buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2011 :  4:27:23 PM  Show Profile
As we celebtate, may we remember that our country was founded on the principles of God. Happy 4th to all of you too.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2011 :  7:00:31 PM  Show Profile
Happy 4th sisters!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  2:38:00 PM  Show Profile
Happy belated 4th to you all!

I just wanted to let you know that Kristina's almost done with the book, "Heaven is for Real," if anyone else is interested in reading it! She has purchased a little journal to record her thoughts while reading and plans to forward it along with the book to the next interested farmgirl (what a GREAT idea!!!), so please just let us know! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2011 :  3:01:07 PM  Show Profile
Hope everyone had a nice and safe 4th. Enjoy time with family at my son's house. Feels like I'm been gone a long time. Finally moved and pretty much settled. You know it take time to know where you want things. This place is a little smaller that we had, but we'll make do. It does have a balcony, which we love!!! Will check in soon, and pray everyone is doing well.

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  04:58:35 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies. I have been on the forum for quite some time, gone for a while but so glad to be back. I'm a Christian and in need of other Farmgirl Christian fellowship! I have spent the last couple of days reading all your posts and am soooo very encouraged by your words and thoughts and of course all the scriptures you share.
I have pulled away from God over the last months and to be honest have felt crappy because of it. Sort of like choosing to eat junk food instead of healthy. But He is so faithful and patient and has gently led/coaxed me to places where i can see and hear his word. This is one such place. i do hope to be able to contirbute to this thread but for now, please indulge me as i soak in the love, patience & friendship. May He bless each of you richly today, may His light shine upon you. BTW-is anyone on FB? I would love to add some new friends! I'm Angie Raab, Avon, NY

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/

http://www.birchtreefarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  05:05:40 AM  Show Profile
Angie welcome! I heard a preacher say once a man and his wife went for a drive. She started complaining when they were first married they rode snuggled side by side and the newness wore off and she sat by her passenger door these days. The husband looks at her and says " Dear the steering wheel didnt move". He went on to compare that to God. He never moves from us, we move from Him. I have always remembered that analogy. Hope you all have a blessed day.
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  05:08:16 AM  Show Profile
ah, yes, the newness. You would think after all these years i would "get it"Thank-you for your welcome. I'm so looking forward to getting to know you all.
quote:
Originally posted by smiley

Angie welcome! I heard a preacher say once a man and his wife went for a drive. She started complaining when they were first married they rode snuggled side by side and the newness wore off and she sat by her passenger door these days. The husband looks at her and says " Dear the steering wheel didnt move". He went on to compare that to God. He never moves from us, we move from Him. I have always remembered that analogy. Hope you all have a blessed day.

ANGIE

http://www.birchtreefarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  08:49:16 AM  Show Profile
If no one is interested in the book Nini, my 9yo dd would like to read it too.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2011 :  10:32:42 AM  Show Profile
Sure! Hold onto it for a little while, Kristina - no problem! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  5:47:25 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to stop by and send blessings to you!
This is the scripture that the Lord laid on my heart this year. I am reminded to read it over & over. There will never be a time when this is not relevant in my life.

JEREMIAH 17:6-8

ANGIE

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  10:47:13 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the forum Angie! We're always welcome to new sisters!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  12:04:56 PM  Show Profile
I have been kinda out of the loop myself this summer. It has been a rough summer for my family. Hope to get back on track and put God first where He should always be!! We get SOOO caught up in our lives and 'junk' that we let the pressures of time and the world drag us from Him so easily.

I am so very grateful that He is always there with His outstretched hand to welcome me back!
So thankful for His mercy!

Have a great and blessed Sunday, ladies

Blessings, Linda

www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart

Edited by - prayin granny on Jul 10 2011 12:06:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  2:47:45 PM  Show Profile
Amen, Linda! Amen!! So glad you're back! :) Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  4:07:52 PM  Show Profile
I agree! It's so easy to be distracted from Him and usually it is at those times that we need Him most.
quote:
Originally posted by prayin granny

I have been kinda out of the loop myself this summer. It has been a rough summer for my family. Hope to get back on track and put God first where He should always be!! We get SOOO caught up in our lives and 'junk' that we let the pressures of time and the world drag us from Him so easily.

I am so very grateful that He is always there with His outstretched hand to welcome me back!
So thankful for His mercy!

Have a great and blessed Sunday, ladies

Blessings, Linda

www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart

ANGIE

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  10:36:15 PM  Show Profile
Linda, it's good to see you back:) I totally understand about being thrown for a loop. I definitely sometimes get caught up in life. Glad to see you here again!
Megan

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  07:32:39 AM  Show Profile
Hey there, girls! I hope you’re enjoying this glorious summer day!

I really feel the Holy Spirit was speaking to me recently, and I thought I would share:

About two weeks ago, I was making all sorts of delicious jams. Out of the blue, I thought, “I wonder if Father John and Father Joseph would like some?” I started to think about how busy they are taking care of their church family, and probably have such limited time and resources to do things for themselves like grow a garden or can vegetables or make jam… Was anyone doing these things for them?

That Sunday, Father Joe led the Mass. As is the custom, at the end of Mass, he was standing by the door greeting church family as they left for home. He and Father John are wonderful - I just love them. They greet us with bright smiles, look deeply into our eyes, extend their hands, and always ask how each of us our doing. Sometimes the line goes a little slowly as someone is sharing their cares or concerns, or even news of a celebration; but that’s okay - that’s what it’s all about. Our priests are wonderful. We are very blessed. As Christ Himself would do, they intently listen to each one of us as if we are the most important and special person in their lives. It’s definitely worth the wait. ;) When it was my turn, I leaned in and asked Father Joseph if he and Father John might like some homemade jam. His face lit up like a child’s on Christmas morning as he cheerfully replied, “Oh, sure! Suuuuure!” He reminded me of my grandfather who reacted the same way at the mere thought of fresh sweet buttered corn on the cob. My heart giggled: Life’s simple pleasures.

As promised, a couple of days later we brought a basket full of jams, and vegetables and herbs from the garden down to the Rectory. Father Joseph was there with wide eyes and smiles, just delighted with our gift. It got me to thinking about all the priests and ministers who give so much of themselves to their church families, and often receive so little in return. Even in line at the end of Mass, when we ask how he is, the priest will just smile and say, “Great! God bless you!” But surely they need to be cared for by their flock just as much as they do the caring! I remembered how in the Old Testament careful instructions were given as to how the people should provide for the priests. And how in the New Testament, we are further instructed to care for each other. I’m pretty sure I’ve had the “for each other” part down pretty well, but the priest part? Well, let’s just say, other than holidays and special occasions, I’ve been a bit negligent. I pray for my priests, but I don’t always think to share with them. I give to neighbors, family, friends - even to shut-ins and the elderly. But how on earth could I have forgotten about sharing with my priests - the very men who care for my soul? Ugh. I am humbled, Lord. I think we all can be guilty sometimes of going to church and soaking in the Gospel and blessings, only to return home and go about our daily business without so much as a thought about the person who just brought the Gospel to us. <Sigh> That has to change.

Now, I’m going to make more of an effort, sharing garden produce, jams, and even surprising our priests with baked goods from time to time. And when I’m out and about and find a good deal or a new “must try” item, I’m going to pick some up for them, too. I know that they have such limited resources and time to do all these things for themselves; and we ARE their family: we need to do this for them, too! All the wonderful things we farmgirls do: praying, gardening, sewing, knitting, food preservation, soap-making, coupon-clipping…even card-making and scrapbooking! All these are gifts and talents we can share with our priests, ministers, pastors and their families who dedicate and sacrifice so much of themselves for us. We should not neglect these loving men and women of God. Even those who receive compensation for their Holy work are often stretched and stressed beyond our ken. We really need to “be Jesus” for them, too.

As an aside - a few days after our visit, we received a lovely thank you note from Father Joseph. Apparently, our priests are REALLY enjoying their breakfast toast with their jam! ;) My heart’s giggling again…

Hugs and blessings to you all!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Jul 11 2011 07:41:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  3:21:41 PM  Show Profile
Nini you are so right! Thank you for sharing and reminding me too I am negligent in this area
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  3:38:57 PM  Show Profile
Nini, awesome and just such a good reminder. Thank-you.

ANGIE

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  9:37:08 PM  Show Profile
Nini, as usual, I love your post! It's such an easy thing to overlook. Thank you for the post:)
Megan

Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  04:52:56 AM  Show Profile
Girls, let's agree in prayer that our Farmgirl sisters are all protected in this heat. Lord that their families and livestock have shelter and water. We pray for rain Lord to those who need it. Lord we thank you that we can come to you and praise you in all seasons. AMEN

ANGIE

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  05:11:02 AM  Show Profile
Yes sister! I stand in agreement with that!
Go to Top of Page

Manna Creek
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Sherry
Board Camp AR
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  06:11:16 AM  Show Profile
Hello! Have been out of the loop for a LONG time! Discovered this thread and love it. Christian here too!

Philippians 2:9-11
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  06:48:41 AM  Show Profile
Well, welcome back to the loop, Sherry!

I'm praying in agreement with you, girls!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  07:30:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi, just thought I would add myself to the roll call :). I'm relatively new to MJF and the connection etc.
Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

gathered herb
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Patty
Ormond Beach florida
USA
87 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  07:49:31 AM  Show Profile
Kristian, I am proud to be a child of our Lord & Saviour!!! I am a new member, taking baby steps all the way. We all have a story, & none of us need to feel alone!!! Amen to the Sisterhood.... patty
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page