Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Gathered Up
 Southern Girls, discuss a gathering, 05 Aug,update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Southern Girls, discuss a gathering, 05 Aug,update Next Topic
Page: of 3

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  4:07:14 PM  Show Profile
05 August 2010.. there is a thread at the henhouse (http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/HenHouseSnitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1509) that I would like for y'all to take a moment to read... and let me know with either email or post in the thread, if you want to go? Thank You!

*16 July 2010... I posted some pictures of Toccoa Falls and the Travelers Rest Historical site at the henhouse. these are two places that maybe we would like to go and see off camp site!

*10 July 2010... Just want to make this clearer... the date for camp is set for OCTOBER 7-9 2011.. year two thousand eleven, and maybe also on the tenth if the majority wants 4 day week-end.. that Monday is Columbus Day. The henhouse is up and running.. if you are part of the sisterhood and wish to join the henhouse, please email me with your request. For the non-sisterhood girl... you are welcomed to visit and read all at the henhouse "MJ Farmgirls' Southern Connection", just not able to post.. but I want you to be counted and will add your comments or sign you up in things that you want to do! Thanks!!!

* 02 July 2010... Hey Girls!
I took the suggestion of creating a HenHouse for this topic.. I am working on all the topics in there to make thing easier to follow from this thread.
For those Gals that are not in the Sisterhood, you are free to read everything in there.. just can't post... but if you have any thing that you would like to add to those threads... just post them here and I'll add your posts, thoughts, etc to them. This get together is for any Girls would like to do "Girl Scout" style camping (more info inside the henhouse) and meet other MJ Farmgirls!. The name of the HenHouse is "MJ Farmgirls' Southern Connection" .. Sisters wishing to join, email me and I'll notify Brian.
To find the Henhouse...Forum: Farmgirl Chapters, Thread: Farmgirl Chapter Henhouses, scroll to locate "MJ Farmgirls' Southern Connection"
Give me till the end of the day to get all the discussions up, thanks!
....by the way... we will be going to Camp Toccoa! It will suit us perfectly. I will add pictures at the henhouse.. I went on Monday and toured it... beautiful!

***the link to the Henhouse is: http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/HenHouseSnitz/default.asp?CAT_ID=94

* 20 June 2010... Hi Girls!
There has been a sorta of a beginning discussion for the GA girls to get together.
Well, I have been kicking around some ideas on how to make that happen.

The ideas.. just ideas forming,
1) a friend has a farm.. asked if we could rent his place for a week-end... he'll get back to me on this. What I know so far is that he has a barn and fields.

2) There is a Baptist Conference Center that has cabins and such for rent
( http://gabaptist.org/contentpages.aspx?parentnavigationid=7042&theparentnavigationid=4721ntpageguid=947e49a5-a6cb-4e1d-8057-3568255fea29 ) *the cabins and camp, toward bottom of page)

3) Camp Toccoa, which is Campfire Girls camp that has cabins, lodge, dinning hall, camp activities that we could rent for a week-end.
( http://www.camptoccoa.org/user-groups.html )

Now... this thread is just a spring board for open discussion. I was thinking due to the location , it would be sorta convient for S.C, N.C, Tenn girls also to join in with the GA.
Also starting this discussion early will able us that want to do this idea to start saving up for it. I was thinking maybe to do this next year 2011.... also an idea of how many serious girl want to go. An idea of the head count for rentals. This can be available for any girls who would like to do this... not just Southern girls. I was merely calling it Southern due to the area. Also if this kicks off... What do you think of calling this group The MJF Southern Connection... if MJF does not mind.

Ok.. let's start... and please really think about this and not be fool-hearty (is that the right expression?) of your decision... because I can't do this alone and drop outs would really make it tough. For now... toss this idea around and lets discuss!

Right now.. I am thinking that the Camp Toccoa might be the fun way to go... anyways, many things to consider... what can you live without... or for that matter cannot live without.... like showers? toilets? maybe rent a port-a-potty if needed.... food? menu? anyone good with organizing things like that? I will be glad to locate places. We could work on various badges? Like Girl Scout camp style?

suggestion: start saving a bit of money now... say $10.00 a month or so... then it would'nt be hard to come up with the funds.... and if you don't go.. then you'll have that money for something!

.....sooooo... what ya think?

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Karrieann on Aug 05 2010 3:25:42 PM

TeaPriestess
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Dionne
Duluth Georgia
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  4:51:22 PM  Show Profile
I really like the idea of the camp and working on badges (I just got my Henrietta yesterday! Yay! I'm official!) I'll have to give this some thought and see what I come up with.

"Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world."- Tien Yiheng
Yay I'm Farmgirl Sister #1690!

Edited by - TeaPriestess on Jun 20 2010 4:51:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

ijjie
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Joan
Knoxville TN
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  6:57:22 PM  Show Profile

I like this idea. Toccoa Falls is a beautiful area. We visited there last year. I live in NC and would like to consider this further. Keep me posted.

Joan

www.ijjie.blogspot.com; www.exploretheworld.blog.com; www.pittrock.com
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  03:41:51 AM  Show Profile
Sounds wonderful. I will start saving now. I never heard of Toccoa Falls, but I am going to look it up now.

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  06:29:40 AM  Show Profile
Im in! Will this just be for the farmgirls or their families too?

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  06:38:59 AM  Show Profile
This does sound like fun. I would love to meet you all. I will be thinking about this.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  08:53:04 AM  Show Profile
Karen... I was thinking just the farmgirls but that is not engraved in stone. I would like others to put in their opinion on this too.

my take on that is this... I would like to be with other women and meet all of us .. I spend way enough time with my guy. It is just him and I along with our beagle kid. My Hubby is retired and I have not had a job since we moved here, going on 6 years. He and I belong to many of the same organizations like American Legion, Shriners just to list a few. He is NOT.. I repeat NOT into anything rustic, farming, country, camping, nature. He loves me for who I am, the country lover. He is truly the city boy. We are living in Toccoa because I picked the location and he wanted me to be content and happy... so that's the story of us. I love the stuff that he does not like above. I would love to be freer when meeting us girls.

There are few wonderful places that we can go and see in and around Toccoa,

the Toccoa Falls being one of them (http://www.jackanthonyphotography.com/yahoola/waterfalls/falls/toccoafalls.html) and easy to get to,

also there is this historical Traveler's Rest
(http://www.gastateparks.org/Travelers).

At Toccoa Camp, If our group would like to participate in traditional camp activities, their staff offers archery, group initiatives and low ropes, high ropes, canoeing, use of the swimming pool, horseback riding, and environmental education. (additional costs). Or we can just create our own activities involving whatever...crocheting, knitting, cooking class...sewing... nothing at all.... I think one of the heated cabin includes a kitchen... maybe do our own meals that class cooked?

I think a BIG girl family reunion kind of idea be fun...who knows.

as I get more information about the guy's farm, I will post them.
:o)

Edited by - Karrieann on Jun 21 2010 08:56:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  04:53:27 AM  Show Profile
I vote, just us "farmgirls". I can get away and not worry about my life at home!!

Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  05:37:16 AM  Show Profile
Ohhh, can I come??? I am just over the Ga Line in Tn! This sounds like fun!

Kelly #238

May your bobbin always be full...
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  5:33:36 PM  Show Profile
I am up near Rome Ga....I would love to join..

Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  7:46:38 PM  Show Profile
All that want to go are welcomed!

Even FL girls... anyone who want to go !

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2010 :  09:48:29 AM  Show Profile
I up for anything. Thanks, Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2010 :  12:21:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh count me in!! I would love to meet some farmgirls! If we have it in north Ga think about the weather. What month? We have been to many of the parks in that area. Their are so many. I know of a lodge in Helen that can house 24 max. I am also willing to help. Just let me know, Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

TeaPriestess
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Dionne
Duluth Georgia
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2010 :  5:13:26 PM  Show Profile
Everything put forth so far sounds wonderful! I haven't been camping with just the girls since I was a Girl Scout! I'll start saving money right now!

"Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world."- Tien Yiheng
Yay I'm Farmgirl Sister #1690!
Go to Top of Page

Kerbear
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Kerry
Middle Tennessee
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  6:34:00 PM  Show Profile
I am definitely interested too (not confirmed though). Barbara, I have been to the lodge in Helen too. It sleeps so many people all in one house. If I remember correctly there are 11 rooms all with 2 twins plus couches in the living area. Campers are welcome too. Lots of horse trails/hiking plus its not far at all from Helen. There's tubing too.
Tocoa is beautiful too!
I vote farmgirls only~ This sounds like so much fun. Thanks for getting this together Karrieann!! I'd be more than happy to help too.

~Kerry Anne
Farmgirl Sister #975

Edited by - Kerbear on Jun 24 2010 6:37:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  7:12:15 PM  Show Profile
.. great! I will appreciate those help so much after I do a bit more research.

One thing that is on my mind.. is maybe we get the organic meats from one of the farmgirl in Lavonia
Also.. about when? well.. this is where you could add your thoughts on... September or October keeps popping up in my head for some reason. (shrugs)

Go to Top of Page

Jeanna
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Jeanna
Franklin NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  7:31:56 PM  Show Profile
I would be interested. Toccoa sounds really good to me. It is pretty close and I would love to meet up with other farmgirls.

Jeanna
Farmgirl Sister #41

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2010 :  07:33:27 AM  Show Profile
sounds like lots of fun. great idea!!! Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2010 :  10:20:47 AM  Show Profile
October would be nice, it will be much cooler then.

Kelly #238

May your bobbin always be full...
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  04:57:26 AM  Show Profile
Karrieann maybe we should set up a hen house? This could be a place where everyone could keep up with the details. Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  05:18:21 AM  Show Profile
I like October too. It is soooo hot here right now, and Summer is just getting started!

Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  06:30:10 AM  Show Profile
Barbara, I think that is a wonderful suggestion but what is keeping me from doing it... is that I do not want to exclude the Farmgirls that aren't in the Sisterhood and miss out. Maybe I just do not fully understand about the henhouses... anyone enlighten me?

Would doing a henhouse for this work?

Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  1:12:26 PM  Show Profile
Well we could have a henhouse and also post the important stuff for everyone to read. I agree that I would not want to exclude anyone. This thread my get very long with a year of planning. Maybe someone else knows of a solution. Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  4:37:03 PM  Show Profile
Karrieann, I would love to join in on this get together. Will help if I can too! I agree with just us Farmgirls.
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  4:43:17 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, me too. I am so ready to just get away somewhere without family all over! I LOVE my family, but sometimes...I wish it was sooner though.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2010 :  11:45:31 AM  Show Profile
October is great...I just need to know a date to get off work..
Thanks
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Southern Girls, discuss a gathering, 05 Aug,update Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page