True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  08:51:32 AM  Show Profile
Lesley,
I am so sorry. I will be praying for everyone.
May God bless you and you be a blessing to your
family during this difficult time.

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

"Longin' to be farmin'.."
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  9:05:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lesley,
I am so sorry, I am praying for you and your husband as you go through all the services in the next 2 days. God is watching over you both and will be there to comfort you too.
Blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2013 :  06:37:08 AM  Show Profile
Lesley,
I am very sorry for your loss. Will be adding prayers.

My Life: http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/
Recycle Ideas: http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2013 :  2:00:53 PM  Show Profile
Lesley, sorry for your loss. It's never easy.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

http://www.grannysbirds.blogspot.com/

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  01:49:52 AM  Show Profile
Leslie,I am sorry for the loss of your Mother in Love. How are you and your husband doing?
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  08:15:36 AM  Show Profile
My deepest sympathies to you and your family....such a hard loss. Keeping you in my prayers!!

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  12:16:37 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Lesley,
So sorry for your loss. I hope it is a comfort to you to know your sisters are still praying for the hurt to go away and the healing to start.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  1:59:39 PM  Show Profile
Hello, been a very long time since I have been here but Gods peace and strength to you all.

Will try to get caught up & keep up better on here but prayin for all my farm girl friends.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 04 2013 :  7:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Rae, Welcome back.

Lesley, these are for you. Hope they help.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  08:19:45 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Are the flowers real? We just are getting rid of our snow, still a little in woods! At least the storm last week missed us. Sorry just exciting seeing things growing

Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  08:30:00 AM  Show Profile
Leslie I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family through this difficult time.
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  1:29:59 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Yes, Rae,
Those are real and in my yard. I moved to a mobile home last October and the previous owner had planted everything under the sun. I have orange, tangerine and apple trees plus 24 rose bushes. Lucky me.
Terri
Hemet CA
# 4720

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  2:29:10 PM  Show Profile
I would say you are lucky with all that is growing, how wonderful when they start to give you fruit. That rose is pretty. I have one rose and usually it gives me 1 or 2 roses but this year it has had 2 bloom already and has 4 more buds on it I am pleased. My hawthorn tree is starting to blossom too they are a pretty pink.
Spring is here.
hugs
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - May 05 2013 :  2:31:34 PM  Show Profile
Lesley how are you doing? I hope you are doing ok.
blessings and prayers still going for you.
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  10:21:32 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Sorry about your mother in law. Prayers for your loss.

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  06:17:24 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful roses, Terri! I was so thrilled to walk the dog outside this morning and find a few blooming on my vines, too! So pretty!

So, girls, it's been a while. How is the Lord inspiring and guiding you all today?

Love and hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - May 23 2013 :  11:50:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nini, so nice to see you. Oh my goodness.The Lord guides me every day. Just knowing that He never changes even though the world does. I'm not sure I could face each day right now. So much is happening in the world. And he inspires me to always rely on Him and not be overwhelmed. i look at the sun rising in the morning and see what a gift that is to us. Every single day it is different.wow. He could have made them all the same but He gives us a new one every morning.He must loves us bunches!!
quote:
Originally posted by Ninibini

Beautiful roses, Terri! I was so thrilled to walk the dog outside this morning and find a few blooming on my vines, too! So pretty!

So, girls, it's been a while. How is the Lord inspiring and guiding you all today?

Love and hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 25 2013 :  07:04:28 AM  Show Profile
Amen, Angie! AMEN!! It's so good to see you, too! You're so right - isn't it wonderful how He makes each day new and exciting!? There is even so much depth of beauty and meaning in the mundane. God is great - He really does just love us so much!

Does He ever just take your breath away by revealing things to you in a new light - His light?! He takes my breath away every day! I love when things suddenly come together or make sense because He makes me see things in a new light or a new way!

Have any of you watched any good programs or read any good books lately that you'd like to share? Recently I watched a wonderful interview of Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle. She is a Catholic Mom who helps show us how to get through even the most difficult days with prayer and grace. Even unbelievers would be touched by her insights. I'm still not sure which book I'm going to start with, but she is DEFINITELY on my reading list this summer!

Isn't it just so hard to be a Mom or caregiver sometimes? Lately, I've had a few days where the term "unsuccessful" doesn't even BEGIN to cover how I feel about my efforts. My son is sixteen, so I suppose it's somewhat normal for me to feel this way. Teens can be a challenge, after all, and Moms are only human! I get frustrated, I lose my mind sometimes. The stress of the struggle can almost be unbearable some days. It's probably not as bad as all that, but when it comes to you and your kid, you want everything to be perfect - you want a good relationship, you want him to listen to you, you want him to trust you, you want him to love you and respect you, you want to protect him, you want to give him wings and see him fly... (Hmph... I guess that's also how God wants things to be with us, huh? Every day must be like this for Him a gagillion fold!) But God spoke to my heart last week in a very special way. One day my son and I were riding in the car and he pulled out a Rush of Fools CD that I gave him a few years ago. He turned on the song, "Undo" and it took all the energy I had not to burst into tears. It has been one of my favorite songs for a long time, because it really touches the heart of someone who has come to the realization that he just can't do it without Him. I think my son put it on to remind himself of his need for God, but God ended up sending me a loving little reminder through it as well. The stanza is what gets me the most:

Turn me around, pick me up, undo what I've become
Bring me back to the place of forgiveness and grace
I need You, need Your help, I can't do this myself
You're the only one who can undo what I've become

Sometimes at the end of the day, don't we all just need to be reminded that He is our God and Father who loves us and can really turn us and our lives around? And He never gives up on us. Sometimes I get so upset with myself for not being the person I think He would want me to be or for not handling things the way He would. Yet, He's always there, always pulling for us, always loving us. What a joy and comfort to be so loved - AND to know He loves my son this way, too!

God also gave me a special gift of grace this week. My son has been, well, a TEENAGER these past couple of months, and it was starting to feel like I'd never see him - the young man I know him to be - again. I've been praying so much because, well, I think you'll all agree: there just comes a time when you can't do anything BUT pray to God about things (Great place to be, by the way - it totally renews your faith!). Suddenly the other night, out of the blue, my son started talking. And talking. And TALKING. I sat breathless, praising and thanking God for what was happening, and asking Him to give me wisdom and the understanding and the words and the patience and the self-control to be quiet and listen instead of opining. My son poured his heart out about all these things that he had been heavily pondering and praying about. I had no idea he had all these things on his mind! No wonder he has been such a stranger - his brain has been working overtime worrying and thinking and planning and praying! The words just flowed from his heart, and I could see the pressure leave him. It was almost like watching air being released from a balloon. He talked to me until after 1:30 AM!!! I was so grateful. We both needed this, but he especially needed to get it all off his chest. How could I have been so clueless as to what was going on inside him? Ugh! Well, since then, things around here have been so different - so much better. I am so grateful to God for this, I can't tell you. I know things won't remain peaceful forever, but at least now I have a much better understanding of what he is going through and thinking. It will help me tremendously to be a better Mother, that's for sure. God really does love us so much. He really does want to heal families and relationships. He really does want joy, peace and harmony for us. I just love Him so much. He's wonderful.

Hugs,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on May 25 2013 07:07:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - May 25 2013 :  9:26:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nini
That was beautiful, I am so glad your son and you had a heart to heart with God in the middle. How wonderful was that. He does make things so beautiful in our lives it is sad that not everyone can see that all the time. You are very fortunate that he loves the Lord and wants to follow him even if he has trials that teenagers go through and all that is going on now days with everything. He has you to help him through all those things and that is wonderful for you both. God is really helping him along as well.
You have so much faith and it just lifts my spirits to know you.
You take care and God bless you all.
Thank you.
love
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - May 26 2013 :  08:17:28 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Darlene! I love how you put that: a heart to heart with God in the middle! That's a perfect description!!!

Yes, we are blessed, truly. I am very, very grateful. The teen years are so hard for kids, and in a lot of ways even harder for parents. I find great comfort in knowing he talks with the Lord about things. I really do believe God speaks to my heart about things that I don't even realize are happening, too. It can be very hard - even painful! - to be out of the loop, but knowing that the Lord is with him and helping him even when I cannot, and knowing that He alerts my soul when I am totally clueless, gives me great peace of mind. When the Lord speaks to my heart and I feel unsettled and I just can't put my finger on what is wrong, I pray. And pray and pray and pray and pray some more. Eventually our son comes to us - or cracks under pressure (LOL!). (I can't believe his stubborn nature about just talking with us about things (Hmmm... where on EARTH would that have come from?!). We've always had that open door, we've always talked about everything. When he started withdrawing and leaving us out, it hurt, but even more than that, it worried the heck out of us. We had fostered so many teens over the years, and thought we'd be prepared for times like this, but MAN is it hard sometimes. I'm just very, very grateful that he talked with me about things. I think he feels so much better. He is definitely a lot more light-hearted and happier, thank God. Even though he has lost some big privileges as consequences to his actions, and even though he doesn't like it one bit, we're sticking to our guns, we've explained why and he is accepting our decision. He understands. He really, really doesn't like it, but he does understand. Most important, he respects us, even though we are totally on the opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to agreement. We've told him that he hasn't done anything worse that we probably would've done as teenagers ourselves. It's part of life, but as his parents we have to keep him on the narrow path, which means adjusting his course, even if it makes him uncomfortable. It's a very tough time for a kid to be a teenager. They get bombarded with negative influences in just about every aspect of their lives. Thankfully he offers us hope that he realizes we have some modicum of wisdom, and that he trusts us. I know a lot of parents who feel that they are completely wandering through the wilderness where their teens are concerned. It is not a pleasant place to be at all. I truly, truly, truly believe prayer and keeping focused on the Lord makes all the difference in the world. It feels sometimes like the teen-bomb is going to drop at any minute, so it is a very good thing for parents to keep wearing that spiritual full armor of God, even when everything seems to be going well. There is none greater than Him. None greater.

You know I adore you, too, Darlene. You're always an inspiration to me. Emails, letters, posts... You are one of the most loving, thoughtful farmgirls out there, and I am truly blessed to be able to call you my friend. You always make me smile, and it's always a joy to "see" you. I thank our Father for you, every day! May He bless you in every way!

Hugs and love,

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - May 26 2013 :  10:17:27 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for that Nini!
You know what, I have worked for the school systems for over 12 years and have seen a lot with the kids and what they go through and so many are left to their own because the parents either don't care or can't handle their children and a lot have been on medication for being ADHD and get hooked on other drugs because of this type thing and it is a vicious cycle and here in California it just keep getting worse, because of all that is going down hill like such as for the boy scouts and other on going hassles that shouldn't even be out there. It hurts my heart to see all this going on and our children, our futures are being taught everything that is ugly that can be. They really need to go back to some of the ways taught in the 1950's with out paddlings but some kinds of discipline that makes everyone respect each other. Respect is gone and the teacher's hands are tied and the parents aren't strong enough mentally to direct their children the right direction and the drug problems in the homes do not help, the only children I really see growing with a possible good chance of a good future are the homeschooled kids who are taught with God in their lives and taught manners and how not to bully. They are also taught "old fashioned classes such as home Economics where they can cook, sew, and farm. The school I am working at now is working on the bullying problem but it is just started and it will take a while to work.
I keep praying that the children will get a chance to right the wrongs that have been going on. There are so many kids with mental health problems now days that you used to call "Hyper" and now the easiest thing is to medicate them and make them lose any sense that they may have to be creative. Some need it but not all! It is too easy to medicate. There are some smart children out there that do not need it, the parents and teachers can't deal with that kind of a child, because they are too involved with them selves.

I want to thank you Nini for caring about your son and sticking with it as a parent and bless you!
Thanks for letting me vent.

You are a breath of fresh air to me and God has blessed you richly. Thank you again.
love
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  8:20:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies!I missed you.What a joy to come back to Nini and Darlene talking teenagers.Gods timingis perfect.Our girl turns 18 in Sept.and reminds us of it constantly.She can tell you how many days it is lol.Our son will be a freshman and she a senior.This is flying by.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  03:04:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi Lea! How've you been? I've missed you, too!!! It's so hard with teens sometimes. They sure know how to throw those curve balls and WOW nobody warned us about our cute little babies growing up to have big attitudes! Ouch! I have moments when I'm so conflicted - part of me wants to rage, part of me wants to run, and part of me wants to laugh because I'm sure I was no easier to live with at his age. I'm trying really hard lately to stop and count to ten inside, take deep breaths and to pray through it rather than react. It is NOT an easy thing to do. Sometimes I wonder if my child and I will ever get along again; but then the Lord gives me miraculous little glimpses of the light at the other end of this tunnel in time, and my mind is eased and my heart is gladdened. It's all good - we'll be okay. It really does fly by, though. It seems like just yesterday he was in his bouncy seat smiling up at me as if I was the sun, the moon and the stars. Now I'm the person who gets the rolling eyes, the sighs and the long, drawn out, groaned title of, "Mo-o-om!" I miss being the most special person in his world. I suppose it's time, though. He needs room to grow and become the man he is meant to be. And I supposed this growing space between us is only natural. An even greater room in his heart must be prepared for another even more important someone special yet to come. She will be everything to him - even greater than the sun, the moon and the stars! That's the way it should be. I really do look forward to that day. I pray for my son and my future daughter-in-law all the time - for their marriage, for their life together and for their family! I just pray he grows out of this moody grumpiness. I tell him all the time, "You're never going to get a girlfriend THAT way!" LOL! (I know - I'm so bad! And I wonder why I'm called, "Mo-o-om!")

May God pour out His blessings upon you today, girls - and always!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Jun 05 2013 03:57:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  05:32:05 AM  Show Profile
Nini~ Thank you for sharing with us! There is nothing better a Mom a can do for her children than pray for them. There is so much out there bombarding them, be they teenagers or grown adults with children of their own. I continually pray that God will help them to choose the right things in this life that they would bring honor and glory to him.
It's such a privilege to be a mom/grandmom and to be an influence on them for God.
hugs!

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 05 2013 05:33:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  10:01:56 PM  Show Profile
You are so right Denise! Kids have so much worse to deal with now days than we did and it was bad then. It is scarey out there right now and I would like to see some things change. My daughter has 2 little ones and I pray they will be safe out there, you just never know now days.
I pray about that all the time and for my daughter and her husband that they raise them in a good way. Prayer works and thank God he is always with me no matter what.
I really miss being the special person in my children's lives, so much. Those were wonderful years and they go entirely tooo tooo fast.
Enjoy them all bad or good and be with them throughout it all and make sure they know you love them no matter what.
love and blessings
darlene

Have a safe travel trip in the morning Denise, I will praying for a safe trip and good weather for you.
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page