Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Blackberry Cobbler? Next Topic  

luganlass
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Cindy
Petaluma CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  11:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Send luganlass a Yahoo! Message
Hi it's me again looking for your recipes! I absentmindedly picked 8 cups of blackberries the other day at work in the back where our equipment is and I need to get a cobbler recipe that you like please! I want something more like bisciuts than cake-like. Can anyone help?
Cindy

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world". -JRR TOLKIEN

MerryHeartSister
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Christy
Tuscaloosa Alabama
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  04:35:05 AM  Show Profile
I don't think this is biscuit-like but it is scrumptious.

Melt one stick of butter in your cobbler dish.

Boil two cups of fruit with sugar to taste (1/3 to 1 cup) with enough water to cover. Cook for a couple of minutes after the sugar dissolves.

Mix 1 cup self-rising flour (or like me, your own mix of gluten free flours and leavening) with 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk.

Pour fruit into melted butter.

Pour batter over fruit.

Bake at 350 until golden brown.

Served best with homemade ice cream.
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  07:27:43 AM  Show Profile
WOW! I like that recipe. Simple and tasty !
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  07:34:45 AM  Show Profile
Its funny this topic is on here. I made a cobbler last night and after putting it in the oven went to take a much needed bath. My daughter knocks on the door and says "Mom the cobblers spilling over." I overfilled the pan and now I get to clean the oven!
Go to Top of Page

luganlass
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Cindy
Petaluma CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  8:17:47 PM  Show Profile  Send luganlass a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Christy! I appreciate the recipe! I will try it soon!
Cindy

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world". -JRR TOLKIEN
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  10:06:31 PM  Show Profile
Yum..my beloved grandma made blackberry cobbler every summer when I was a kid. The creek behind their house was full of wild blackberries..I spent every chance I got picking them for her (and me!!) and I still think the best jam, pie or cobbler is blackberry. She made hers with bisquick..very simple and bisquity. I don't like the type that is super sweet made with cake mix at all..too sugary...I love the bisquit crust..yum!~!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Blackberry Cobbler? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page