knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  5:22:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Linda, I can only imagine what your town is going through. One of my parents' friends was abused by a clergyman, and when all of the abuse that had been going on came out in the news, it was devastating to our city. Prayers and support to your town.
Amy, I'm sending prayers for your entire family, and hugs to your grandmother. It sounds like she has a good family to support her through this time.
Lesley, I'm praying for the health of your father in law and your husband.
If I could request prayers for my Nana, she is going through a difficult time right now. She's had health problems for a while, but now she is having excrutiating pain problems, and the doctors are unable to figure out why there's pain or where it's coming from. Even if the diagnosis is bad, she just wants to find out what's wrong with her. Ultimately, I'd love it if she had a fixable problem, but even if it's not, we just want to know what's wrong with her. Any prayers would be appreciated.
Amy, I'm going to take your lead and remember the good things going on: on my other side of my family, my aunt and uncle found out they're expecting a girl, my first cousin on my mom's side!, school started this week, and I'm excited for the upcoming school year. It's been raining more, which is desperately needed!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  6:46:30 PM  Show Profile
Lesley
My prayers are going up for your FIL for the fight he is doing against lung cancer and for your DH to have strength to be there for his dad as he fights this horrible disease. My prayers go out to you as well to strength to be there for them through out all of this.
take care
love
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2012 :  5:15:01 PM  Show Profile
Amy prayers going up for you right now.

God please be with all my farmgirl friends, you know their needs. Hold each and every one of them in your arms so they know they are never alone.

Please ladies I could use some prayer, I go back to work Tuesday, work at a school. The environment is not a good one for me and I am hopefully to be done 2 years max, but with some luck maybe it could be this year or less. Need strength to get through the days and wisdom with our money and maybe ways of making extra on the side. I do sell my crochet potholders and knit dishcloths and eggs which helps a little.
Thanks
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2012 :  08:54:15 AM  Show Profile
Amy, prayers going up.

Sorry I have not checked in on this lately. I'm canning, dehydrating, and freezing every single day right now. :)

Has anyone heard from Nini? I hope she is doing okay.

CJ, is your trip this weekend? Prayers for you and Robin to have a grand time!

I'm working on planing a fun movie date night at home for hubby and I, and then a Salsa party for the family (to try all the salsa recipes I have canned).

Have a Blessed Day!

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2012 :  9:16:07 PM  Show Profile
Here's an update. My FIL has stage II/III lung cancer. They cannot operate to remove the tumor. He meets with the oncologist next week to discuss treatment. They gave him a 20% 5 year survival rate. My husband is devastated, he is at a loss of knowing what to do. It makes it hard living so far away. Please keep my husband in your prayers as he struggles with this new reality. We are now hoping the job in Fort Worth comes through so that he can be with his Dad.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2012 :  07:52:47 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,
Good morning!
I'm hoping to get more caught up on everyone's news. At a quick glance, everyone is going thru so much!

My thoughts and prayers are with each of you, please know that!
Times like these I hold on tightly to my favorite scripture Romans 8:28.
It has held me up more times than I can count!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2012 :  10:39:26 AM  Show Profile
Although I cannot go into details about my daughter that moved out, please know that it's not over (the struggles, decisions, family warfare as I call it etc).

Thank you for your prayers. We are trying to keep the routine normal here, but extended family is causing much strife with this.

We try not to re-hash it, and pick up and move on.

Today, I struggle with it. I could not get sleep last night, even though I felt I was done with all of it. I am trying to keep my faith.

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2012 :  05:52:01 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. It will be in the 60s today and suppose to rain. Fall is becoming to make its way!

Lesley, Megan and Amy- my heart goes out to you both with your family health problems .
You and your families will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Rae- prayers for you. Work and our surroundings there can be such a challenge at times
Vanessa- welcome!
Kristina- continued prayers for you and your family!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  06:03:56 AM  Show Profile
Could you pray for hubby? He's working what they call "turn around" now. He will be working 12-14 hour days - all in a row. He left yesterday at 6:30am and got home around 1am, only to leave again at 6:30am today (working until midnight).

I miss him, but I know he's doing it for us. Public school costs are horrible this year, among other expenses.

It feels so strange for him to be gone so much.

As for my daughter, she was to return one of our cars by tonight. Due to the situation, we decided not to continue to pay her car insurance and asked for the car back (found out my brother's secretly got her one possibly - another bad situation). I'm not sure if it will get returned yet. There are so many lies involved. I pray daily, but my extended family is conspired to make dh and I look bad in all of this. I feel like it's the sign of the times already, but will keep my faith. Please continue to pray for dh and I. With technology (e-mails and cells) we can only prevent so much from influencing our other children at home.

It's rainy and cool here today. It makes me want to make a soup of some sort. I may even take my Bible to the porch this morning. There has been so much heaviness here for such a long time.

Thanks again for your prayers. They mean so much to us.

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2012 :  07:45:36 AM  Show Profile
Kristina
My continued prayers for your family, your daughter and your husbands job.

Vanessa isn't it wonderful to know Jesus, I sure couldn't do it without Him.

Thanks to a brand new day!

hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13567 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13567 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  9:21:58 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
GOD IS:
-the shepherd who guides; Jehovah-raah
-the Lord who provides; Jehovah-jireh
-the voice who brings peace in the storm; Jehovah-shalom
-the physician who heals the sick; Jehovah-raphe
-the banner that guides the soldier; Jehovah-nissi

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  03:49:43 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies!

My thoughts and prayers are with each of you this am.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  04:30:24 AM  Show Profile
Good moring, Linda! My you are up early today!!! And good morning to all of you, sisters, too! You have all been in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all is well. It's going to take me a while to catch up to speed!

Oh, CJ! I just love the Names of God! YEARS ago, I used to watch Marilyn Hickey on a regular basis (learned SO much from her back then!), and she did a wonderful study on the Eight Redemptive Names of God. I loved it so much, I bought the teaching tapes! I wonder where I put them... I'll have to look.

We should all remember, too:

Jehovah Tsidkenu - the Lord Our Righteousness;
Jehovah Shammah - the Lord Who is Everywhere (Omnipresent)
Jehovah Sabaoth - the Lord Our Protector, the Lord of Hosts!
Jehovah Makkeh - the Lord Who Smites or the Lord Who Molds Me
Jehovah Mekoddishkem - the Lord who Sanctifies You

And remember the El names, too!

El Shaddai - the Lord Almighty (Love that song, "El Shaddai" by Amy Grant - I sing it all the time!)
El Elyon - The Most High God
El Olam - The Everlasting God
Elohim - God

And, of course, Adonai - Lord and Master; and Yaweh - Lord, Jehovah.

These names are beautiful reminders of the facets of who God is to us! They fill my heart with joy! Now I'm going to be singing them and praising Him all day! Thank you so much, CJ!!! We should do a Bible study on the Names of God!!!

Love and blessings to all -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  06:12:54 AM  Show Profile
Oh Nini! Lol! I woke up at 3:30 and never could get back to sleep! Oh well?

I love the names of God also and love Amy Grants song so much!

Hope everyone has a great day and glad to see you back Nini!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13567 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13567 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  08:06:03 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I had done a study on the names some time ago . . what a blessing!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  10:56:49 AM  Show Profile
Hello all! Prayers going up for all of you!!

Been awhile, back to work so busy. Past weekend my back went out so home yesterday and today, hoping to go back tomorrow. Is better but a ways to go. Went to Dr. first thing yesterday morning for some muscle relaxants and they are helping. Last time was about 4 years ago that this happened so guess I should not complain, could always be worse.

Even though I don't get on here I do pray for all my farmgirl friends.
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2012 :  12:15:07 PM  Show Profile
Ooooh! Rae! You poor thing! That's awful! Sending up prayers for you right now, sister!

You know, CJ, I want to say that now that you mention it, I did know you did a Bible study on the Names of God... I'm going to have to look it up this weekend when I have more time... It couldn't hurt to start another, though, if you want to! I'd love that! :)

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  04:45:39 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! I havent been on here for awhile. Just finished watching Daystar-Joni Lambs round table. Her guest was Marilyn Hickey and I come on here and see Nini talking about her! If you do a study again on the names of God count me in! I have El Shaddai on my ipod and love to listen to it when I am on the treadmill (once a year lol).Time to wake up the kids before they are late for school. Have a blessed day and remember- You are a daughter of God!!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  4:25:33 PM  Show Profile
Those are wonderful names for God, Thanks for putting them all up. I love El Shaddai by Amy Grant also.

hugs
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

erowease
True Blue Farmgirl

294 Posts

Lesley
Edmonds wa
USA
294 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  8:54:28 PM  Show Profile
Just a quick update and thanks for your prayers. We just got the news today that my FIL's lung cancer is isolated to the one tumor and is not in the lymph nodes. Its starting to look like he will have a pretty good chance of getting through this. Just waiting to hear if it will be surgery or just radiation. Oncologist expects a full recovery so we are very thankful today.

Lesley
"I see God in the eyes of every child...every life is precious to God, whatever the circumstances." Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  9:31:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh that is good news! I will keep sending up prayers for your FIL and for you all.
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2012 :  9:42:05 PM  Show Profile
That is WONDERFUL news, Lesley! I will keep praying him right through!!! Give him a little hand squeeze for me! Keep us posted!!!

Lea - that IS funny! You know, I learned so much from her when I was young. I haven't watched her as much over the years, but occasionally catch her show. I just love her positive attitude! :)

Happy Friday!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  09:07:15 AM  Show Profile
I'm trying to stay busy to keep my mind from focusing on "worry" around here these days.

I'm trying to focus on God and not problems....sigh...

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  12:09:56 PM  Show Profile
Beth Moore did a book called Praying God's Word......reading some of the recent posts above made me think of it. And Ann Spangler has a devotional journal called Praying the Names of God....very nice. I may be repeating here what someone else has said, if so, sorry!

Kristina, focusing on God and not on fear is one of my struggles too. But as time goes by, I have looked back and noticed that deciding to think on God and Godly things during the most awful times does help me get through, not necessarily making it easy, but easier. And it strengthens my relationship with HIM. Praying for you.

Farmgirl #31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Sep 21 2012 12:11:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2012 :  10:11:37 PM  Show Profile
My prayers are going up for all of you CJ, Linda, Shirley Jean, Kristina, Nini, Lesley, Lea, and Rae. God is with us all and is waiting for us to follow Him through thick or thin....
Blessings
love
darlene

by Frances Farmer
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page