Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2015 :  9:49:07 PM  Show Profile
Great job! Things start off slowly but then they take off. Once people see them your project will rock!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2015 :  09:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Cozy nana -

Do you have any guidelines that you used to get started? I'd love to get something started here.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2015 :  05:55:49 AM  Show Profile
Go to youtube.com they have clips you can watch to get started. Pinterest.com has tons of Barn Art patterns. Type Barn Art in the search bar.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2015 :  06:49:29 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thank you. I have 3 more barn quilts to put up somewhere. I bought three 2'x 2' ones in Indiana in September.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2015 :  09:16:52 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Bonnie and Linda, I love both of your barn quilts!! I will have to put this on my long list of things to do... Thanks for sharing!

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  12:27:04 PM  Show Profile
Here are some of our Barn Art pieces have consigned with our committee. We have had sooooo much fun and are cranking them out like crazy. The people request traditional Barn Art, contemporary Barn Art, and more like ART Barn Art. Whatever they want, we try to do. So much fun!!!! this is a sample of what we have done. We have had 4 classes, so there are tons of 2x2' pieces out there and quite a few 4x4', some 6x6', and currently one 8x8'
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  11:08:55 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Love the Art Blocks, especially the last purple one. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  02:16:16 AM  Show Profile
I like the purple one too but the other one must be for a veternarian. Nicely done.

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4708 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4708 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  05:48:11 AM  Show Profile
They are all beautiful, but the vet one is my favorite too. Keep up the good work and please keep sharing the pictures with us!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  06:36:14 AM  Show Profile
The Decatur Barn Art Quilt Trail (we have a Facebook page, please join) is going gang busters. We are joining forces to do a whole Barn Art trail on Hwy 36 in Kansas from the Colorado border to the Missouri border. Here are some more of our pieces that will be installed around the county. I love the paper piece American eagle. It is at our American Legion

Edited by - Cozynana on Jan 19 2016 06:37:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  06:40:15 AM  Show Profile
Should have added, that we are trying to be unique and add pieces not seen everywhere. The one with the barb wire is my brother with his cattle brand. The eagle was so much fun to do. It was a paper piece pattern that I altered. I kind of wish I would have saved it for our barn. Oh well, it fits perfect at the American Legion.
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  06:43:08 AM  Show Profile
Mary Jane, I would like to invite you to come tour our county this summer when the Barn Art is all up and travel down Kansas Hwy 36 and see what the counties have done. I will post more as the pictures come in. We have everything from 2x2' to 8x8' Barn Art. Some of it is traditional and some of it is very personal. The flag was done for a Viet Nam veteran.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4708 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4708 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  06:45:25 AM  Show Profile
They are all beautiful and I'm sure will be a big hit. Maybe you can let the tourist/visitor information centers on the route know this is being done so they advertise it for folks who like to drive scenic routes. Keep up the beautiful work!

Dawn in IL

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." Abraham Lincoln
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  08:34:33 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Those are beautiful quilt squares Kem. Thank you so much for sharing.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  08:38:45 AM  Show Profile
So beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"Dream as if you will live forever...live as if you will die today." James Dean

"The truth is everyone is going hurt you. You got to find the ones worth suffering for." Bob Marley

"Friendship is when people know all about you but love you anyway."

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  09:06:07 AM  Show Profile
our town is getting ready to do a self driving brochure and include historical places to visit while doing the tour. We envision dedicating a Barn Art piece to mark most or all of the historical places in our county. We are very rural and don't have a huge amount of historical sites, very easy to achieve.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2016 :  01:00:50 AM  Show Profile
Ken, those are wonderful blocks. The possibilities are endless.

Go to Top of Page

Cozynana
True Blue Farmgirl

1123 Posts

Kem

1123 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2016 :  06:30:47 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie, you are right, the possibilities are endless. We have done everything from motorcycles to apples to sheriff stars. You name it we may be doing it. We even do commissions out of state. A 4x4' went to Texas. It is soooo much fun. I spend too many hours on pinterest.com looking for patterns and ideas. My favorite is the American Eagle. I am doing a 4x4' vintage tractor with a flag on the hood to put by our mailbox and a contemporary flag that is 6x6' for our shed on one of our other farms. I will post when I get them done.

Edited by - Cozynana on Jan 28 2016 06:32:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2016 :  10:33:02 PM  Show Profile
That sounds wonderful. I am so excited for you. You do great blocks. Did you say you live in Kansas? Who knows where we'll be going on vacation...

Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1494 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1494 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  08:01:56 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
I can't wait to have a barn for a quilt! I have a design picked out!! Edelweiss...It's a swiss flower. The farm we are buying was my husband's great uncle (who was Swiss) and aunt old farm.

Similar to this... BTW, I don't quilt...painting I can do!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."

Edited by - DandeeRose on Mar 18 2016 08:06:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1494 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1494 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  08:06:31 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
I can't wait to have a barn for a quilt! I have a design picked out!! Edelweiss...It's a swiss flower. The farm we are buying was my husband's great uncle (who was Swiss) and aunt old farm.

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4708 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4708 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  1:44:17 PM  Show Profile
That's going to be beautiful Alicia! Please post the picture of your Edelweiss when you finish it. Best of luck with your farm purchase.

Dawn in IL

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." Abraham Lincoln
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  9:00:44 PM  Show Profile
Alicia, I am so excited for you. A farm of your own that was part of your family. The design is just beautiful. If you can't draw it maybe a school art teacher in the closest town. Keep us posted.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2016 :  7:13:27 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Beautiful design, Alicia. I went to that website but it is closed. Darn!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2016 :  09:42:16 AM  Show Profile
Kem , your barn quilts are great! If I had a barn, I would definitely want it to have a quilt. They add so much beauty and color! Good luck with your business!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Garage-door Quilts Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page