Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  06:17:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just stopped in to say "Hi!"

I haven't been here in a while.

Lots happening at our house.

Yesterday my oldest daughter got jumped on by her horse, gashing the back of her leg. Something spooked her and she actually tried to jump over my daughter. On the same night at the stable, her friend was kicked by another horse, sending her to the hospital. I have not heard the update on her leg yet.

Hubby may not be able to donate a kidney to his sister after all. Testing shows that his sugar is too high. He's seeing a doctor to confirm it.

We finally got rain here, so the cool morning air is a blessing.

I'll try to stop in when I can.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7044 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7044 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  07:41:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, girls!

Hi Kristina! I owe you a couple of emails... soon to come, sister! Soon to come! I'm praying for you about all these situations. You are one strong lady. VERY creative and talented, too! Girls - Kristina made her very first glamping tent recently! The pictures are amazing! You should see them! I wish we ALL lived closer, don't you?! All of us being together would just be SO much fun!!! :)

Last Sunday Father John said something during his homily that I thought was pretty amazing. First he remarked how whenever there is a need or concern, we naturally pray to God for His assistance. He then proceeded to say that what we do not realize, however, is that in Heaven it works just the reverse: whenever God sees a need or has a concern, He prays back to us for our assistance. I never considered that before... God is really, in effect, "counting on us." The more I meditate on what Father said, the more profound his words become to me. What are your thoughts on this?

Have a blessed day!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  7:13:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm, interesting thought Nini. I guess its how God reaches inside us to communicate in a way like a parent would. Not necessarily give us the answer, but lead us to the answer. Does that make sense? I guess its a way of trying to explain that he is always with us and communicates with us but is praying that we will open our hearts and minds so that we can do his will and hear his voice in our lives. I think it also identifies for me on how I take a quiet moment to send my prayers to God, and how God takes a quiet moment to send his prayers back to me. I like that picture, it helps me see how special I am to God.

Lesley
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7044 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7044 Posts

Posted - May 30 2012 :  8:08:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love how you said that, Lesley - "I think it also identifies for me on how I take a quiet moment to send my prayers to God, and how God takes a quiet moment to send his prayers back to me. I like that picture, it helps me see how special I am to God." That IS a lovely picture, indeed! :) Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  06:52:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bless the Lord oh my soul and forget not all his benefits!

CMF
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5520 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5520 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  4:20:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kristina

You are all in my prayers and I hope everything goes well with your sister in law and her kidney. I hope the girls are healing alright with their horse accidents. I hope you are doing ok also.

Hi Nini,
I never thought of God praying back to me, I really makes since how it would work stronger that way. I have prayed to God for assistance on things but never thought of it quite that way. Thanks a lot.

Blessing to you all
Have a good evening
hugs
darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2012 :  7:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kristina our 4-Her's had the district horseshow yesterday and a 7 year old boy broke his collarbone. His sister also fell during her ride and was ran over but ok.If you are done with that rain send it our way we could sure use it!lol
Go to Top of Page

Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2012 :  3:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Girls I need prayer please. I have a sore throat, wheezing lungs and just don't feel good at all. So many things to do and I just want to go to bed.

Don't know where I picked it up, but it is nasty. My chest is starting to hurt and my neck is achy.
I know God will heal me, please keep the healing prayers coming.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Netty

going to bed now.
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  06:10:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Netty - prayers for you and your health.

Lea - thanks for sharing, just sad to hear about horse injuries.

Nini - thanks for sharing new perspectives on things. It makes me think a bit more.

I did post a photo of my "retreat" (glampled up easy-up) on the Outpost forum if you want to see it. It really was a retreat. I hope to put it back up after the rain stops and dries up.

We are also talking about using the front porch as a glamped up "tent" during rainy days.

I'm spending more time writing these days, and I have no idea how I am able to focus on it right now (not just journaling, but writing short novel ideas). The retreat area will come in handy for provoking thoughts. The heaviness inside the house is too heavy.

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2012 :  06:21:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some good news:
My son's watch was stolen at the gym back in May. We called the gym and asked for the video tapes to be reviewed.

Sure enough they caught the man on tape! The sheriff met with my son at the gym this morning, and there will not be charges applied if they adult returns the watch. Otherwise, charges will be applied. This was a 40 some year-old man, most likely a parent to a student to the school. I could understand a teen, but an adult? Crazy.

Anyway, we are glad they caught him on the tape.

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  3:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the prayers, I tell you what, I have not had a sore throat like that for many many years. Still not feeling the best, the darn stuff is hanging on. I'm ok for awhile then I need to sit and rest for a little while. What a pain.

Funny thing is no one else caught this stuff, makes you wonder!

Take care

Netty
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2012 :  3:43:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a person who has had bronchitis numerous times and pneumonia twice I can relate. Just listen well to what your body needs right now and I will send prayers up that it gets better soon. At least having to rest you could take some time to read or work on a small craft project. I always try and find a bright side when i feel so terrible.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  07:26:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope everyone is well this Sunday. I spent "home church" in my tent this morning. SO peaceful and quiet (even with road traffic noise).

I'm really thinking on Psalm 5 today. How when I am in a situation where strife (or wickedness) is present that I have to remember that it is NOT of God's work.

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  07:52:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Ladies!
I haven't been on the forums for several months?! Have had a lot going on, as it sounds like others have had as well.
Nini-the scripture that says'He will give you the desires of your heart' .Had a teaching once that explained He Puts the desires in our hearts. I think that is somewhat similar to what you shared? As we pray I think He of course listens but also guides us in His will and towards the goals and desires He has for us within His will.

Hope I am making sense? Sometimes I have a hard time explaining what I'm trying to express! Lol!

Hope everyone is having a good day !

Blessings,
Linda

Edited by - prayin granny on Jun 10 2012 07:54:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

ModernishHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Colorado
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  5:45:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Graduated on Friday and still no job. I do have three interviews this week though and am moving into the second round on a fourth position. Unfortunately two of these four jobs are paraprofessional positions and only part-time . . . but hopefully it puts me near the top of the list for any librarian positions that open up. Please pray these interviews go well and I get offered at least one of the full-time jobs.

***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***
I'm just a 20-something girl making a home for me (and my dog) and waiting for the family to fill it!

---

modernishhomemaker.blogspot.com
---
outdooramy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  05:20:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amy hang in there!Praying for you.
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  05:57:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Praying for a job opening Amy. Hugs.

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7044 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7044 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  07:42:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm praying for you, too, Amy! It will be very exciting to see what God has in store for you! :)

Girls - I need two prayers, please.

First - the last eye injection I had last month went terribly awry. Long story short, I'm getting better, but I am honestly not so sure I want to go with #3. After doing some research and after my last two experiences (#2 being horrendous), my DH and I are not so sure I should have the third injection done next week, and I'm leaning toward just not going through with it. It's not making a hill of beans difference in my eyesight (vision lost by the stroke is still lost - no difference), and I feel like each time I've gone, all they have done is seriously wounded my eye. Please pray that God gives me His wisdom and direction in this matter?

Second, my blood pressure is still really off. The medicine is working, but almost TOO well. I've had crazy bubbling and palpatations in my chest for the past week, and my blood pressure went down to 87/53 and stayed there almost consistently for two days over the weekend. I'm going to see my PCP today, and I really pray she will change my medication. I don't want her to send me to the hospital again over this - they always seem to like to send me in for a lot of expensive tests only to tell me they were unnecessary precautions, that I'm fine, and then send me whopping bills that I can't keep up with anymore. I just want the Lord to heal me (don't we all, though, really?), but please pray that the doctor does what is best for me and that she will figure out how to get my blood pressure under control. I hate to say this, really, I know it will sound crazy, but this is really concerning me, to the point that it may take my life. I'm just not ready - I'm only 46! :)

Thanks so much - I'm sorry to burden you all with this stuff again. I don't mean to sound whiney or whimpy. I really do appreciate your prayers, though! The Lord knows best - His will be done!

Love,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  7:59:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nini I pray God gives the dr wisdom to correctly diagnos and treat and no unnecessary test given just to get money.That your sight be restored and the eye strengthened and that you have peace. That your body be healed that you may be able to continue to do what God has called y ou to do.You have ministered to so many on here myself included. I dont consider you wimpy or whiny but a strong sister in the Lord. God bless you.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7044 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7044 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  09:53:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lea, that is probably one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me. God bless you, sister. Thank you for your prayers and kindness. Love you!

My doctor said that I need to stay focused on the fact that up until now all my tests and bloodwork have come back good, but that doesn't mean they've covered everything. She's sending me for more bloodwork and I have to schedule an appointment with a cardiologist. She thinks he may do a study on my heart, and that it could be just one day, or for up to a month. I don't remember everything she said because I started to get really upset while she was talking. All I could think about was my Dad's heart health (or major lack thereof) from the time he was a young man (although a lot of his was probably self-induced), and I started to get choked up. I asked her outright if my heart was dying. She saw how upset I was and came right over, hugged me and held my hand and told me that we should never jump to conclusions like that. She understands my concerns, especially given my father's history and my history with NS, but all my tests and bloodwork have come back in my favor, so I should stay strong in that knowledge. She never told me my heart wasn't dying, though. That kind of freaked me out, but I'm trying very hard not to read too much into it. For now, it's back to logging my blood pressure and pulse/heart rate for the next month, and I'm supposed to call her if the top number goes lower than 90. >sigh< I'm okay emotionally, really, but it's so frustrating. I have left a message with the cardiologist and hope to have an appointment scheduled soon.

Now to call the eye doctor... Yuck.

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  2:58:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nini my prayers are with you. The important thing is to try and find something positive to focus on so you don't stress yourself out. I have been recently diagnosed with heart disease and am pre-diabetic, lets just say i ended up totally freaked out. At 48 I was not prepared for this. I finally realized that
God has a plan and he will make sure I get the right help and information to get me through this. I just take one day at a time and do my best to follow doctors orders. I am now also going to a natureopath/nutritionist to help me find ways to adjust my diet. I really have to monitor my salt and sugar intake soo have gone completely organic and cook from scratch.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  3:06:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trying to type on my phone is frustrating....wanted to say that maybe i am learning all this now while there is still time to make changes. In some ways I am more at peace with it now because i have accepted that only God knows when my time has come and i must make the most of life today, let God handle tomorrow.

Lesley
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  7:00:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nini, Doctors never come out and say anything they can get out of saying due to insurance concerns. That's the reason they always say that medicine is an inexact science. Since they never want to come out and really say anything that can be held against them the schedule tests. Tests that half the time do not amount to anything other than a pay day for those doing the tests. That way they can always say that they covered all the bases.
As it says in
3Jn 1:2 Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, just as it is well with your soul.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  7:03:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And Lesley I hit the wrong button before I got a chance to tell you that always remember that Jesus healed them all. I am praying for your peace and good health.
And ladies
1Pe 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that, free from sins, we might live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.
Be healed and whole by the power of the loving sacrifice of our Lord and Savior, Jesus.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2012 :  5:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!
Nini, I will pray for your health! I hope that your cardiologist appointment goes well!
Lesley, I also pary for your health! Having health problems is never easy, but God has a plan and He will make sure we're taken care of.
May God bless all you lovely ladies during the summer months!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 88 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page