Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  11:49:13 PM  Show Profile
Dana...I have been thinking about you Farmgirl...how are you doing? When God has brought you to mind...I just
sent a little prayer up on your behalf. It is so hard to lose a parent and it's a loss you never get over. I don't think I have heard you mention your mom before. Is she still alive?

Angela...I hope the little one is less fussy tomorrow. Good thing your dad is doing better since the baby came down with something. Don't you wish you could just trade places with them or make all their hurts go away? Poor little thing!

Tammy...it is funny that you said that about me being like a mama to everyone on the porch. I managed a Christian Book Store for about 8 years and I hired a lot of College Students to work P.T. hours in the store. And I felt like I was always having to get on them about emptying the trash, breaking down cardboard, cleaning up their own messes in the break room etc; the sort of stuff I would have to get on my own kids about. One day I left a note on My Office Message Board telling them that I wasn't their Mama and they needed to clean up after themselves. And the first College Employee that came in that day to work, came out from the Office and the first words out of his mouth were, "Yeah, you sorta are our Mama!" LOL I said, "Yeah, I guess you're right!" I had great young people that worked for me and they were always asking me my opinion or advice or listening to my life experiences. We all were like a Big Family...just like us Porchies are! :+)

Blessings & Hugs,
Peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  06:37:53 AM  Show Profile
Peggy-thanks for the prayers, I'm still pretty depressed but I know it will take time. My mom and dad have been separated for about 10 years. To put it politely, she's not a very nice person. One of her first comments was asking for a death certificate so she could claim his social security. I still do the dutiful daughter thing and call her once a week but we don't get along very well. Luckily she lives in Ohio with my brother so he has to deal with her

Angela-Hope the antibiotics kick in quickly...boor little baby; I hate seeing little ones sick

Up early and enjoying a cup of coffee in quiet before the troops wake up and the day really begins. Hubby's working swing today so he won't be going in until 10:30. I like having these days thrown into his regular schedule. It feels like he's home half the day instead of being gone all day (he works 4 11hr days) I hope everyone has a beautiful day and stays cool!

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Aug 11 2010 06:38:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  11:32:57 AM  Show Profile
Ooh Angela, your baby girl will be in my prayers!
Peggy, thank you so much! I just bought my textbooks this morning, and got my schedule, so it's becoming more and more real as each day passes.
I'm going to hopefully get some reading done today. I've finished one of my library books, so that's always good!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  12:03:12 PM  Show Profile
I am so tired this mornin. The heat is makin it impossible to sleep. The baby wound up fallin asleep at 1:30 in her sisters room on the floor. My DH put a window a/c unit in there for them to use till the heat breaks. He is gonna put the baby's bed in there tonight. The baby is feelin a good bit better after gettin some sleep. She even went out to play in the rain this afternoon and chased the ducks. She's nappin now, so I can get the chickens done and maybe a little tomato pickin.

I guess the illness thing is goin through the porch. We will have to add all the names to our prayer list.

I guess I need to get busy while the baby is sleepin.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  12:28:05 PM  Show Profile
Dana...I can relate to the Not Nice Mom Thing! But my heart goes out to you on the Depression and grieving.
Makes it even harder since your dad was the one you were closest to. I'm so sorry! I really miss my
Dad too. Nine years this Oct. but I have really good memories to focus on. Even once you think you
have passed through all the stages of grief...out of the blue something will happen that will catch
you off guard and you'll just probably instantly cry and feel the pain afresh. For me it was the first
Father's Day with out him. I walked through the Father's Day Cards in the store where I worked and it
just instantly hit me...this will be the first time in over 50 yrs...I don't have my Dad to buy a
Card for, or to tell him how much I love and appreciate him. And then I just burst into tears! (just a
tender little warning that you too will experience those moments that come out of left field and just
almost bring you to your knees...again!) I keep you in my prayers my friend! God Bless You!

Angela...glad the baby got some sleep and is feeling a little bit better today. Sounds like your hubby is a
really good daddy too. I admire that in a man! They aren't all that way. Mommies either for that matter
but I can tell that you two really put your kids well being first and lovingly so.

Megan...what day do you start back to school? I went and bought me some more school supplies yesterday! LOL
Thought of you and Channah, and some of our Teacher Farmgirls...all getting those classrooms ready for
the First Day of School. Exciting Days but makes Fall seem closer and closer and I still want more
summer to enjoy. We will finally be getting hot weather here starting Friday and in to next Tuesday.
I am ready for it!

You girls who have been getting hot weather probably think I am crazy but I love warm weather and am praying for a Beautiful Indian Summer Too...so the gardens will continue to produce both veggies and flowers! And also,
because I am not ready for The Rain, we call Winter here.

Anyone bring anything good to the Porch to nibble on??? I still have 1/2 loaf of Banana Nut Bread if anyone
would like some. I'll check back later!

blessings & hugs,
~peggy

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 11 2010 12:31:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  1:35:28 PM  Show Profile
I start on the 25th of August. My rugby practices start next Tuesday, so that'll be fun. I've always imagined what it's like for teachers to get ready for back to school. It must be fun, though!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  7:18:54 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the healing vibes and prayers and thoughts and words of concern...so sweet all of you! My tendonitis is getting so much better, I can sit here and rock on the porch tonight without excrutiating pain..still giving me some trouble but soooooo much better.I even managed to sit through my test this morning, I'll let you know if I made it to an interview or not!
Was wondering how I was going to finish all my projects.....there's hope now!!
Hope all of you are doing well.......will catch up more later...don't want to over use this arm!
Blessings to all of you!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose (Farmgirl# 1780) whoohoo!http://mysistersgardenofthetreasurecoast.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  8:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Dana...You have been on my mind so often. There is no love more pure than that of a loving parent and the loss of that never goes away. It gets easier but because it never goes away it keeps them close to our hearts. One day out of the blue I reached for the phone to call my Father and just lost it. He had been gone for many years by then. About 3 weeks ago I brought out another phone I hadn't been using and when I hit the wrong button it brought up my saved numbers. It still had my Mothers number programedin. You know I had to dial it...Lost it again! Know you are in my thoghts and prayers. You are not alone.

Angela...I'm glad your little one is better. Poor little angel.

Peggy...I got your beautiful picture and we do look like we could be real sisters...so we are! LOL! You don't have to have the same DNA to be sisters. Some friends are better sisters than the real thing. Do I get an Amen! By the way I liked the poem and the chick with the drinks. Leave her at home and come on over and we'll get in my tubs...you get the red,I get the orange and we'll have our own drinks while we laugh the time away. Come on over girls...I feel a party coming on!!!

Monica...Glad your tendinitis is easing up.

Pam...You hanging in?

Blessings,
Darlene
Sister 1922

The road to a friends house is never to long!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  9:02:35 PM  Show Profile
I am so ready for the porch tonight! It's nearly midnight here and I am still tryin to get the days stuff done. My dad came home from the hospital today. He and my mom are fuedin, so guess who had to drive 20 minutes to town to get his meds picked up and go to the grocery store for him! I am exhausted from tryin to work with a 21 lb cryin cranky anchor on my hip all day and I have to go to town to deal with 2 grown adults who want to act like children! I have so much cannin to do since I've been hidin from the heat and a sick baby that I have to drag into town with me, because of course she flips out if mommy gets to close to the door when she's sick, but they're not speakin to each other so I have to mediate. Well, I just ran him to the places he needed to go and dropped him off. I didn't have time to deal with it tonight. I had to drive an extra 20 minutes north of town to pick my oldest up since they were fightin and couldn't go get her like they told me. She doesn't want to stay there and help out cause they're fightin, so I have to take her back into town in the mornin after my mom leaves for work. I am runnin in circles for nothing! ARGGGG!!!

I'm sorry for the rant. I am a little stressed tonight I guess. I'm startin to wish I was back in school. Life was simpler then. Well, I guess I was really just too young to notice all the drama. Lookin back on it, life has always been this way. It was just easier when I could go to my room and shut the door and make it all go away with my headphones! I want those headphones back! I think I'm gonna go to a few yard sales in the mornin and just leave my phone on vibrate in the van! OOPS! A little Farmgirl style retail therapy! LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  01:18:25 AM  Show Profile
Angela...I love your stories girl! Whether you are stressed or happy canning the farm up...you have the knack for telling a good story! I always read your posts and end up with a smile on my face. And the Porch is the best place for a good rant...when you need to. Retail Therapy sounds like just the most fun way to deal with the
stress from the heat, the sick baby, and the fueden parents. Cell Phone...what cell phone???

Darlene...you are so darn cute. If you noticed on the bottle she was drinking it says POP! I thought she was an adorable little farm chic. But I will leave everyone at home if I can come join you in your out door tubs. Can I have the Red One? There is suppose to be a lot of shooting stars tonight!

Monica...I am glad that you could join us on the Porch tonight and that you are doing better! I could tell you were really hurting! Also, glad that our prayers were answered and you made it through your testing. Now, more going up for an actual interview!

Megan...are you going to do your yard sale this weekend? That money would be awfully nice for back to school shopping!

Pam...is work getting to you girlfriend? Come on...you need some Porch Therapy!

I slept terrible last night... so, I am hoping tonight is better. I did great once I got to sleep. Maybe I will just stretch out on the Porch swing, listen to you girls chat awhile and I'll watch those shooting stars...until the cows come home!

Blessings,
~Peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 12 2010 01:24:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  08:46:43 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Hey ladies! I'm back! Vacation and work drama over and now I'm back in the saddle even better than before. I brought some Saskatoon berry jam from Canada for everyone. It's like a big blueberry and it is wonderful!

Peggy-I hope you get a better night's sleep tonight. Make sure you stay cool in the coming week. I've got the radio playing and ready to dance around today. Who's up for a little relaxing hip shaking and hand clapping? I might need another cup of tea. Hee hee!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  10:30:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
Stopping for a minute before I head out in the heat to the fair. Today is the sheep show. I am hoping I don't melt. The weatherman says if we can get through today then we will get a break. A welcome break it will be. Been working on my classroom slowing getting ready for the first day.

Peggy hope you slept better. Angela, hope today is better foryou. Praying little one is feeling better.

Monica glad to see your sweet smile here on the porch.

Well I best skedaddle. LEft you all some brownies and iced peach tea. Enjoy.

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  11:30:51 AM  Show Profile
thanks porchies...you're all so sweet...Hugs to everyone of you! I got a call this morning...I passed and made it in the top 4 so I get to have an interview monday!!!! Praise God! Thanks to all for your prayers, good thoughts, etc...you're all just delightful!!!
I brought ice cold root beer and a lots of vanilla ice cream so we could celebrate with some rootbeer floats!!! I even have straws and little palm trees for the top...it's hot out isn't it?
I got some of my chores done today, so things are looking up a bit!!! still babying that arm, but not hurting near as bad as it was!
Thanks for all your support...you're all so sweet...I just want to take all of you home! imagine that? wouldn't that be so fun?
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  12:15:52 PM  Show Profile
Hello Friends and Neighbors,
Is it possible to miss people you have never met? Well i have missed you all. I have just barely had time to stop by each evening for a check up on all of you, but no time to contribute, other than my prayers. The computer at home is being tempermental so I am on while at work and I don't like to use the work computer for personal business, so this is a quick visit.

Monica- Congrats on doiong well on the test and securing an interview for Monday! Prayers for favor and wisdom for you. So glad that your tendinitis is resolving. I have tendinitis in both elbows and thumbs. The flare ups really hurt.

Tammy- Am I remembering correctly that you teach 3rd graders? When does school start? It starts here September 8.

Angela- Hugs for you and the wee one. So sorry for all that you are going through with your parents. I love Farmgirl Retail Therapy! I hit an early garage sale on the way to work this morning and found great clothes for the GKs.

Darlene- You are such a sweet encourager. You and Peggy should collaborate on writing a book about encouraging sisterhood!

Dana- More prayers for you. I miss my dad, especially on Father's Day, his birthday and Pearl Harbor Day. He was a Pearl Harbor survivor and they day was honored as a patriotic day at our home. Remember to be gentle with yourself.

Meghan- Only 13 more days!

Peggy- Prayers for sweet sleep for you. He gives his beloved sweet sleep...

Thank you for the root beer float! Since it is a virtual float I had mine with diet rootbeer and low fat frozen vanilla yogurt. I rejoined Weight Watchers last evening. I have kept off 60 pounds I lost a few years ago, but 40 have managed to come back. So, time to get serious about my health again.

Gotta get back to work.

Peace,
Lida
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  12:41:10 PM  Show Profile
Angela, you vent all you want. It makes us feel better. So does retail therapy. Still praying for you little girl to feel better. My son is doing Hell week for the football team while battling a stomach bug. I said then why are you going (dumb me)and he said if he does not go the whole team gets punished. So he has to go and throw up on the sidelines. I will never understand guys and sports lol.

Monica grats on your test. I am sure you will do great on your interview.

I am going to work on some peach salsa this afternoon after I get back from taking son to football. Never made it before so hope it turns out ok. Well ladies have a good day and stay cool.

Farmgirl sister 1930

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  2:38:54 PM  Show Profile
Hey all! I managed to leave my cell phone in the van all day! Me and the girls wound up with some neat costume jewelry, a crystal star with a carousel horse in the middle, a whole cardboard box of books, a car for the baby, and a glass loaf pan with a lid for $11! I love yard sales!

Here's a question for ya...Why will a farmgirl refuse to pay $10 for a new coffee pot, cause the old one still works even if it's slow and you have to jiggle the cord sometimes, but will drop $20 at a flea market for a whole mess of questionable items, then brag about how little we spent? LOL! Farmgirl mentality is a little odd!

I hope everyone's doin all right. I'm off to scramble eggs with some cut up bacon for dinner! It's great with shredded cheese!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  6:45:50 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Lida, good for you on getting back on track...you did so well...you're still ahead of the game, so stick with it girlfriend! I know what you mean about missing people you haven't even met...my husband thinks I've gone mad! LOL! He posts on a travel forum with some site...and so he always asks me well how many posts do you have...so, I stay way behind him, so he can out do me there....it's a little healthy competition for two old folks...LOL! He thinks it's odd we go to a virtual porch when his destinations are real sites...LOL whatever!
Angela, I love that story about the coffee pot vs the flea market finds...isn't that so true? Sounds like you had a lot of fun Angela with your girls....
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  6:47:36 PM  Show Profile
I forgot to say"Welcome Back" all that have been away! It's nice to see you back on here..and what interesting things everyone does....I can't wait til I can go to one of the farmgirl meetups and meet everyone...we should have a Porch Meetup!!!!
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  6:49:53 PM  Show Profile
Marla, reading about your son's hell week made me want to throw up! Poor Guy...hope he's keeping hydrated! I'm so glad we don't have to go through all that stuff.....
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  6:52:14 PM  Show Profile
hi porchies
missed being here summer is so crazy and
i thought they were moving this site to a henhouse
glad they didn't like it here and love the chat and company
i mad some peach iced tea and lemon poppy seed pound cake
plenty for all..blessing deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2010 :  11:38:08 PM  Show Profile
Awesome...our Porchies are coming back from summer work and summer fun! We have missed YOU!!

Deborah...we do have an Official Henhouse but we never wanted to move it away from the Forum. No, it is way to
much fun having everyone able to drop by the Porch any old time they want. Poppy seed pound
cake sounds yummy! I think I want some coffee with mine.

Lida...glad to have you back. You sound like you have been crazy busy! I did have sweet sleep...thank you!

Angela...glad you had a great day of Retail Therapy and ditched that cell phone for awhile! We all should
follow your example and take an occasional electronic day off.

Monica...any Root beer Floats left!? That sounds better than coffee even!

It looks like my MIL is about ready to go meet the Lord. (Like any day now). I am at peace with it and have
quit selfishly praying to keep her here. In fact last week she asked me to pray that God would take her home...
that she was ready to go. I said, "Well, Mom...I can't do that but I will ask for His will!" I said, "I have selfishly been praying (and asking others to pray for you to Not die yet)." She said, "I know and I want you to stop it!" LOL So, I stopped it! She is 85 and she is ready to go home. I love her to pieces. And I think if God doesn't take her home soon...He is going to hear about when she gets there!

Life...Vapor...Death...Home...Eternity with Jesus! Oh, How Sweet It Is... To Be Loved By Him!

blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 12 2010 11:45:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2010 :  06:39:32 AM  Show Profile
Monica-congrats on passing the test and good luck at the interview

Angela-your post made me crack up! It is so true about how we look at that kind of stuff

Marla-Good luck to your boy, after going thru that they better consider him the star player...what dedication!

Peggy-I'll keep you and your MIL in my prayers

Gotta work today and I don't want to go, would rather stay home with hubby and kids but I guess it's good to get away for a little bit once in a while

Have a beautiful day everyone!

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Aug 13 2010 06:40:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2010 :  08:12:35 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Peggy-you and your family are in my prayers. I've got some tea brewing, great music on-I think I need to start this Friday with a dancing.

Angela-that is too funny! It's so true.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2010 :  11:44:21 AM  Show Profile
Yay! Everyone's back! I was at State Fair all day yesterday with friends, so I was pooped when I came home. We did everything! We went on the skyglider, ate the most unhealthy foods, had cream puffs, went on rides, everything! But alas, the looming school year has probably ended any other excursions for me and friends. We all have sports and extracurriculars starting soon. But the upside is that my best guy friend is Peter Pan in First Stage Milwaukee's production of Peter Pan, so I can forgive him!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2010 :  1:49:18 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like fun! We're goin to the state fair here on the 17th. I got $2 coupons and with 6 of us goin I need a coupon day to go on!

I am signed up for a master preserver class that starts in 2 thurdays! Yea! I will have 5 whole thursdays just for me and another farmgirl Starletta to learn neat stuff. She is new to the forum and lives close to me, so I finally get to meet another farmgirl. Yea!

Looks like everyone is busy lately. I hope all are doin well. I have to start processin more cucumbers and peppers for the canner! See ya all soon!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page