buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  09:29:31 AM  Show Profile
Well, I'm trying to catch up. Here in our neck of the woods, Quest changed to CenturyLink, and our email accts did not transfer as they were supposed to. Soooo.... I have not received or been able to send anything since last Thursday. Of course with the holiday weekend, it made it worse. I am now able to send, & have received 1 email, so hopefully I will get all my back mail. PROGRESS! I know that it is nothing monumental compared to all the tragedies others are sharing....fires, floods, extreme heat, but I realized how much I like my computer when I want to use it. Judy (and all of you).. hope you are doing well and feeling better. We are to be in high 90's this week & next, however we have already had 2 frosts to the garden. Luckily, we have covered most of it up & have a green house. We are all fine.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

Beca
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Becky
Chino Valley Arizona
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  09:51:09 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning

I've missed a day (or two?) in here but I'm back. Ha..have some very good friends who are here visiting us for 2 weeks. They are retired and live in their 5th wheel. We have a rv pad/hook up site on our property that the original owners made so they just pull their 5th wheel around the yard and hook it up. So we are catching up,etc...

McKenzie is here for a little bit. Her Mom is on her back to pick her up. Didn't have to work today since she already has 40 hours into this week so her boss said go home. I may make us three girls some pancakes when she comes.

Going with friends to Sam's club today as they need to stock up on stuff and they don't remember where it is.

Hope you all had a nice holiday. Hi to the newbies...I'll check back later on.
Becky~
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  09:51:57 AM  Show Profile
It will be another hot one here in the desert and added to it is the smoke from three or four fires within 100 miles of us. I feel for these people that have to deal with all the fires and floods. It adds more to what people should have to bear so try not to fuss about my eyes burning and me sneezing. That's nothing compared to the people losing their homes and livelyhood. It was a good Labor Day weekend. I did nothing but stay home but it was fun practicing on my embroidery machine. I have a label now to go on my granddaughters quilt so I am learning something. I have all my granny square blocks that I need for the swap I'm on. There are 17 of us signed up so I have mine ready to send in to the gal sponsoring it on BYC. I need to get started finishing a quilt meant for my daughter in WA for Christmas. It's ready for layering and then quilting. I'll machine quilt it myself. My next quilt to start will be one I'll call "My trip to OK" It has all the fall colors that you see in OK, KS and MO in the fall. I bought the fabric in OK at the last college reunion at OK Wesleyan last year. I wanted fabric from every state we traveled through but couldn't get my hubby to stop in each state. The basic fabric has sunflowers on it and the next tall grasses and I added colors to go with them. It will be pretty when done. Well, I'm off to get busy and do what needs to be done. Watering the chickens and birds is a first then I guess laundry. By for now, have a great day.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  10:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I want to join the Birthday list.

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  4:32:39 PM  Show Profile
AGosh,I have been slow to write today and I cannot keep up with things. I am writing on the laptop and not used to it. I am not a computer person and this machine gets me so down right mad! Anyway, finally cooled off here and i

nto the 80's today. Also some rain yesterday.

Welcome Patty and Mary. So glad you are with us. We have a lot of fun here.

Thank you for telling me about the HeavenlRice. I have been eating that for years at pot luck dinners and lunches and didn't know what it was called. Now I know and know how to make it. I am going to make some and probably eat it all myself
cuddled
Glad you are all better Judy. Your little R's must have looked so cute all cuddled up like that. My granddaughter, Kelly, had the cutest rat. She used to carry him around everywhere. Even took him to the store with her and had a little carry bag for him.

CJ, take care, dear lady. Wish I could give you a great big hug.

Ginny, I know how hard it is to have you DH not able to get around. I hope all goes well for him. My husband had back surgery a few years ago and couldn't go any place for about a year. I had drive everywhere by myself and do all kinds of shopping and errands. We had no social life outside the house. All is well now and I make him do most of the driving.

I think I will make some of those pickled eggs and beets. They sound yummy, Patty. I first tasted them when I went up to MA with my husband to visit his family. His mother used to make them.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  4:36:51 PM  Show Profile
This machine is
something else! I have more to say but it decided to just do its thing and post for me. The nerve!!!!

I am hoping to read the book The Help before seeing the movie. I know it is wonderful. So many people have read it and praised it. I am reading two books right now and hoping to finish them this week.

Hugs,

Nancy

Farmgirl Sister #2301
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  7:21:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I just have to share this....now don't anyone go get mad at me....lol

A mature lady gets pulled over for speeding...

Older Woman: Is there a problem, Officer?

Traffic Cop: Yes ma'am, I'm afraid you were speeding.

Older Woman: Oh, I see.

Traffic Cop: Can I see your license please?

Older Woman: Well, I would give it to you but I don't have one.

Traffic Cop: Don't have one?

Older Woman: No. I lost it 4 years ago for drunk driving.

Traffic Cop: I see...Can I see your vehicle registration papers please.

Older Woman: I can't do that.

Traffic Cop: Why not?

Older Woman: I stole this car.

Traffic Cop: Stole it?

Older Woman: Yes, and I killed and hacked up the owner.

Traffic Cop: You what!?

Older Woman: His body parts are in plastic bags in the boot if you want to see

The traffic cop looks at the woman and slowly backs away to his car while calling for back up. Within minutes 5 police cars circle the car. A senior officer slowly approaches the car, clasping his half drawn gun.

Officer 2: Ma'am, could you step out of your vehicle please!

The woman steps out of her vehicle.

Older woman: Is there a problem sir?

Officer 2: My colleague here tells me that you have stolen this car and murdered the owner.

Older Woman: Murdered the owner? Are you serious?!

Officer 2: Yes, could you please open the boot of your car, please.

The woman opens the boot, revealing nothing but an empty boot.

Officer 2: Is this your car, ma'am?

Older Woman: Yes, here are the registration papers.

The traffic cop is quite stunned.

Officer 2: My colleague claims that you do not have a driving license.

The woman digs into her handbag and pulls out a clutch purse and hands it to the officer.

The officer examines the license quizzically.

Officer 2: Thank you ma'am, but I am puzzled, as I was told by my officer here that you didn't have a license, that you stole this car, and that you murdered and hacked up the owner!

Older Woman: Bet the lying b*****d told you I was speeding, too.

Don't Mess With Mature Ladies

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  12:29:19 AM  Show Profile
Funny Penny...yeah, you don't want to mess with us grey haired old ladies that's for sure!
How are you liking The Help so far?

OK...I completed the Birthday List and sent it on to you all who signed up to be on it.
You will notice we already missed one b-day farmgirl this month. I think we should all send
her a card anyway...not her fault it took awhile to compose this. If I got anything wrong
please let me know. I do make mistakes and I am human.

Nancy...my laptop has a mind of it's own too. It does the craziest things and just messes with
my mind!

Betty...your "Trip" quilt sounds beautiful. Can't wait to see it. Show us some pictures as you
progress along with it don't makes us wait until the very end. That is just plain torture.

Becky...sounds like you are having fun with your company! Nice that you have all the hook-up accomodations
for them too.
Claudia...we almost changed to Century Link...but backed out at the last minute. Hope you get everything
working correctly for you. So, frustrating I am sure.

Well, we have a Week Long Weather Alert for High Temperatures and Smoke from several fires. We are in the high 90's most of the week and down to the low 90's by the weekend. Like Betty we are suffering with breathing problems from the smoke...but hey, that is nothing compared to those who have lost so much already. Our prayers go out to you.

It has been a long hot day...I pulled some of my garden up today...in the heat like an insane woman.

Hubby and I went out to dinner for our Anniversary. It was nice! But the Yogurt to Go...after dinner was
the best!!!

Chat with you all tomorrow. It is right now 12:30 am and it is still 71 degrees outside.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

camiesmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Anne Jeannette
Stagecoach NV
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  12:32:28 AM  Show Profile  Send camiesmommy a Yahoo! Message
Morning ladies. Wide awake in a quite house. Seems like everytime I try to get involved with this forum, something comes up and it's days/weeks before I get back to it. Feeling a little valnerable today. Don't know if you heard about the shooting at the I-Hop in Carson City, NV. It never seems to amaze me how much hate there is in this world. You just never know what the day has in store for you when you you wake up.

My daughter is visiting from N.C. and we had planned on spending today and tomorrow shopping before she leaves on Friday. We were origionally going to shop in Carson City today and would have been right in the middle of all that violence. But, thank God we deciced last minute to go to Reno.

This forum has such a way of grounding me and putting things into perspective. Thanks for listening and have a wonderful day. And always tell your love ones "I love you" when you leave them!

A.J.

Work is love made visible. ~ Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  07:24:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, I am enjoying it alot...I'm up to chapter 7. Wishing I had time to read more today but got to get to the rest of my girlfriends present. Was going to make a cake but decided on a peach cobbler instead. I pray that the fires are put out soon. It makes it so hard on breathing. So glad you had a good anniversary dinner...we are having a cool down this week, it is only 61 right now, which is amazing after the 100+ days we have been having.

Hi Anne J. Nice to see ya, I did hear about the shooting, so sad. The world is getting worse and worse with so much hate everyday. God is good and watches over us, so glad you weren't there during that time. We are always here for you...come by anytime...

I need to get off my tush and start getting that cobbler done before we have to leave this afternoon, but think I'm going too sew just a bit..then get it done in a bit...procrastination is one of my down falls at time. but I did get my Fall Tag Book Swap finished last night. Now I need to get started on the Harvest Fall ATC Swap...this is my first time doing either things like this.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Beca
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Becky
Chino Valley Arizona
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  08:30:40 AM  Show Profile
Mornin'

I'm having a wonderful quiet, slow morning today. My daughter (and granddaughter) are driving to Bullhead City to pick up her husband. Friends will be going out to do an errand soon and the hubs is still sleeping. He is a night owl. Soo I am up all by myself and loving it :):) I am just waiting on my coffee to finish brewing now.

Our weather has cooled down finally!!!!!!! OMG it is so nice. Now to cool down some more and it'll be perfect (until winter comes)...hope the wildfires die down fast. I have had that experience and know how it affects everyone.

Ginny I totally understand about being stuck at home with your husband and dealing with toe/foot surgery. Dan had arthroscopic surgery on each knee separately and in between that he had surgery for a frozen joint on his right toe. First surgery was before Christmas and the last one was in March...recovery from the toe surgery was the worst.

My GF Gitte and I are going out to lunch/shopping today. It'll be fun.

Penny-how did the cobbler turn out? I am also a great procrastinator as well. OK...I am going for my coffee.
Have a good day everyone!

Becky

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  09:05:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Becky, just got it out of the oven...had to make two, one for the birthday girl and one for DH...he just tasted it and said it was the best he ever had...lol...so glad he enjoyed it...I got to go over to the porch and share some...have a great day out.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  09:51:15 AM  Show Profile
Mornin Gals! I'm sitting here sipping my Honey-Ginseng Green Tea and checking on anybody near Chatt.-Tennessee where it's so wet and flooded. Actually all of the south where Lee hit is so wet....I hope&Pray all our Farm-girls are ok. So many disasters right now.
It was 60 when I got up this morning and gray-gray-gray and breezy of course.... THAT's a given here in Ohio. hahaha
Well I need to go do something prosperous today while Hubby is mowing at his mom's farm....don't wanna get fired.*giggle* He had a root canal done this morning, so he'll be miserable when the novacaine wears off I'll bet. Poor feller! My Gr-Granny always used that expression. I can just hear her voice too! hahaha *sigh*
Later Gators!Speaking of gators(then I'm going, honest,hahaha)did you see on the news, the salt water croc they caught in the Phillapines(sp) that was 21 feet long and weighed over a ton. They think he ate one of their fishermen back in July. He had just eaten a water buffalo when they caught him. NOW....they are going to KEEP this THING and BUILD a wildlife park around him, he being the main attraction. Now I don't know about you ...but....if that thing ate my buddy(Bill)a couple months ago...and is still burping, mind you, wouldn't you feel bad every time you LOOKED at him??? And what do you feed him???...More fishermen???... bad children???Man, you'd have yer kids over a barrel at the dinner table...you could just say,"Straighten up, or yer gator-chow." Ya know? And FURTHERMORE...who's to say he won't get loose sometime and go looking for his own midnight snack. Here are 2 guys walking along and they look up and see 21 feet of gator. What could ya do(well, besides the obvious, and I'm sure I wouldn't have a clean pair of undies on me neither). I mean , I guess you could just push (John) out front and run faster. I mean the things not going to listen to reason. And if you ask God to help....the things probably just gonna pray before he chomps down on ya. Right? I mean, it's all gonna happen really fast! ...... NO, that THING would have to go....purses, handbags, jackets, soup, toenail&fang necklaces....he ain't gonna be no pet in the zoo....NO SIRRRREEEEE!!!!! He's a gonner!!!...and so am I....gotta get to work! hmmmm.....
P.S. and to think, we just worry about skeeters carring us away when we're out walking at night! hmmmmm...just a thought!
Have a good day Buds!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Beca
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Becky
Chino Valley Arizona
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  10:11:34 AM  Show Profile
Judy you are hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You had me laughing talking about this salt water croc,etc...and his burping,etc....thanks!

Becky
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  11:54:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi Patty and Ginny ... It is fantastic when someone new chimes in. We are chronologically gifted with the 3-Ws enabled - Wild, Witty & Wise - and our caring and sharing are always in high gear.

Patty, I tried to read all the posts when I first joined (in mid-July) and after a number of pages - I gave up and just charged forward. So glad I didn't wait until I caught up. We just jump in all over the place. But if you want to have some fun, back up from this point for a few pages. About a week or so ago, we were all coloring and playing with paperdolls and stuff and, basically, liberated our inner children. That was great! We will not give that up anytime soon.

Happy Belated Birthday, Ginny. Glad to meet you. Looks like we have the only 2 birthdays in September (so far). Sounds like you have had quite a year. Love that positive spin you put on it with your gardening -- and that "date" you had ... whataguy! Cute (I think). Hope your hubby gets that cast - he is probably chomping at the bit to get moving around, too.

PeggyAnn - Happy Anniversary! Belated. Sounds like you celebrate sort of like we do. We are heading into our 11th year come December 2. And, I - like you, can say -- 3rd time's the charm. Thank you for the Over 50 Birthday List.

Linda, (yarnmamma) please send PeggyAnn your info (name address & birthdate & age) for her "update list." If you have a birthday coming up - we sure do want to know about it.

I posted much of this on the Porch - but am copying it here. so you ladies on the Porch can skip over some of this post. But be aware - there will be a pop-quiz later :-).

My prayers are with you in fire areas. Even when you aren't in the path, the smoke and debris in the air can be miserable. Praying for your safety - and that of the animals and your homes. Our Yosemite fire up by El Portal has been contained and we are all very grateful.

Also, still in my prayers are those hit by Irene and -- though it sounded less severe -- Lee.

Say there, girlfriends, stay well, get well - glad you are better - take it easy. And, CJ, please know that prayers are with you, too.

Lovin' the "idea" of autumn approaching. The crunch of leaves underfoot and the spicy aromas floating through the air, crisp apples ready on the trees - and getting out the sweaters and blue jeans. It may be a few weeks until it is officially "autumn" but I'm ready. Still warm here though. It's supposed to get to 90 in Cupertino today.

I'm with you, ladies, who wear socks to bed in cold weather! When we remodeled our bathroom a few years back I had the heat thingy installed under the tile so as to keep the floor in there at about 82 degrees. An indulgence I'm really glad I afforded myself. (Hubby doesn't give a rip. He can stand having cold tootsies. Not me.)

Okay, okay -- I was going to get it anyhow. Everybody's talkin' 'bout it. My girlfriend thought she had a copy of 'The Help' to give me - but turned out she must have loaned it out and doesn't recall who she lent it to. So, I got on Amazon.com yesterday and ordered The Help, Sugar Queen (recommended by someone over in the Reading Room) - and Sugar Queen came recommended on Amazon with 2 other books as a trilogy. So, I spent almost $35 and got the "trilogy" and The Help - but, hey, no tax (yet) and free shipping. I do have a Kindle that I won in a drawing - but have only read one book on it. It just isn't the same as holding a book, turning paper pages, and using whatever I can find for a bookmark. Maybe I'll take the Kindle to Maui in November. That will keep the baggage weight down and maybe I can fit Penny in there :-). But then again, we always go to Barnes and Noble when we are there ... and on ... and on.

Ahh, topic of the week - Heavenly Rice. I remember that and haven't thought of it in forever. My mother used to make it - Rice, pineapple tidbits, cut up marschino cherries, a bit of (if she had it around) coconut, mini-marshmallows and (here's where a lot of recipies vary) ... Cool Whip. My mother loved Cool Whip. Some recipes call for condensed milk, some cream, but we had to have Cool Whip - or we didn't have it.

Nancy, I think you heard me cussing when I started using this laptop, too. It made me so MAD. I was ready to throw it across the room. I would lose everything before I could post (sure did teach me to "copy" for back up every little bit) ... and mid-sentence -suddenly, the thing would post itself! (That's when I discovered the "edit" key on the post screen.) I screeched and grouched --- and then --- DH, who said it was - me! and not the laptop --- actually fixed it. (I SAID it wasn't me!) I like using the mouse so he turned off the touch pad function and now I am (mostly) okay with it. I'm not having as much trouble -- but I still think it is imperfect. (In spite of my tantrum, I DO so much love that man!)

My grandson just called from Berkeley and asked if he could come and make cookies with me next week. We will be in Oakhurst this coming weekend, but not the one following. So, I'll pick Ryan up at CalTran next Thursday and he will spend two nights. Taking him back to Berkeley will be much easier on Saturday than driving Friday night.

Time to get off my tush and delight in domesticity.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  12:27:48 PM  Show Profile
Just realized I had missed most of page 64. So, just a couple more things.

Mary - Hey there and welcome. You are, decidedly, in the right place. We are practically sittin' in each other's laps here. Takes no more than a day or two to get to know us - and we sure do want to get to know you, too.

And A.J. I saw the "breaking news" about the IHop shooting. That was tragic! Last night it was all over the news here. I'm glad you and your daughter went to Reno instead of Carson City. That was "divine intervention." But, oh how awful for those who were there.

Patty - tell more about your homing pigeons. -- I don't know of anyone having them before. And, women in the sisterhood are really into aporns. I love them and have several - but I always forget to put one on -- and that's why I have food all over my clothes. Maybe THAT's why I'm always doing laundry.

Becky, hope you have a great time with your friends. We have an RV hookup up in Oakhurst, too. Makes it nice when someone visits in their campers or RVs - everyone has "space." And you can truly enjoy their company to boot.

Penny, funny! Again, one more example of how our gifts are put to good use as we mature. Don't mess with the old ladies or you may find out that "lady" is a term we use loosely!

Judy! I am practically rolling around on the floor laughing. I had heard about that croc - but your bit should be published in MJ's magazine! You could write the humor column and we'd all have to sit on the potty while reading it. My mother once laughed so hard - almost as hard as I just did - while sitting in a tree. Yep, you know what happened. Watered the thing. So, into the "reading room" while reading Ms. Judy's humor column!

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Sep 07 2011 12:39:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  2:18:33 PM  Show Profile
Judy...you are so funny. You crack me up! Great comic relief farmgirl!!!

OK...like any list you make, you no sooner get it posted and it needs updated. Ha Ha! There are changes to a couple of ladies info. I have already made two women older than they wanted to be. lol And added a new gal joining us. So...I will wait another day or two and then post an updated list for you all. Then I am closing it off and no one will be added for another year. Or I will be continually making changes. That is just how it will have to be.

Darlys...take your Kindle to Hawaii and start using it. It is fabulous! Trust me. I love to hold books and browse through covers too...that is why I hang out in bookstores so much. That is where I get ideas for new books I want to read also. So, you can have the best of both worlds with your Kindle. I do buy Amish books in paper back...because a lot of my friends want to read them and many in our Retirement Community can't afford to buy books...so we set up a small library here and I put those Amish Reads in there to share with others. ~ I'm with Penny, I think I want to be a little Gerble in your pocket and go to Hawaii with you. I have never been there. (Notice Judy...I did NOT say I wanted to be a little mouse or rat in her pocket).
Gerbles and Hamisters are cute. I can handle them as long as they don't escape confinement! LOL

A.J. and Ginny... so glad to have you two gals with us. The more the Merrier! The Crazier! The Funnier! It's all Good!

Peggy S... you need to come on more. We want to get to know all you Newbies. We all have a lot to share and to add to each other's lives.

Becky...isn't it nice to have quiet time? If you don't get it much...it is much needed!!! I get it all day long as DH still works. Sometimes it is too quiet here.

Ok, my chronic fatigue just hit...I'm off for a nap.

Hugs and smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  2:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Judy: ROFL, help me up sis! that was just to funny, but I'm with you 100%! Shoes,purses etc. that's the ONLY way to go with that thing!

Patty:We had homing pigeons years ago. loved to take them far away and watch them come home.That was back in Ohio. If it wasn't for the hawks here in the western NC mountains, I would be so tempted. Thought about having white pigeons, so we could offer them for weddings, but I could just see it now, little white banners in the sky, might as well read " Free Meal!" on their backs... so not happening..sigh..
We had quite a few pigeons, to many sometimes..did you know there's a lot of meat on a pigeon breast? We made pigeon noodles like you do chicken noodles, it was SO gooood. :) Now, don't gross out on me, we loved cow tongue too. just cook and peel that thing, cut it up in tiny pieces, add potatoes, carrots, onion,celery and garlic and it made the tastiest soup. :)

Still enjoying the cooler weather.66 right now and it's going on 6pm. no rain showed up on radar, but guess what? it's raining. wish you all could see my cabbage plants, brussels sprouts plants and cauliflower plants. after the over 3 inches of rain the other day, they grew and they look so healthy. got peas up 2 inches also. hubby bought me a 6x8 greenhouse and the lettuce, icicle radishes, turnips, kale and bunching onions came up in 4 days! saw deer tracks in the garden, so spread my dogs fur all around the garden, hoping to deter them from my peas. even shoved some fur down those awful mole holes. can't hurt, right?

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

Beca
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Becky
Chino Valley Arizona
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  3:37:53 PM  Show Profile
Back in for a few minutes....nice to hear you are back home Darlys!!

I just had to tell you ladies that I was at Hobby Lobby with my GF and I bought myself a coloring book :):) I cannot remember who loved this idea of coloring books for ourselves...but this book is made by Creative Masterpiece Collection. I got the color your own Flowers & Gardens book for a huge dollar amount of $2.99!!!! It also comes with 8 colored pencils-...hehehehehe...soo I am all set now.
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  4:16:09 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon, I am going to take a break here from painting shutters and making aprons. I have been sewing between washing the shutters, waiting for them to dry and painting the shutters and waiting for them to dry. I figure 3 more days to get the shutters done and about 3 more days to get all the aprons that are already cut out, sewn up. Leftovers for supper tonight. Who has time to cook today.

PeggyAnn...Happy Anniversary... and you have me about 10 years older than I am..lol.

Penny... The joke was too funny! I loved it. Cobbler sounds so good. I made one a few days ago called Jumbleberry cobbler. It was delicious. It has blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. It was even more delicious with cream poured over it. :)

Judy... I am so with you! I would not what to live near the zoo that houses that reptile. You had me rolling with your perspective on the situation.

Darlys.... It has not taken me long to sense the "wild, witty and wise" in this group. :) And I just came from a visit to California and visited several Borders Book stores going out of business. I ended up having to ship 2 boxes home. :) I went one day and bought several books, went to a different Borders the next day and bought one of the same books I bought the day before, not realizing I had already purchased a copy. I just figured that the good Lord wanted me to share that book, and I knew the perfect recipient. Always an excuse. :) We always laugh at my Aunt.. she brings books to put in our yard sales and then buys them back not realizing that it was hers in the first place.

Patsy... I also had homing pigeons when I lived in Ohio. I loved them and just recently let my dad talk me into some more. The few I have now are white and I will be doing a wedding in Oct. I love to watch them take off. But I so worry about them if they do not make it home before dark. The mother instinct I suppose.

Well, not much daylight left. I best get up and finish up. Have a great evening.

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  5:02:01 PM  Show Profile
Just a quick note --- must get on to making some sort of supper. Have too much fun on the forum and there goes the day! It's kind of hard to explain when hubby says "what was your day like?" and I say - "Well, I was online for hours with some of the most wonderful women in the world." He has taken to just smilin' and if he says anything at all - it's "farmgirl sisters, huh?"

Anyway, I must tell you all. Our Maui vacation is in early November this year. I can only say that it's a good thing there is a washer/dryer in the villa. I'll ony be able to bring a change of underwear! I think there are about four or five of you packed into our luggage now. Maui is nice and very relaxing - but, you know what, I'm always glad to get home.

Patty, I understand your aunt. I've done that. Last week I brought 'Blessings of Mossy Creek' to Oakhurst. It sure looked new and then, after a couple of pages, I realized that it had to be a duplicate because I had already read it. Darn. They shouldn't name those things so much alike. Now I have to remember who I was going to give that one to - and since I've already probably given my original copy to somebody - I also have to remember who not to give it to. I feel another list coming on. "Who I have given Which Book to."

See you all tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  5:17:06 PM  Show Profile
One more thing -- isn't there always?

PeggyAnn, I got an e-mail from our Alabama Peggy (S) whose youngest daughter had surgery Thursday. She wrote that they came home Friday then had to rush her back to hospital because of a hematoma. She had to go back in to surgery for 2 hrs. and had 3 units of blood - and - "We plan to go home today." I think she sent the e-mail on Sunday. She also said - "I will send PeggyAnn my birthday information."

Peggy (S) also works. She said that she has little candy shop making peanut and pecan brittle and old fashion tea cakes.

I know she logs on and reads what we are talking about but when there's so many other things going on - it's hard to chime in.

Peggy - if you are reading this...just throw out a "hey, I'm here." We all understand.

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2011 :  10:16:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Becky, cobbler turned out great, DH said best ever...so guess that's all I need to hear...lol...got to love that man, always patting me on the back. Hope you enjoyed your alone time...Isn't so fun to color...I wish I had remembered to look at them at Joann's bet they had some...That was a great deal I think, wish I could find one at that price...good going...

Judy, Judy, Judy, ok you really got to stop...now my side hurts and almost wet myself...was laughing so hard, DH said, "you going to let me in on the joke" so had to read your post to him...he laughed and laughed. Thanks for the great story...

Darlys, My Momma used to make something with fruit cocktail, mini marshmallows and cool whip, but never had it with rice in it. That's right don't mess with us...gray hair and all....lol/ I understand that smile, I get the same one from my DH too. Oh, I think I've lost a pound....by Nov...think I might be able to loose a good bit more if you can still squeeze me in...

Peggy, I don't know how in the world you can keep up with that list...It is great to have new people joining...glad to have them...but wow that means ALWAYS updating...thank you for all you do with that...we do appreciated it.

Patsy, I've never had pigeon but have eaten dove...DH says it is about the same...Never had tough either but know others who have and said it was really good. They sale it alot around here. I love the sound of your fall garden...it is just now getting cool enough for us to even think about one...I have always been fascinated by homing pigeons...

Patty, wow aren't you a busy beaver...painting and sewing...wow...keep it up.

I think I will go to bed now...well in a bit...never do I go right away...going to read a bit then to bed...see ya'll in the morning.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  04:25:10 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning.
I am still writing on the laptop. The monitor died on the other computor. We went out to get another monitor yesterday but it is not hooked up as yet. I will write more later today when it finally gets hooked up.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2011 :  04:32:38 AM  Show Profile
As you can see, this laptop is still ruling me. Judy, I will be laughing because you are so funny until then. LOl What humor!
Going now to start my slow cooker dinner.

Hugs,

Nancy
Farmagirl Sister #2301

Live everyday to the fullest
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page