Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic plantar warts????? Next Topic  

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2010 :  5:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
Ok, well i think i have one on my foot. I had one the bottom of my foot when i was around 15. I think i have another one. I have no clue how to tell if thats in fact what it is. I don't know much about them either. With the last one, my father dug it out and oh my did that ever hurt. I guess my question is, what is it, how do you get one, and how do you get rid of it?

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/

Check out my ETSY store too! I'm loving it!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Claudiascraftshop

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2010 :  6:22:09 PM  Show Profile
When I had one I had to have it removed at the doctors office.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2010 :  9:22:04 PM  Show Profile
Well first of all dont let your father dig it out, its completely unnecesary. Its a viral infection, if you have one you got it from walking where someone else had one. You can cure it painlessly with the little band aid wart pads from wal-mart. My son was in karate for years and he was always getting them from tournaments etc where everyone was walking around barefoot. It will be got within a week or so

Not all those who wander are lost...
www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  4:04:31 PM  Show Profile
I had mine removed at the doctor's too. But...my nine year old has one now. I've heard that placing a piece of duct tape over the wart kills it off in several weeks. We can't seem to get the tape to stick. A colleague at work swears by that plan but her wart(s) were on the back of her hand. Not so sweaty there. I think my kid probably picked his up at the local pool...that's the only place I can think of. I did put some "second skin" (from the drug store) on it to try to cut off it's oxygen...but if that doesn't work, we'll try the the little pads from wally world/drug store.

I agree that it's not a good idea to "dig it out". Great way for a secondary infection I'm thinking. I'm not fond of taking him to the doc for laser/cutting either. I'm sure they've gotten much better at removing them from when I was a kid but my experience was not a good one.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  06:20:07 AM  Show Profile
goodmorning, when i was preggie many years ago i had 2 on my hand.when i would go for check ups while i waited my hand was under uv light. painless. i think it could have been like the old black lights. he was a naturepath.chiro. and md. this was at end of pregnancy so went every week. they died and were gone. i believe the light rays killed it dead. cheap painless just a thought. also no chemicals involved sherrye
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  08:10:47 AM  Show Profile
It isnt air that is not getting to it that causes it to die. The duct tape is supposed to work by causing the body to become irritated and therefore attack the virus.

Not all those who wander are lost...
www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  03:43:53 AM  Show Profile
I've had one on the ball of my foot for YEARS and some days it feels like a little pebble OUCH!

Had 1 removed w/ a lazer some years ago. Novicane in between the toes really hurt, but the lazer hurt worse when my foot wasn't numbed enough

Also had the acid treatment too

Have tried the OTC wart pads and it still comes back...or never really disappears completely. It's the sweat factor

So any
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  08:40:09 AM  Show Profile
I have one now, but had one when I was a teen too. The only way I could figure to get rid of it was to gradually dig it out. Not the most healthy or sterile way to go about it, but it did go away.
Keeping my eyes on this post as the idea of digging this one out does not in any way appeal to me.
Hope you figure out what's best for you!
hugs,
Jess

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." ~Abraham Lincoln

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  9:04:30 PM  Show Profile
the dr put some liquid on it that was much stronger than the stuff you get Over the counter and then gave me pads to keep on it that also had medication in it. It took a bit but it did go away but it was very sore in the meantime. I can't remember I think some kind of acid it was. sylidic acid. I know that is spelled wrong. but that is what is sounds like. it was 40%.

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

JustAnAllAmericanGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Jamie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  06:48:01 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh! We just went through hell on earth with plantar warts with my little guy. He didn't have one or two or even three, it was in the twentys easy! His little foot was becoming covered in them. I tried every over the counter thing you could think of. Nothing worked. I took him to a pediatrician and they wouldn't touch them because it was so bad. This went on for at least a year and then a voice inside me said to go back to what I know. Although I am a SAHM now I am a Chiropractor by profession and know a lot about natural treatments, although this one had me stumped (by the way tried the duck tape,et. al and nothing was working.)

So here is what I did. I went to Whole Foods and purchased some stuff in a tube just for plantar warts. I am so sorry that I don't remember the name of it but I will tell you they only had one thing for it. Then I had to put it on him and bandage over it. This stuff was a miracle! It worked like magic. At first I didn't notice anything and then one day I looked at his foot and it seemed like there were less warts, like they just disappeared over night. Then more disappeared and before I knew it that little boy had a perfectly wart-free foot.

As a side note I need to say that I started homeschooling him about this time so he was going barefoot a lot and I believe that his foot could air out helped. He always had stinky feet especially in the warmer months when he wore shoes all day.

Hope that helps.

www.JustAnAllAmericanGirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  11:55:12 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jamie, did your son have something going on with his immune system? Seems so odd that he would get so many. Thank goodness you found something that worked!

Oh Mr Darcy!

www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  03:47:38 AM  Show Profile
There's a Whole Foods around where we live too

I may have to check this out and see if they carry the same thing here

Do you still have the container to reference the name?

Tried the duct tape too...feet too sweaty while working and walking around all day so it doesn't stay put
Go to Top of Page

JustAnAllAmericanGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Jamie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  06:03:17 AM  Show Profile
No, I no longer have the container that it was in. Sorry I couldn't help you further on that.

And no, my son is extrememly healthy. I got warts a lot too as a child (both regular and plantar). I think his feet were just so sweaty all the time that it was a breeding ground for them, unfortunatly I couldn't send him to school barefoot or in flipflops. That probably would have helped stop the proliferation.

www.JustAnAllAmericanGirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  09:28:49 AM  Show Profile
My son has a buger of a one on his finger. Tried OTC freeze, it seemed to get bigger. It didnt get the root. Went to the doctor for a series of freezing. The second time (different Dr. in same office) said to go to a pediatric dermatologist.

If anyone finds the natural one that actually works, I would love to know what it is.

Thanks

~Kayce~

Check out PenPals for FarmKids http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38599
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  8:06:03 PM  Show Profile
Vitamin A supplements have been shown to eradicate warts.

Oh Mr Darcy!

www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3305 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3305 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  8:39:46 PM  Show Profile
Your not going to believe this one...

My daughter suffered from multiple plantar warts. After several tries with otc concoctions---my good friend who happens to be a PA suggested of all things----banana peels and duct tap No kidding!

Before bedtime we would place a strip of banana peel over the area of the wart--slap some duct tape to keep it on and low and behold within a week or 10 days that darn old wart was gone...bye bye!!

I am all for natural cures even though I was a medical transcriptionist for many, many years and read about all the different ways to cure these painful and aggravating warts.

It worked for us....Couldn't hurt!

Melody
Farm girl #525

Edited by - melody on Jan 26 2010 6:59:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  03:29:50 AM  Show Profile
Will try anything!

And, I have heard about using banana peel for headaches to

Very interesting
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  08:03:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I had an outbreak of warts before I got pregnant with Nora and they just grew like crazy when I was pregnant. I did everything you could think of- acid treatments, home cryo treatments, dug a couple out- they still kept coming back and I had some on my hands! I was terrified to touch Nora with my hands (even though I did) because of the warts- I didn't want her to get warts on her face! Then after about 10 days after giving birth I noticed all my warts were gone! Even the one I had had on the side of my toe for about 5 years! It was amazing!

I would say use caution with the home acid stuff- it kills the skin and can be pretty aggressive!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  11:10:56 AM  Show Profile
That is amazing Alee. It goes to show what all those pregnancy hormones can do. I miss how nice my hair was while I was pregnant.

Oh Mr Darcy!

www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic plantar warts????? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page