Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

phonelady
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

Carla
Loveland Colorado
323 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2011 :  8:17:00 PM  Show Profile
Love the Can-Can girl. Never seen that on a towel before.

I just finished rebinding and making a new cover for a friend's much loved book that was just falling to pieces!

Carla

It's not just life-
It's an adventure!

http://familyhistoryfindings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2011 :  12:59:17 PM  Show Profile
oh my that book is beautiful..what a wonderful job you did for it...I have a old cookbook my ex-mother-in-law gave me that is also falling apart because it too is much loved by me :) I taught easy basic book binding when I was a high school art teacher but never to the point that it would last & look as nice as yours...good job! Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2011 :  5:03:44 PM  Show Profile
I am working on finishing a batch of cool ties to send to the troops as a service project. This is the second hundred that I have done as a project with blind/visually impaired students in my area.

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2011 :  5:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
I LOVE those bloomers and the book is so wonderful. I have been dying to try both.

Sylvia-what kind of ties are they?

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2011 :  5:06:29 PM  Show Profile
But later this week I am going to add fringe to a pair of cropped jeans that I got at the Goodwill store last week. Working on the idea of the girl who did the dress a day for $1 thing, but with the idea that I don't buy anything new this year and repurpose stuff I already have or buy at garage sales and/or thrift stores.

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2011 :  10:31:21 PM  Show Profile
Pam...the Red work turned out beautiful and so did the Can Can Girl! Very Cute! Do enter
those in the Fair. I see Blue ribbons on your horizon! And I will take one of those yummy looking
cupcakes to go with my tea. Those turned out crazy cute...my grand-daughter would love those...she is a cupcake maniac. Her favorite treat.

Carla...nice job on the book. That is not easy to do and you did a really great job.

Michelle...love the Bloomers! Those are so adorable.

Such Crafty Ladies we have.

blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  03:25:42 AM  Show Profile
What beautiful and creative work--the needlework, sewing, cake pops--I love it all! Will post new projects soon. Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  04:21:13 AM  Show Profile
These are for a 60th wedding anniversary ordered by the couples daugher.I just finished.Jill Lillian
Go to Top of Page

embchicken
True Blue Farmgirl

1487 Posts

Elaine
Ocean NJ
USA
1487 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  04:28:46 AM  Show Profile
Jill ~ These are so cute - they are going to love them!

~ Elaine
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

embchicken.blospot.com

Go to Top of Page

bellagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Carmen
Holland MI
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  05:03:05 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning to my Sisters,
I've been too busy to write, but I have been lurking in the shadows looking at all the wonderful treats. Today I'm going to "TRY" making a child's wool hat with lining. THe brim uses a stiff net that I have never used before, so this should be interesting. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Carmen
MJFG #1443

Blessings from Heaven and Earth
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  6:41:40 PM  Show Profile
Pam
The cool ties are tubes of fabric with poly sorb crystals placed in a pcoket in the middle. When placed in cold water, the crystals turn into a gel that stays cold. We are sending these to deployed troops in the desert. I am working on my 2nd 100 of these.

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  9:36:20 PM  Show Profile
My MIL commissioned me to make scarves for 4 family members for her to give at Christmas 2011. Two down, and 1 1/2 to go! Plus, I'm already working on my Christmas presents to give. Also, planning my garden, waiting on nice weather to come(and stay!!!) so I can paint my pasture gates, and planning the "next phase" of our backyard patio. Lots to do, lots to do.

Farmgirl Sister #2851 -"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

BalancingAct
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jackie
Hoosierville
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2011 :  9:54:29 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Going through more of the pages of this thread and seeing all the beautiful items created; tatting, crewel embroidery, regular embroidery, sewing, hat boxes made of veneer..................all I can say is WOW! : D

Farmgirl Sister #2851 -"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  5:56:49 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Sylvia-that is SO cool! Jill-those are so sweet!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  6:45:01 PM  Show Profile
Sylvia thank you for doing these...my husband leaves out tomorrow to Afghanistan & I have one of these someone gave me years back & I love it...I know the soldiers will love having something cool on their necks, plus it will not take up room for them to carry or have on them....again thank you for thinking of the soldiers!...much love from Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

SylviaE
True Blue Farmgirl

350 Posts

Sylvia
Wichita KS
USA
350 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  7:14:50 PM  Show Profile
You are welcome Michele. My husband is retired Navy and my son-in-law is active duty Army. Hubby went once to Iraq and son-in-law has been twice to Iraq and once to Afganistan ...so far. I will always think of the soldiers, and their families. Let me know if you need anything while hubby is gone-if only someone to talk and/or vent to:)

Sylvia E
Farmgirl Sister #2871
Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  9:09:43 PM  Show Profile
wow! You ladies are sooo talented...just reading a few of the pages....do any of you pass on that talent to someone..tatting I haven't seen that since my grand ma..my mom never learned either.she does sew really good. Me, hum, used to sew, not much any more. Talked my mom into sewing for me...lol..i bring her veggies and cook for her..she likes that. So it works for me.. Oh ya...more pics please......

paula

the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

batznthebelfry
True Blue Farmgirl

1257 Posts

Michele
Athol Ma
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  04:00:19 AM  Show Profile
I have tried to pass on some of what I know but so many youngin' don't want to take the time to learn it, but that said I have a neighbor girl who is wanting to learn & open to it so I am glad I can pass on the sewing, soap making, hand dying & herbal knowledge. i so missed the teaching part of my life & am blessed to have a young neighbor girl who wants to learn.....Michele'

Chickens rule!
The Old Batz Farm
Hen #2622
Go to Top of Page

LeighErica
True Blue Farmgirl

306 Posts

Erica
PA
USA
306 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  05:58:25 AM  Show Profile
After I get done running errands and taking care of business today...I am disappearing into my loft and crafting...need to make some goodies for some very special farm girls and thank you cards to family and friends....plus I really, really need some me time:) Love everyone's little creations...Erica:)
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  07:40:13 AM  Show Profile
Do you ladies ever find when you are crafting, etc. that you just have to step away from a project? I have a birth sampler that I am working on that I started while I was expecting my last child. He is now just over a year, but I can only work on things off and on.
You ladies are making so many beautiful things! :D
hugs
Jessie

"Wonder Woman hasn't got a cape, she just turned her apron around"
Farmgirl Sister #235
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  08:04:00 AM  Show Profile
I had a 12 year old visit while her mom and dad had a day out. I don't know her well and wondered what we would do that she would enjoy. She spotted my knitting right away and wanted to learn. She picked some yarn and we sat down to start. She watched me do a long tail cast on one time and did it perfectly. So far so good. I showed her a 12 stitch row of the knit stitch and her hands were twitching she wanted those needles back so bad! I handed it off to her and she took off. It was amazing! She sat there and knitted for an hour before she dropped a stitch. I asked her if she had any idea how to fix it. She scowled at it for a minute and promptly fixed it. I tell you I was all grins at this point. I taught her to pearl just by telling her how and she did that. Whew what a gal. While she was busy I made a package of yarn and some extra needles, found some beginning knitting books I never thought i would part with and sent her home with them. Her mom told me that she made scarfs for family and friends for christmas then made some to sell at church for extra money. I received some very nice dish cloths made with organic cotton purchased with that money. I can't wait to teach something to another child! I really got as much out of teaching her as she did.
My granddaughter is 2 1/2 and I can't wait for her little hands to be ready to use knitting needles or a rug hook. I love to hear her sweet voice say " You made that Yia Yia?" while she pats and rubs something new.
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  10:44:15 AM  Show Profile
Connie...I loved your story about passing on your Craft to a younger woman (someday).
I wrote about this very topic on this thread last summer. So, nice to hear how someone
else found joy in passing on her craft...after all, isn't that how most of us learned
to begin with? You blessed her by teaching her and she blessed you by being such a
great student and picking the craft up so easily. And she will go on to someday pass
her knowledge on to others too. Way to keep The Cycle Going Full Circle...from your hands
and heart to another and another and another. Thanks for sharing!

blessings,
~peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  10:51:12 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Peggy! You are so right. When a willing student and a willing teacher come together wonderful things happen. :)
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Go to Top of Page

paulas party flowers
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

paula
golden valley az
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  12:04:35 PM  Show Profile
connie,,now that's what I'm talking about....i was that 12 year old once.i learned to crochet from my aunt when she came to take care of us when my mom had my little sister. To this day I think of her every time I pick out some yarn for a new project. I just wish she were alive to see all I have done. I started a memory crochet blanket about ten years ago.. Saved yarn from all projects and crochet a row with each one. Then crochet white in between..kind of looks like a quilt..i need to border it now.. That will take me another 10 yrs. Lol.... So see connie, memories....

the best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.they must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2011 :  12:48:11 PM  Show Profile
I have laughed on the forum today and now I have teared up. What a nice thought Paula. Isn't that what we all want in the end? To be remembered? I need a tissue. Sigh...
Connie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page