chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  7:02:04 PM  Show Profile
I have alot trouble loosing weight. I loose, I gain, over and over. Right now I am gaining...alot.
Would anybody be intrested in a friendly weight loss challenge?
Maybe we could use the forum to encourage and motivate each other. We could post pounds lost (but don't have to share our starting weight, unless you wanted to), share strageties, activities, and recipes. Anything to keep each other going on our weight loss challenge.
Anybody want to join me?
Liz

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  7:40:07 PM  Show Profile
Liz I have just started a diet and have started to lose I am counting calories and doing OK but would of course love for it to be easier.I have found that the things that have little or no calories are raw fruits and vegs. I love that. I have tried to stop extra fat also it really seeems to sneak into lots of things and extra fat is extra calories. I have gone to all sugar substitues and noooooo soda. Whole grain when I have to calm that carb craving. And get out and exercise with gardening it is easier but not all that. I started at 181 an all time high and am down to 162 so I have seen lots of result. And I do cheat once in a while too. so I have really pay attention the next few days. So here goes I have had a bad day today and won't even try to explaine the whys and will just get on track again tomorrow.

My daughter is doing the same with Weight Watchers and is having great results I have no area meeting to go to so have not gone that direction. She says they really helps her.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  03:31:16 AM  Show Profile
Diana,
Thanks for the tips and GREAT JOB on the weight loss!!! How long did it take?
Several years ago I went to weight watchers and did really well with it. But right now I just can't justify paying the weekly fee. I know what to do. I just can't seem to stay on track.
Liz
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  05:01:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am also on a weight loss plan right now. It is modeled after the Ideal Protien diet- I am not eating any carbs (well I cheated big time this weekend but am back to it today!), eating as much lettuce as I want, replacing two meals and a snack with protien powder, and eating two cups of non lettuce non carb veggies at lunch and dinner. Dinner also includes a protien.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  05:38:43 AM  Show Profile
I started out at 228 and am down to 162. I found a beautiful diet plan that allows for anything to be eaten in moderation. I put my meal plan focus on all natural and lots of fiber. It is primarily a high fiber/low fat diet. My whole family loves beans, and that is the best fiber source with no fat at all. We also use lintels in place of hamburger for a lot recipes and only cook with olive oil. We do use peanut oil for the deep frier, which gets used once a week for movie night. It is a diet that allows for variety, flavor, and no starvation. Our family only can afford to eat out once a month, so it's an all-u-can-eat buffet and no diet rules allowed night! I have found that not depriving yourself totally is the key for us. And really stock up on you herbs and seasonings! Plain beans can be amazing with a few bay leaves, some garlic, a little rosemary, and a fair amount of basil. I even add a whole onion for the last 3 hours of the crockpot cooking and it makes a wonderful sandwich for lunch the next day!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  3:28:18 PM  Show Profile
I'm right there with you. I used to weigh 260, got down to roughly 180 and since moving back to WA I've gained and am at roughly 215. I tell myself over and over that now is the time. That I'm going to do it and yet I find myself going up instead of down. Phooey. I don't want to have to have a "diet" plan. I just want to change myself and eat healthily. I long for sweets. We eat out way to much. If I could cut out the 2 I KNOW that I'd go down. Well, I'm committing right her to you ladies to not eat out between now and the 11th for certain.

www.theporcelaindesk.blogspot.com
1 Tim. 6:8 But if we have food and shelter, we will be satisfied with that.
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  4:08:48 PM  Show Profile
I had a great 2 hour walk today and feel very good about the whole thing. I will be having 4 oz of chicken breast grilled and brocoli for dinner. I really love the fact that I can eat fresh food and lose weight.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  5:45:38 PM  Show Profile
Wow Angela what a great weight loss. How long did it take? Please tell me more about your weight loss plan.
Diana, a two hour walk!?! That's great!
I have a suggestion, or maybe a challenge, I don't think we can keep up to Diana's walk (yet)but, what if we each vow to make
time to fit in a 15 min., walk tommorrow then check back tommorrow night and see how we did?
Liz
Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  6:04:15 PM  Show Profile
Liz,
I'll join you in the challenge

Go to Top of Page

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  6:12:57 PM  Show Profile
Great Tami Lynn, we can check in tommorrow and see how we did!
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  07:02:49 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I have lost 30 lbs since last July. I am using a salad plate instead of a dinner plate when I eat, I am drinking lots of water, I park as far from where I am going and walk to the door. My hubby and I walk as much as we can. Our bedrooms are upstairs, so I am running up and down the steps all day long.

I am dealing with a bout of IBS right now. So I think I will lose some more the hard way as I am not much in the mood to eat.

My hubby starts every morning off with a Carnation Instant Breakfast Shake. He is a diabetic and this helps with glucose control.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  5:14:06 PM  Show Profile
Liz, I walked for just over 30 mins. :-) We won't talk about the tree and shrubs I pulled nor the planting I did today. Man am I tuckered and it's only 5. :-)

Go to Top of Page

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  6:47:36 PM  Show Profile
Thats great Tami Lynn I did manage 10 min but my son graduated tonite and I didn't take time today, so tommorrow I'll do better
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  07:39:18 AM  Show Profile
I got in my walk yesterday about 45 mins. I also park and walk from the farthest distance too. I have taken to weighing my food my eating is portion control or lack there of. I also pulled out a pair of pants that I just had to save and they now fit. I at one point accepted my 181 pounds as me and got rid of my smaller clothes except for a few odd things that I just loved.
So out came the pants and they fit.

Out of style but they fit.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  12:09:25 PM  Show Profile
I've been doing Weight Watchers but it's gotten to the point that they're making me crazy. I'm 5'9" and weight between 170 and 175. The doctor says I'm fine, but according to all of the charts, I need to lose about 20 or more pounds. Anyway, just about all I hear is how everybody takes a day or 2 and plans every meal for the week and when they'll work out and how much -- blah, blah, blah. I feel like, "Don't you have a life?" I realize that somebody who is really medically obese might need to do this, but I just don't have the patience or whatever. I'm about to quit them. I do exercise - DH and I walk a bit and I walk at lunch time and I've started a Zumba class at the gym I already have a membership to. One of the girls I work with is big into health food and healthy eating, so I'm going to pay more attention to her eating habits and see if anything she does can help.

I also swear that a size 14 now is smaller than it was 20 years ago. I personally think it's a conpsiracy :) I just don't want to end up like my mom. I am definitely more active than she was and hope to stay that way, so that should help a lot.

See what I can to do help this challenge out.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

SusanScarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

317 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  1:13:45 PM  Show Profile
Re: changing sizes. I've been thinking about this alot lately when I was looking at older sewing patterns and looking at my Mom's 1940's clothes marked size 10. The size 10s that she wore in the 1950s look like a size 4 now. Actually, ready made clothing is much larger than it used to be. I was so curious I searched a little for the information. For instance, until about 1956 a size 12 pattern was for a 30" bust. In 1956 it changed to a 32 inch bust. In 1967 the standard changed again to 34 inch bust. That's for sewing patterns. But I checked a few catalogs to get the measurements for ready made clothes - Size 12 is now for a 38 1/2 " bust. Yikes !!! I need to go take a walk!
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  3:38:30 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I enjoyed doing belly dancing back in Ohio. We had Fit TV on Directv. I need to find if Comcast has it. I don't think it is called Fit TV anymore. Low impact and fun.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  4:31:50 PM  Show Profile
I only did 15 minutes today. I'm so tired and my arms are very sore. I've been canning, digging, planting for the last 3 days. :-)

Go to Top of Page

JudyT
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  6:17:09 PM  Show Profile
I'm doing Jenny Craig right now and have lost 10lbs and have 20lbs to go. I have been cooking meals that are lighter and my family loves them. I'm getting ready for when I can really start eating my own food. It's been a whole life change. My husband and I walk about 60 minutes a day...we're striving to be "younger next year".

Judy~Farmgirl Sister #599
I was born a city girl, but I'm a "farmgirl" at heart, sharing my life at...http://dailyyarnsnmore.com
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  4:52:01 PM  Show Profile
I'm taking a belly dance class right now.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  5:11:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the input ladies. I didn't get to walk yesterday or today DH had a seizure yesterday and I'm really shook up. He's had them befor, was ok with meds but he hasn't been taking then as he should. Then WHAMMO!! a seizure. Actually a walk would proberly do me good. I did find time to craft a little, helps me take my mind off things a little.
Let's see what tommorrow brings.
Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  5:44:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh Liz! I pray that everything works for the best and that your DH will start or be able to start taking his meds again.

Go to Top of Page

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  5:55:56 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Tami,
He is very stubborn but this IS going to be the LAST TIME he neglects taking his meds, if I have to stand there and feed it to him. I can't go thru that again. I was in bed, he came in I thought he wanted to tell me something and suddenly his body stiffened and down he went! He has had others over the past seven years but this was the first time I witnessed the whole thing.
Liz
Go to Top of Page

Butterscotch Grove
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Melissa
Fairbanks AK
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2010 :  9:54:18 PM  Show Profile
Liz - It has been a few days...how is your husband?

Melissa (weight challenge lurker :-)

My blog:

http://ButterscotchGrove.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2010 :  10:56:16 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,
I hope we don't loose the umph. :-) I had a loss of 2.4 pounds this last week. Yippee. Now to keep the motivation going.

Go to Top of Page

miss kris
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

kris
mi
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2010 :  05:24:10 AM  Show Profile
I have been having trouble with weight for about 100 years. Due to chemicals and hormone changes mostly. I don't drink enough water.....its hard to do....to stop and drink. Course, then you have to pee all the time. I am very over weight but thankfully still have curves so it doesn't look as bad as it could. I am working on it but have not lost a pd. frustrating = Miss Kris

For I know the plans I have for you...Jer.29:11
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Challenges with weight loss Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page