Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  10:05:43 PM  Show Profile
I just looked back several pages and I have to say you ladies are talented! I'm in awe of you all. WOW. I'm hoping once canning season is done and winter sets in I'll be able to do some crafting until then I'm to busy with the livestock, children, homeschooling and canning/freezing/dehydrating to do anything else. But I will, I will.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  08:52:11 AM  Show Profile
crocheting a sleeve with cuff from those plastic bags to hold plastic bags. Treble crochet the cuff then increased for the sleeve. 3/4 of the way done.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

musicmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Wendy
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  2:36:27 PM  Show Profile
Enjoying a cup of tea and working on Angel of Autumn cross stitch. She's going to be gorgeous when she's done. So far, I've completed the Angel of Winter. Stitching on linen seems to take forever though!
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2011 :  8:40:02 PM  Show Profile
So does anyone else get frustrated when working on a project on the sewing machine, you almost get finished and the needle breaks. yep, my day today. trying to finish up my recycled bluejean bags and purses to sell in my church's bazaar. Pray I get finished in time. :P

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

www.youravon.com/rodonnacarson
Go to Top of Page

J.F. Brown
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

Jamie
Beaverton OR
USA
130 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  11:22:30 AM  Show Profile
My house! Stayed home from work with a bad neck spasm... the furnace isn't working, so I have to stay home for the whole day, not just go in late, waiting for the furnace person... so maybe I will ignore the spasm, and unpack, or paint. Now work sounds good... no heavy lifting, and it might be warmer!
Go to Top of Page

phonelady
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

Carla
Loveland Colorado
323 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2011 :  2:35:46 PM  Show Profile
Working on those little Monster High Doll clothes and the Jeffery Family History book today.
I actually made a little dress that looks good!
I'll send a picture as soon as I can take pictures that are not all blurry. ;D
Smiles!
Carla

It's not just life-
It's an adventure!

http://familyhistoryfindings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2011 :  9:22:18 PM  Show Profile
I have been working on Christmas Ornaments. I posted pics on my blog with instructions if you are interested.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran

http://farmsteadfripperies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2011 :  09:37:26 AM  Show Profile
Sheri, part of the reason I don't get anything done is that I am staying on this computer longer and longer, thanks to beautiful and interesting blogs like yours. It's just great, so well done, and very interesting. Love it! I think you might be on the thread about Sheep and Goats with Grace Gerber? I have read 100 pages of that so far and I just love it. I feel like I know everybody on there. I don't think the average person has any idea how many brilliant, funny, hard working, creative women there are out there doing such amazing things and creating wonderful lives for themselves.

I have not worked up the courage to do a blog yet, but am thinking about it. I also need to put some stuff on Craig's List and Ebay and maybe Etsy, but I don't know how to do it yet and am intimidated, but I have a lifetime of stuff collected or created that I need to start getting rid of. Part of the issue is how to price.....I don't know what anything is worth.
Glenda

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
(I can't remember who said it :)
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2011 :  1:37:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Glenda - welcome to the forum. Yes, I am on the sheep and goat thread a lot. It's been kinda quiet over there lately tho - everyone has been so busy. I am glad you enjoyed looking at my blog. I, too am new to the blog world -my daughter pushed me to take the leap when she was home on vacation. I am trying to gather enough together to start my etsy shop and just like you said, pricing is a big stumbling block for me too. Are you a spinner too? What kind of dolls do you make? I have done some art dolls out of polymer clay with wire/padded bodies and also have done lots of teddy bears for the wee ones. I do a lot of marquetry work (you can see my boxes on page one of this thread) but I find that on etsy, marquetry doesn't seem to sell. One of these days I will take the plunge...

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran

http://farmsteadfripperies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

misspittypat
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

lila
osceola mo
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2011 :  7:57:16 PM  Show Profile
Love your ornaments and your blog;

Lila
Go to Top of Page

magnoliakathy
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Kathryn
Magnolia Texas
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  08:53:49 AM  Show Profile
Putting together baby granny squares for my granddaughter that is due in January. My mom mades these blocks years ago before my son even got married. Her thumbs had gotten too painful to crochet, so this is the last thing she did. I have had them stored and when the kids told they were expecting in June, I started looking for them. They were in a "very secure" spot because I just found they 3 days ago. They are white with seafoam green or pale yellow centers, Mom said it would work for a boy or a girl. When it is finished, I will take it to the nursing home and get a picture of her holding it. I just hope that demon Alzheimer's lets her know what is going on for just a few minutes that day.

When you free your mind your heart can fly. Farmgirl # 714,
Go to Top of Page

CalicoCat
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

April
Oakland County MI
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  09:32:18 AM  Show Profile  Click to see CalicoCat's MSN Messenger address  Send CalicoCat a Yahoo! Message
I am about to assemble this into a top... my antidote to the approaching long, dark winter ;p :

http://aprilsatelier.wordpress.com/2011/10/06/on-my-design-wall/

As a former Floridian, I am thinking of calling it The Sunshine State. :D

~April
http://aprilsatelier.wordpress.com/
Sisterhood #: 594
Go to Top of Page

CalicoCat
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

April
Oakland County MI
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  09:45:23 AM  Show Profile  Click to see CalicoCat's MSN Messenger address  Send CalicoCat a Yahoo! Message
That is so sweet, Kathryn. I hope you get your wish and that she knows. :)

~April
http://aprilsatelier.wordpress.com/
Sisterhood #: 594
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  1:10:30 PM  Show Profile
Today I finished a Baby Sock Monkey hat. It's a test sample for a few customers who wanted to know if I could make one. I made some sample swatches using different fiber yarns in case they wanted it in wool. I found the pattern at this link.

http://neannersshop.blogspot.com/2011/03/sock-monkey-hat-pattern-size-2t-4t.html

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  1:35:29 PM  Show Profile
What a darling sock monkey hat! I don't crochet but that makes me
want to maybe take it up in the future. Very cute.

What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2011 :  1:41:02 PM  Show Profile
That sock monkey hat is just too cute!!

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
www.sharnymcclarny.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  4:42:53 PM  Show Profile

This is a Beautiful Matching Kindle E-Reader Cover and Matching Prayer Journal from Dianne
Gersbeck. I received these today...right when I needed a bit of love and encouragement!
Thanks Dianne!

This is the Kindle Cover...that fits my new smaller Kindle Version Perfectly! How pretty
is that fabric!!!! And Look at the adorable floral button. Looks like it is growing on the tree.

This gorgeous prayer journal is going to get a lot of use!

Dianne you will just never know how absolutely "Timely" your gift was. If my tears weren't
all cried out from my circumstances lately...I would have just sat down and cried my heart
out when I opened these today. God used you to bless me...more than you can imagine.
Thank You...Heart to Heart!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 16 2011 07:59:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2011 :  8:15:48 PM  Show Profile
You girls are doing great work!! Love the sock monkey hat. Dianne your gift to Peggy was awesome! I will post some of my wreaths on here tomorrow hopefully if the kids get to sleep on time. :-)

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

www.youravon.com/rodonnacarson
Go to Top of Page

Singing Tree Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Cari
Chase Michigan
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  10:36:33 AM  Show Profile
I haven't been on in a while, but I'm going to have to catch up. You guys always inspire me.
My daughter wanted to add what shes been working on. It is her first try at embroirdery. The bib came in a box of stuff at an auction. I think the picture is really big, sorry, don't know how to change that.

All of creation sings Your praise!
Go to Top of Page

sidavis
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

Susan
Vero Beach Fl
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  07:43:39 AM  Show Profile
Am getting to do my first show at the craft market. Hope I do ok. Had to buy a tent, table, display grids, etc. Was rained out last weekend so hope the weather holds this weekend. I am nervous about this.

OK, I'm ready-Let's go.
Go to Top of Page

Sabrena Orr
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Sabrena
Olympia WA
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  10:08:17 AM  Show Profile
Good luck Susan! Your bags are gorgeous!

Sabrena, Olympia
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  10:14:59 AM  Show Profile
Good Luck Susan...hope you sell out of them!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  1:14:01 PM  Show Profile
I finished a scarf/cowl yesterday, really nice and warm for the coming winter. *They* predict we will get a very very cold winter so...I am ready, well kinda lol

It can also be worn like this:

I put it on my *mannequin* to show it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://pinkprincessdecorating.blogspot.com/
Almost daily updates on me, my home and my crafts

Farmgirl sister # 2410
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  05:01:28 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, Thank you so much for posting the pics of the Kindle Case and Prayer Journal I made for you. It was MY pleasure! And your pictures are so much better than mine!
Fellow Farmgirls, Your work and creativity is such an inspiration to me. I read many creative blogs and magazines, but I find much of my creative inspiration from you and the folks at MJF. Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  06:12:50 AM  Show Profile
Good Luck Susan! Go Susan Go Susan Go Susan!!!!!

Dutchy I love that cowl. I've been drawn to that type of yarn lately myself.

Dianne, I think this is a great place for inspiration. We're just everyday women and not "professionals." Which means any of us can do these projects. It's not quite so intimidating. Your work is VERY nice.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page