Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2010 :  2:49:42 PM  Show Profile
Angela, State Fairs are pretty expensive. I managed to go on one day here with only $60.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2010 :  7:04:43 PM  Show Profile
Hey porchies,
Just coming home from county fair. it was another hot day and my feet are hurting. SO I am having some tea and just sitting here on the porch with you. Our state fair is at the end of August and runs until Labor Day.

Peggy praying for your mother in law.

My boys showed their pigs today and did really well. Tomorrow they are showing calves. I will be in the parade on Sunday for our school float. But will be riding not walking this year. My feet just have had a some rough days and so I am riding. Hopefully it won't be too hot.

HOpe yall had a wonderful day

hugs and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2010 :  07:23:28 AM  Show Profile
Going shopping today by myself! Hubby's going to stay home with the kidlets so I can have a little "me" time. I can't wait!

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert

Edited by - Rxgirl on Aug 14 2010 07:23:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2010 :  07:44:15 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Tammy-put those feet up and take a rest. Hope the boys do well today.

Dana-Yeah you! What a great hubby! Have some wonderful "me" time.

The pups got me up early on a Saturday morning. I don't mind. I'm gonna put the kettle on for tea and say hello to the world.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2010 :  08:08:34 AM  Show Profile
I overslept this morning and missed a 5K race I had signed up for. I am usually up by 4:30 or 5 a.m., even on the weelends, so I must have really needed the sleep. I will go for a walk or a bike ride later today since I missed the run.

I spent the morning puttering in the garden. I think the tomatoes are ripening right before my eyes. I picked a half bushel of Italian plum tomatoes, cucumbers, some early onions,and thinned some baby carrots. Also cut a bouquet of zinnias and black eyed Susans. The flowers are in an old milk-glass vase on the kitchen counter. A master gardener told me that late blight is again a serious issue in the northeast so I am glad that my tomatoes are ripening fast and furious now. I'll find out how the potatoes are fairing this fall. So far the plants look healthy. I pray over my garden so I expect a good harvest.

Dana- Enjoy your solo shopping trip! Can't wait to hear about your day and your purchases! Retail therapy and me time!

Tammy- I have not been to the NYS fair in years. We have very high taxes in NYS but low admission to the state fair, thanks to those taxes! It is at the end of Aug-early Sept so manbe we will make the trip this year. Congrats to your boys for showing their animals. I hope they are proud!

Marla- how is the peach salsa? Can nectarines be substituted for the peaches? I bought a 1/2 peck of nectarines at the farmer's market and can't eat them fast enough to keep them from spoiling. No one else here likes them. How is your son feeling? Does hell week only last a week?

Peggy- Hugs and prayers. My MIL means the world to me.

The great outdoors is beckoning me, so off I go.

Carpe diem!

Lida
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2010 :  11:45:49 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Porchies...It is SUMMER here finally. NICE HOT WEATHER, YAHOO! I have A/C so, I can go outside
and enjoy the hot and then come back inside and cool down! I just walked over to the store and bought a bunch of organic foods. And one huge indulgence that I could not resist. It was a Chocolate Fruit Cup with Ganash (?) under the fruit. Yummy! Bad girl...very bad girl...but I am glad I got it anyway. LOL And I got it home before it melted!

Dana...good for you girlfriend. I am glad that you are getting some YOU time! Every mommy needs that and Praise God for your sweet hubby for watching the kids. That is a good man! Have Fun!!! Indulge Yourself!

Marla & Lida...I have never made peach salsa but I have made Mango Salsa and I love that. My hubby and I found that we can buy a Mango Salsa that tastes every bit as good as mine...so, now I don't have to do so much work. But I am sure both the Peach and Nectarine would be yummy too.

Tammy thanks for praying for my MIL...the nurses are saying anyday now. Her body is shutting down!
My GD thinks G-Grandma is just going to sleep...she keeps telling her "Nightie Night Pat! Bye!"
So cute!

Pam...did I see on your blog that your dogs are Jack Russell's? Are they as high energy as everyone
says they are. I love that breed...they are so cute.

I am tired...I think I got up to early this morning. My hubby said to sleep-in and then he made a ton
of noise before he left for work. So, once he was out the door...I thought...ok, now I am wide awake I
might as well get up and get something done. But a nap is calling my name now. I am probably just plunging
from my sugar high! LOL

Back Later Today!
Blessings,
Peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

hour3suns
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Sharon
Frankfort OH
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2010 :  4:51:46 PM  Show Profile
Goodness sakes, I think it's been a week since I've gotten myself back here. It's been busy busy busy! Did I mention busy? I'm in desperate need of a sit down though, so I'm going to take my sandals off and put my feet up for a bit. Brought some fresh squeezed lemonade and sourdough bread with me cause I've got to have something to nibble on while waiting for Bill to bring dinner home. He's such a wonderful husband!

Let's see...Samuel took home 3rd place for his senior fancy chickens for 4-H this year. He also brought home 2 1sts & a 2nd for them in the open class judging. He made it through the state fair judging for his insect project. Didn't get the fancy purple ribbon or clock trophy but we're proud of him nonetheless. Nicholas got 2nd place for his pinewood derby car for the Wolf age group at the state fair and came in 3rd fastest for the state so he's thrilled about that. I got 2nd place for my sourdough bread and 5th for my dandelion jelly at the county fair.

I was devistated on Tuesday because my beloved male turkey, Thanksgiving died. I will always love that guy! The heat index was over 110 and it was so hot he couldn't get cooled off. I'm thankful I was able to be there with him when he passed, petting him and holding his head. Bill came home to me sitting in a stall with Thanksgiving in my lap so nothing got to him before we were able to burry him. It was getting dark so I didn't want to take a chance. The ground is so hard we had to use a pick axe to dig the hole. I've been crying a lot over losing him even though I know he's where he's now supposed to be.

We're finally getting some much needed rain. In the past 8 weeks we haven't gotten 1/2" of it so it's wonderful to see it coming down. Makes me want to jump off this porch and run around in it. Woops, Bill's home and so is the food. I suppose I had better get running through this rain so I can get to the food. My stomach is growling!

Smiling & Waving,
sharon
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2010 :  5:14:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
day three of our county fair is complete. The boys showed their calves today and did very well. They are very happy overall with how they have done during the fair. I am still having a feet problems. I think something is pulled in my left one. So I came home and resting it to see if that helps. Tomorrow is the parade and we bring everything home.

The weather was finally cooler here today. Thankful that so much. We have been melting here. So a day without sweating your touche off is nice.

Next week I will be in full swing to finish getting things ready for school to begin on the 23rd. It will be interesting to see my little butterflies and see how they grow as we learn.

I have always had my hair short but I chopped it shorter. It is rather chic, spikey, and sassy according to dear hubby and I really like it. I did something for me this week and that felt good.

well ladies I am going to make some tea and sit with my dear dogs up in my swing in my herb garden.

love to you all
Tammy

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2010 :  6:15:53 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Peggy-yep! 2 Jack Russells and 1 Min Pin. The girls (the JRT) are pretty hyper for about 5 minutes and then calm down when people come over. They are old ladies. Pete the Min Pin is 4 and still very puppy like.

I went to the big Portland Farmer's Market today. I got some summer sausage, smoked salmon and peaches. So, help yourself ladies. Mark got the most beautiful bouquet of flowers. We came home and played with the hose with the girls and Jujube (one of the girls) hurt her leg. It's not broken but she pulled something. My poor little girl! Mark is playing tonight so I might go see him. I'm not sure. I'm in a stitching mood and might start a few new projects.

Oh Tammy! I bet you are one hot mama! I use to have my hair cut short.

Sharon-I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so sad with our feather and furry friends leave us. Big hugs to you.

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2010 :  8:00:09 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy...Prayers for your MIL so she has a smooth and peaceful transition into Glory. Prayers to you and your family also. It's such a blessing to know and be at peace with yourself when the time comes. I've seen to many wild eyed frightened people fighting the cross over. How terribly sad. God is good All the time.

Dana...what a great husband to see and respect your need to have time for yourself. My husband never did that for me. You are lucky. You need it to regroup with all you've been through.

Lida...you must have needed that sleep to revitalize yourself. We can only push ourselves so far before God steps in and takes control...He put you down for the count! LOL! Sounds like your garden is doing well! I canned a bunch of pickles and green tomatoes last night. Made spaghetti squash tonight. Think of your husband everytime...did you get any? This is the 1st time I planted them and they're everywhere. I also made Capenota...eggplant...do you know what I mean? It's an Italian cold appetizer. I found a crockpot recipe and it tastes just like the real thing. My eggplants are growing like wildfire so I had to try it.

Sharon...Sorry about Thanksgiving.

Tammy..Good for the boys. How proud they must be. What a way to build self esteem. Keep up the good work. I usually wear my hair short and spikey but I need a cut soooo badly. I've been snipping it here and there! I bet you look Marvelous Darling!

Pam...poor baby...you can give her aspirin for the pain and inflamation. I just had to do it for my Beagle a few weeks ago. I used the heating pad though because that's what she allowed. She's fine now.

Going to bed soon so I can get to early church and then to my GSs football games.

If you want to see 2 quilts that were made from quilt block swaps go to the actve topics and go to Look Look Quilt pictures. They are beautiful. I joined the fall swap and now I an't wait to get the blocks.

Blessings,
Darlene
Sister 1922

The road to a friends house is never to long!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2010 :  9:53:29 PM  Show Profile
Hey everyone! I am thankful for the prayers for my youngest with her ear infection. She seems to be much better today. She can finally take her bottle and sippy cup agian, and boy is her appetite back! She was eatin nonstop today. She even ate part of a hardboiled egg and she doesn't like eggs. She wanted her food and bites of anything me or daddy was eatin. She played all day and didn't even take a nap. At 10 minutes after 9 her dad went lookin for her because she had gotten very quiet, which means trouble with her. He found her on our bed sound asleep on his pillow with the cat still wrapped up in her arms. It was so sweet! We freed the poor cat and put her in her bed. She never even woke up.

I am puttin you girls with losses on my prayer list.

I have lost 2 chickens to the heat. Thank goodness the girls weren't the ones to find them. My DH found them both times. We're gonna pick up a little wadin pool to put in there with a few inches of water in it, since they keep tryin to sit in their water bowl. Only 5 chickens can fit in it and we currently have 35!

Well, I better get my hiney to bed. I have potatoes, carrots, and beets to dig tomorrow, plus peppers and tomatoes to pick. I probably ought to check out the butternut squash vines, they seem to be appearin daily on those vines. I expected to get maybe 10 or 12, but have already harvested 23 and it's not even fall weather yet! I am makin extra space in the basement for them since we are always groaning that they are all ate up before christmas and we always plan to save 2 back for a special christmas eve dinner. This year it will happen I'm sure! Nighty Night!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  12:21:08 AM  Show Profile
Oh my...such newsie news on here tonight. I love it when everyone makes it on some time during the day or evening.

Pam...is the Farmers Market different from the Saturday/Sunday Market? We have a small Farmers Market here in Battle Ground and then a larger one in Vancouver. But I would love to know if Portland has one separate from
Sat./Sun. Market. And where it is. When I was in Seattle two weekends ago for my GD second birthday...we went down to Pike's Market (I hadn't been there in years and man-o-man that has really gotten HUGE! They were selling these gorgeous bouquets of flowers there for $10.00. The were just stunning! I couldn't believe they were so cheap! They looked like they should sell for $30-$40.00 My DIL goes there every wknd and buys flowers for her Table. They live with-in walking distance at the moment.

Angela...I hope you took a picture of your angel-girl and kitty asleep on your bed. How adorable!

Tammy...your hair sounds cute. I wore mine spiky and sassy for awhile too and just loved it. Don't know
if it would look that great now that it is all gray...but hey Darlene's does, so maybe it would.
Glad the boys did so good at the Fair. That is such a great experience for Families to do together.
My kids and I always went to the County Fair every year but now that they are all grown up...my
hubby doesn't enjoy those kind of things...and I don't want to go by myself.

Sharon...I am so sorry about Thanksgiving. That is awful! I guess I don't really think about how bad the heat is on the Farm Animals. That must have been devastatingly sad.

Darlene...thanks for the prayers for my MIL. She is lingering much longer than we expected but they have taken her off all medication, breathing machines and not feeding her...so it must be close at hand. I just don't want her to suffer. She is ready and I pray she goes comfortably and peacefully too.

How did it go with the GS's? Did they help with the canning?

Well Porchies...I never got that nap this afternoon. My youngest son came and picked me up and took me out for lunch at a Thai Rest. that I had never been to before (it was excellent!) and then we went to a cool new coffee shop in Vancouver...that was really "Funky" and had live music and the coffee was fabulous. (of course we got it iced) The shop was more like what you would expect in Portland...but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Portland Oregon has a Mantra of "Keep Portland Weird!" and we all like it that way! Now it is coming across the River and we get to enjoy some of the fun eclectic stuff over here too. My oldest and youngest sons...have always been great about picking me up for Mom/Son dates a couple times a month...and they always know all the unique places to go. I feel very blessed that they want to share their experiences with me. They keep me young! They are great sons! My middle son is great too...but he is a real home body...other than fishing and camping...which he loves to do.

Well, I am off to bed for a bit of reading and I hope to make it to Church in the morning...now that I feel like I am once again among the living instead of the walking dead.

Hugs and Blessings,
~peg

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 15 2010 12:28:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  08:31:20 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Peggy-it is the one at Portland State University. It's different than Saturday market. I usually go to the one by my house. It sounds like you had so much fun at the coffee shop.

Darlene-we gave her a baby aspirin last night and then another one today. Luckily she is older and not as jumping as Pete so we can keep her laying down so she can heal.

Mark has a drum show today so I better help him load his jeep. I'm gonna clean the house and try to stay cool.

Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  09:07:00 AM  Show Profile
Wow ladies we can tell that summer is coming to a close with how busy we all are. The gardens, the canning, getting kids ready for school. Fall and spring are my favorite times of the year. Summer is just too hot. I think God gave us winter to give us a little rest from all the work. I never really liked winter but now am starting to look forward to it.

I am off to church in a few. I need it. I need to work on forgivness. I have been hurt bad by something stupid someone else did that I have to pay the price for. I think if it were the first time it would be easier. But this person has made bad choices in the past and I have paid the price. Maybe if they paid they would think things out more. And whats really hard is they are family. But I am ranting. Sry girls. Guess I needed to vent.

You ladies all have a fun and restfull day. Put your feet up. Have a glass of icetea.

Farmgirl sister 1930

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  10:41:26 AM  Show Profile
Marla, we are here for you to vent and rant all you want. That's what we do. I hope church was good dear one. Have a wonderful day.

Angela glad to hear little one is doing good and you are one busy girl with all your cannning.

Darlene, your quilt is lovely. I was hoping to have mine all quilted by our fair but just didn't have time so when things slow down a bit will finish it up.

Today is last day of fair. It is cooler and I am so thankful for that. It will make the parade enjoyable. Then next week focus on gettng the final touches on my classroom for school.

You ladies have a restful day. enjoy it too

hugs and blessings
Tammy

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  12:51:01 PM  Show Profile
Marla, You rant all you need to. Lord knows I have ranted a few times on here. I swear nothing makes life difficult and upsetting quite like family. I understand Girl. You just want to squeeze them to pieces everytime you see them, whether it's huggin or chokin, doesn't really matter! LOL!

Tammy, I am busy and lovin it! I just got a dehydrator today! A lady on freecycle offered it to me and it was still in the box, wrapped in plastic! She didn't have the heart to throw it out, but didn't want it either. Now I get to dry, can, and freeze! Plus we're diggin my drop pit holes for the nonworkin freezers startin this weekend, so I'll be able to 'mini' root cellar as well! I am as happy as a pig in poop!
I hope your parade goes well!

I'm off to the garden to grab some tomatoes and carrots to add to the onions and potatoes so I can dry the beginnings of a camp soup!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  1:23:19 PM  Show Profile
Wow, you guys seem so busy! I have been busy, too the past two days. Not getting stuff done busy, but going places busy! Yesterday I first had a graduation party that was out in the country. It was so much fun and I saw my best friends. We had such a good time. Then I went to a slumber party that my new friend from high school threw. We had such a good time! That was really my last hurrah of summer because this week is when rugby starts, then the week after that, school starts! This week will also be my last week of babysitting for my cousins:( So, summer is coming to a close very quickly...
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  3:14:08 PM  Show Profile
Hello, Hello! I am sitting with you all, but not so much on a porch as in an outdoor kitchen that is on a patio sort of landing, very much like a porch. I am visiting with artist from all over...four from England, one from California, and the others are from various parts of the country. We will eat dinner outside soon and then hike up the mountain out back for a a bonfire! So I am happy to invite you all here to join us for a lovely evening...provided the rain holds off :)

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  8:57:06 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Just wanted to stop by and say hello. Hope you all are doing well.
hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2010 :  11:11:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Channah! We've missed you girl! Tell us what you've been up to.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  01:24:00 AM  Show Profile
HI Porchies...I am bringing some Choc. Zucchini Bread to the Porch tonight along with iced-coffee.

Channah...Hi sweetie, it is good to hear from you. We have all missed you a great deal. Hope you are
coming back soon.

Pam...I will have to try that Farmers Market sometime. How great! How is your dog doing tonight? Better
I hope.

Marla...Vent any time you need to girl, you aren't the first nor will you be the last.

Darlene...I forgot that I was going to pop over and check out you quilt. I will do that when I leave the
Porch tonight.

Suzanne...I hope your arm is ok after scraping it on that nail. I bet you will be sore tomorrow. How Much more
do you have left to do?

Carrie...that sounds like an great adventure meeting with other Artists. Hope you got your hike in before the
rain.

Angela...that is so cool that you got that Dehydrator. I loved dehydrating fruits and making fruit leather for
my kids to snack on. Now you can do it ALL girl!

Megan...I bet you are counting down the days now!!! You will be so busy with your Rugby and finishing up baby
sitting your cousins this week...that you will blink and it will be the first day of school.

Tammy...how did your feet hold up? Was it really hot for the parade? I am glad that you got to sit!

Well Farmgirls you aren't going to believe this but my MIL is rallying. Here we thought she was going home to be with The Lord any hour and this morning she was sitting up in her bed playing cards with my ex-husband & his wife and she was winning every game to boot. GO FIGURE! It just goes to show that...we may be ready to go home and meet the Lord but until HE is ready for us...there is no leaving this old world ahead of schedule. I am still in shock that she is doing so much better. (in case some of you are confused I am speaking of my ex-MIL
but she & I have remained extremely close over the years. She lives in Spokane. My ex and I are good friends and him and his wife live in Chicago). My husbands mother died 10 yrs ago. Anyway, hope that clears up any confusion. Or maybe it made it worse! LOL

Have a Wonderful Week Friends!
Blessings and Hugs,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 16 2010 01:27:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  02:57:13 AM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies,
Angela- I love my dehydrator. I am making zucchini chips in it as I type. I considered the defunct freezer buried for a rootcellar but because of the equipment that would be needed to dig the hole I decided to wait for our place in the country, although I could put one at my mother's and have my brother with all of the big equipment dig the hole. Doing that would confirm to my mother that I am crazy, just as she has suspected for years. I love mom but we march to different frummers.

Channah- Nice to hear from you. I wish my 15 year old DD could meet you and Meghan. She is shy and hasn't found girls that she connects with at her school.

Marla- Go ahead and vent. Forgiveness is one of the hardest things that God asks us to do. I have struggled with forgiving someone who deeply hurt one of my daughters. A couple of months ago I started really delving in to the Lord's Prayer and God really got my attention with "...and forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us...". I am admittedly still working on forgiving the offender, but I am at the point where I want only good things to happen in her life. Forgiving is not forgetting. Forgiving does not extend a pardon as if the offense never happened. Forgiveness is a condition of the heart that involves the mind. Oops, sorry for the sermon; I think I need to spend some time with God and keep working on this.

Peggy- Praise God for more time with your MIL.

Carrie- artists, hiking and bonfires, sounds like a great evening!

Sharon- So sorry about Thanksgiving. Hugs.

Darlene- Hello from up north of you. I haven't figured out sending pics from my Picassa account yet. When I do I'll send you one.

I got in a 20 mile bike ride through some lovely farm country yesterday. There are some very creative gardeners out there. I notice the beauty more while bicycling as opposed to driving. Except for road kill the smells are wonderful too! I rode by one home where the smell of dill was so strong I think there was pickle making going on. The apple orchards were full of fruit ripening on the branches. It was a restorative ride.

Peace,
Lida
Go to Top of Page

PattiSutton
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Patti
Sterling Heights MI
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  05:00:48 AM  Show Profile
Hello all!

It's looking like a beautiful day! Finally got some relief from the muggies and it's actually comfortable. Opening up the house and letting fresh air through because I cannot stand having the AC on all the time. DH has issues with the heat, among other things, so since he has one of his long days at the clinic, I'm getting this place aired out while I can!
Bless his heart, he means well, but he was kinda all over the place during the weekend and it's nice for a break.

Now to refill my coffee cup and get to the morning routine, have a wonderful day everyone!

Patti

Farmgirl #1184
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  08:14:34 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy...Exactly, in His time not ours! Sometimes the rally is the last horrah also. What a blessing to see her having fun!
Show me a family without exs or steps and they are the rarity these days. LOL. The quilts are not mine but of 2 other farmgirls that posted them to show us how their quilt block swap made into beautiful quilts. Just thought everyone would like to see them. I joined the fall swap after I saw them.

Lida...I'm in awe at how much you bike. I wish I could be there with you...You'd have to drag me behind though...LOL..Talk about a workout! You're right forgiveness is very difficult. I just came to terms with it myself. We must forgive so we can be forgiven. I just forgive and let God handle it knowing that the person will stand before God's judgement and that is their cross to bear, not mine. It's not easy but in order for me to continue living with my verbally abusive husband, that is what I have to do. I will be judged and so will everyone else. I'm at such peace most of the time when he starts that I don.t take it in anymore. Judge not that yea not be judged. My little sermon too...LOL! I don't forget that easily though.

Marla...That's what all these shoulders are for. God knows we all need them at sometime or another. THANK GOD FOR OUR PORCHIES! AMEN!

Angela... you make me want to pull out my dehyrater and do sundried tomatoes. They are so exspensive to buy.

All you other dear porchies good thoughts your way.

All you sisters lets send each other our pictures. Peggy and I look like real sisters!LOL...who would have thunk it! Channah is so cute! Just email our addresses to each other. I have a beautiful album with other farmgirls and would love my porchies in it...right Peggy?

Off to do salsa and peach butter. Catch up with you all later.

Hugs and blesings,
Darlene
Sister 1922

The road to a friends house is never to long!
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  08:54:04 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
thank you all for the warm welcome.
Lida, I wish I could meet your DD too! I would be happy to write letters to her if she would like. Or if she's not much of a letter writer we could e-mail.

Angela, thank you! We've had a great garden this year and it seems to be endless. We have been so blessed!
I am getting ready to start school, join 4H and show chickens ( mom and dad are letting me get some for my 16th birthday in a few months, so excited!), take 3 dance classes, start my homemade business online, and so much more. Just trying to get things done before everything starts.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page