Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  06:19:46 AM  Show Profile
I'm working on a charcoal grey and pink knit hat for Violet for the fall and winter. Her Grands bought her a lovely light pink quilted barn jacket that's lined with brown, pink and grey plaid. I had some scraps and they worked out perfectly--funny, that on the hottest days of the year (95), I wanted to break out the knitting!!!!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  10:39:23 AM  Show Profile
Jonni...you sound as bad as me! But now that Pam spurred me back-on to embroidery I find that much
more conducive to working on in hot weather. But I still knit on wash clothes every night! Not as
bad as winter weight yarn though. Love the colors in your hat for Violet.

Pam...knowing you I am sure that pillow was gorgeous! Do you ever keep any of your projects? If you
are like me, I give most everything I make away. I have kept one Knit Shawl for myself and I am going
to embroidery a Garden Angel Apron and keep that for myself (I think) LOL

Juanita...you need to come to the Porch tonight and bring some of that Blackberry Jelly and some biscuits.
Hint! Hint! ;+)

Hugs,
~peg

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  4:03:00 PM  Show Profile
Wow, all of you have been very busy!!
I just finished up a large order of hats, wraps, hooded wraps, zippered vests, long vests and headbands. Whew! I am tired tonight! Looking forward to a good nights sleep so I can start the next order tomorrow morning bright and early

Joanna #566
"Keeping Traditions Alive A Stitch At A Time"
JojoNH
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bellagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Carmen
Holland MI
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  5:43:45 PM  Show Profile
I'm just gettin gready to layer and quilt my grand-daughter's wedding gift (Sept 4) I'd better get a move on! Tonight after dinner, I made her pillow cases to go with the sheet set for her shower next sautrday. After reading all these post, I have enjoyed hearing what everyone else is up to during these lazy days of summer.
MJFG #1443
Bellagirl

Blessings from Heaven and Earth
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  5:56:06 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I usually give everything away. I am always up for a little swapping. Hee hee!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  01:06:45 AM  Show Profile
Pam...I am afraid you would get the short end of the stick...with swapping
with me. Your work is so gorgeous! I do knit great shawls though! I have lots
of practice knitting and giving away 38+++ (I quit counting after 38). So, if
you ever want to swap one of your vintage tinted ladies for one of my shawls
just let me know. :+)

blessings,
`peggy

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  4:31:09 PM  Show Profile
Helping my newly married daughter sew Christmas stockings for herself and her new hubby (she's visiting from FL for a week), then I'll start another apron for one of her friends. Dianne

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  6:09:15 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Here's the redwork pillow I did.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7528267@N02/4834925172/

I'm now getting started on embroidering a jean jacket. It's going to be a tinted lady camping scene.

Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  8:18:58 PM  Show Profile
I'd like to see that jean jacket when it's done. It sounds very pretty.

I started on a special doll's body last night. Today I went and bought something called a Purple Thang. It's designed to help stuff small doll arms and legs. I'll let you know how it works. One more dishcloth done. I think I need to start piles of them for Christmas gifts. My daughter-in-law really likes them as does my sister. Sort of sounds like a plan. Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  12:48:25 AM  Show Profile
Pam...your Redwork Pillow was beautiful! And I absolutely want to see your Jean Jacket
when you are done. I went on your blog site and had fun touring around there.
And girlfriend...you need those Red Cut-out Boots! They were AWESOME!

Dianne...I loved making Christmas Stockings! Good for you and your daughter. What a Happy Project
to work on together.

Juanita...I didn't know you were starting a new Church! I will be praying for you!

Suzanne...aren't dish clothes fun to do? I make one almost every night.

Well, I just arranged to have both my young grand-daughters from Spokane come to visit us for
the week next week. I couldn't have them at our place before because of our other dogs temperament.
But since we had to put him down...I can feel comfortable having the grandkids come here instead of US
always having to go there to see them. Hallie is 8 and Sabrielle is 6. We are going to make some
memories together this coming week.

Good Night My Farm Sisters,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 30 2010 12:50:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  04:01:08 AM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy! Enjoy your granddaughters. You sound like a wonderful grandmother who truly enjoys spending time with the little ones. I am looking forward to those days, but with a 12 year old still in the house (my other children are 18, 21 and 24), I need a bit of a break before the grandkids come along! I hope by then to have a little farm where the grandchildren can visit for weeks at a time. We want to hear all about your week. Dianne

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  08:14:37 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Juanita! How exciting! Please keep us posted. I starting the tinting part of the jean jacket last night. I decided to put the pattern on white fabric and then sew it to the jacket with a border around it. I embroidered a little girl's jacket with a rainbow unicorn before-this the tinted lady is gonna be much easier.

Peggy! I DO need those boots! Badly! ;)

Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  08:18:44 AM  Show Profile
STILL working on the hat for Violet...when decreasing and ready to switch to double points, I remembered that sometime last year, one of the dogs ate some of my double points. And yep, in the size 10 that I need. So, off to the knitting store I go this weekend...

I am also going to start working on a knitted bunny for our friend's baby, due in November. I don't always do well with multiple projects, but Vi's hat is JUST about finished, so I should be able to multi-task :)

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  08:20:26 AM  Show Profile
Working on another quilted pillow, but not for long today I am going into the School of Fine Arts in Boston, one of my cousins daughters is showing some art there today. I thought it would be fun to go in. Have not been there for years, last time was when I was going to school in Boston for Art.
Jill
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  1:44:33 PM  Show Profile
Jill...that sounds like an exciting time. I enjoy viewing Art too though for the most part I am
too much of A Realist to enjoy all aspects of Art. I do however like some Impressionistic
Art. Have fun! Do you do much with your own Art Abilities Jill? You'll have to share with
us what you enjoy Artistically the Best.

Jonni...I hope you are going to post a picture of Violet's hat when you are finished with it.

Pam...is your Jean Jacket Project for you or a Swap or a Gift for someone else? I hope you are doing
it for yourself. It would look good with those boots you had on in your last Video. I am afraid
to ask how much those Red Cut-Out Boots Cost but they are really HOT and I could so see you in them.

Dianne...I do plan to have so much fun with the GD's. I want to teach them some simple crafting while they
are here too and they can help me in The Garden. And I plan to take them to a kid's movie on Tues.
I love kids movies as much as the kids do...so, I am looking forward to it myself. Last night I went to a
movie with some of my girlfriends and we had free passes (which was nice) but I wanted a soda to drink
and so did another gal (who is a young mother with many expenses) so I offered to purchase her drink. And if I could have possibly fallen off the floor, I would have, when the girl told me the total for two
small diet soda's was $9.50. Good thing we got into the movie for free!

Today I am going to start a cute embroidery piece (I hope) off of one of Pam's friends blog sites. It is an adorable Pattern called "Ciao Bella" a vintage girl on a Vespa...holding balloons. It is so adorable! My problem is I love to multi-task and can easily get too many projects going at one time. So, I might have to wait on this one... Pam, this would be adorable on a Jean Jacket too, I might have to go that route, see...you got me inspired again! YOU seem to have that affect on me. LOL

You girls keep me happy,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 30 2010 1:50:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  5:25:38 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Awww, Peggy-you are too kind. I am making the jacket for a friend so she can wear it while in London. That pattern would be so cute on a jacket. You should do it!

WOW! 9.50? That is crazy!

Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2010 :  6:04:21 PM  Show Profile
I like the idea of the Waste Watchers -- that's fun. Each year, I take a group of college students to clean up a section of highway that we adopted. Or perhaps they take me -- at any rate it is a fun time for us.

Ah, the weekend coming and time for gardening and sewing and being with my husband and my lovely boxer, Abby. Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2010 :  05:10:51 AM  Show Profile
Probably work on pew decorations & candles for Ashley's wedding in 2 weeks! Yikes! If it doesn't rain need to pick beans also. So much to do & only so many hours to do it! I am tired just thinking about it.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

http://rua2j-grammysheirlooms.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2010 :  07:37:52 AM  Show Profile
Peg, some of the kids art was amazing so realistic. I do some but don't sit down and paint like I use to. I do more of a mixed media, faux art, more craft projects I guess you could say. I am going to have to get a blog going when I get a change to have someone help me and take the time.
Today I am back to working on the pillow and starting another one. Have to clean my craft room up cant find a thing.
Jill
Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2010 :  08:09:37 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, have fun with the grandkids.

I woke up this morning to find our oldest son on the couch, wife and kids were in the guest room, and I had to leave for work. They'll be camping by the time I get home. I did slip into my stitching room and cut out the clothes for the new doll before I left the house.

I like to work on dishclothes or other hand work in the evenings. My legs get restless then so I just use the hand work to help keep them quiet. Oddly, it works well. Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2010 :  10:37:48 AM  Show Profile
Today...I am working on Laundry and cleaning up my room as the GD's will be sleeping on my
bedroom floor in sleeping bags. We'll be camping out in the Apartment for a week! :+)

You guys will be my moments of Sanity during the week. I am already thinking...oh, do I really
know what I am getting in to taking both of them for 7 days. Hee Hee! It'll all be good, I am
sure! One of my GS's here calls me The Fun Grandma...so, I am hoping the girls think so too
after 7 days with me. LOL

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

katrina
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Katrina
The Dalles Oregon
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2010 :  1:57:33 PM  Show Profile
Today my hubby and I canned some nectarines (he actually did most of the work), and I hit up the local fabric store, which is sadly closing down. Got stocked up for the quilt, some aprons, skirts, kid jammies, and a bag.

www.WorkOfArtCreations.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2010 :  11:27:43 PM  Show Profile
Katrina...I have never heard of canning nectarines but I bet they taste every bit as
good as canned peaches. Isn't it more difficult to remove the seed? Or do you just slice
around it?

Suzanne...didn't you say your garden wasn't doing so well this year? I just discovered today
that my spaghetti squash was rotting right off the vine. I am assuming because of all the rain
and cooler weather we had in the Spring and even this summer but it is very disheartening. :+(

I hope my grand-daughters want to learn some crafting because Grammy wants to teach them some.
Well...say a little prayer for me...as I raised 3 sons and I love my GD's but have never had
them stay for 7 days and tend to be a tad partial to boys (I wonder why?). I was so excited when
I invited them and now I am getting nervous. Maybe because I know my hubby won't be any help
with them. LOL He will tease them unmercifully but that is the best I can hope for.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2010 :  04:43:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone!!
sorry I have not been on much recently, been buried in work and believe me, that is a wonderful blessing!!

Today I have 25 headbands, 30 scrunchies and 24 hats to make. . . although I do not believe I will get quite all of it done, sure feels good to have it to do!! I will try to remember to take a few pictures to share with all of you

Hope all you you have a wonderful day!

Joanna #566
"Keeping Traditions Alive A Stitch At A Time"
JojoNH
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

shunger
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Suzanne
Helena MT
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2010 :  06:14:39 AM  Show Profile
Joanna, it's so very good to hear from you and to hear that you have lots of sewing work. Working while doing something you enjoy is indeed a blessing, suzanne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page