MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  10:42:28 AM  Show Profile
Ariel Choate, (Young Cultivator of April Choate #658) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a beginner level Table Talk badge.

"My mom asks me to set the table at least once a week. It's usually my younger sister's job now. I did it more when I was her age.

I make sure everyone has the right utensils and stuff to put on the table."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  10:42:59 AM  Show Profile
Ariel Choate, (Young Cultivator of April Choate #658) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an intermediate level Table Talk badge.

"My siblings and I have to clean the kitchen and the dishes every night after supper.

I enjoy working with my siblings when we do the dishes. I usually wash and they dry and put away. But we alternate throughout the week. We sing songs sometimes and act all goofy."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2012 :  10:43:51 AM  Show Profile
Ariel Choate, (Young Cultivator of April Choate #658) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a beginner level Community Service badge.

"Last summer our family visited our Great Grandma in the nursing home everyday for a month before she died. We also spent time visiting with other residents there.

We got to meet a whole bunch of cool people. This one guy named Howard would give us candy each time we were there. We hung out with our Great Great Aunt who was 99. We went to Great Grandma's room to hang out with her and we looked at pictures and talked about the weather. We played games like UNO, Yahtzee and dominoes. During one of the lunches there, we helped serve watermelon to the residents. It was a great experience."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  1:45:54 PM  Show Profile
Jacob Thompson (Young Cultivator of Justine Thompson #2904) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner level Toys badge!

"I talked to my great grandma, my grandma,and my grandpa about their toys. Toys were wood, cloth, and metal. They didn’t have as many toys as I do."

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  2:11:21 PM  Show Profile
Jacob Thompson (Young Cultivator of Justine Thompson #2904) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate level Toys badge!

"I made finger puppets. They are animals: dogs, a mouse, cats, and a rat. I made them out of paper, I drew them and cut them out. It was fun."

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  2:48:46 PM  Show Profile
Jacob Thompson (Young Cultivator of Justine Thompson #2904) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Expert level Toys badge!

"I did a finger puppet show for my dad and mom. It was funny when the mouse said he wanted pickles on his hamburger."

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  3:12:07 PM  Show Profile
Sydney Deberdt (Young Cultivator of Lisa Hoover #4313) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Expert Level All Buttoned Up Badge!

“Today we not only learned to sew a button, start a button collection and complete a button bracelet we also shared button facts. Did you know buttons were originally just added to clothing for decoration, they had no function other than looking nice? Who knew!

We shared a fabulous pancake breakfast, laughed and had a great time. We placed our buttons in mason jars, made a paper with the start date of collection, sewed a button on the cloth to cover the jar.

This was our first young cultivator’s meeting ever! We are looking forward to earning more awesome badges!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2013 :  3:51:46 PM  Show Profile
Jessie May Hoover (Young Cultivator of Lisa Hoover #4313) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Expert Level All Buttoned Up Badge!

“Today we not only learned to sew a button, start a button collection and complete a button bracelet we also shared button facts. Did you know in Medieval times buttons were a sign of wealth and often times buttons would be taken off an article of clothing to pay a debt? Who knew? We shared a fabulous pancake breakfast, laughed and had a great time. We placed our buttons in mason jars, made a paper with the start date of collection, sewed a button on the cloth to cover the jar. So much fun!

We now have lovely button bracelets that we wore to the horse races after our meeting.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2013 :  6:48:17 PM  Show Profile
Jalisidy Hodge (Young Cultivator of Tiana Hodge) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Green Thumb Kids Merit Badge!

“I don't like vegetables that much. I tried fresh broccoli. It wasn't mushy. It did taste good. My favorite fruit is strawberries. My favorite vegetable is now broccoli. It just can't be mushy. My grandma says I have to try a complimentary bite of everything we cook. Now I like broccoli.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  4:58:12 PM  Show Profile
Elaine Seibert (Young Cultivator of Teri Henningsen #4773) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Let's Go To Town Merit Badge!

“Grandma and I went to the library and Grandma asked if I could sign up for my own library card. We got the paper work to fill out and my mom will have to sign it. The library has started story hour but I won't be here for it. I will use my new library card when I come to visit Grandma.

I checked out one movie and two books. The books were Twilight and A Dog Named Christmas.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  5:10:36 PM  Show Profile
Elaine Seibert (Young Cultivator of Teri Henningsen #4773) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Horsing Around Merit Badge!

“We drove around town and looked for horses and found a Shetland Pony. I got out and went up to the fence. The pony came running right up to me at the fence. I was able to touch him and pet his head. My grandma took a picture!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2013 :  5:14:57 PM  Show Profile
Elaine Seibert (Young Cultivator of Teri Henningsen #4773) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Toys Merit Badge!

“I asked my grandma and grandpa what toys they played with when they were little kids. Grandpa played with metal dump trucks and small trucks. He played with stick horses. Grandma played with paper dolls and even made her own from cutting them out of catalogs. The toys were made out of metal instead of rubber or plastic. The paper dolls were home made. Now toys are electronic.

It was fun to hear about their toys. Grandma still has her doll that she had when she was little.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  7:41:38 PM  Show Profile
Nicole Yochim (Young Cultivator of Elna Yochim #2983) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Gone to the Birds Merit Badge!

“I had to be very quiet when I was looking at birds. I drew pictures of the birds I saw in my journal. I had to have a very good eye to spot small birds like sparrows. It was fun to find out what type of birds live around me.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  7:43:28 PM  Show Profile
Nicole Yochim (Young Cultivator of Elna Yochim #2983) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Gone to the Birds Merit Badge!

“My mom helped me use the internet to identify the birds that I drew. I am glad to know which birds lives in my area, so that if a new one comes I can name it.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  7:45:02 PM  Show Profile
Nicole Yochim (Young Cultivator of Elna Yochim #2983) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Expert Level Gone to the Birds Merit Badge!

“The birds here like to eat seeds. I made a bird feeder with a pine cone. I also helped to fill a bird feeder. The birds already ate most of the seed in the feeder and my pine cone is bare.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  7:51:13 PM  Show Profile
Emma Yochim (Young Cultivator of Elna Yochim #2983) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Gone to the Birds Merit Badge!

“I drew many pictures of birds in my journal. I had to stand very still so that I would not scare the birds away. My favorite bird was the Western Bluebird.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  7:53:05 PM  Show Profile
Emma Yochim (Young Cultivator of Elna Yochim #2983) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Gone to the Birds Merit Badge!

“My mom helped me look on the internet to find out what kind of bird I had drawn. I learned a lot about the birds in my area.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2013 :  7:54:49 PM  Show Profile
Emma Yochim (Young Cultivator of Elna Yochim #2983) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Expert Level Gone to the Birds Merit Badge!

“We put up a bird feeder. I helped my mom fill it up. Now the bird feeder is nearly empty. At first we tried to put chicken food in it, but they didn't really like it. Then we put bird seed in.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  4:49:52 PM  Show Profile
Elizabata Wilbur (Young Cultivator of #2495) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level All Dried Up Merit Badge!

“I went to Lone Maple Farms and used basil. We let it set for 5 minutes we stated it in December 2012 to APRIL 10 , 2013.

It turned out great I bet it will taste great.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  4:23:59 PM  Show Profile
Aubrey-Ellen Smith (Young Cultivator of Katrina Smith #4813) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Horsing Around Merit Badge!

“We got in the car and drove around the neighborhood taking pictures of horses. When we took pictures some of the horses came up and let us pet them. There was a brown, white and black one that let us pet them. They didn't care when we took their picture. These horses were our neighbors. They were cute and pretty.

I was happy that the pictures came out so good. I was also happy that we could do it on a sunny day and not a rainy one. I'm also glad that the horses didn't try to knock the camera out of my hands. And my batteries didn't run out.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 08 2013 :  4:38:53 PM  Show Profile
Aubrey-Ellen Smith (Young Cultivator of Katrina Smith #4813) has received a certificate of achievement in Each Other for earning a Beginner Level Thank You! Merit Badge!

“I wrote what I was thankful for in a notebook for two weeks. It was okay. Some days it was hard to think of stuff but I just sat down and thought a little longer. I learned I have a lot to be thankful for.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  5:18:20 PM  Show Profile
Aubrey-Ellen Smith (Young Cultivator of Katrina Smith #4813) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“I came up with lots of fun ways to decorate cakes. After I talked with mom about it we made cup cakes and practiced some of the stuff we talked about. We even made candy out of chocolate. We used frosting, sprinkles, coconut, red hots and the candies that we made. I also put the frosting on in different ways.

They turned out good. I had lots of different designs. I liked how I could use my ideas and the different things and they didn't all have to be the same. I've never made candy before too so that was very neat.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  4:54:22 PM  Show Profile
Chevelle Marsden (Young Cultivator of Christina Marsden #4411) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Horsing Around Merit Badge!

“I drove around and looked at horses. I drew a picture of a white one. I picked that one because it was pretty and as white as snow. I don't know much about breeds but my favorite horse is the Fell Pony. Aunt Ange has a horse and I like to help feed them. It was fun I like to look at horses. Horses are my favorite animal.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  3:34:41 PM  Show Profile
Austin Marsden (Young Cultivator of Christina Marsden #4411) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Horsing Around Merit Badge!

“We drove around and looked at horses. I liked the white horse because he is pretty. I don't know anything about the breeds of horses, but I like all horses. I get to help Roger feed the horses sometimes when I stay the night with Oma. I like looking at horses. It's fun.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  5:25:49 PM  Show Profile
Luna Wolfe (Young Cultivator of Katrina Bogdon #4763) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level All Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I took buttons from a huge pile and sorted by colors and shapes. I got the buttons from my mom and Katrina. This turned out well because it looked so sorted. I liked that many of the buttons are sparkly. They seem almost magical.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Young Cultivator Awardees - Awesome!:  Young Cultivator Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page