Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  5:26:00 PM  Show Profile
I called my midwife tonight because I was having problems. Nausea, vomiting, back pain, hard contractions, and little baby movement.
She said it sounds like I'm sick. A stomach bug or something like that. I am supposed to watch for the next hour and if he doesn't move then go to L&D.
I am four days away from my c-section. Any ideas on how to beat this stomach bug quick? Baby is coming 4 days from now sickness or no sickness.

Thanks
hugs,
Jess

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." ~Abraham Lincoln

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  6:20:20 PM  Show Profile
Jessie:
I'll be praying for you. Take care of yourself and that little baby. Keep us posted. I hope you feel better real soon.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  6:30:17 PM  Show Profile
Jessie, can you drink some ginger tea? That always helps me when I feel naseous. Fresh ginger is best but if you have tea that helps.

I sure hope you get over this bug. And that the kids don't get it, too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  6:40:23 PM  Show Profile
I think maybe Levi started with it. He had some sort of viral infection that never came out more than in a cough and a cold sore so I didn't think much of it. I wonder if its attacking my tummy because that is where my immune system would be down the most at right now.
I don't have ginger tea..would real ginger ale do the same?

hugs
Jessie

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." ~Abraham Lincoln

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  7:32:24 PM  Show Profile
Ginger ale sometimes helps me when I feel barfy. Take care and keep us posted. *HUGS*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  2:56:16 PM  Show Profile
Boy, it is sure doping a good job of mimicking the start of labor isn't it? hope you feel better soon.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  3:12:30 PM  Show Profile
it sure is, Mary Jane. I wish it was! Only three days left before Charlie's big arrival. I can hardly wait! Just to have some relief and so when I'm sick I'm just plain old sick..hehehe

hugs,
Jess

Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2010 :  2:20:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh, so Monday is the big day for Charlie to make his grand entrance!! That is so exciting! I'm sure he will be such a beautiful baby. At least you know the end is in sight now. You have had some nasty times, I will be so glad when this is all over for you and you are holding your beautiful healthy son. I'll be praying for you and thinking about you on Monday.

Hugs, MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3309 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3309 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2010 :  4:49:24 PM  Show Profile
First of all breathe....I am a mother of five....and my last three were c-sections. You probably do have a "bug" I have been sick close to my c-section dates and boy oh boy I did not want to be sick right then.

Tea is very good or some 7-up (flat) maybe a cracker or two if you can keep it down. Sorry you are not feeling well! This too shall pass.

Take care Jess. I will be thinking of you.

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert
Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2010 :  5:00:59 PM  Show Profile
THanks girls! I seem to got the tummy yuckies under control. The migraine and nausea don't seem to want to give in, but I'm 2 days away from Baby Charlie's arrival, so it's just getting from here to there ;)
Thank you all for your advice, thoughts, and prayers!!
hugs
Jessie

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2010 :  5:50:05 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh my goodness Jessie!! I hope everything is ok now. I'll be praying for you!!!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic a stomach bug Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page