MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  3:43:04 PM  Show Profile
Jessi H (Young Cultivators of Julie Hilton #7134) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Table Talk Merit Badge!

“Jessi has been helping with dishes three times a week. She works with mom and sometimes dad. She is learning where dishes go and how to arrange them in dish washer or wash them in sink...some must always be hand washed, some are ok either way.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  4:06:27 PM  Show Profile
Jessi H (Young Cultivators of Julie Hilton #7134) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Farmyard to Kitchen Merit Badge!

“Jessi is learning that chickens provide eggs and meat, pigs provide ribs and pork chops and ham and bacon! We name our animals with names like Bacon and Yummy...

She doesn't much like any kind of eggs right now but likes eggs from our chickens better than ones from store. We drink whole milk only now and we like meat from our pigs much more than from store. Jessi has been learning a lot from our animals as we slowly try new things.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  4:11:42 PM  Show Profile
Jessi H (Young Cultivators of Julie Hilton #7134) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning a Beginner Level I am a Survivor Merit Badge!

“Planned what was needed while camping and hiking in mountains. Camped five nights in mountains with temperatures 15 deg to 40 deg. Everyone did great and it was nice kids knew what to do on hikes and camping. Jessi was proud of herself learning new skills.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2017 :  4:25:25 PM  Show Profile
Jessi H (Young Cultivators of Julie Hilton #7134) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning a Beginner Level Rock Out Merit Badge!

“While on vacation Jessi collected rocks and looked in stores to see how people were making things out of rocks. Jessi found rocks in some tabletops and walkways in garden and a picture frame and lamp. We don’t really have a lot of rocks in our home. She has also noticed gemstones in jewelry. She learned a lot of neat things about rocks.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2017 :  4:30:22 PM  Show Profile
Jessi H (Young Cultivators of Julie Hilton #7134) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning an Intermediate Level Rock Out Merit Badge!

“While on vacation, learned about a lot of rocks not usual near home and learned how they were made and how to recognize them.

Helped to enjoy a vacation near a place where there were lots of unique rock formations.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2017 :  3:26:27 PM  Show Profile
Lily-Anne Hein (Young Cultivator of Joyce Hein #6071) has received a certificate of achievement in Make it Easy for earning a Beginner Level Music Merit Badge!

“I listened to three different songs. The first was one was Emperor Quartet, the second was Gott Erhalte and the last one was a Sonata from Beethoven.

I heard violin, cello and viola in the first one, piano and voice in the second one and only piano in the last one. I heard the rhythm and harmony in all of them.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2017 :  11:34:03 AM  Show Profile
Jessi H (Young Cultivators of Julie Hilton #7134) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Expert Level Weaving In and Out Merit Badge!

“Jessi made several different bracelets using yarn and shared with mom and a couple friends. She also kept some.

We all wore and continue to wear them and think how kind Jessi is!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2017 :  12:01:49 PM  Show Profile
Jessi H (Young Cultivators of Julie Hilton #7134) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Expert Level All Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“Jessi made some button bracelets including beads for herself and mom.

We had fun wearing the bracelets together for a week or so and still wear them sometimes for fun when we want to match or just because.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2017 :  2:12:07 PM  Show Profile
Jessi H (Young Cultivators of Julie Hilton #7134) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning an Beginner Level Lean On Me Merit Badge!

“Jessi and her brother came up with several ideas for lean to forts. Some were with sticks and limbs, others with blankets and couches, some outside, some inside

It was great to see the ideas coming and also working together.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2017 :  2:17:35 PM  Show Profile
Jessi H (Young Cultivators of Julie Hilton #7134) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning an Intermediate Level Lean On Me Merit Badge!

“Jessi and her brother built several lean to's. One outside was made with a pile of limbs and wood. They built it against an old oak tree. It wasn't big enough for both of them at the same time. They built a couple inside with blankets, chairs, a couch, and a table which worked better for sharing but it was a little shaky.

The one which seemed to work best for their idea of getting in together and even inviting the dog was with pieces of wood against the side of a barn. Everyone could fit, but again it didn't last long. They are still working on this!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2017 :  2:36:32 PM  Show Profile
Jessi H (Young Cultivators of Julie Hilton #7134) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning a Beginner Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“Jessi looked for ideas on making a cake for her brothers birthday.

It turned out great. It looked good and was edible.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2017 :  2:37:55 PM  Show Profile
Jessi H (Young Cultivators of Julie Hilton #7134) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“Jessi followed a recipe from a 60 year old cookbook and made the cake!

She learned how to make buttermilk and whip cream from scratch as well as just put the cake together. She did great!”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2017 :  2:39:11 PM  Show Profile
Jessi H (Young Cultivators of Julie Hilton #7134) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“Jessi decorated the cake with icing she made from scratch, strawberries and M&M's! All things her brother likes.

It was great. Tasted good. Looked good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2017 :  3:24:31 PM  Show Profile
Jessi H (Young Cultivators of Julie Hilton #7134) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Rethink Your Space Merit Badge!

“Cleaned up with dad's help. Reorganized. Got rid of some trash, donated some toys and animals, kept her favorite things.

This took awhile as things to get rid of were put aside and when she wanted something she had to write it down. At the end of a month, the things she decided she wanted most got to stay.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2017 :  4:12:41 PM  Show Profile
Jessi H (Young Cultivators of Julie Hilton #7134) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Put Me In, Coach Merit Badge!

“Jessi participated on a track and field team. She ran 4x100 relay, 50 m, as well as did long jump and discus.

She had a great experience, made some friends, and learned that she likes to run. Her 4x100 team got 2nd and she got 5th in discus at the Home School Nationals for the 8 and under age group.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2017 :  4:15:56 PM  Show Profile
Jessi H (Young Cultivators of Julie Hilton #7134) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning a Beginner Level Whistle While You Work Merit Badge!

“Jessi went with her brother and mom to Cub Scouts Family Camp. One of the things she wanted to learn was how to whistle with grass. Perfect place and lots of time.

She especially had fun teaching some of the boys how to do it! She liked how it tickled her lips. She is learning to make different sounds with different sizes of grass.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2017 :  4:30:51 PM  Show Profile
Jessi H (Young Cultivators of Julie Hilton #7134) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Expert Level Music Merit Badge!

“Between August and December we attended a dance recital in Rogers, Arkansas from a university in Idaho; A musical play in Orem, Utah, which Jessi had only been seen on video previously; and a concert at University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Jessi loved the dance recital. She especially liked the jazz, storytelling, and 50's numbers. It was a revue which told a story through the whole show. She'd watched a video of the musical play many times and was excited to see it in person. It only plays in the west during November and December so we planned our vacation around it! She got to meet the author and main actor and also got a Christmas ornament and music box which plays one of the main songs. She plays it before bed most nights! The concert was a country band doing a Christmas show. She loved the music, especially their version of Little Drummer Boy. She got to meet the band after and enjoyed that also.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2017 :  4:12:14 PM  Show Profile
Katie Hudson (Young Cultivator of Shannon Hudson #5349) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level All Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“I have collected over 50 buttons for my button collection, for this badge. Some of these buttons came as extras with clothing, some I cut up from clothes that we had to get rid of, due to them being stained, torn, or too small, that we didn't like anymore. Some of them were also extras from mommy.

I'm quite excited to have begun my button collection.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2017 :  3:27:37 PM  Show Profile
Myca Hunt (Young Cultivators of Sylvia Hunt #6011) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level All Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“In 2015 and 2016 Myca was collecting buttons from Mom's sewing box, her Maw Maw, and misc. craft supplies. She put them in a labeled zip bag. Now they are on hand for crafting and sewing.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2017 :  10:56:44 AM  Show Profile
Myca Hunt (Young Cultivators of Sylvia Hunt #6011) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level All Buttoned Up Merit Badge!

“With guidance from me, Myca sewed one of her buttons onto a scrap of fabric.

The endeavor went well. She was glad to sew the button onto the fabric.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2017 :  3:25:15 PM  Show Profile
Tam Cunniff (Young Cultivator of Ann Marie Cunniff #5503) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Horse Dreams Merit Badge!

“In March 2017, we discovered a place called Mill Swamp Indian Horses, in Smithfield VA, owned by Steve Edwards. Mill Swamp is a livestock breed conservation program, dedicated to preserving and promoting Colonial Spanish Mustangs. These are some of the rarest and oldest horses in America. Colonial Spanish Mustangs are so close to extinction, that there is no proper term. They are past endangered. We decided to start coming out to the farm to care for the horses, and even train some horses and ride as well. We have become part of the community, and we now help promote these rare horses. The efforts of Steve Edwards and volunteers have kept strains of Colonial Spanish Mustangs from going extinct.

After coming to the farm for a little less than a year, we have grown to love Mill Swamp Indian Horses. The farm has become our second home, and we are proud to say that we go to a farm that preserves rare horses.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2018 :  09:21:36 AM  Show Profile
Lily-anne Hein (Young Cultivator of Joyce Hein #6071) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Music Merit Badge!

“I made a maraca. I played it as an ensemble, with friends, to music. We then had a concert for our family. It was fun. I put beans in the maraca.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2018 :  09:33:01 AM  Show Profile
Lily-anne Hein (Young Cultivator of Joyce Hein #6071) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Bovine Buddy Merit Badge!

“I drew pictures of our cows, we tried to look for cows in the neighborhood but we couldn't find any because it's too cold. We went to a neighbor's barn to look at his cows instead. My favourite part was drawing the cows.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2018 :  09:42:27 AM  Show Profile
Lily-anne Hein (Young Cultivator of Joyce Hein #6071) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning a Beginner Level Farmyard to Kitchen Merit Badge!

“I know that chickens and turkeys produce eggs. Cows, goats and sheep produce milk. They have protein that is good for you. We eat yogurt, oatmeal, cheese, whipped cream and butter that come from cows. We eat boiled, fried and scrambled eggs and use them in baking. We have chickens and we eat their eggs all the time. I also tried goats milk for one week. I LOVED it.

Mommy bought goats so we can have more goat milk. We have our own chickens so we can have farm fresh organic eggs all the time. We have a cow, too, that gives milk. I ate chicken and turkey eggs. I drank raw cow and goats milk.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2018 :  09:51:30 AM  Show Profile
Lily-anne Hein (Young Cultivator of Joyce Hein #6071) has received a certificate of achievement in Garden Gate for earning an Intermediate Level Farmyard to Kitchen Merit Badge!

“We have many types of chickens - my two favorites are Ameraucana and Columbia Rock. The Ameraucana's lay blue eggs and their chicks are black. The Columbia Rocks eggs are brown, chicks are yellow. They are white and black. My mom's favorite chicken is her Buff Orpington's. They are yellow chicks and brown eggs. They are light brown and big when they grow up. Our baby goats are white (Saanen) and they will be white when they grow up. They will give goat milk. Our cow is a jersey. She was light brown when she was a baby. But now she's black and brown. Her baby is light brown right now. It takes about a year before you can breed them, and two years before you milk them. I tried cow milk unpasteurized, goat milk, and sheep butter. Our chicken eggs are brown and blue. I tried them as well. I also tried white eggs from the store.

I prefer the unpasteurized cow milk over pasteurized from the store. I love goat milk. I like our eggs better than the store because they are orange/yellow yokes, not pale yellow like the store. They are yellow because they don't get to run around a lot. Ours do.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Young Cultivator Awardees - Awesome!:  Young Cultivator Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page