levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9247 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9247 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  05:04:15 AM  Show Profile
I am with you Mary. I am a lifer too but have fallen off the wagon a bit so I am back at it. It is definitely a lifestyle change. I always think I can go back to the old ways once I lose the weight but realize I can't. It's all about healthier choices. And moving more. I have trouble with that because the area we live in is not conducive to being able to walk safely. I refuse to spend money at a gym so I just make sure I do as much moving as possible. We live in a two-story so I go up and down the stairs ALOT. lol!

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  06:22:36 AM  Show Profile
I love the WW program, and it is the only one that has ever worked for me. I thought with the new points plus program that I would not lose any weight because I seriously had a hard time using all my points. But I am doing very well and am sure the new program is working.
Mary- I agree "IF I BITE IT, I WRITE IT" definitely makes the weight loss a success.

The city where I weigh in has a new cafe called the "Lo-Cal Cafe". It is a very limited menu but the food is very good and tasty. And gives me a healthy option opposed to all the fast food. They cannot legally post the WW points but do have them if you request them. I had a spinach veggie wrap for 4 pts and a slaw for 1 pt. It filled me up though it was small portions. I chose a "pumpkin Cheesecake" dessert. It was only 1/4 cup but it was delicious and worth 1 WW pt. I came home and duplicated it. It will definitely fulfill the dessert craving.

I try to walk every day unless it is raining. Seems like walking really makes the belly inches drop. I am beginning to see my toes again when I stand and it makes it easier to put my socks on.:)

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  4:16:47 PM  Show Profile
Been reading through this and thinking "Ah Ha!" Been there done that. I'm doing my third round with WW and it is the only thing that works for me. The first time I lost over 30 pounds. I'm 5'9", 58 years young, and we won't talk about weight, but if I can get at least 25 off, I will be so happy. I'm tired of looking and feeling like this. I get breathless when I really try to get up and do anything. Have any of you tried the Hungry Girl recipes? I love her stuff and have her cook books. She's great for a change and has all the point information on her website.

Thanks for letting me participate.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go

Farmgirl Sister #2351
Go to Top of Page

upnorthgirl
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

Sharon
St. Germain WI
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  7:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Send upnorthgirl a Yahoo! Message
I have been on WW in the past, and have always done well with the program. As of late, I have fallen off the wagon however, and need to get back on track! Glad to see there are so many of you on WW. I have been doing it on line as i really don't have time to get to a meeting (I am a travelling nurse, and never know where I will be during the week) By reading everyone's input, I believe I will be trying this again, hopefully to stay this time... Thanks all:)

Another Sharon
FG sister #3239
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9247 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9247 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  06:43:09 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone have trouble losing with the new system? I don't even use all my points and the weight does not seem to be coming off. I am eating my servings but anytime I start to go into my extra points which we are also supposed to be able to use I can't seem to get it down at all. I seem to be fluctuating a lb. up and down but that is it. Any ideas? I know that for me the points work out to be less than the 29 but they say you aren't supposed to go lower than that.

farm girl sister#43
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  5:21:20 PM  Show Profile
Denise- I think the most points anyone gets is 29. I have a hard time most days getting 29 points in. But I have been losing well until today's weigh in. I stayed the same. (Thank goodness no gain) But I had several candy bars :(

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  01:49:29 AM  Show Profile
UGH! I need to get back on track!

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9247 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9247 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2016 :  6:33:54 PM  Show Profile
So I'm thinking about giving it a try online again. I have had very bad eating habits for the past while and am no where near the goal I once reached. Would love to be there again but can't do meetings due to be a caregiver. I went online to check it out and I wonder why they make it so expensive to even do weight watchers? Disappointing really. I have the really old points system but no real accountability so I stay on for a little while and then I go off again. Its a vicious cycle.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Weight Watchers? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page