jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  7:09:16 PM  Show Profile
That is great news, Penny. We all know you are a wonderful person and give all you got into everything you do. Congratulations!!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  7:14:20 PM  Show Profile
That is wonderful news Penny!! So happy for you. thank you for the list and I PROMISE not to lose this one.
hugs, glenda

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  7:15:54 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I am piece-mealing my posting this time...please be patient with me.

Glenda, thanks for your support in Across The Fence...kinda got in over my head there! So glad everyone is more settled. I think the caretaker idea is genius. So glad Bunny could help you out.

Darlys, don't ya just hate when you have to wait again for the part for your car! Glad you are back in business with the sewing machine, although I guess you won't even get to test it for a while with GS there!!

Holly, your life is very filled with feathered friends right now! I think you explained my problem with birthday wishes so well. I never just want to send off just a quick card ... Thanks for getting my thoughts straight for me!

And Bunny, thank you so much for admitting you only get a few good hours a day... ME, TOO! And that is the first time I have admitted it. I do all my major stuff in the morning and put lunch off as long as I can. Once lunch is done, I pretty much am too. I have the best husband. He is so supportive and Ihave often wondered what would have become of me without him... I understand you worries about working. AND you determination. You will do what you have to do. You have made that clear. You have my deepest respect. And a huge thank you for your wishes for Mollie. And of course, my dear daughter.
marianne
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  9:22:48 PM  Show Profile
Marianne and Bunny, I am in the same boat but it isn't FIBRO, it is AGE lol. I don't have those sore pressure points Bunny. I think I have old Mr. Arthur Itis.
About the birthdays, its supposed to be fun, not pressure--if you get to it, fine, if not, fine, it all averages out, and we are a happy fun loving group and no one is sensitive about who gets what--that's another good thing about being over 50, isn't it? I have a boat load of catching up to do but I figure it just stretches the celebrating out a little more. That darn muse will show back up one of these days and I will get with it. I still have Holly's FGOTM gift sitting on my desk where it has been waiting for um....how long? couple of months at least. And I never got Nancy's dottee doll finished either. My daughter used to outgrow the dresses I was sewing for her before I ever got them finished. I think there are still some unfinished ones in the bottom of the sewing basket. She's 46 years old now. Yes, sistas, I hear you snickering.
Girls we are headed for Disney Orlando next week. No promises but I am going to try to keep up with it on my blog and not on here for the ones who don't wish to go traveling with us but want to check in with each other. If this works, I will try to take all you gals with me to Maine next month. We will see how it goes. I do not have the talent that Darlys has with her magic pen, or Holly who researched everything and laid out such a wonderful trip. But I will try.
Marianne you did fine on that other thread. Its working ok now.

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2012 :  11:28:04 PM  Show Profile
I don't mean to mislead anyone. I don't have fibromyalgia.My problemis the pain/fatigue due to pain from my back. I just can't stand too long, nor can I sit too long and lying down isn't comfortable after a bit. So, I bounce about a bit all day except for the morning which is when I feel the best ... after a slow start.

Nancy, I hope you are tolerating the drops for your eyes ok. I bet you are looking forward to having the first procedure behind you. I will be thinking of you on Thursday.

Tomorrow, my dd's boyfriend has an important interview. Prayers, please. The kids need to get their feet under them...

Last night we had unbelievable T storms for this area. Dh and I had been outside in the evening and I mentioned that the sky looked like the sky used to when we lived in KS and there was a big storm brewing. We were REALLY surprised when a really big storm developed here. It isn't unheard of to have significant thunder/lightning here in the Inland NW, but this storm had everyone talking today. And we had standing water this morning. Sure wish we could have sent some south to everyone who so desperately needs it. It was very nice to have, but we aren't desperate.

On to sweet Mollie! She is recuperating so nicely that I have all my hopes up that it was just a urinary tract infection. Thursday is her last antibiotic and we will take a look at her urine then. It is so nice to not face losing her right now. Thank you all for mentioning her so often. It gave me such comfort. I know I can be so silly about these crazy animals, but they are always here for me, ya know? And they need me ... I need to be needed.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of my mother's death. It has been seven years since I lost her and it was almost eight months before that when we lost my dad. I always say my mother took the first "exit" she saw after dad died. They were never meant to be apart. Unfortunately, they left my sister as trustee of their Living Trust and so far, she hasn't sold their home or any of their land. Which has been frustrating. Especially when my husband was out of work for nine months. Oh, don't get me started.

And call me dense ... Glenda, are you actually going to FL and ME or are you taking a virtual trip? Oh, and I know Mr. Itis. Arthur and I are on a first name basis we have known each other so long!!

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  04:36:21 AM  Show Profile
Nancy I have my first badges too - I printed them out on printable muslin and am embroidering them. I have my 1977 camper that I go on 'glampout's with so I am displaying them on my bulletin board in there. I posted a pic of my camper the other day - well I got it back yesterday from being painted - oh my! I am so excited! DH and I are going camping tomorrow until Sunday. I will post a pic of "Billie' with her new paintjob!! Just wish the new baby moon hubcaps had arrived, but not due til Friday. Now I have to sell more things on eby to pay for the next round of improvements.
I got the Beginning crochet badge, also the Unprocessed Kitchen (I made MaryJanes Farmhouse Crackers with the Budget Mix), and the Shopping Green, and Green Energy, oh and Birds (Beg and Int), and farmhouse for my chicken coop.

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  04:45:18 AM  Show Profile

This is "billie" after her new paint job. Our friend did an amazing job on this beat up old camper. All new marker lights that I ordered from ebay, and he built new window screens from found material and replaced broken window panes from various old campers he has at his house. We did some bartering for some of it, but he is truly professional in his paint work. I am so pleased!!

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  05:14:05 AM  Show Profile
Bunny I love your bag. You are so good at getting just the right colors and fabrics. You can be so proud of yourself for producing such great things.

Thelma hope you are having fun and enjoying yourself. Let us know how things went for your trip, especially the zoo. How are all the animals doing? What all did you get to see. That is quite a wonderful zoo I hear.

Connie Sue, I am glad that you are a clothesline lover. I try to hang out clothes as often as possible. We get these crazy rain storms sometimes so I always have to see what the weather man is saying for the day. Where we live we cannot have anything like a clothesline showing from the street in front of the house. So thank goodness we have lots of big bushes next to the house so it cannot be seen. My neighbor sometimes uses it to hang wet towels when the kids go to the beach. I love the fresh smell after the clothes have hung in the sun.
Love your camper. Have lots of fun on your trip.

Nancy OO congratulations on getting your badges. I have mine sewn on a red apron that I purchased at the nearby thrift store. I have kept the emails that MJF sent so I can make new badges for other uses. I think there may be a better way to display them. I just sent in for a new badge this week.

Holly you are the best. We all love the things you send out and I like the way you keep all your birthday list handy. Mine is just sitting out in the sewing room which I continually work at decluttering. Where do I get all this stuff?? I guess I think I can do more than I can. haha You are such a busy lady and with teenagers yet. They do keep us on our toes.

Penny we are all so appreciative that you are doing the birthday list. I think you are doing really well reminding us of the upcoming dates. Congratulations on your promotions. You are so deserving.

We have been such a chatty bunch lately. I missed one day reading and have 3 pages to read. Wow! Aren't we just the best bunch? Taking the eye drops 4 times a day is a pain. I have made a little calendar to check off when I take them. That way I won't be forgetting if I took them or not.

Have a wonderful day.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

NancyOO
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Nancy
Sanderson Florida
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  05:29:44 AM  Show Profile
Wendnesday, it's all down hill from here. Good thing I checked my gray mail this morning. I had about 6 MJF e-mails in it.

Penny congrats on your job, getting full benefits is great.

Glenda I love how you disscrib knowing Mr. Arthur Itis. I know him to, in my back and I think starting in my neck now. but I am bound and detrimend not to let him get the best of me. Are you driving to Orlando? if you come I-10 to I-75 call me and would love to have lunch with you in Lake City. it is just a few miles from where I live. (double00@nefcom.net)

Marianne - I will be praying for your DD boyfriend and his job. My best bud's daughter is looking for a teaching job right now. I am also so glad to hear that Molly is doing so much better. Hubby and I refer to our furbabies as the kids now that the two legged kids are gone.

Connie - good for you on your badges. I am going to put in for few more. Billie looks beautiful. Have fun on you camping trip. Where do you get the printable muslin?

Lots to get done this morning so I better get out of my PJ's

Nancy OO
Double O Ranch
Farmgirl #4284

Edited by - NancyOO on Jul 18 2012 05:32:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  05:35:08 AM  Show Profile
Connie, that camper is wonderful!!!! I agree, your friend did an amazing job on it. Have fun camping, and hope you have great weather.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  07:14:46 AM  Show Profile
Penny-
I got my updated list in my email. Wonderful job, thank you sooo much for the hard work you put into it!! I too, somehow lost my prior one and was too embarrassed to ask again!!! I have saved this new one into my notes and favorites !

I've been reading thru the last couple days posts and have enjoyed getting caught up with everyones goings on!!!
My Internet IS my phone. Computer crashed awhile back. So I understand what others have said about trying to keep up and answer posts!

I am hit and miss on getting on the forums daily. But I want to say how very much I enjoy everyone's posts and news they share!

The next few days here in Wichita are going to be triple digits!!! 107 on Fri, pretty intense with our humidity here...yuk!
I'm really looking forward to fall, my favorite time of year!
I have recently began some easy and simple counted cross stitch patterns. Can only do a bit at a time tho with back probs. God bless these older, bone difficult bodies of ours!!! Lol!

Well ladies, I have some dishes waiting to be done.

Thank you all for blessing my morning!

Farmgirl bugs,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  08:27:24 AM  Show Profile
Marianne, you know that mischievious Darlys started the whole virtual trip thing. She went to Hawaii last year and started posting about all the antics (mostly blaming everything on me) that we farmgirls were up to, with the pool boys and all) and we had so much fun with it we decided to start a virtual trip, where we reported the actual hours we moved, walked, did laundry, all the mundane things in our daily lives, and Holly cooked up this virtual trip. If collectively we traveled, say 90 miles, holly would track that on the map and discuss where we were in the US and what we did. So it was a virtual trip. Back a few posts, someone, I think Holly, suggested if I was going to Maine I try to take the farmgirls along virtually, by posting every day or so about what was going on. I am actually going to Orlando next week with my daughter and her family, and then in Sept I am going on one of those cruises that takes you around the different harbors in Maine. The dates keep moving around but now the Maine trip is supposed to happen the first week in Sept and then I am to go to see my son and his family on the Big Island the first week in October. If you go back quite a few pages you will find Darlys' stories and see how it all started. Then Holly's is all there later, when you have time to go back probably around page 100 or so. Since there are a lot of us on this thread, and not everybody wants to do virtual trips we found out last time, I thought I would put it on my blog and those who want to participate can do so, but it won't clog up this thread for those who do not want to read so much. It sounds silly but it is a lot of fun, we get to use our imaginations and we keep hoping Darlys will part with her lemonaid recipe but so far she's keeping it a big secret.

Now I have a question - those of you getting badges--- where and how do you start that? Do you have to have one of the books, or what exactly do you do to apply for a badge? Where do you start? where are the instructions? Connie, Billie looks so great and you are having so much fun with it, it makes me reconsider this whole glamping thing. Do you hook it up to your car or pick-up, or what? Can you drive it yourself? or better yet, can you back the darn thing up? I only tried to back up a trailer once and I just could not make it work. People still laugh at me about that.

Yes, sisters, we all have our share of aching backs, body parts that don't cooperate, etc. but we just keep on truckin'. that's what makes us special--we aren't going to give up living because of these obstacles. Over 50 chicks rule!!
Speaking of which, I am off to the doctor. have a blessed day everybody.

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  08:41:37 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone

Wow lots going on since I was here last. DH and I had a wonderful day Saturday. It was a much needed break. The huckleberries are not ripe yet :( but the blackberies were. :) The mountain were a cool relief from all the heat. I got the pie cherries picked Friday and in the cooler, so I could can the an Sunday and Monday. I put up 14 quarts and 14 pints of pie filling. That should last us through pies, crisps (my favorite), and cheese cake. I didn't get to the blueberries. They should still be going strong next week.

Holly YeaH!! for Mrs. Guinea 15 chicks is wonderful.
Sorry Taliesin's team lost the game but playing well is what is all about.

Penny glad you stopped by. Awesome getting a compliment from the DM. We all new you were wonderful.

Ok I like to camping or glamping, but if I am traveling I really like to stay at B&Bs. They are leaps and bounds above a hotel.

Holly that is a cute pic of the guineas Thank you for sharing it with us. That stone truck really is a clever idea. Where do people come up with these things?
Glad Taliesin's team won their next game. keep us posted.

Marianne I will be praying for Molly. God has enough power to help people and pets. Some pets are more like family than the people are.
Your daughter is in my prayers along with my son and his wife. Jobs are hard to come by. Good jobs are even harder.

Holly I am sorry Talie's team lost. I hope he is not too dissapointed.

Penny could you add Jenny to the list and send a reminder? I am as bad as everyone else about forgetting. I would love to send her a card.

Thelma I am glad your GS is better. My oldest son could not take the heat when he was little, now it does not bother him at all.

Penny you are doing a wonderful job with the Birthday list. Some of us (ME) are having a bit of memory issues. Please keep the reminders coming. PLEASE!!!

Bunny I love the bags. You amaze me with your talent.

Glenda I will be praying for your brother on Thursday and everyday that ends in y. Thank you for letting us know how he is doing.

Thelma have a great time.

Connie Sue and Janet What is your recipe for homemade laundry soap? The coulpe I have tried are not that good. Thay just don't get things clean.

Penny fulltime with bennefits way to go you are soooo awesome!!

Glenda I hope it works. I have never been to Maine and would love to go even if it is a virtual trip!

Connie Sue Wow "Billie" Looks brand new. Have fun camping.

I think I am caught up. Just in time to be gone again. LOL We leave for our Family Reunion on Friday morning. Should be bacl Sunday evening.

I hope to jmp on tomorrow just to see how everyone is.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  09:13:16 AM  Show Profile
NancyOO sorry I missed you--we are flying to Orlando--would love to meet up sometime but this trip is being micromanaged by my daughter and I'm just going along

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  11:43:17 AM  Show Profile
On for a minute to say Good Morning!

Nancy, I'll call you in a little while. Yesterday got a bit crazy with, believe it or not, food and fabric. I was in heavy traffic with a sheriff next to me, and moving, when you called. Plus, I had Larry's car so no bluetooth speaker - (and it's illegal to talk on cell phone while driving unless it is bluetooth).

What are you doing at the County Fair, Thelma?

Congrats to the gals earning badges. Maybe someday I'll give it a go. Right now I think I'll just be a cheerleader.

Holly, you nailed it with your description of how word memory fails or flips! Last weekend DH picked up bananas and peaches in the produce section of the market -- and I said "that's all you want - just peaches and onions?" He started laughing and then I realized what I said. Then we were both giggling. I am also a list-maker to keep me somewhat on track. It feels good to cross stuff off. But! If I have a list on my iPhone notes, a list on my computer notes, a list on the little blackboard and on the calendar AND a list on a piece of paper (or, as is often the case on the back of an envelope) - I need to make a list of where my lists are! Then I, of course, will leave the house without any of them. And - I have FINALLY quit feeling guilty about not getting more than I can do into a birthday wish. A little tuck in of tea or VIA and a piece of candy is what I discovered I can actually manage - it will fit in the envelope and I can actually get it in the mail without putting "go to the post office" on my list!

Penny - you GO, girl! I am proud of you for all you have accomplished. You realize, I'm sure, that you are hot stuff to have gained not only praise but also promotions. Now getting this last promotion giving you full time work with benefits, vacation and all ... says you are sharp, dedicated, smart, and very, very WORTHY. Again, I'm proud of you.

Marianne ... ahhh, another back-buddy. I have "issues" (one of my favorite words) with my back, too. By the end of the day I usually feel nearly crippled. I know that I shouldn't bend over to lift something - we are supposed to "squat" and use our legs ... but then there is the knee "issue." Easy enough to get down - but how on earth do you get back up? Oh, and the neck "issue" - where did I leave my neck brace? I need that on the road as I doze off. Etc. etc. Wanna hear about my wrist? And my "sagging" eyelid (that insurance should cover to pull up.) Oh, we do have interesting lives, don't we? So much to discuss. Love it. Or, hate it. Depending.

So glad to hear Mollie seems to be doing so much better. I also know about needing to be needed. Hang in there, Mollie.

Connie, good looking glamper! I'm hearing Glenda about backing up. There must be a trick to it.

Linda - I "used to do" counted cross stitch. I have a number of kits somewhere in my craft/sewing/??? stuff. Hope Kansas cools down soon. Hot weather with no relief is so exhausting.

The Maui trip was fun - but Glenda was banned from the island after refusing to let go of the pool boy. He's still somewhere in Texas doing her bidding. There were others, who shall be nameless (unless you read back) who, not only had the energy of 2 year olds, but were v-e-r-y naughty and I had to do everything I could to control them. What was that about "exhausting!" Hello, Dianne. You know what you were doing! Glenda, Dianne wants to go cruising off Maine with you. Oh, what the crew is in for! I just rolled back to see when we were in Maui. The "scenic" part was scattered in the 120+ pages. The rowdier bits began surfacing late 120s early 130s. It all began with Glenda yelling "someone's in Maui and it ain't me!" Migosh - we have more than doubled our chatter since then -- and that was last November.

I hear shuffling upstairs. DS has gone to math class, DH is at work, that leaves my precious GS - who sorely needs a haircut and a shave.

So, off for now ladies (using that term loosely) and will check in as I can.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  12:19:12 PM  Show Profile
Glenda,
Go to the sisterhood forums and click onto merit badges. There are the different ones you can start on and instructions on what to do for each topic and level. Once you complete a level......fill out the merit badge application and send it in.
You will receive your 'badge'. You can transfer it onto cloth or purse etc. stitch it, embellish it, just have fun!
Many girls attach to a jacket or make a sash to show off their merit badges.
I have some I need to embroider/embellish! Along with my umpteen 'gotta get done' projects!! He he he!

Hope everyone is having a great afternoon!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  1:29:46 PM  Show Profile
Ok, Glenda, my feelings aren't too hurt that you don't remember I was along on the last virtual trip!! I just wasn't sure if you were actually traveling!! Have a great time, hope you have good weather and fun moods all the way around the family. Heat can make tempers short. I have been on family vacations to Florida before! I hope to do a St Lawrence seaway cruise within the next few years. Hubby and I did the Hawaiian Island cruise (Norwegian Cruise Line) about three years ago. It was wonderful.

Connie, Your camper looks very nice. Great workmanship and so clever of you to barter for the work. I sure hope you have a great time and don't worry about backing up. It's a breeze. Glenda just needed to give it another try and she would have mastered it in a minute.

Thelma, I hope your county fair is a big success. Are you entering anything? We usually have piglets at ours and we always have to go see them. Last year the heat was too much for the animals and most people rightly withdrew and forfeited ribbons for the animals comfort and safety.

Oh Linda, I don't envy you with the weather you have headed your way ...

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  4:02:38 PM  Show Profile
Mariannne I don't even remember what I had for lunch!! Seriously once you gals start on this thread, it very quickly seems like we are old pals who have known each other forever--that's one of the great things about it. I don't remember who started when. And I always give the long answer--another reward for being an old chick. (I meant me, not you). the short answer is I will be actually traveling and you will be virtually traveling with me. But often it is hard to know which is which. Usually there is a fight over who gets to ride with Darlys and her lemonade. Not to mention her pool boys. I know what you mean about the heat correlating with temper tantrums. I have pledged that I will just go with the flow no matter what. We will see. I bought the coolest thing today at Bed Bath and Beyond. It is a wrap that, when wet, turns cold and you place it over your neck and shoulders and it is supposed to keep you cool for hours. I may have to put it in my mouth. I'm thinking about other uses for it......hot flashes at night.....surely a woman invented this.

Linda thanks for the merit badge info--might be somethig else I start with enthusiasm and then fizzle out.

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
www.gypsyglenda.com

Edited by - doll58maker on Jul 18 2012 4:13:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  4:16:58 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies!
Just wanted to check in and say good evening.
Hope everyone had a good day. As we have chatted about our backs? Mine not doing soo good tonite and I'm laying down for rest of the nite. Have a physical in about 2 weeks and will have Dr order a new X-ray I guess.
Aaah the joys of getting older, lol!!
Enjoy your evening ladies! Hope all are doing well!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  4:31:09 PM  Show Profile
I hope you know I am just having fun with you Glenda. I, by the way, have the neatest pad that has some weird coolant in it that stays cool. You can lean against it, lay on it, sit on it, anything. God send. Again, as you said, invented by a woman.

Just got back from a trip to McDonald's to do some chocolate reconnaisance. DH's company would like to be the one to supply McD's with the chips for their chocolate-caramel frappe. NATURALLY, the product must be tried. Only my husband would come out of McD's with a single microsized chip in his hand so he can know what size they use. "Chocolate" is a fun business.

Once, when we lived in Orange County NY and my husband worked in Ardsley. Dh called midmorning to tell me he was leaving immediately for a "large chocolate company in Pennsylvania" which was having trouble producing on one of their chocolate lines. (Dh is an expert in chocolate.) I sighed and said, "All right, I'll pack a bag for you. How many days?" He said, "No time, I've got to go right now. I'll buy clothes down there for the next few days. The company will reimburse me." I kind of laughed and said, "You don't have time to swing by home?" He replied that indeed there was no time because it was an emergency. "A chocolate emergency?" I was sort of dubious. I mean, I know my husband is good at what he does. Is very well known in the US and some parts of europe and I am very proud of him, but I couldn't help reminding him, "Hon, you make chocolate." That was when he threw out some figure like it was $15,000 loss of revenue for each minute the line was down. "Oh, you should be on your way then..." Yep, we got reimbursed for his shirts and skivvies. Ah, chocolate adventures. My kids were very popular when it was bring your parent to school for career day.

BTW, I recommend the McDonald's frappe. It was very good.

Nancy, I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope you are not nervous and can get a good night's sleep.

And then, Kathy, your shoulder surgery is next week?

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  6:53:43 PM  Show Profile
Marianne, I love McDonald's mocha frappe. It is a treat when I have one of those. I only get 2 or 3 a year. We don't eat out that much, especially fast food, but will go there just for a frappe. Yummm!!!! Funny story about your hubby. He sure has an interesting job.
It was a bit cooler here today, but still humid and no rain yet. Our grass is turning brown and brittle. Will need to water tomorrow. My gardens are getting watered every day, I do not want to lose my crops.
Holly, love the little chicks (keets?)Too bad they grow so fast. They are so fluffy when they are small.
Sorry for not addressing all of you, just have a hard time keeping up sometimes.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

SisterSue
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Connie Sue
Fredericksburg TX
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  03:30:55 AM  Show Profile
I had never backed up a trailer before getting this one. I have been on 3 campouts (alone) with the ladies, and there are so many of them that drive horse trailers etc that they are happy to help with the backing. But I am finding if I just go slow it isn't a problem. I have a whole list (yes, I'm a list maker too!) of things to make sure I do: hitch safety, lights, chains etc. When DH and I together I still do all the driving, he will back it in to the spot, but I do all the levelling, unhooking and setup. He has a bad hip (13 years older than me) and harder for him to get on the ground and put the jacks under and all the other stuff. At 55 I am probably in the best shape I've ever been. Losing all the weight helped and I stay pretty active, so I'm doing all this camping as often as I can!!
We pull out today about 2pm or so after I lead my noon Weight Watchers meeting.
I love the merit badges, I have been printing them out on muslin as I earn them and embroidering them. I have a cork bulletin board in my camper and that is where I display them. I also collect patches from the various state parks we go to, and also the name tags that the ladies make from the camping get aways. so it is a nice nostalgic collection I have going in my camper. I started a Farmgirl Chapter of my own, so far just my sister and I in it - I called it Dirndls and Aprons (as my town of Fredericksburg is VERY German). If I ever get any other members I will get us together and start planning fun Farmgirl chapter meetings.

Farmgirl #4283
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  04:44:06 AM  Show Profile
Good morning!
Glenda-I know just what you mean about starting things, then fizzling out! I have many unfinished projects that I'm hoping to get back to!
Nancy-all our thoughts to you!
Marianne- what fun chocolate stories! Which is my favorite yummy food as well. Especially love dark, dark chocolate!
Janet- its been dry here and hot as well. Have an herb garden on my balcony and have to keep it pretty watered each day! My tomatoes aren't doing as well as the herbs with the heat this year.
Holly- keep meaning to ask you-----I want to get some honey that has not been heated.....do you know a good brand?
Connie- oh I'm jealous! Lol! Loved camping as a kid/young adult!! Would love an older trailer that could be cleaned up and glamped out! Aahh, maybe someday?!! You keep practicing and enjoying your campouts. I tried to back a trailer once, it's not too easy. I guess practice?

Well, back seems a tad better this am. Think today I will take it easy some and let it heal. Kept getting spasms, that's a new one for me??!!
What are you ladies up to today? Hope everyone is doing well this am
Thoughts and prayers for you that are dealing with health issues!

Check in later today....
Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

LNaturals
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Laurie
Fridley Minnesota
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  05:00:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone!
I just finished getting caught up with the posts.

Thelma, I'm glad your GS is doing better. I too get very sick from the heat! Our above temps are not helping me right now. (middle to upper 90* -100's*) Way to hot for me! I love the cool weather, can't wait:) Thelma, We are neighbors!! Sorry I didn't know you were coming up here to the zoo. Maybe next time. Fridley is a suburb on the north side of Minneapolis.
My oldest son & his family (2 of my GS, ages 2 & 6) live in FL, but because of the heat, I'm only able to see them in the cooler months. I'll be going down there in Nov. Can't wait to see them!

Marianne, I hope your Molly is ok. Glad to here the UTI is better. One of my "girls" (I have 5 rescue cats) is prone to UTI's.

Connie Sue & Janet, I too would like to have your recipe for laundry detergent. Like Diane, the ones I have made I really didn't care for so I keep looking for & trying new ones to try. I use the dryer (I don't hang my clothes out here, not fresh enough air). I put dried lavender in cotton sachet bags & throw them in the dryer. Works wonderful!

Sorry to ask this (newbie) but where can I get a list of the birthdays? Are they in one of the forums & I didn't see it?

My garden is not doing the best in this heat either. We need rain! My zucchini is flowering, but thats it. Usually I have so much that I can supply my neighbors & co-workers, but so far not even one! I'm really glad I'm a part of the CSA program this year so I have veggies!

Laurie Jean

Laurie Jean #4200
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  05:16:36 AM  Show Profile
Laurie where does your son live in Florida? I would love another get together with a Farmgirl Sister. BTW Penny has the list for the birthdays. Just email her and she will email it to you.

Marianne, what a cute story about your DH and the chocolate. He has a really neat job.

How is Mollie doing? Animals are so sad when they are not well.

Well, I will post tomorrow and let you all know how things went with the surgery.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page