Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16960 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16960 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  8:29:35 PM  Show Profile
Ok, here is my daughter & 2 grandbabies in their 'turkey aprons' as well as Meri and I in ours and then I just had to make this last one,,, I call it the "Dear Santa,I've been good"..... lol!

Hope you all had a wonderful Turkey Day,,, I know we did.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

sidavis
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

Susan
Vero Beach Fl
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  06:28:53 AM  Show Profile
Everyone is so talented, I would love to meet you all in person! I am working on re-orders for my Lizzie purses for the gift shops and clients. Love to sew these bags :-)

OK, I'm ready-Let's go.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  12:17:24 PM  Show Profile

Judith...here is my first sushi-scarf. Loved making it...I revamped the pattern more
to my liking however. Made one and didn't like how wide and long it was...so I ripped
it all out and started over. Second one pictured above I made I chained 20 across but
next time I will even go lower to 17 across. Then on the White I only did 42 rows
instead of 62...it was Very Fun and I am going to start a second one.

Grace...oh the aprons look so adorable on DD and DGKids. I bet they all loved them!
Nice Job Grandma!!!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  7:51:00 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, your sushi scarf looks really pretty! I know what you mean by it being long..I am adjusting the size (length) according to the girls' heights. A couple really tall, and the rest are shorties. Also, I am using a variety of pinks so the girls can tell them apart. Great job!

Katmom, love those aprons! You just look more like sister than mom.

What can I say about those cupcake hats! Yummy! And that scarf looks just elegant.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  7:57:31 PM  Show Profile
I found a neat pattern for some bookmarks that I want to make here: http://crochetme.com/media/p/88334.aspx I bought one in Colorado I think it was, for like $5...I'm thinking I can make a whole bunch for that amount if I do it myself! I'm excited to find stuff to make these! That will be my "handmade pay-it-forward 2011", I think....

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  06:01:02 AM  Show Profile
Grace that Christmas dude apron is really eye-catching! JOY indeed.

Peggy you did a great job on the sushi roll scarf! Makes me hungry just looking at it!! Perhaps some soy-sauce mittens would go great with it..wonder how you could do that.

Pam, that is a cute bookmark pattern. It opens up a lot of ideas for using some really cool beads....post photos when you get them finished!

I have a new handbag in the works. I'm using some of the buttons I've purchased from Melody's LongTallSallys etsy shop. They really set off the vintage feel of the handbag.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  08:35:06 AM  Show Profile
That book thong is really a neat idea. I might try some for Christmas but have an idea percolating to do it just a bit differently.
Great aprons.
That sushi scarf is probably about the only way anyone could get me near sushi. ;>)

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  09:40:34 AM  Show Profile
Just finished my second sushi-scarf. They are so quick and easy.
May try a color change on the next one. I love sushi...but most
sushi has the black (seaweed) inside the sticky white rice. So, I
may change up those two colors and see what I think.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 30 2011 12:54:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

mickib
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Michele
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
267 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  11:32:55 AM  Show Profile

I added on to some pink slipper socks that Cheryl Keyes made for me in a barter - and turned them into sock monkey slippers to go with my new sock monkey pajamas. Thanks Cheryl, they are nice and warm and cozy.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  12:55:33 PM  Show Profile
Michele...those are just too darn cute!

Way to be Creative!

blessings and joy,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  06:53:06 AM  Show Profile
Grace, Love the aprons! Your grandchildren are adorable. Peggy, Are you Wonder Woman in disguise? You never cease to amaze me--I didn't know you knitted! Michelle, How creative you are to embellish the slippers--simply charming. Will post photos of projects today. I've been sewing up a storm for holiday gifts these past two weeks. Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  07:01:04 AM  Show Profile
Some of the holiday gifts I've recently stitched up. A children's cupcake print apron, chef hat and heat proof oven mitts for a fellow farmgirl's daughter. And a vintage-inspired Christmas apron for same farmgirl's apron swap. Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  07:06:56 AM  Show Profile
More gifts I've sewed: a vintage inspired Christmas apron for my married daughter (I'm making matching oven mitts for her too)and an interpretation of a painting that hung in my sister's villa bedroom in Tuscany this past summer. It was a combo "thank you for planning our dream trip" and birthday gift. Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  08:18:06 AM  Show Profile
Nice work Dianne...you have been busy! Love the Christmas aprons! Did you make your own stained-glass wall hanging pattern? The detail stitching is awesome!

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  08:35:54 AM  Show Profile
love the socks, aprons, hats and wall hangings everyone is making!

Farmgirl Sister #2619

http://www.etsy.com/shop/vmfein
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  09:22:39 AM  Show Profile
Dianne...no darlen I am not Wonder Woman in disguise but I do know who is! :+)
YOU...look at those beautiful creations! I love them all...I am a cupcake nut
like my Grand-daughter so....those are just too precious! BUT I love, love, love
the Tuscanny Banner. That my dear is Stunning! You blow me away with your sewing
artistry...I, who can barely sew by hand...am amazed by you! Such Talent!

blessings and joy,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  09:35:07 AM  Show Profile
Dianne, your apron stitchery is just beautiful! And..the wall hanging is exquisite! You are a very talented lady.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

vmfein
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Valerie
Dale City VA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  8:09:47 PM  Show Profile
So far here is the progress on my husbands belated birthday gift. I still have a long way to go (extra fabric is just hidden beneath what I have done so far).

Farmgirl Sister #2619

http://www.etsy.com/shop/vmfein
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  08:50:39 AM  Show Profile
Valerie, that is a lot of detailed stitching...no wonder you aren't done yet! Stick with it..it looks like it is going to be beautiful.

Michele, I didn't see the sock monkey slippers earlier. Sometimes I don't see the images if I'm browsing at work....but they are so cute!!

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2011 :  11:00:50 AM  Show Profile
Valerie...is that Counted Cross Stitch? It is beautiful however you are accomplishing it.
You must remember to show us the completed gift. Your hubby will love it!

Today I am going to begin knitting a lap-robe for my hubby to use while we are watching tv
at night. He is one of those men who sits around in his under-ware at night and then complains
that he is cold....well, duh? *wink* So, I am making him one that has a large pocket at the
bottom of it...to tuck his feet into. He will love it! I will post a picture once I finish it.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 03 2011 11:02:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2011 :  2:28:53 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, all for the compliments. Valerie, what will your project be when you are done stitching it? To answer the question about the Virgin and Child wall hanging for my sister: I took a photo of the art (from our trip), traced it, enlarged it, made pattern pieces for the various parts, then machine appliqued the pieces (fat quarter fabrics) onto a background fabric. I machine stitched the details, but in hindsight I should have hand stitched some of the more delicate areas (faces, hands) because it was really hard to do those easily by machine. I then put a backing on (no batting as it wasn't quilted but that's an option) which I used on the front to create the "wood" frame. As I said, this piece is an "interpretation" of the artwork. My sister loved it. Dianne

Sister #749

Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  09:49:59 AM  Show Profile
Here is my latest handbag. This one is a wool messenger styled bag and sports two very vintage celluloid buttons from Melody's LongTallSallys Etsy shop. The embroidery design is a little victorian bird lady holding a flower..looking forward to summer! It closes with a magnetic snap and has an exterior pocket on the front and two interior pockets.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3300 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3300 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  10:16:31 AM  Show Profile
Paula!!!

OH HOW LOVELY! So excited to see a pair of my buttons on such a beautifully created handbag...

Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  10:50:07 AM  Show Profile
Paula...very professional looking job on the lining and The Purse!!! Love the purse, the buttons are fabulous, and the little
vintage bird lady is adorable.

love and hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  1:23:53 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
GORGEOUS! LOVE IT!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page