MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  12:03:12 PM  Show Profile
Emily Nelson, (Young Cultivator of Kristina Nelson, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Families Forever badge.

"We played the game, Sorry until 10:00 p.m.

My family and I are going to play Sorry and other games on Sundays."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2011 :  12:47:23 PM  Show Profile
Kaitlin Nelson, (Young Cultivator of Kristina Nelson, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a beginner level Rethink Your Space badge.

"I took three boxes and labeled them: Goodwill, Trash, Keep, then I cleaned my room!

I will try to keep my room clean for two weeks."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  1:10:10 PM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilber, (Young Cultivator of Tammy Burger, #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Trash Talk badge.

"I was able to find our cities recycling guidelines online.

I printed them and took them home so my family can use it."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  1:24:34 PM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilber, (Young Cultivator of Tammy Burger, #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an expert level Weaving In and Out badge.

"I wore my band to school and told my friends about it.

It went well."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  1:28:46 PM  Show Profile
Emily Nelson, (Young Cultivator of Kristina Nelson, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Make It Fruity badge.

"I picked berries with my sister, mom, and my dad.

We made jam and pie with the berries."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  1:33:38 PM  Show Profile
Kaitlin Nelson, (Young Cultivator of Kristina Nelson, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Make It Fruity badge.

"I picked black raspberries with my mom and I also picked blackberries at the campground.

My mom made pie with the black raspberries and we just ate the blackberries."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  3:54:05 PM  Show Profile
Lilly Garard, (Young Cultivator of Christine Garard, #3133) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an intermediate level I Did It My Way badge.

"I made a wooden seat swing.

It was really fun and I learned a lot about knots. The hardest part was getting the rope over the tree limb. My mom almost peed her pants laughing at me trying to throw it over."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  4:00:05 PM  Show Profile
Evelyn Garard, (Young Cultivator of Christine Garard, #3133) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an intermediate level I Did It My Way badge.

"I made a tree swing.

I thought it was funny when my sister got the rope stuck on a different branch. I had to give it a heave-ho!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  12:17:10 PM  Show Profile
Autumn Whiting, (Young Cultivator of Rebecca Whiting, #3405) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level Trash Talk badge.

"Autumn called DHEC to find out what she could recycle, if the city offered curb side pick-up (which they do on Fridays in our neighborhood), and and where the drop off points were located. She wrote down all the information she was given in her journal.

She found out that there is a wide variety of things that can be recycled in our area. The curb side pick up is on Fridays, and that the city has numerous places that recyclables can be dropped off."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  12:30:37 PM  Show Profile
Autumn Whiting, (Young Cultivator of Rebecca Whiting, #3405) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level It's In the Bag badge.

"Autumn collected three reusable bags.

It turned out great. At first her idea of a reusable bag was kind of small, then we discussed how many different things can be used as a bag. She also assisted myself in making a new one out of an old pair of Dad's army pants."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  12:35:20 PM  Show Profile
Autumn Whiting, (Young Cultivator of Rebecca Whiting, #3405) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning a beginner level It's Not Easy Being Green badge.

"Autumn hosted a family meeting in which she discussed with the rest of us what kinds of things were recyclable and what else we could do to make less waste in our house. We then came to a few decisions as a family in which we dedicated ourselves to making less waste.

We actually came up with more than two different ways in which we could be more green. 1.During the day we decided that we would not use any lights at all unless it was absolutely necessary. In the evenings during dinner, we would also eat without lights and instead use an oil lamp or candles if we needed more light. 2. We decided to quit using paper towels and instead are using flour sack towels. 3. We also dedicated ourselves to using cloth diapers instead of disposable diapers in our home because we have three younger ones in diapers and we can go through a lot of disposable diapers."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  12:40:05 PM  Show Profile
Autumn Whiting, (Young Cultivator of Rebecca Whiting, #3405) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an intermediate level It's Not Easy Being Green badge.

"Autumn helped put the plan that she discussed with the rest of her family into action on ways that we decided together that we could help cut down waste in her family.

Autumn helped me go out and buy flour sack towels to get rid of the need to use paper towels. Autumn also helped us make a plan to use more cloth diapers and has been very good about helping wash them and put them out to dry. She has also participated in helping us buy lamp oil to use in our oil lamps at dinner time and collecting candle wax from used candles to melt down and make into more candles."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  12:47:06 PM  Show Profile
Autumn Whiting, (Young Cultivator of Rebecca Whiting, #3405) has received a certificate of achievement in Cleaning Up for earning an expert level It's Not Easy Being Green badge.

"She gave Dad and I the report on how we are doing with trying to become a little more green.

She informed us that we have been using less trash because we have not been throwing away near as many disposable diapers or paper towels. When something is spilled, now we reach for a flour sack towel instead of a paper towel and then wash them. She also told us that we have been using the lights significantly less, and have even taken to using the oil lamps in the evenings after the sun goes down and not using the lights at all or only using the bare minimum."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  12:09:12 PM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilber, (Young Cultivator of Tammy Burger, #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Make It Fruity badge.

"I went blueberry picking with Tammy then it started to rain on all of us. We got the buckets full.

We had so much FUN together. It was awesome!"

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  12:17:55 PM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilber, (Young Cultivator of Tammy Burger, #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Make It Fruity badge.

"We talked about different ways to dry fruit.

It turned out great!"
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  2:41:52 PM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilber, (Young Cultivator of Tammy Burger, #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an expert level Make It Fruity badge.

"I made fruit leather out of applesauce.

It turned out great."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  12:04:39 PM  Show Profile
Emily Nelson, (Young Cultivator of Kristina Nelson, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an intermediate level Rethink our Space badge.

"I kept my room clean for more than 2 weeks.

I keep a box in my room to clean it up every week."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2011 :  12:09:19 PM  Show Profile
Kaitlin Nelson, (Young Cultivator of Kristina Nelson, #800) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an intermediate level Rethink our Space badge.

"I helped my sister in keeping our room clean for more than 2 weeks.

Mom reminds us to clean up our rooms every week. We use the boxes to pick up the room."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  1:54:19 PM  Show Profile
Rheanna Coffman, (Young Cultivator of Angela Coffman, #3445) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Make It Fruity badge.

"We went to an organic blueberry farm and picked blueberries.

It was great."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  2:03:45 PM  Show Profile
Camille Coffman, (Young Cultivator of Angela Coffman, #3445) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Make It Fruity badge.

"Mom took us to an organic blueberry farm and we picked two big baskets full of blueberries.

It was fun."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  2:13:01 PM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilbur, (Young Cultivator of Tamara Burger, #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning a beginner level Whistle While You Work badge.

"I whistled with the grass because the MaryJane book told me to.

The first time I had a very hard time doing it but the next time I was a little better at it."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  12:39:18 PM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilbur, (Young Cultivator of Tamara Burger, #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Let's Go To Town badge.

"I went to the library and got a card with my mom and my farm sister.

I got a book about mummies."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  12:21:55 PM  Show Profile
Emma Yochim, (Young Cultivator of Elna Yochim, #2983) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a beginner level All Buttoned Up badge.

"I found some of my buttons around my house. I also received some of my buttons as a Christmas present from my grandma. I traded some of my buttons with my mom.

I am glad I have a button collection. I use it when I work on other crafts."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  12:34:17 PM  Show Profile
Emma Yochim, (Young Cultivator of Elna Yochim, #2983) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an intermediate level All Buttoned Up badge.

"I sewed two small buttons on a toy as eyes.

The buttons looked exactly like eyes. Now I can put button eyes on a lot of toys."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16239 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16239 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2011 :  12:37:24 PM  Show Profile
Emma Yochim, (Young Cultivator of Elna Yochim, #2983) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an expert level All Buttoned Up badge.

"I picked out several pink and red buttons from my button collection. Then I put them onto a skinny piece of elastic and tied it.

It is so pretty. I gave it to my cousin as a friendship bracelet."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Young Cultivator Awardees - Awesome!:  Young Cultivator Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page