Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Laundry Pure anyone?? Next Topic  

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2864 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2864 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  08:12:31 AM  Show Profile
I appraised a house yesterday that had one of these. No need for any detergent, softener, anything.
The guy that had it said the first time he used it, the drum of his washer came out sparkling like new, & clothes too!
http://www.amazon.com/EcoQuest-Laundry-Pure/dp/B0013HEADW
Would be especially beneficial to those with septic tanks

vegetarian farmer
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Jane
Freedom pa
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  10:42:26 AM  Show Profile
I am curious, but a little confused. Does it go in the machine? Do you put peroxide in it? I am not sure how it works, what is actually cleaning the clothes.
Jane

http://hardworkhomestead.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  8:25:30 PM  Show Profile
I have heard of those and would like to try it. We have an Eco-quest air purifier and love it. I would recommend purchasing a dealer membership from Eco-quest ( I guess it is now called Vollara) to anyone interested to get the discount.

Here is more info Jane :)

A healthier 'no-suds' way to do laundry

Without hot water and with little or no detergent, LaundryPure puts the technology of nature to work in the laundry room at home. Based on processes used for over a decade in hospitals, hotels, and Laundromats, cold water is infused with oxygen, peroxides, and other gases to bubble and lift dirt and grime from cloth fibers, leaving towels softer and fluffier, and clothes brighter and cleaner.

Plus, every load helps save energy and money. Reducing or eliminating detergent means less residue and abrasives to weigh down and wear out fabrics, and of course, less detergent to buy. Washing in cold water also reduces the weekly demand on the household water heater.

Finally, LaundryPure incorporates the power of ActivePure with the odor and contaminant reducing action of silver ions to help an amazingly effective cold water laundry system for residential use.

Benefits of LaundryPure

•Reduces the need for detergents and fabric softener
•Reduces odors and contaminants without bleach or hot water
•Helps eliminate allergic reactions due to detergent residue
•Keeps colors brighter, longer
•Gets towels softer and fluffier and helps cloths last longer
•Helps you save money and the environment by removing the need for hot water

There's no need to get a new washing machine. LaundryPure installs on many brands and models, upgrading their effectiveness with ActivePure Technology, Certified Space Technology™.
•Uses oxygen and peroxides to lift dirt and odors away from your wash. •Reduces/eliminates the need for harsh laundry detergents and cleaners.* •Helps eliminate allergic reactions due to detergent residue. •Reduces odors and contaminants without bleach or hot water with the power of Silver. •Clothes and linens become softer, fluffier, and last longer. •Colors stay brighter. *Note: LaundryPure reduces or eliminates the need for laundry detergent. While many users find that LaundryPure alone effectively cleans their laundry, you may find it necessary to pre-treat or use a reduced amount of detergent to remove all stains. If you find that detergent is necessary, we recommend using 1/8th the amount you previously used before your LaundryPure purchase.

Max 03 <0.02 ppm
Technology ActivePure (RCI)
Silver Nano-Technology
Requires 10 psi min / 75 psi max water pressure
40° F - 100° F operating temperature range
Power Usage 120/240 Volts, 40 watts
Lint Screens & Filters Optional prefilter kit
Applications Residential laundry
Coverage N/A
Size 28.5 in. wide x 9.5 in. high x 4.0 in. deep
Weight 32 lbs
Warranty 1-year limited warranty

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  8:50:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It sounds really cool to me! I want one now! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  4:35:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Ok if it is so great it must cost a mint. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2864 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2864 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  06:32:10 AM  Show Profile
I saw one on Amazon for $399. I am on the fence about it, as we are really trying to watch our money..Is this a want or a need?? I guess it will save money in the long run, but I'm still not so sure
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  4:30:36 PM  Show Profile
wow sharon i am so excited about this. i am so sensitive to chemicals i always use the least toxic. i am going to check into this for sure.sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  1:53:56 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Please keep us all posted as to what and how it does. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

vegetarian farmer
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Jane
Freedom pa
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  05:00:50 AM  Show Profile
I looked it up and called the company. Basicaly it is not maintence free. You have to replace the ultraviolet light and the silver rod. Those can be expensive. The Ultraviolet light is what is kiling the bacteria. I also saw an independent test and they said that the clothes did get a little whiter but no difference in the killing of bacteria than clothes washed in a regular washer. You also can not use it you have one of those washers that make steam. I am still interested. I would love to actually see one work.
Jane

http://hardworkhomestead.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Laundry Pure anyone?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page