Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Is anyone doing this alone?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Is anyone doing this alone? Next Topic  

Rea231
True Blue Farmgirl

139 Posts

139 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  2:59:15 PM  Show Profile
As I read these postings I find most are from families. I have two sons that are grown and live in different states. My husband and I divorced last year (still great friends) and I am on my own for the first time in 26 years. I am fine with being alone but keep finding hurdles that occasionally slow me down and often need a little input and guidance. This is a great palce for both.

The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  3:10:10 PM  Show Profile
hey rea
hang in there
and we are never truly alone you got all the farmgirls with you now

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  4:23:57 PM  Show Profile
Sometimes I feel like I am doing this alone when DH starts rolling his eyes at my cost saving, recycling, re-purposing, organic buying, etc.(you know what I mean). Even though he is a farmer, he is not very supportive and is constantly giving me a hard time and telling me I am trying to do too much. But all the wonderful ladies on this site have been so supportive and encouraging, it makes it easier to carry on. I hope you have the same bolstering experience with these fantastic farm girls. It really is a tremendous help.

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan

Deeperrootsfarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  4:26:05 PM  Show Profile
you are both right, you can't be alone here. there are too many great woman around.

Karen ^_^

www.miss2missus.com
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  08:55:51 AM  Show Profile
I raised my 2 sons alone and then remarried a wonderful man after they were growen an on their own. I loved being alone I could sty up as long as I wanted, I could make dinner or not, I had friends that if I needed them would work on my car or shovel the snow for me. It was a wonderful time. I am happily married and my husband is very good, he really doesn't care if I stay up or don't make supper but I feel I have to do those things.

The women in this site are wonderful and have great ideas, they are right you are never alone here. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  10:11:30 AM  Show Profile
Rae, I am married to a truck driver. Right now at this moment he will be gone all but 1 day of Feb. So I do feel very alone righ now. And very single, too. I do have to do most all the work around this little farm. He helps some when he's here. But I did want all the animals so I feel like they are all my responsibilty.

I do like the part about being able to do things without someone looking over my shoulders all the time. That's nice. But then again I sometimes miss it. So I guess I have the best of both worlds.

I love all the farmgirls here. They lift me up when I am sad. They have great advice. I seem to be here every day. So I hope you get alot of comfort here yourself. It's a great place to be.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Futters
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Michelle & Ashley
CA
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2010 :  4:24:13 PM  Show Profile
Hey Rae,

I sure am, and have been for the last 16 years. Divorced when my daughter was 2 and she has just turned 18. I love the independence it gives me. I answer to no one, except daughter. :-) If the right gentleman should come along and compliment our lives, cool. But if not, oh well. Just want to make sure daughter is taken care and has a bright and full future. Good luck and have fun!!!!

Have a good day!

Michelle & Ashley
Farmgirls #760

Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
http://thetatteredquiltcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2010 :  6:30:27 PM  Show Profile
I am not divorced but my DH is in the Oil Business so he was gone way, way more than he was home. It made me far more self-reliant. I had three girls and we were home alone most of the time. My sister, daughter and I even replaced the hot water heater in our attic once when my DH was in Russia. I learned to do whatever was needed and I am much more confident in myself now than I use to be. Now as we get older I don't worry about having to deal on my own when the time comes.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

Rea231
True Blue Farmgirl

139 Posts

139 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  05:45:53 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the support! I think I might have to attempt changing my alternator on my truck! If I can't do it I have a friend that will help. Wish me luck!

Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  07:07:30 AM  Show Profile
Welcome! You are definately NOT alone here....and these gals will give you the guidance and courage to get things done. Remember, Farmgirls can do anything they put their minds to! Good luck with that alternator!

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

simplecomfort
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

Tawnya
Rural Orrick Mo
USA
60 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  9:18:02 PM  Show Profile  Send simplecomfort an AOL message
yes alone. my sons are 23 and 18 and i never did get married. He would have to be just like me, love animals, want to save the world, farm, rescue animals,gardening, etc. it is lonely and would be awesome to have someone but i feel like that prairie woman in the 1800s most of the time

"Thank God I'm a country girl"
Go to Top of Page

Rea231
True Blue Farmgirl

139 Posts

139 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  07:48:39 AM  Show Profile
Okay... I got help with the Alternator, I figured that I needed a vehicle and couldn't afford to mess that up trying to be independent. Look out lawnmower if you break down you are NOT a complete necessity!

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  08:21:29 AM  Show Profile
Rea, I know you can do it! And if you need help , just post and likely somebody will have an answer or three =) Farmgirls look out for each other.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Renda
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Marenda
Alabama
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  1:06:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Renda a Yahoo! Message
I am alone like you Rea. I am just a dreamer though but would love to someday have 5 or 7 acres of land and an off the grid home with a garden and maybe some chickens.

Renda
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Is anyone doing this alone? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page