Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Nifty Thrifty
 Repurposing...what have you done lately?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic Repurposing...what have you done lately? Next Topic
Page: of 21

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2018 :  06:17:55 AM  Show Profile
Vanessa-

I LOVE IT! What a great idea! Looks so cute. Good job.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2018 :  5:06:51 PM  Show Profile
What a cute idea, Vanessa!! Your new feeder is a fun yard art form for the Summer too!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

strength.dignity
True Blue Farmgirl

55 Posts

Jamie
WAUSAU WI
USA
55 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2018 :  9:43:45 PM  Show Profile
I love repurposing items. My latest was an old door my mom picked up from a salvage shop. I turned it into a headboard for my brother.

~ Jamie

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future." Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2018 :  6:22:36 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I've been going through ALL of my craft supplies/sewing supplies, etc., purging and destashing. When I was going through vintage linens and laces I came across some small crochet lace "snippets" that I decided to use in my cardmaking.
Here are a couple of my cards that I used these pieces on. I've made others and have about 5 more "snippets" left to use.
I like the way they turned out!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2018 :  8:01:47 PM  Show Profile
Really pretty!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2018 :  09:40:18 AM  Show Profile
Love all the ideas!! You ladies are so talented!! I think our most recent repurpose project was an old tv cabinet from the 40's? We purchased it for a whole $25, put a little love and elbow grease into and are currently using it for my boys gaming systems (I can't stand looking at wires, boxes and gaming accessories all stacked up). It's very convenient and it hides EVERYTHING, the faux wooden doors are similar to a roll top desk and pull open. I actually really loved how it turned out!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2018 :  09:50:25 AM  Show Profile
My in laws also had an old stereo cabinet that held those old fashioned beast of speakers, record player, radio, etc... my husband tore all that stuff out, added shelves, new cabinet doors, hardware, granite top (which you can't see as my hubs papers are covering the top of this cabinet right now) and we painted it. I use it for my Christmas china, serving trays, linens and other extra pretty dishes. Just love it! Thought I would share this picture as well!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2018 :  10:09:00 AM  Show Profile
CJ, I too, love to add lace and doily to my cards, journals, etc... love the texture it provides! I find it so pretty - even more so when it's just a dollop or tag of the lace... almost makes one wonder the history of the lace, where it came from, how it was used prior! So gorgeous!!

Jamie, love the head board - very masculine!

Vanessa, love the hummingbird wire gazebo you created - so cute!!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2018 :  10:12:18 AM  Show Profile
I've gone further back in the email thread - you ladies are so inspiring!! Such AMAZING repurposing ideas!! I look back to my thrifting and realize I've missed out on several projects I could of completed. I will need to spend more time on this thread for more inspiration! THANK YOU!! Looking forward to some new fall projects!!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2019 :  5:23:39 PM  Show Profile
We replaced two windows and I asked the handyman to save them so that I could do something artsy with them. I'm not really happy with my first attempt, because I forgot to consider where the umbrella handle should be, but I still have a second window to work with.

The windows also had screens, and I remember reading about painted screens years ago in a Michael's magazine. I invested in craft paint and blue tape, and carefully painted the picture of the squares from a cross stitch pattern, then painted the flag.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. Hedley Lamarr
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4085 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4085 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2019 :  02:57:30 AM  Show Profile
great projects Vanessa. Really different with the screen art. Hummm i have some screen sitting around.......... lol

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2019 :  1:20:00 PM  Show Profile

I loved the graphics on the sunflower seed bags, so I made them into shopping bags/totes. The bottoms are flat and they have a short lining at the top to secure the straps. My biggest problem was adjusting tension. These would also make great trick or treat bags!

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

There's no place like home!
Dorothy Gale

Nature speaks in symbols and in signs.
John Greenleaf Whittier
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2020 :  06:56:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls!

I have been repurposing old radios - see all the pics on my blog:

http://www.farmgirlbloggers.com/18244#more-18244

My best friend wants us to try making Christmas dioramas from one. I just don’t know about that - I don’t think I have the heart to take one apart like that, though I do like the idea.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155

Suburban Farmgirl Blog

Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2021 :  10:54:52 PM  Show Profile
I repurpose clothing...
Into rugs, childrens clothing and washable toilet paper(urine only...lol)

Farmgirl Sister #368
~~*Terri*~~
Life is too short, it is just a vapor, live it like you wont have another minute with the ones you love......
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Joplin
True Blue Farmgirl

169 Posts

Nancy
Ontario California
USA
169 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2021 :  4:45:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi, All!

I love the ideas! I plan to post some soon! I am new to the Sisterhood!

Thanks for all the inspiration!

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Joplin
True Blue Farmgirl

169 Posts

Nancy
Ontario California
USA
169 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2021 :  4:46:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi, All!

I love the ideas! I plan to post some soon! I am new to the Sisterhood!

Thanks for all the inspiration!

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2021 :  05:28:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls!

It’s been a while since I posted in this thread. I love all the ideas here. Also, welcome, Nancy!

So on my back deck, we have a sitting area with a rocker and a wicker chair. On the other side is a table we eat al fresco on, and a few other chairs. There are fresh herbs and lettuce in pots, and lots of tea lights. We call this our “shabby chic porch”. The little table I had between the chairs, an old game table, was a bit tall and really too wobbly and frail to be outside. I have kept my eye open for something else to use as an end table. I found this adorable little 50’s kid table, made like the adult ones, and am repurposing it as an end table. I think it is so cah-ute as a an end table, and the perfect size. I will put it inside during winter, and maybe use it for Xmas with cookies or something. But for now, I just love the red on my red, white and blue porch! Not too bad for a $25 thrift shop find!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155

Suburban Farmgirl Blog

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2021 :  1:50:48 PM  Show Profile
Nicole - your table is darling!! Perfect spot for it!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16960 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16960 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2021 :  4:57:51 PM  Show Profile
Oh My! luv your wee 'cracked ice' table.. that would look so cute out by your trailer too!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2021 :  5:25:57 PM  Show Profile
Grace, Oh MY! You are right...lol! Gidget makes everythng even cuter!

I repurposed my old, broken beach umbrella instead of throwing it away. I use it in the yard now. I will have to post a pic and show how I didi it. I love repurposing things that would otherwise be thrown out.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155

Suburban Farmgirl Blog

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2021 :  05:49:45 AM  Show Profile
Nicole your little table is perfect for your cozy and festive porch sitting area!! I love how every piece fits together to make a space that is inviting without spending lots to accomplish the goal. I always love to see your repurposing projects so thank-you for inspiring me and others here!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16960 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16960 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2021 :  2:06:24 PM  Show Profile
Hmmm, Nicole, thinking about your old beach umbrella... you could wrap lace and satin trimings around it... or place it in your garden, and attach bits-n-pieces of fabric (6" sq) to freely float and flutter in the breeze... if nothing else,, it will be entertaining to your wild birds... lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2021 :  11:27:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi Grace,

Oh I repurposed it to be useful. We have a pool in the yard and need the umbrella for shade. It is now a great umbrella to sit under after swimming. Will post a pic later.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155

Suburban Farmgirl Blog

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2022 :  11:50:02 AM  Show Profile
Repurposing idea: I still love to use my previous years Christmas cards to cut little gift tags out and use on my current years gifts. I always think they look so special and the different sized tags poking up from the bows always adds a pretty dimension for under the Christmas tree.

A gift idea I love: My cousin received my grandmothers recipe box of her hand written recipes when she passed years ago, two years ago my sister was able to "borrow" them, took pictures and created a recipe book through shutterfly with all my grandmothers recipes, baking quotes and photos of my grandparents through out the years. One of my favorite gifts ever. So sweet and sentimental.

Another gift idea I love for the kiddos: A time capsule. My boys were each gifted a metal time capsule tin when they were born which I have built on and added to over the years for them. Because I loved this idea and am personally so sentimental, I have also created "handmade" time capsules for my nephews and two god daughters... you can use a box, wrap it up pretty, personalize it with a cut slot in it so you can insert time capsule items/keepsakes into... or find a keepsake box of any kind, wood, cardboard with a lid and hinge or not, and then insert special items into that time capsule to gift. You can also add to it over the years. Each year on my nephews birthdays, I send them a birthday gift and then a time capsule gift which mom inserts into their time capsule. She will determine when they get to open their time capsule. Items I have included over the years are: Time magazine from the year they were born, uncirculated coins from the year they were born, copies of any family military dog tags (you can get copies made on line very inexpensively) Letters from family, friends, godparents, a bible, the coordinates of a grandparent and where their ashes were spread, a $2 bill and the history of it, DVD copy of family movies taken, Special family photos with a memory, anything that represents them and their family history. Family can also add to this over the years if they'd like. I hope someone finds this idea inspiring and/or useful if they need a sentimental gift idea.

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2022 :  11:58:41 AM  Show Profile
Sharing another repurposed gift idea: My husband repurposed a porch pillar/column thingy into a coat rack for me over 20 years ago, he added support feet and hangers - I still love it today! Perhaps someone may like this idea and have a column thingy sitting around they can re-purpose!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Nifty Thrifty: Previous Topic Repurposing...what have you done lately? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page