Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 A sweet little farm in Washington needs farm girls
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic A sweet little farm in Washington needs farm girls Next Topic  

lindyfran
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

LINDY
shelton WA
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  2:50:05 PM  Show Profile
We have a very nice Farm in Washington on Hartstine Island. We are a Woman's farm orientated group home looking for 2 more farm girls. Jo is our 1 true farm girl and we offer our phone # to other farm girls that might be interested in joining our community. 1 360 427 6702 you can call Lindy @ 360 239 1835 i think i posted a pic

Lady who owns a farm that wants it to be nurtured,cared for & a real working farm

Edited by - lindyfran on Mar 14 2010 6:08:41 PM

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  2:59:25 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Tell us all about your situation. What would be involved and all. What Shelton has to offer as far as jobs and etc. I for one would have to work off the farm in order to pay the bills. Just curious..... tell us more.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

lindyfran
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

LINDY
shelton WA
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  5:03:45 PM  Show Profile
Jo & I are chatting & we would like you to know the weather is more moderate here than in WI. One would have to have a moderate income. Feel free to call Jo on the tele. 360 427 6702 for details. There are 8 acres of pristine,organic pasture land,barns, a roomy farm house & a farmers market a block away. There are great possibilities. We are just starting.

Lady who owns a farm that wants it to be nurtured,cared for & a real working farm
Go to Top of Page

Chives
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Victoria
Shelton Washington
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  8:06:11 PM  Show Profile
I live in shelton, on a farm. Are you ladies opening a business on harstine island? Vicki
Go to Top of Page

lindyfran
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

LINDY
shelton WA
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  3:22:32 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by lindyfran

We have a very nice Farm in Washington on Hartstine Island. We are a Woman's farm orientated group home looking for 2 more farm girls. Jo is our 1 true farm girl and we offer our phone # to other farm girls that might be interested in joining our community. 1 360 427 6702 you can call Lindy @ 360 239 1835 too. I am going to try & post a pic [IMG]http://i81'

Go to Top of Page

JoAtHarstine
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Jo
Shelton Wa
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  4:55:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Victoria (and everyone else!) -- Nice to meet you, neighbor. Yes, Lindy and I are hoping to turn this former dairy farm on Harstine Island back into a productive farm -- with raised beds for herbs, flowers and vegetables, and maybe later some chickens and goats. Have you lived in Shelton long? Do you sell at the Farmers Markets? This will be my first summer in Washington, so I'm anxious to get as much information as possible about what to do, when to do it, and what mistakes to avoid. Are you already a member of a Farm Girl chapter? We know there are three near Olympia, but didn't see any listed for Shelton. Am happy I learned about this site -- there's so much information here, and so much inspiration from everyone else's experiences.
Go to Top of Page

Chives
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Victoria
Shelton Washington
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  5:22:59 PM  Show Profile
I lived her about 7 years, no I dont sell at the farmers market. I wish I did. Its a small farmers market, but I work weekends sometimes and so it would be difficult. I do belong to the puyallup chapter, but everytime they have a get togeather I end up working.oh well. We will have to get togeather sometime. Vicki
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic A sweet little farm in Washington needs farm girls Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page