Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2019 :  10:03:08 PM  Show Profile
Krista,, way to cute.. you are so talented...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2208 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2208 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2019 :  06:43:35 AM  Show Profile
The bath bombs are lavender. They were so strong I could've used them as sachets. My next scent will be rose or eucalyptus.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. Hedley Lamarr
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6705 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6705 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2019 :  1:24:24 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Grace! She came and picked them up on Friday night and I had a hard time parting with the deer! Now I need to make one for myself. Sometimes it's really hard to part with my work.

Vanessa, I bet the rose will smell lovely. That would be my choice.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6705 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6705 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2019 :  2:16:10 PM  Show Profile
Spring is finally here!! I think many of us are spending our time outdoors right now! This definitely doesn't help my project to do list lol! But that's ok. I'm loving the sunshine!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Nanniekim
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Kim
Arizona
206 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2019 :  8:06:34 PM  Show Profile
Krista, love the darling deer!

Kim
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6705 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6705 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2019 :  11:17:35 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Kim!

We have some thunder storms going on today, so I will be staying inside and catching up on some crochet. I love spring rainy days where you can leave the window open to hear and smell the rain. Makes me feel productive!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2019 :  11:43:15 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I will be working on some new projects - I know, just what I needed. I scored at an estate sale and have in the washing machine a cutter quilt ($5) and 9 cotton tablecloths ($.50 each). I see some aprons and pillow covers for sale in the future.

There are a couple more cutter quilts that I may go back for on Sunday - when they will be even cheaper. The sale is at a friend's house because they are moving around the corner from their current location. These are tablecloths and quilts she bought for projects and never used and she decided to cut their clutter for this move by half. She is selling a LOT of china knick-knacks that I DON'T need, but old tablecloths are hard to pass up. The tablecloths had some stains on them, nothing I couldn't work around, but the gal she has handling the sale said "well, 50 cents." YAY!

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Apr 26 2019 11:49:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2019 :  4:23:04 PM  Show Profile
I love to work with bones, especially with neck bones from fowls. This is a set-up for a prop I am making for a gaming group.

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2208 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2208 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2019 :  05:22:56 AM  Show Profile
Are the vertebra going to be beads? Will you paint them or seal them?

Some of you may remember Prairiehawk. She & I write to each other and send things. She embroidered these panels, so I made a tote to display them. She's doing well and writing songs.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. Hedley Lamarr
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2019 :  10:55:31 AM  Show Profile
The vertebrae will not be painted or sealed. I intend on attaching strings to the leg bone, tying macramé knots and sliding on the bones. I may attach some small beads along the sides. I dropped this board and lost the top piece. I'll have to search harder for it. Or get another chicken.

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2019 :  11:59:57 AM  Show Profile
Today I am working on a painting up a old chair to put in a friends garden. I am painting it purple. I am then attaching a sign that says Welcome.

Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6705 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6705 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2019 :  1:18:24 PM  Show Profile
You all seem super busy! Ruthie, I would love to see your chair when it's finished. I'm not sure what I am going to work on next. I have so many projects to get done that I'm just not sure where to start! Lol one step at a time right?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4111 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4111 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2019 :  03:31:40 AM  Show Profile
Krista, close your eyes, turn around three times and pick something up! lol Good luck in finding a project that yells, do me first.

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2019 :  09:49:21 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Michele... in fact, I just might do that this morning! lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9247 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9247 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2019 :  5:46:40 PM  Show Profile
Tomorrow I am working on painting a chair that has been kicking around for some time. I have decided to make it into a planter as the seat is gone out of it. I think I may put it on the back porch. Lots of ideas for it from Pinterest!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 30 2019 5:47:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4111 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4111 Posts

Posted - May 01 2019 :  04:30:04 AM  Show Profile
denise they have some great ideas on pinterest. Have fun painting. Grace, did you find a project that jumped out at you? lol

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 01 2019 :  08:59:00 AM  Show Profile
Denise,,, get the chair done in time for MJF Jubilee and you can plant a mini garden in it...
I did something similar years ago... had DH cut out a circle in the wood seat to accommodate a large flower bowl, added herbs, and a few mini decos in it...and had it out by my front door to greet visitors,,, that is until the mints starting growing crazy.. lol! had to transplant the herbs to the back yard garden... but fun none the less..,

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 01 2019 :  09:03:13 AM  Show Profile
Michele,, nope,,, didn't accomplish anything except for going on-line and ordering more fabric!!
I have lost all control of my mind! lolol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6705 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6705 Posts

Posted - May 01 2019 :  11:55:11 AM  Show Profile
Denise, I like the idea of a chair planter. I would love to see how it turns out. I don't believe I have seen one before.

Well Grace, I feel the same way! Didn't manage to get anything done other then make more work lol! I have been super busy chatting with people in Facebook messenger. Younique had a HUGE product release this morning and I was working on orders. Glad that's done with lol. Now to find some relaxing crochet. And maybe even a nap!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9247 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9247 Posts

Posted - May 01 2019 :  5:49:43 PM  Show Profile
I will try to get it done in time for jubilee Grace. But it rained today so I didn't go out to paint it. The chair doesn't have a seat of any kind just a frame. It had a rush seat I believe at one time. I bought two of them at an auction for next to nothing and made macrame seats for them. One I still use , the other, the one I am painting got broke so I put it in the garage and it has been there for quite a few years. Time to give it new life. I think I can use one of those square galvanized tubs for it. If it doesn't fit I will put a board on top and fit a planter into that.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9247 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9247 Posts

Posted - May 01 2019 :  5:59:20 PM  Show Profile
Here is the link to one Krista. https://www.flickr.com/photos/97867906@N00/1477027921/

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - May 01 2019 :  7:35:20 PM  Show Profile
Denise,,, yep, I have done that (cut and nailed a board to the chair seat),, and sealed it with varnish so the water wouldn't warp the wood right away.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9247 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9247 Posts

Posted - May 02 2019 :  06:58:13 AM  Show Profile
Oh thanks for that tip Grace! Didn't think of varnishing to stopping it from warping.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6705 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6705 Posts

Posted - May 03 2019 :  11:02:21 AM  Show Profile
Denise, that is so cute. And looks fun to make! This style of chair reminds me of my sister in law and the style of things she has in your yard. I'm going to show her this picture! Maybe I can help her make one. There are so many creative people in this world.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6705 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6705 Posts

Posted - May 13 2019 :  1:23:00 PM  Show Profile
Yesterday my littles and I worked on some Mother's Day projects. They painted some terra cotta pots and once they were dry I put succulents in the pots. We made one for my mom, my hubbies mom, and one for me. They turned out so stinking cute. Nothing better than homemade gifts.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page