley out of my garden...shared it with a few neighbors and then came in and dried some in the micro-wave. It holds that beautiful green color when you dry it that way and it is quick! The washing, pre-drying and cutting off the stems takes longer than the drying. Then I had some bananas that were over ripe so I made two large Loaves of Banana Nut Bread. I also did some Photography. My neighbor has a beautiful velvety Red Rose that is so gorgeous...I just had to photograph it. And then The Plant that our Son gave my husband to plant in memory of our Dog Sterling is in full glorious Bloom and so I shot that too. I think my favorite subject matter to Photograph are Flowers.

Thank you everyone who prayed for my DIL to get employment in Seattle. She got the job she wanted, after 7 interviews with the Company and at much higher wage than she had in Michigan. Which is a huge blessing because Seattle is a more expensive place to live than Michigan is. Now, if my son doesn't lose his job with his company being bought-out...it will be a miracle. He works in HR and that is usually the first department to go
when a company is bought out.

Well girls, I am so tired but I am bringing some Banana Nut Bread and chilled Green Tea and my tired bones to the Porch tonight for some companionship. I don't feel too chatty but I'll let you all talk and I'll listen!

Hugs & Blessings,
Peggy

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

hour3suns
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Sharon
Frankfort OH
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  04:47:56 AM  Show Profile
Gosh Lida, memories sure came back about when I rode the MS 150 from Greenville, NC years ago - sans children. I was that one...you know, the one that was right in front of the weenie van...yeah, the VERY last one. The one that kept thinking, "I think I can, I think I can," while peddling oh so painfully to get to the next stop. Oh yeah, I can feel the charlie horses flaring up ;-)

We made it through our busy weekend. Samuel showed his project at the State Fair. He did a great job and we are very proud of him. Didn't get the big fancy purple ribbon or the coveted clock trophy, but nontheless we are thrilled for him. Nicholas raced his pinewood derby car at the State Fair also and got the 2nd place trophy for the Wolves age group and placed 3rd in the State so he's pretty full of himself right now.

Yesterday I had the weed eater out in the pond pasture munching down those weeds underneith the fence line so we can (had better) get that electric fence wire up this week. I know you thought you heard a chain saw going at our place but it was the weed eater. I may not have the stomach of a teenager anymore, but at least I can haul that thing around and get the job done. Er, almost done. A bit more to finish up today.

Today Samuel shows his Mille Fleur d'Uccle chickens at the county fair. Last year he placed 4th. No matter where he places we're happy he's doing it. They both have chickens in the open class also and that's judged at 9.

Ok, gotta get off the porch and feed fur & feathers. I can hear the roosters crowing, the sheep yelling at me, and the geese are probably at the door telling me to get out there. I hope everyone is feeling better, classrooms are being put to rights for the impending student stampede, and everyone enjoyed the 16th birthday party.

Smiling & Waving,
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  09:01:20 AM  Show Profile
Tammy and Sharon...Can't believe how early school starts where you guys live. I think our kids
go back to school the first week in Sept. After the Holiday.

Sharon...good for your kids getting active entering various venues at the Fair. Our County Fair is
going on right now...I use to always take the kids and I quite enjoyed it myself...but now I hate
fighting the crowds and the price for one person to spend the day at our Fair, with parking, admission,
and maybe the purchase of a small gift item and eating lunch is easily a $100.00 I don't know how
Families do it anymore...they must save all year just to go to the Fair. It just shouldn't cost that
much! And it use to be when I took my kids, once you got in ALL venues were free except the rides &
carnival. But now...every show cost separately, like if they have Country Western Entertainers etc.

You Two have a great time getting your class rooms ready for school. I went out yesterday and bought
me some new office supplies (my version of back to school shopping). I miss buying pencils, pens, note
books, etc. So...every year when the school supplies come out...I go buy mine! Hee Hee!

blessings & hugs,
Peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 09 2010 09:04:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  7:06:51 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I think now's the best time for anybody, since a few weeks into August, everything gets to be massively on sale!
Today wasn't such a bad day babysitting. My Nanu took my cousins and I down to Lake Michigan to ride our bikes and play on the beach, so it wasn't just me all day. I have to start getting ready for school, too! Agg!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  12:36:42 AM  Show Profile
Oh Megan my dear...we know you have been chomping at the bit to get back to school! LOL You are one of
those people who just have a great enthusiasm for learning and that is awesome. Those are special times
that you can never get back once you graduate...so enjoy every minute of it. In a blink of an eye all those
those days will all be behind you and you will wonder where they went!

You Are A Sweetie! Enjoy Life To The Fullest...as the Bible tells us...it is merely a vapor!

Blessings & Hugs,
Peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 10 2010 08:00:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  06:01:52 AM  Show Profile
thinking of all of...only have one working wing right now...tendonitis has set in and it's a severe case...can't really sit,stand,lay..it hurts!
taking my test tomorrow for my state job..need prayer that it will work so i can even drive there..my car is a clutch and it's my right wing!
hope you all have a great week! I owe a couple of pics..I'll get them to you soon...I haven't forgotten you!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose (Farmgirl# 1780) whoohoo!http://mysistersgardenofthetreasurecoast.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  07:04:33 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Sorry I've been a little MIA lately. I have had friend in town and then there is also work drama going on. I'm so glad that I can come here and just breathe.

Healing vibes coming your way Monica.Take it easy!

Peggy-how are you feeling?

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  08:16:33 AM  Show Profile
Monica...poor girl what did you do to yourself? I will be praying for a quick healing. That just sounds painful! Come up here on the Porch and stretch out on the Porch Swing or The Glider and let me get a couple of throws and pillows for you. Goodness, how about a hot cup of tea? You need some major loving on...girl! Where better to come than the Porch?

Pam...hope you had a delightful time with your friend! It's OK if we don't hear from you for a couple days if you are out there having a good time, taking some RnR, or doing some major fun stuff.
I will be praying for your work situation girlfriend!

Hey Farm Sisters if people are out there hurting and needing some TLC and Loven, we expect NO cases of MIA. We want to be there for each and everyone of our Porchies who need some extra compassion, sympathy, understanding, empathy, a little nursing, a shoulder to cry on, girlfriend hugs, OR someone just to listen...then this is the place to come (after you've taken it to God and you just need Him with Skin on). WE ARE ALL HERE FOR EACH OTHER! I have always believed that LOVE IS THE ANSWER...no matter what the question!

Hugs, Prayers & Blessings Coming Your Way,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 10 2010 08:21:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  10:27:25 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies! I think I'll actually be able to be at home for a bit now. My dad finally got his surgery after about a hundred tests and false starts. He is doin great and wants to come home, but they said wednesday or thursday. They want him to stay till monday. With my dad, that's not gonna happen! When he lost his leg they said he'd be in the hospital at least a month more likely 2 months. He came home after 2 1/2 weeks! My DD went and spent the night with my mom last night to help get the house ready for him to come home. All the rugs have to be washed and put in the closet, furniture moved away from the center of the room, and the bedroom needs cleared out. When he's on crutches he needs clear floors. I'm gettin him a carryall bag ready to help move stuff from room to room. It's a camo patterned round bag with longer straps, so he can carry it around his neck or over the top of the crutches.

I am hopin with my mom workin only part time now, I shouldn't be needed except for the occasional drs appointments. My house is a dissaster and my freezer is gettin low. I need some time to work on my place for a while. I'm gonna feed the leftovers in the fridge to the family and animals today so I can get it sorted and see what's actually in that fridge. I think I still have what I need to cook and bake, except for milk which is always runnin out, but you can barely see in that thing!

I did manage to get them to harvest the onions and most of the taters and squash this weekend. So I have bunches of them layin out on the porch curin. Now I need my milk crates washed and dried so I can start puttin stuff in the basement. I also need to get the chicken coop cleaned up, so I guess it's a busy day for me!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  1:29:29 PM  Show Profile
Peggy-hope you're feeling better, just take it easy and rest. Glad to hear about your DIL's job too, what a stress reliever

Monica-Tendonitis is miserable. I get it each time I have a baby and end up having to take a steroid pack to get rid of it

Angela-I'm so happy your dad is doing so well. Sound's like he's a feisty one and that's always a good sign

My hubby's nieces came up to visit us for the week (they're 12 and 16). We pay them each summer to come up and do a BUNCH of weeding and then they hang out for the rest of the time. My almost 3 yr old just adores them and it gives me a break from being the entertainment committee. We went to the water park, shopping, and a baseball game. It's definitely been a fun week. As a bonus, I got a ton of lemons from my MIL's tree so I'll be makin' tons of lemonade for the porch this week

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Aug 10 2010 1:29:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  3:06:20 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies,
It is so hot here. Feels like a sauna. I don't know where it is written that heat and fairs must go together.

Monica, take it easy. Hope you feel better soon.

angela so glad your dad is doing so well.

Peggy you make me smile. I just love your warm hugs and loving you give us. It is like you are a mama to us all.

I am taking a break working on some things for my classroom. Just wanted to sit here for few minutes. Hope all ofyou are having a wonderful day.

hugs and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  9:11:11 PM  Show Profile
So much for my busy day at home. The baby was super fussy and then she started gettin sick everytime she ate anything. I took her in town to the library for some a/c thinkin she was just too hot. That didn't help. I brought her home and her dad saw her throw a super huge fit and said she was holdin her tummy. He insisted on takin her to the er. Well, she has an ear infection and a stomache virus. They put her on some pretty strong antibiotics and double dose ibuprofen. She's still fussy, but kept down some fruit and a little juice. Hopefully she'll go to sleep soon and feel a little better tomorrow.

I guess I'll try to talk my 10y/o through the chores tomorrow while I try to keep the baby as calm and comfortable as possible.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page