ModernishHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Colorado
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  12:52:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adding all of these to my list. Keep us updated.

Personal update - had two interviews last week and think they both went pretty well. I've had encouraging signs from at least one of them. They said they'd be in touch this coming week. Praying it's a yes and if so, praying I can find a place to move into soon (I have to be out of my current place by no later than June 28th, and of course would want a day or two to clean with an empty house if at all possible) and manage to move on the savings I have set aside.

Dad is doing well on chemo so far, he demolished a steak when my parents and I went out to dinner after graduation last week. Keep him in your prayers though.

Peace.

***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***
I'm just a 20-something girl making a home for me (and my dog) and waiting for the family to fill it!

---

modernishhomemaker.blogspot.com
---
outdooramy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  3:06:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Ladies!
Thought I would come on over and say hello.
Much has been going on. Ladies each of you will be in my prayers for certain.

Continuing health issues are never ever fun......I am in similar situations as well.

God is still in control and He has us in the palm of His Hand!! Sometimes for me....it helps to just picture His loving arms!!

Even tho I can't get on the forums as often as I would like? You ladies always bless and inspire me!
Thank you all.....

Blessings,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2012 :  3:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For any of you in continuing or chronic health issues? Can I reccomend Rest Ministries website. It is a daily blessing! Girlfriends in God is a great site that blesses as well!

Hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7044 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7044 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2012 :  8:58:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi girls!

Beginning this Thursday evening the Catholic Church in America is going to start a fortnight prayer vigil for the protection of religious freedom in our country. It is not a political event, it is simply a time where we all bow our heads and pray for God's blessing and protection. ALL faithful are welcome and encouraged to join this special event! My understanding is that this will not be a celebration of the Mass, but rather simply a time for prayer, worship, and seeking His face.

"Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven." Matthew 18:19

Again, this event will begin this coming Thursday, June 21st at 7:30 PM EST and continue every night at all the Churches throughout the country for the next two weeks through the 4th of July. It would be so wonderful for all of our hearts to be praying together!

"...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

Please keep in mind you don't have to be in a Church or place of worship or even from a particular denomination to participate, and you can pray at home, in the car, at band practice - wherever! If you would like to join the special services, however, you can contact your local Diocese or Catholic Church to receive more information. If your denomination or place of worship is not participating in this event, or if you cannot make it out of the house or to a place of worship, you can also watch the first night of service on EWTN Catholic Television at the same time, if you like. You can visit www.EWTN.com for more information.

I hope that you will join all of us sisters and brothers of faith across America in this most important and meaningful time of prayer. What a glorious time it will be! Just imagine the joy in God's heart as He sees all of His beloved children praying together and trusting in Him!

May God bless us - every one!

Love to you all,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Edited by - Ninibini on Jun 17 2012 9:00:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7044 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7044 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  09:40:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi girls!

Amy, I'm so glad to hear your Dad's appetite is up - that's such great news! Please keep us posted about the job situation!! I'm praying for great things for you!! :)

Thank you girls for your kind thoughts and prayers. STILL waiting on the cardiologist to return my call - I have called twice and left messages with the appointment receptionist. A good friend gave me a referral for another cardiologist in our area who has been seen by a few of her family members, so if I don't hear back today, I'll call my PCP to clear this referral with her and then call him instead.

Eye doctor appointment is tomorrow. They moved up my appointment so they can do the tests that they usually reserve for AFTER the third injection, just to see if there is any progress, and then I can decide right there whether to do the third injection. To be honest, I've noticed my eyesight in that eye worsening rather than improving, so I doubt there is going to be any positive feed back. We'll see.

New things happening - my grandnephew and grandniece may be coming to live with us very soon. It's a long, sordid story, but their parents are in deep trouble, and will be unable to care for them for a long time. Their aunt on their dad's side has them for the time being, but we are slated to be their guardians... it's just a process that takes time. Please pray for all four of them. This is SUCH a painful situation.

My son and his friend were accosted by a mentally challenged person on their way to our home from my son's buddy's home the other night. Long story short, the kids bolted to safety at a neighbor's home and called us. We called 911 and the police were involved. They let him go, even though they knew he was on medication (he was probably on drugs, to be honest, and drunk - the neighbors have since come forward with all sorts of scarey stories about this guy), they "knew" him, so they let him go. No frisking him, no putting him in a cell overnight to sleep it off - they just let him walk the streets on a Saturday night - and there are a lot of kids out there at night in the summer! I don't want to get into the entire story, but if you would please pray for our town, the children and all of the residents, actually, I would really appreciate it. Crime is escalating in our area, and now we feel that we should start fixing up our home and prepare for a move. I know it's going to take a long time for this to happen, but with God's help, it will happen!

Thanks so much - blessings to you all!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5522 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5522 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  10:52:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Heavenly Father,
Please be with Nini and her family in all that is going on with them, Help Nini get the right cardiologist to help her and her eyes to improve so that she can deal with what else is going on in her and her family's life.
Please help them to have the strength that they will need to care for their grand nephew and neice, and help them to be able with the transition that will be going on in their lives also and help them to be not afraid with it and know they are loved by these blessed people. Also help this family in their neighborhood and keep them all safe.
Thank you Lord we ask in your precious name....Amen.

Have a good day Nini
love
Darlene

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  11:22:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My prayers are with you and i hope all the adjustments for the kids go well.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  2:05:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nini, I am just checking in to see how things are. My daughter and 1 granddaughter are here as Nikki continues to recouperate from her surgery. So far, things are good. There is not one thing I can tell you about what trials you are going through that you don't know. I know that you know that God uses adversity to strengthen us in the faith and become even more stable than before. The important thing that I can say is that I and others as you can see, will bolster your petitions with our own prayer. Stay steadfast!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  2:48:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nini,
I also will be keeping you and your family in my prayers. As you well know God is always by your side.

Netty
Go to Top of Page

ModernishHomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Amy
Colorado
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  6:15:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More praises! I was offered a job today in the mountains (which I love!) . . . new prayer is to find housing within the week and to have the money to afford the move.

Dad still doing good - will see him this weekend when he helps me with moving.

***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***---***
I'm just a 20-something girl making a home for me (and my dog) and waiting for the family to fill it!

---

modernishhomemaker.blogspot.com
---
outdooramy.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2550 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2550 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  7:32:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nini.. I am a young (in my spiritual journey) Christian, but I want to let you know that I will be praying for your sweet blessed heart.
Also, Christian Farmgals.. PLEASE pray for babymamam's baby boy. He has a scan tomorrow to determine if the spots in his lungs are gone. This baby boy has been such a little warrior! Here is a link to the most recent part of their journey. http://www.trenchesofmommyhood.blogspot.com/ Please take time to read her recent posts. Such a strong faithed, unwavering mama. Elizabeth!! We love you, your sweet boy, and your whole family!!!
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  7:53:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news Amy, glad to hear you received a job offer. Hope you find the perfect housing spot for your new venture in life. Keeping you and your Dad in my prayers.

Lisa, will keep the family in my prayers.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  9:18:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all!
Nini, I will continue to pray for your health. I really hope everything works out with the new cardiologist. And I will pray for your town. My town is similar, it's a little scary to walk around at night around here!
Lisa, I will keep the little baby boy and his family in my prayers.
Amy, praise God for your new job! That's wonderful news!
Claudia, I'm happy that Nikki is recovering well. I pray that everything continues to go well.
God be with everyone!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  6:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nini I too am praying. Amy Congrats!!! I am so happy for you!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5522 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5522 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  6:38:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Amy
Congratulations on your job, where in the mountains are you goimg to move to? It is really beautiful up there, I lived in Colorado for 27 years and now I live here in Northwestern CA. It is green her most all the time. I love Colorado but I don't like snow.
Anyway good luck on your new job and move.
Nini I hope your eye test went well today and it is just a little glitch that takes longer to clear up, I hope you get a call from your Cardiologist soon,
Lisa you are on my prayer list as well as everyone else and babymamam and her baby boy. God is with them.. Claudia, Nicki and you all are in my prayers I am glad she is recuperating well.
hugs

Life begins each morning...Each morning is the open door to a new world-new vistas, new aims, new tryings.

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2550 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2550 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  8:07:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Babymama's little boys scans came back CLEAN!!!!!! Next step is a stem cell transplant. So good to have some blessed news!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  06:03:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Lisa for that update. God is good!

CMF
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

5522 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
5522 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  7:56:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Praise the Lord for that great news!

By, Leigh Hodges
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  9:32:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!
Lisa, that is great news! Praise God for the wonderful news!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6055 Posts

Shirley Jean (Jeannie)
Florida
USA
6055 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  11:59:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello to all the Christian farmgirls here who have become such good friends with each other! Nini, I will pray for you and your family. I will pray for strengthening of your eyes and your heart. So often the fear we face when our health is weak is almost as bad as the problem itself. I will pray God's peace on you.

Weeks ago I asked for your prayer as hubby and I took care of four children while my daughter and hubby were in France. The two weeks went well. The only one that got sick was me (much better than having one of the children sick) and I am doing better now. Hubby was a rock and really stepped in and helped me when I was not doing well. Thank you all for your prayers.

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7044 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7044 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  1:36:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lisa - I am SO, so happy to hear Jacob's wonderful news! Sending up another prayer right now for his total recovery!!!

Oh, girls - thank you SO much for your kind thoughts and prayers! I'm going to be fine, really. Just thinking about all that little Jacob and his family are going through, it makes me realize just how blessed I am, and how loving and good God is! That's good enough for me! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  06:25:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeannie glad it went well and you are better.
Go to Top of Page

Sugar Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Pamela Jean
Sugarloaf Ca
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  1:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dusky Beauty

I hate posting two posts in a row, but my Q & A stuff is so different from my testimony post that it is deserving of a separate post ID.

Bibles: Like others have said, there as SO many versions. I use a women's study bible NIV because it has lots of little side stories and facts nestled in there that are useful for a fuller understanding of what is going on in a passage. That's just my main one I like. There's all kinds of different study bibles... teen bibles, men's bibles, historical study bibles ... the added information is just meant to help you understand better what is already there.

I recommend plain language translations like New King James or New Century Version. "The Message Bible" is fun for cross reference. It elaborates and colors a passage with more words to help give you the full picture of what a verse is trying to say, but it is confusing as a stand alone bible.
Example:
Jeremiah 29:11-13
New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

The Message
"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. 12"When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. 13-14"When you come looking for me, you'll find me. "Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed." God's Decree. "I'll turn things around for you. I'll bring you back from all the countries into which I drove you"—God's Decree—"bring you home to the place from which I sent you off into exile. You can count on it.

It's longer, but it breaks down the verse and re-tells it in a big impact kind of way. Again, I recommend it for cross referencing only, it's very flowery and elaborates on an english translation.

Your main source of scripture should always be a translation that comes directly from the original greek manuscripts. Re-translation from the original sources is what has kept the bible pure for thousands of years, and that legacy needs to be protected.

You can read a good explanation of bible types here: http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Bible/BibleType.htm

A catholic bible is the same, but with "bonus" religious books in the back. They were added during the reformation to provide more support in catholic beliefs. I have never read them (should though, just haven't gotten around to it.) I can't vouch as to what they are about or what they add.

Avoid the LDS bible that they give away on TV, it's heavily edited to not conflict with The Book of Mormon. (Some people might say there's some kind of an agenda there...)

I also recommend a piece of fiction by CS Lewis, "The Great Divorce." It's not about married people. You can find it on Amazon for less than 6$.

Faith Healing:
I am suspicious of faith healers. It is one thing to pray for someone to get well and place the worry for the matter in God's hands and hope they do get well. (And people often do just that, and many do get well.)
It's another thing to say that a person can only be healed by a faith healer, and that you're disobeying or disrespecting God by seeing doctors or taking medicine or undergoing treatment. Obviously God had a part in those treatments developing! For goodness sake, allow him to use those methods to answer your prayers!
I'm even more upset by someone who runs a "faith healing ministry" and solicits heavy donations- usually on TV. That's a clear cut con.

Faith healing is something that persists because when Christianity was just getting started in Rome, Paul and other Church leaders had heavy help from The Holy Spirit and did a whole lot of faith healing. That was a pagan culture of people crying out for something different and real. Miracles got attention.
Today miracles happen all of the time and no one ever takes great notice. Real Faith Healing is a lot less common now, but then if it's real and it happened to you or through you, you wouldn't brag on it.

It would be limited to: "WOW! see this amazing thing God did right in front of me!!!"
Not: "I do this. I'm special because I can do it."

Unitarians:
"Unitarians adhere to strict monotheism, and maintain that Jesus was a great man and a prophet of God, perhaps even a supernatural being, but not God himself.[23] They believe Jesus did not claim to be God, and that his teachings did not suggest the existence of a triune God. Unitarians believe in the moral authority, but not necessarily the divinity of Jesus. Their theology is thus opposed to the trinitarian theology of other Christian denominations." -wikipedia

Basically, Unitarians are not part of the Christian club because they deny what the Bible says Jesus is.
They like the ideas behind Christianity, but they don't like the idea of Jesus being God (the reasons for that is up to each individual.) They seem to believe that reason and science cannot coexist with that concept of Jesus, so they got rid of it.

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated." ~Gandhi
http://silvermoonfarm.blogspot.com/
"After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.” ~Will Rogers

The LDS bible is not Edited, it is Retranslated is some areas...Some might say you have an agenda by say there is an agenda. God bless.

Pam

Stand for What's Right!

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  05:21:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could I ask for healing prayers?

I should be in bed or on the sofa with my foot up, but you know how it goes - laundry, cheese making, garden, chickens, etc etc.

Dh, ds and myself, spent about 6 hours weeding and tilling and harvesting the garden yesterday (and we still didn't finish it). I spent the night nursing my right foot. I can't remember what the doctor called it last year, but it's that muscle that causes great pain in the heal with you walk. I also caused my sciatic nerve to act up. Between the two, I am a goner this summer if I don't let it rest. My kids are not "on the boat" with helping in the garden either (just ds). Just a lot of stuff going on here.

I plan to write some bible verses down to keep by my bedside (for many things), but could use extra prayers for the kids to help out and for quick healing.

Updates: The hospital is still dragging their feet on the kidney transplant, regarding dh and his sister. Mom is putting off her heart surgery (not sure why), we still don't have a buyer for the buckling. We had one inquiry, but nothing after that. He's not handling the heat well either. We put a box fan in the barn and it seems to help.

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 88 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page