Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2013 :  4:08:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh wow.....ya'll are just amazing industrious women. Keep on doing what your doing.... It looks marvelous.

I am working on 56 Pay-It-Forward gifts that need to be finished and sent out by January 1st. Sure hope I make it. I have a wedding and 2 trips and of course Thanksgiving and Christmas in that time frame also. Then I'm quilting on my UFO's from New Year til Summer. Keep those project photos coming...you are inspiring me!!!

Hugs and prayers,
Daizy #1093

Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4899 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4899 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2013 :  12:59:51 PM  Show Profile
Thought everyone would love this!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2013 :  2:36:18 PM  Show Profile
My quilt for a birthday/Christmas gift was finished a couple of weeks ago. Turned out pretty good if I do say so.

Betty in Pasco

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2013 :  2:57:58 PM  Show Profile
Betty, that is just beautiful!!!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2013 :  4:40:23 PM  Show Profile
Oooooooo! That is very pretty, Betty!!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2013 :  6:31:48 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Farmgirl friends. That is the second quilt I made using that pattern. It is HUGE! Queen size. I think my DDIL will love it. I still have one more to make. My first was made with a black background and my son-in-law really liked it. My second is as you see it. My third will have a silver gray background. Will be glad to get it finished so I can start something new.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2013 :  8:20:36 PM  Show Profile
Juanita,

Yes, I have the stash overflow problem and no time to tackle it. I have yarn, crochet cotton, fabric, macramé cord, beads etc. If you want to downsize the stash of things you don't really need, bartering them for stuff you really do need. No money involved except for shipping and it is a win on both sides.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2013 :  9:39:00 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Juanita,
I HAD to do a major destashing in the past few months. Just feeling overwhelmed and it became necessary for my sanity! It took some effort to get started because I didn't where to start but I'm SOOOOOOOO glad I did and have been able to reclaim some of my house and actually SEE most of my supplies. I had so much stuff that I had had a long time and wasn't using. I make aprons to sell and had to just sew through and use up a lot of fabric . . . haven't purchased any since March and it's been nice to make some sense of it all.
Wishing you the best with your projects and endeavors!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4899 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4899 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  3:15:31 PM  Show Profile
Sherone, I got my Little Dress Kitchen Towel Today! It is so precious! I am saving it for Thanksgiving! I am having Thanksgiving at my home this year and all the girls will love it!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2013 :  5:49:22 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I finished an order for a customer for curtain panels (AARRGGGHHHH), tablecloth and six placemats. SOOOOOOO glad to be done!!!

Then, I've also been cleaning out my "new" little glamper that just came to live at my house on Monday. So tickled to bring "REIVER'S REST" home for my daughter and me for our glamping adventures.

CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  09:39:06 AM  Show Profile
Just finished up with these. They took me a while to make but I really like how they came out. The book angel is my favorite as I am an absolute book nut.

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  10:03:50 AM  Show Profile
Really cute Marcy.

Farmgirl #5111
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  8:05:26 PM  Show Profile
oh how I luv popping in here... you lovely ladies are 'sew' talented! I really need to get back to my craft/sewing room... hopefully by this weekend I will have my sewing tables up and ready to use... especially since I am in an Apron swap and have less than 2 weeks to get it done!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2013 :  8:46:05 PM  Show Profile
I finally will have time this weekend to put a dent in my mending. The problem is that I have mixed the ironing with the mending so I will have to sort that out.

This weekend I will be volunteering at a Fixit Clinic. This is a county-wide program which sets up shop in various places and people volunteer their skills to fix whatever someone brings in and teach them how to do it themselves next time. I will be bringing my sewing machine, some material to make patches, thread and whatever tools I need to sew. Guess I'll have to bring an iron too.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2013 :  05:48:17 AM  Show Profile
Marie- that is AWESOME!! Wish I was there to learn- what a great way to give to people!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

neeter302
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Anita
Hanover Indiana
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2013 :  05:51:24 AM  Show Profile
Been watching Youtube videos on making mittens from old felted sweaters...looks like a fun, easy and inexpensive project and they are so adorable. Problem is I'm not that into mittens! I love the look but don't like not being able to have my finger dexterity so maybe I'll opt for some fingerless glove/arm warmers or something like that. On my way now to thrift store for some sweaters!

Farmgirl #522
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2013 :  06:50:07 AM  Show Profile
Fingerless gloves and wristlets are very popular now because of the wide use of cell phones, iPhones and pads.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2013 :  07:27:40 AM  Show Profile
Seeing the apron pattern, I can't believe we women had waists that looked so small. Mom always said that my 23 inch waist was impossible to maintain--she was right. It has bloomed.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2013 :  08:27:07 AM  Show Profile
Marcy, Your angels are so sweet!
What a great idea and wonderful service, Marie!
I love those handwarmers, Neeter! I'll have to make some. I already make handwarmers and what I call sleevies (for my elbows) but they sure aren't as pretty as those pictured.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  05:59:24 AM  Show Profile
I made this little cat and really like it.

But I think this is one of my favorites. You can't beat a teddy bear and his pony.

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CindyG
True Blue Farmgirl

293 Posts

Cindy
Fairfax VA
USA
293 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2013 :  06:10:09 AM  Show Profile
Marcy,

The word to describe your clay pieces: delightful : )

They are just so charming and really are full of delight. I admire your creativity and talent.

My best clay work was done around the age of maybe 6 when we all made the ubiquitous dish (used to be an ashy tray, right?) in art class at school. It has been downhill from there!
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  5:03:00 PM  Show Profile
Love the idea of the wrist warmers from felted sweaters. I just happen to have some sweaters and my daughter wants wrist warmers. Hmmm.... Christmas present coming up.

Lavender Rose

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4899 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4899 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  6:42:40 PM  Show Profile
Marcy, Those are so adorable!!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  11:47:51 PM  Show Profile
Anita...love the wrist warmers!!

Marcy...your clay creations always amaze me.

Betty J...your quilt came out so pretty.

Judith...you don't look old enough to have great grandbabies. The pictures were all precious.
You have been very busy this summer. You amaze me being a Fibro girl that you get so much
accomplished.

Connie...did you say that table cloth was from your grandmother? It was so pretty. I only made one
small stitch crochet piece in my entire life and it was back when I was in my 20's and I made a
huge ripple round tv doily and never again did I ever attempt anything with such a small needle.
Probably why I have arthritis in my hands to this day. LOL

Everyone does such awesome work...love popping on here and checking it out. I am always lurking.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2013 :  03:10:20 AM  Show Profile
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc394/batznthebelfry/mpics835.jpghttp://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc394/batznthebelfry/mpics911.jpg?t=1384598677
Ok still haven't figured this out where it will put the picture here but these are some of the snowflake wreaths I did while at the farm with old electrical fence webbing I found that had been pulled off the posts & dumped in a huge pile. since I love origami I thought since the webbing could be bend & shaped I could create something with it during the cold snowy winter....Michele'

Chickens RULE!
hen #2622
www.theoldbatzfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page