Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Gathering Mother & Baby Supplies for Haiti
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Gathering Mother & Baby Supplies for Haiti Next Topic  

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  07:08:12 AM  Show Profile
Hello, Farmgirls! ( This is posted by me in Farmgirl Bater and the Stitching room!)
I am gathering Mother/ Baby supplies for my upcoming trip to Haiti, where new Farmgirl Illysa Foster and I will be volunteering as midwives. The full post is listed on Farmgirl Barter.
I am doing a Farmgirl onesie drive, and I'll also gladly accept any other suppplies listed at www.midwivesforhaiti.org/bring.htm. For the onesie drive, I am asking that all interested Farmgirls choose a onesie- new or used- preferably in newborn size. Here's where the fun begins- you get to embellish the onesie any way you wish! The sky's the limit- fabric paint, embroidery, applique, iron on patches, you name it! Just be sure the embellishents are safe and secure for older siblings.
I can accept items until June 15th, 2010. Items may be new or used. On a heartfelt note, lightweight gowns are especially welcome for mothers without a surviving baby. I would like to bring a few of these in usable condition.
Thanks for your interest.
Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)

Edited by - MaryLD on Jan 27 2010 10:41:22 AM

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  07:40:06 AM  Show Profile
Sent you an email, Mary

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  03:56:58 AM  Show Profile
Mary,
I think that is wonderful!! Our church is going in the fall to build houses and to do some medical.

when are you going, and will you post about it?

I would like to know what the layout is befor I go.

Blessings,
Tina
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  05:14:32 AM  Show Profile
Dear Tina,
We are going June 20- July 4, approximately. Yes, I will be posting about it, and also submitting a magazine article for consideration. Are you gathering supplies, or is the focus on construction? I would love to know of a church or charity group that can carry future supplies in general to Haiti. There is no shipping, no UPS, no Fed Ex in Haiti right now~
Meadowcrone has worked in orphanages all over Haiti. She replied on one of my other posts- Barter or Stitching room post.
My Best,
Mary

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  1:42:44 PM  Show Profile
Mary,
This is going to be a building and medical trip. We have several men who have building experience and a lot od Nurces and NP going to give medical attention to the women and children. I will be heading up the children group. Looking forward to it.

Blessings,
Tina
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Gathering Mother & Baby Supplies for Haiti Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page