connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2005 :  5:53:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey Fargirls Kathy Thanks for sending that website address. I had never seen it and learned a lot. I am proud to announce that I am finally mailing 2 "pieces" out tonight.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2005 :  07:51:48 AM  Show Profile
Meadowlark--My mail god's name is Jim and he made no mention of twelve cents as he handed my package over. In fact he commented that it looked like something fun! I picked it up this morning and love it! Thanks so much , yours is the first piece I have received and when I opened it my son said "Mom...how does that person know you look like that?" I am much rounder and my hair is a little shorter but you even got the light right! I just answered "Kindred Spirits!" and he just shook his head and said "Freaky!" I am slow getting mine out but they are on the way! Thanks again Jenny, we have discovered another talent of yours...interpretive drawing!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2005 :  12:57:12 PM  Show Profile
Bramble, I am a remote viewer in my spare time NOT!!! Glad you liked it! So glad "Jim" let your package slide through the vast postal machine! I have had out of town company this past week off and on and haven't been able to crank any more art out. Tommorow my SIL and kids ( the one that is moving to Philly) is coming. She said they are looking at homes on one acre lots! I am thinking WOW! I bet that will be sticker shock! Hope they don't get in over their heads too much! They seem to relocate alot.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2005 :  1:26:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Got the mail list from Connie today and will post to everyone on it. Now I have the art bit sussed out. But do you include a little note, or just send a piece of art?
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2005 :  1:26:51 PM  Show Profile
Meadowlark-- not sure where the job is located but if they look out in Montgomery Co. a little farther from the city they might find something agreeable. EVERYTHING has gone crazy. I just saw a campaign against homelessness in my county and it said " Just what we need...another homeless person on the streets. This EMT makes 30,0000.000 a year. That means he can't afford a two bedroom apartment here. Truth is it takes more than 39,000 a year to be able to afford to live in our county. People we count on to provide vital services like teacher's aides, nursing assistants, store clerks, waiters and waitresses can no longer afford to live here.(Starting teachers make 31,5000!) Where will they go...." When the cost of an asbestos shinglesided Cape Cod exceeds 290,000 on a 1/4 acre lot , there is something very wrong.
We do have some posh communities in our county but trust me , it is not by far the majority and I am not in one though my taxes would tell you different. I wish them alot of luck ,it is going to be a very big sticker shock beside the pace everything goes out here. Warn them a course in defensive driving wouldn't hurt either!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2005 :  2:16:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Helen! Whatever you decide to do is cool with us! We are not a picky bunch, believe me! I am just anxious to even see the envelope with your stamps from New Zealand! Just have fun with it! Jenny from Kansas
Bramble, That is really sad that people like that cannot afford a home. They offer valuable and much needed service to the economy, as well as bringing their experiences and point of view to enrich a community. Real Estate in some areas has truely gone insane. WE seem to be insulated here from the crazy swings in values in the Midwest. As more people discover that it will most likely change. My SIL lived in Conn. in the late 80's and early 90's so she knows what the driving is like, and the prices. I wish her well. I do worry about her kids adjusting though.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2005 :  2:25:53 PM  Show Profile
I still haven't finished all mine yet, we are in the process of trying to secure a loan for a house (found one today, not in the country , but it's in a beautiful neighborhood with a HUGE backyard (perfect for the kids to run around and for me to have a vegetable garden). For those who pray, could you please pray for us to get this house? It would be much appreciated!!! (sorry this turned so off-topic)

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2005 :  2:36:34 PM  Show Profile
I'll send some prayers your way Molly! By the way...we are always rambling off subject, so don't worry.

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2005 :  5:01:23 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Jenny!!!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2005 :  6:27:02 PM  Show Profile
Thanks meadowlark.
Mollielae prayers coming your way from New Zealand
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2005 :  03:04:00 AM  Show Profile
Molly good thoughts (and prayers) for your new home. May the wait not be too long, I think that's the worst part, the suspense!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2005 :  05:40:54 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Helen and Bramble !!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2005 :  08:11:45 AM  Show Profile
Molly Mae, just sent off a prayer to you. I KNOW how you feel, I've got my heart set on a piece of property right now and am trying to work out the financing. I can see myself and hubby living there for the rest of our lives and the "future" grandkids coming to visit.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2005 :  08:26:58 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies
I'm a month late but if you gals decide to do this again please let me know I would love to join in. I absolutely love making cards.Thanks, Melissa
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2005 :  11:13:45 AM  Show Profile
Melissa, just email connio and have her put your name and address on the list, we are all still in the process of making them and mailing them out :)

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2005 :  11:15:38 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, thank you for the prayer and good luck to you with that piece of property! The house we want, is in-town, but has a humungous backyard, and I know we could be happy there for quite a long time. Properties with acreage around here are a bit out of our price range! Someday, though...!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2005 :  4:47:29 PM  Show Profile
Hey Melissa! You are not too late--it is never to late to join in the fun of mail art. Molly Mae is correct. Please send me your "snail mail" address with a brief sentence giving me permission to add it to our list. My email address is conniekallenberg@msn.com

Connie ( Connio is just a name that I use when I am feeling particularly silly!)

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2005 :  4:56:53 PM  Show Profile
Hey Farm Girls I am doing a little inventory this evening. Could ya'll email me and let me know if you have received any mail art yet?
I am sending my 3rd piece out tonight. I know that we are all very busy so it may be awhile before everyone has received at least one.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2005 :  08:53:31 AM  Show Profile
Molly, thanks so much!

www.sqrlbee.com
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2005 :  09:00:13 AM  Show Profile
OK Connie, I've sent you my address and permission. I'm so happy I'm not too late. Whats next? :o)

www.sqrlbee.com
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2005 :  12:17:40 PM  Show Profile
This idea has really bloomed for me so I think I will probably send everyone on the list one but it will take some time so hang in there, the garden comes first!
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2005 :  3:23:36 PM  Show Profile
You are very welcome, Melissa!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2005 :  4:55:01 PM  Show Profile
I have received 1 piece of Mail art
Robin In Western Washington

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From sheep to handspun "
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2005 :  06:33:31 AM  Show Profile
I have sent three pieces of mail art. No receipts yet, but I am pretty new to the list.
jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2005 :  07:15:19 AM  Show Profile
Meadowlark, I tried to email you privately but you don't have any contact info on here, so I'll just have to say it for all to read . Thank you for the mail art I got this morning! You are so sweet, and your little note on the back brought tears to my eyes. Thank you, you made my day!!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 56 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Archived Mail Art Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page