Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Bible Study #1- Women of the Bible
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Bible Study #1- Women of the Bible Next Topic
Page: of 17

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  03:35:38 AM  Show Profile
I printed out the reading list. I hope to join in. Will you be discussing each reading on a specific date? Breaking it down that way?

Farm Girl #790

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  04:19:43 AM  Show Profile
I think each reading would be good, the no one gets on overload, how does that sound to everyone. We are a team on this remember and as they say there is no I in team

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  12:16:27 PM  Show Profile
I'm in!!!! I'm happy I have time to get somewhat prepared. I love reading the Bible, and to beable to share my thoughts and read others is nice. Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2010 :  1:56:47 PM  Show Profile
Glad to have you Marly, This is going to be very interesting. I love hearing other peoples opinion about what they have read.

Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  06:58:58 AM  Show Profile
Mornin' ladies!
I would like to be a part of this, too.
I'm involved in a weekly home group bible study but have discovered that the more I study the hungrier I become. I'll do my best to keep up and add something to the discussion when the Holy Spirit nudges.
Blessings - staci FG# 973

This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.
1 John 3:16
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  10:44:54 AM  Show Profile
I'd like to join in this study too. The ladies at the church I attend are doing a monthly study of women in the Bible too. It's been very interesting and I'm looking forward to studying with you all too.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2010 :  11:55:10 AM  Show Profile
Love to have anyone and everyone. I am so looking forward, especially when some of you have already done some studying on the women, it will bring such great discussion!!!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

Grammygail
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Gail
Chattanooga Tennessee
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  1:52:20 PM  Show Profile
I just found out about this Bible study today and am looking forward to learning with Farmgirls!! Thanks to my new friend Sharon for heading me to this study and thank you Rae for putting this out here for us!!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  4:15:28 PM  Show Profile
Hello Gail. I live right below Chatt. I've seen you around and haven't met you yet. So hello, neighbor!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

sw80689
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Sharon
Papillion Nebraska
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  8:33:24 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Gail! So glad you found the study and joined us! Nothing better than studying the women of the bible with you sisters!
Blessings,

Sharon
Farmgirl Sister #1393
*We are all angels with one wing, the only way to fly, therefore is to embrace one another*
Go to Top of Page

Jens Farm
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Jenny
Grand Marais MN
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  6:05:56 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the invitation...I just found out about this.

Jenny
Farmgirl Sister #1339

Farmgirl Sister #1339
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  06:55:44 AM  Show Profile
I am just up to Ruth right now. I better get a move on here!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Grammygail
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Gail
Chattanooga Tennessee
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  7:39:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kristin!!! I have noticed you on here several times also!! I love Chickamauga, especially the Battlefield. I have a brother and sister-in-law that live on Garretts Chapel Road in Chickamauga. So glad to hear from you. I live in the East Brainerd area but grew up in North Hamilton County. Hope to be in touch with you again soon!! Gail #61
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  11:51:33 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies!! Here it is the 2oth and our first reading is about Eve. Thank you for those labor pains

Anyway any thoughts on Eve. I noted the fact of the bone being from Adam's rib, not his foot or anywhere but his rib, side by side mates they would be is what came to my mind right away.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  11:53:12 AM  Show Profile
Is it too late for me to join? I know I'm right down to the line!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  12:58:34 PM  Show Profile
Yes Claudia you can join!! Anyone can join even if we are well into it, all are welcome to share God's word

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  1:47:53 PM  Show Profile
Well, guess I will jump in here. I wouldn't presume to know the real reason God took rib, and not a portion from Adam's hip, arm etc., & maybe in ancient times, there was a special significance to rib...but ribs are protectors. They form a cage( rib cage ;0) ) around especially vital organs-lungs, liver and heart. My thought is that God made women to help her man & help protect him & not do damage to her husband's 1.heart- in word & deed (love), 2.lungs- the air/ environment that he breathes and the 3.liver- which is the factory that produces & cleanses blood etc. in a person. My husband is to protect me, but most certainly I am to protect him. My 2 cents worth.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  4:43:09 PM  Show Profile
I like that explanation of the ribs being the protectors. I never did look at it in that way. We'll never know for certain but he had a distinct reason for chosing the rib. Since the rib has to be strong to protect the vital organs and he used the rib to form the woman, maybe he did this to insure that she be strong for all that he knew would be put upon her. Who knows, just a thought.

Hugs

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  4:48:48 PM  Show Profile
Well, I had never thought that either. Thanks, Claudia. That makes perfect sense to me. We were created to be our husband's helpmeet, not to be a hindrance to him. To lift him up and stand beside him. I sometimes jump ahead and make descisions for my hubby when I should let him do the diciding. And when I do that I always make a mess of things. Just like Miss Eve did. You'd think after almost 32 years I would learn my lesson. So I really like that, Claudia.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  5:27:32 PM  Show Profile
Never thought of it the way you presented Claudia, good idea.

What does everyone think of the things that were to come because of the sin in the garden, labor pains, etc... sorry but those labor pains
Of course God gave us something pretty awesome for the pain

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  5:39:28 PM  Show Profile
Rae, can others who are just catching up also comment on the rib discussion? I am interested in what other gems might come up too. It would give us a chance to really be "digging" the Word. Isn't that what Farmgirl sisters do anyway?

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  6:02:36 PM  Show Profile
I'm not sure about the rib thing but I love the bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh part.
We really are to become one flesh with our spouse. I love that.
staci
Go to Top of Page

Grammygail
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Gail
Chattanooga Tennessee
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  6:43:21 PM  Show Profile
Another take on the rib.....The symbolism of the rib is that it was taken from the place nearest to Adam's heart. This was the indication of the close relationship of man and woman. Eve's name means "life", made for man as a helper who was his equal and who shared in the same processes of creation in which he shared.
Adam and Eve learned by painful experience that because God is holy and hates sin, He must punish sinners. Labor pains for Eve and laboring for food for Adam. Disobedience is sin, and it breaks our fellowship with God. Fortunately, when we disobey, God is willing to forgive us and to restore our relationship with Him.
Love all of the responses and am anxious to see more! Thanks again Rae
Farmgirl Sister #61
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  9:29:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone!
I'd love to join you! I just saw this today, so I'll have to read fast to catch up! I've been wanting to do a bible study for a while, so this will be a blessing!
Yes, I do agree with you girls that the rib is our protective bones that cover the heart, and those other vital organs. The rib cage has to be broken to get to the heart, it is beautiful to know that he took one of Adam's most precious ribs to give to Eve. Therefore, it signifies the oneness and the importance of the helper.

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  03:46:20 AM  Show Profile
Discussion is always open for any part. We will slowly move from one reading to another but if someone has comment about a past reading please be free to let us know. I find, for myself, that often I think of something else and it is nice to be able to share it.

If ok with everyone lets just keeps things as open as possible so people who join late can comment or us slower thinkers can also come back.

I think God shows his love for us so strongly with Adam and Eve because he could have just said that is it I don't need you but he loved them so much he wanted them to have a chance to repent and understand.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Family Matters: Previous Topic Bible Study #1- Women of the Bible Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page