MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  12:49:09 PM  Show Profile
Lilly Galde (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning a Beginner Level Rock Out Merit Badge!

“Lilly and I talked about what rocks and minerals are used as. Building material, for cars, roads, appliances, and house foundations. For my mom's make-up. It is in the water. The walls in my house. The floors in my house. My computer.

She had fun doing talking about it. We went on google to see pictures.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  12:50:12 PM  Show Profile
Lilly Galde (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning an Intermediate Level Rock Out Merit Badge!

“Lilly went on a hike and looked in the yard and found several rooks. She described the rocks as having flat side, pointy sides black rocks, white rocks, marble in color, and one looks like a meteor. She liked doing this one.”

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  12:51:07 PM  Show Profile
Lilly Galde (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning an Expert Level Rock Out Merit Badge!

“Lilly made her display for her collection. She shared it with the daycare. They liked seeing all the different rocks she collected.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  12:52:15 PM  Show Profile
Lilly Galde (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning a Beginner Level Lean On Me Merit Badge!

“Lilly looked at the book and she came up with a design to make her lean-to. She liked looking at the book for ideas.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  12:53:10 PM  Show Profile
Lilly Galde (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning an Intermediate Level Lean On Me Merit Badge!

“Lilly built her Lean-to with the other kids. They did it as a group. It turned out good.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  12:53:43 PM  Show Profile
Lilly Galde (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning an Expert Level Lean On Me Merit Badge!

“Lilly used wood sticks, pallets, and old blankets to make it. She invited some friends over and they all had tea in the lean-to. It turned out good, she loved having tea with her friends in it.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  1:05:34 PM  Show Profile
Tobi Khan (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning a Beginner Level Park Place Merit Badge!

“Tobi went to a park with some friends and they picked up trash together. He had a fun time.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  1:06:13 PM  Show Profile
Tobi Khan (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning an Intermediate Level Park Place Merit Badge!

“Tobi was able to identify 4 different kinds of trees in the park. He saw Oregon ash (Fraxinus latifolia) California black walnut (Juglans hindsii) Fremont cottonwood (Populus fremontii), and Willow (Salix spp.). He liked learning the names of the trees.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  1:06:47 PM  Show Profile
Tobi Khan (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning an Expert Level Park Place Merit Badge!

“Tobi contacted the local park service and they said that because of covid that they are not doing any public tree planting right now.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  1:22:51 PM  Show Profile
Theron Wood (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning a Beginner Level Bejeweled Merit Badge!

“Theron started a small collection of beads, string, wire, claps, and some tools to get started. He liked looking in my bead cabinet to pick out some extra tools I had.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  1:25:16 PM  Show Profile
Theron Wood (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Intermediate Level Bejeweled Merit Badge!

“Theron organized all of his supplies. He made one necklace, one bracelet, and a pair of earrings. He struggled with the earrings but was happy when he finished them.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  1:26:16 PM  Show Profile
Theron Wood (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning a Beginner Level Rock Out Merit Badge!

“Theron and I talked about what rocks and minerals are used as. Building material, for cars, roads, and appliances. It's in the water. The walls in my house. The floors in my house, and the foundation for our house. He liked looking at all the things that the rocks are used for.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  1:26:48 PM  Show Profile
Theron Wood (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning an Intermediate Level Rock Out Merit Badge!

“Theron went on a hike and looked in the yard and found several rooks. He described the rocks as one looked like the floor in my house, looks like an avocado, it looks like a mountain and is light black, small, dark tan in color. He liked it.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  1:27:36 PM  Show Profile
Theron Wood (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning an Expert Level Rock Out Merit Badge!

“Theron made his display for his collection. He shared it with the daycare. They liked seeing all the different rocks he collected. He had fun sharing his display.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  1:28:14 PM  Show Profile
Theron Wood (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning a Beginner Level Lean On Me Merit Badge!

“Theron looked at the book and he came up with a design to make her lean-to. He liked his idea.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  1:29:12 PM  Show Profile
Theron Wood (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning an Intermediate Level Lean On Me Merit Badge!

“Theron built a lean-to He did it with a group of friends. He used sticks, pallets, and old blankets to make it. He liked how it came out.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  1:30:18 PM  Show Profile
Theron Wood (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Out There Kids for earning an Expert Level Lean On Me Merit Badge!

“Theron invited some friends over and they all had tea in the lean-to. It turned out good. He loved having tea with his friends in it.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  1:58:51 PM  Show Profile
Theron Wood (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark #8292) has received a certificate of achievement in Make It Easy for earning an Expert Level Bejeweled Merit Badge!

“Theron made 3 more bracelets. He sold them to Mister Ed. We then went to dollar tree and he bought some more beads to make more jewelry. He liked making the bracelets, they were much easier than making the earrings.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2021 :  09:59:00 AM  Show Profile
“The Brentwood Farmgirl’s Young Cultivators group have been working on a variety of badges.

In Stitching & Crafting, we worked on the Toys Badge. For the Beginner Level, we talked about the toys their parents and grandparents had growing up and how they’re different from toys today. For the Intermediate and Expert levels, we made puppets from paper sacks and put on a show. It was fun!

We worked on the All Buttoned Up badge in Stitching & Crafting. For the Beginner Level, we started button collections. For the Intermediate Level, we practiced sewing buttons onto fabric, and then, for the Expert Level, we made bracelets out of buttons.

We worked on the Rock Out badge in Out There Kids. For the Beginner Level, we talked about the ways rocks and minerals are used in everyday items. We talked about how we can find rocks and minerals used as building materials, to build cars, roads, and appliances. Rocks are used to make the foundations of houses and buildings. They are in the walls of our houses, the floors, in mom’s make-up, and there are minerals in our water. For the Intermediate Level, we went around collecting interesting rocks of different, shapes, sizes, colors, and textures. Then, for the Expert Level, we arranged the rocks into displays and shared them with one another.

We worked on the Get Buggy badge in Garden Gate. For the Beginner Level, we made an insect journal, talked about the different types of bugs, and the idea that there are good bugs too. We made a list of the ways insects can help. Some of the ideas were that good bugs clean up waste, they pollinate plants, and they eat bad bugs. For the Intermediate Level, we went outside searching for all sorts of bugs, and brought the journal along to record some of the bugs we found. For the Expert Level, we used the internet to identify the insects we saw on our walk. We learned that one of the creatures we saw was a lizard, not an insect.

We worked on the Little Scrappers badge in Stitching & Crafting. For the Beginner Level, we took pictures of a day at the park. For the Intermediate Level, we gathered materials to create some scrapbook pages. We used paper, markers, glue, stickers, flowers, and the pictures. For the Expert Level, the pages were shared with friends and family.

We had so much fun working on all these badges!”

Young Cultivator Badge Awardees:

Seren Winston (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark, #8292)
Beginner badge: Stitching & Crafting / All Buttoned Up
Intermediate badge: Stitching & Crafting / All Buttoned Up
Expert badge: Stitching & Crafting / All Buttoned Up
Beginner badge: Stitching & Crafting / Little Scrappers
Intermediate badge: Stitching & Crafting / Little Scrappers
Expert badge: Stitching & Crafting / Little Scrappers
Beginner badge: Out There Kids / Rock Out
Intermediate badge: Out There Kids / Rock Out
Expert badge: Out There Kids / Rock Out
Beginner badge: Garden Gate / Get Buggy
Intermediate badge: Garden Gate / Get Buggy
Expert badge: Garden Gate / Get Buggy

Lilly Galde (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark, #8292)
Beginner badge: Stitching & Crafting / Toys
Intermediate badge: Stitching & Crafting / Toys
Expert badge: Stitching & Crafting / Toys

Alyssa Wood (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark, #8292)

Theron Wood (Young Cultivator of Allison Clark, #8292)

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2021 :  12:24:47 PM  Show Profile
Kaily Corey (Young Cultivator of Cypriana Corey #8360) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning a Beginner Level Weaving In and Out Merit Badge!

“Kaily picked out some soft pink yarn from my yarn stash. We got 3 strands an I tied the knot for her. She tied it to an old trunk and braided the yarn. I tied the knot for her and she wanted a flower on it.

It's cute and she did well with her first tome braiding.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2021 :  11:36:02 AM  Show Profile
Kaily Corey (Young Cultivator of Cypriana Corey #8360) has received a certificate of achievement in Stitching & Crafting for earning an Intermediate Level Weaving In and Out Merit Badge!

“Kaily wanted to make another pink friendship bracelet for her little friend Grace. I helped with the knots she braided it. We will give it to her this weekend. It's cute and it was fun to do with her.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2022 :  3:08:01 PM  Show Profile
Alyssa Wood (Young Cultivator of Candy Hogan #8283), has completed the following badges:

Intermediate badge: Make It Easy / I Did It My Way
Expert badge: Make It Easy / I Did It My Way
Expert badge: Out There Kids / Park Place
Expert badge: Each Other / Community Service
Expert badge: Garden Gate / Bees R Us

“For the I Did It My Way badge, Alyssa built a wood swing, hung it, and used it. She also built and painted a bird house.
For the Park Place badge, Alyssa researched how to correctly plant a tree, then looked up Arbor Day, and our local East Bay Regional Park District; due to Covid-19, no gatherings were allowed to get together in person to plant a tree with a park ranger.
For the Community Service badge, Alyssa helped to sell tickets to a tri-tip dinner fundraiser to benefit 2 local 4-H clubs, she also participates in two services each month with her local 4-H Club.
For the Bees R Us badge, Alyssa has been helping to raise bees for 2 years, taking care of and harvesting the honey.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2022 :  3:09:27 PM  Show Profile
Theron Wood (Young Cultivator of Candy Hogan #8283), has completed the following badges:

Intermediate badge: Make It Easy / I Did It My Way
Expert badge: Make It Easy / I Did It My Way
Expert Badge: Out There Kids / Park Place
Expert badge: Each Other / Community Service
Expert badge: Garden Gate / Bees R Us

“For the I Did It My Way badge, Theron built a wood swing, hung it, and used it. He also built and painted a bird house.
For the Park Place badge, Theron researched how to correctly plant a tree, then looked up Arbor Day, and our local East Bay Regional Park District; due to Covid-19, no gatherings were allowed to get together in person to plant a tree with a park ranger.
For the Community Service badge, Theron helped to sell tickets to a tri tip dinner fundraiser to benefit 2 local 4-H clubs, he also participates in two services each month with his local 4-H Club.
For the Bees R Us badge, Theron has been helping to raise bees for 2 years, taking care of and harvesting the honey.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2022 :  08:15:25 AM  Show Profile
Madison Joplin (Young Cultivator of Nancy Joplin #8352) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Intermediate Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“We planned and made a cake from scratch. We made a pineapple upside down cake. it turned out really good. My grandma has two baking books and we found the pineapple upside down cake in one of the books. My parents came over and said that I need to make one for Thanksgiving, but I didn't have time to make it.”

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16267 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16267 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2022 :  08:15:58 AM  Show Profile
Madison Joplin (Young Cultivator of Nancy Joplin #8352) has received a certificate of achievement in Farm Kitchen for earning an Expert Level Icing on the Cake Merit Badge!

“I decorated my cake. My grandma took a picture, but we have to figure out how to put it online. We will send it in when we figure it out.

We decorated the cake with pineapple slices, cherries, and brown sugar. We put that on the bottom of the pan before the batter. When It cooled, we cut it and ate it. It turned out really pretty.”

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 35 Young Cultivator Awardees - Awesome!:  Young Cultivator Awardees   
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page