Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Bible Study #1- Women of the Bible
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Bible Study #1- Women of the Bible Next Topic
Page: of 17

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  12:10:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi everybody! For our little Bible Study group, our first theme is Women of the Bible. Below you will find the readings. We won't actually start posting and discussing them until the 20th, so until then, just read them and take notes about them. Anyone can join!
Reading 1: Genesis 2:18-3:20
Reading 2: Genesis 17:15-16; 21:1-7
Reading 3: Exodus 15:19-21
Reading 4: Judges chapters 4-5
Reading 5: Ruth
Reading 6: 1 Samuel 1:1-2:11
Reading 7: Esther Chapter 8
Reading 8: Luke 1:5-25, 57-66
Reading 9: Luke 1:26-2:20
Reading 10: Luke 2:36-38
Reading 11: John 20:1-18
Reading 12: John 11:1-44; 12:1-18
Reading 13: Acts of the Apostles 16:11-15; Chapter 18
Reading 14: Romans 16:1-7
Again, this is a lot of reading, so that's we're not to going to start discussing until at least the twentieth. Take your time, and can't wait to start!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  1:59:54 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for posting the readings. This may help keep my sanity, HA!!!

Remember those of you who see this and want to join we are taking our time so it is a fun thing as well as learning. We are all on a journey in our walk with Christ so will take the time we need.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

cgonyer
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Cindy
Petersburg MI
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  2:10:31 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for posting the readings!
~Cindy
Farmgirl #1273
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  2:32:35 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Megan for the list, I can be reading while I'm in recovery. I believe that we are all going to enjoy this alot. Rae you take care.

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  4:15:29 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much Megan for the list! Rae, thank you so much for leading this! You are doing a great job!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  5:31:43 PM  Show Profile
Guys it was my pleasure! I'm glad I've found a group of ladies who actually want to talk about religion. Again, to repeat Rae, anyone new can join in. We're not discussing until at least the 20th, so take your time! This is so much fun!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  7:32:50 PM  Show Profile
Rae, will be so glad when all your stress's are over and I'm back to recovery and we can get started. Rae how did you plan for us to discuss our study. Just as we have time or will you set a special time and that way we'll all be there? I have no idea how this is done, so looking forward to you leading the way!!!!

Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  7:42:15 PM  Show Profile
I would love to do this too. I have not been to a Bible study in awhile now. And I can feel it. I have it all written down and will start tomorrow. Thanks for doing this.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  8:03:31 PM  Show Profile
Glad to have you Kristin. Rae is the leader of this group and we all decided to study the Women of the Bible. Megan has a study for us to use. Rae has some personal things to take care of right now, but we can all go ahead a start reading and I guess we have set the 20th of April to start discussions. Watch for Rae's posting for more updates. This is going to be fun.

HUGS~~~Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

mrsamy
True Blue Farmgirl

167 Posts

Amy
Milwaukee WI
USA
167 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:29:45 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for opening this up to all. I'll be joining in for sure!

Prayer costs nothing, but is worth the most.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  08:50:46 AM  Show Profile
Oh Amy so glad to have you with us. We can learn so much from each other.

HUGS~~~Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  09:53:17 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I would like to join. I am so glad to find your post.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  09:56:25 AM  Show Profile
Amy(MRSROOSTER) so glad to have you. We are getting a group of wonderful ladies here. Rae will be so excited when she is able to get on site. Go ahead and start you readings and discussion will start April 20th.

HUGS~Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  11:24:10 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
We would love to have you MrsRooster and Mrsamy!! If you have any questions please let Rae ( Old Spirit) know. :) Megan did a wonderful job of posting what we are going to read.:)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  11:35:56 AM  Show Profile
Welcome one and all. I think it will be easiest when we start to just post as it would be hard to have a specific time. How does that sound?

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  1:01:17 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That sounds wonderful Rae!! Thanks so much for doing this!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2010 :  2:14:02 PM  Show Profile
Sounds good Rae!

Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  10:07:02 AM  Show Profile
Can't wait! THank you Ladies!! Oh, its okay if I join the group??
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  10:36:31 AM  Show Profile
Of course Toni!!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  10:59:45 AM  Show Profile
OOOOh what joy! I need THIS! I will start this evening! Thank YOU!!!!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  12:35:48 PM  Show Profile
Alright, you said it. Anyone can join...Hmmm..really? Even a religious mutt like me? Seriously, I'm not a Christian and I say that only because to do so would limit my range of spiritual belief. I am a religious studies devotee, but I consume myself with all religious and although many belief that one religion is more true than the others, I do not share this conviction. Let me say, however, the Christian tradition is a beautiful one as in the ancient Hebrew one of the Old Testament. It has been my experience that to open oneself up to religious study is to open up to people in general. When we do, it my belief that we begin to understand what it means to see the 'infinite face of God.'

Beginning with the stories of biblical women is a smart and witty place to start. I'm thrilled about it. I pledge to participate with respect, honest, compassion and truth. These are my religion.

Blessings, ~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
www.about-aria.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  12:42:37 PM  Show Profile
Count me in. I'll be interested to see what we come up with.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  3:00:15 PM  Show Profile
I am so excited to see everyone joining!!!!! Welcome to all. Rae, thank you for doing this, It's turned out to be something alot of us want and need. Channah and I was just discussing all the different religions. The thing is, and we both agreed, is that we all want the same thing. We are all reaching for that divine life with Christ. Every year when our young teens go through confirmation class the leaders always takes them to see how other churchs believe and the difference in rituals. My ex-husband and I taught confirmation years ago when our children were very little. It was so nice and rewarding to see these young adults searching and asking questions. And to see them grow in their faith. And that is what we are all doing. No matter how long you have been connected with learning the bible and following your faith there is always new things to learn and different views to reflect on. That's why we are open to this discussion and everyone should feel free to say and ask questions. No one will think ill of anyone for wanting to learn. Rae, I hope I have not stepped out and said anything that you would not agree with. But if so, please speck up, and we can learn together. Hugs to you all,Brenda

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  5:52:47 PM  Show Profile
As I have said I want to study Bible, the pure Christian faith. I have faith not religion as I don't like to get caught up with institutional laws, God's law is what I seek.
Just my thought and I am so excited to see the people interested as that is how we really learn to dig deep.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

sw80689
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Sharon
Papillion Nebraska
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  6:42:33 PM  Show Profile
Rae,
I would like to join this study, this is just what I am looking for! Thank you for making this available.

Sharon

*We are all angels with one wing, the only way to fly, therefore is to embrace one another*
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  7:18:39 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
So glad everyone is joining in! I am not sure anymore if I can join in because there are a lot of things going on in my life. But I will be reading!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Family Matters: Previous Topic Bible Study #1- Women of the Bible Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page