LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  10:23:39 AM  Show Profile
Ginny...I love Andie Williams. His Christmas Specials on TV were the best. In fact I would love to find
a Christmas CD of his.

Debra...I was never a big fan of the "Rat Pack" but my parents were and they always watched Dean Martins Show, so yes...I have watched it too.

Nancy...I have gone to a show like you described (with my husband) and we both thought the other liked it...
so we kept watching and then wished we hadn't in the end. I have to say...that I am like you, I do not like a lot of cussing or violence in a movie or overtly sexual scenes...so I have walked out of many a show and gotten my money back. I have done this since I was 19 yrs. old. I just don't care to watch trashy shows. I want to go to a movie and be entertained for a couple of hours. Taken to another time and place and then leaving the Theater and being happy that I went. And I always...want a good ending. I don't care if it isn't reality...I live reality every day...so, just entertain me and make the ending good and keep the popcorn bucket full and I am one happy girl!

It is strange how Halloween has become such a huge Fall Market, just like Christmas. I like Halloween and every thing fun about it...but some people really go all out with it. There is a guy here in Vancouver who does this Huge Pirate Ship in his front lawn every year. It is really cool! My youngest son (who is 25) and I always drive by to see if he has put it up again. I like to go to various Pumpkin Farms this time of the
year. On our trip to the Oregon Coast there is a huge Farm called Baumens Farm and Garden...and it has three
enormous out-buildings just full of produce and eye-candy. It is beautiful! Usually we spend about $50.00 before we get out of there. But it is a highlight of our Coast Trip.

Well, I am still tired so I am off for a nap.
blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  11:02:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi All!!

Debra and Peggy, Love Andy Williams! Loved to watch the Christmas shows when I was a kid as well. Have always loved the Osmonds as well. Totally remember the Dean Martin show too. My son is a Huge rat pack fan!! Well, I love em too, lol!

Nancy, LOVE Calamity Jane, love most Doris Day stuff. Watched her old tv series 'Doris Day Show' thru netflix a couple yrs ago. Remember that one?

Kim, hope you are doing better, sciatia pain is NOT fun at all!!

Tryin to just do a bit of housework, aaargh, today. That is never real fun, yet always seems to be there waiting doesn't it?

It is a beautiful fall today here today. Cool air and sunshine, a perfect day!!

Has anyone ever made a rag rug? I am thinking of making a very small oblong shape one to put on the top of the toilet tank in the bathroom under a few candles. Might be an easy inexpensive way to try one first! Cute if it turns out the way it is suppose to, lol!

Well, back to the kitchen and get some dishes done.

Hope all are having a great weekend!

Blessings,
Linda

www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  12:07:26 PM  Show Profile
Hello again,
I am trying to get some work done here at the house but either the kitty is calling me to take a nap with her or the outside blue sky and birdies are being too much fun to watch. I just can't get motivated to work today. And if I don't ...I will feel very guilty. I have been slack all week. Oh well, the dust and the dirty kitchen floor will be there tomorrow.
I don't know how to make a rag rug but have a good story about one...here goes,

Husband was laid off work 2 years ago after 27 years of dedication to his Job (He was his job! He traveld nation wide and was hardly home)He was Devestated! Company was down sizing and eventually went out of business. He was in Sales and had a group of sales people that he saw over. Hubby was close with one of the salesmen(Larry). Larry was on his route from Tenn.when this all went down so the salesman stopped by to show his support. Hubby was so angry about loosing his job that he gave all the company work shirts and jackets that he had for work to Larry.

About a month later we got a box in the mail from Tenn. When we opened it up there was a multi colored round rag rug. It was very pretty and my husband wasn't sure waht it was so I told him about it being a rag rug and said that it had to have been home made. Hubby called Larry and thanked him for the gift.

Come to find out that Larry's wife and mother made this rug and it was made out of the work shirts that Hubby gave Larry. This is what the salesman Larry said. " You have given your life to that company and now you can have the last word. You can wipe your feet on them." And so we have the colorful rag rug in front of our rocker and we do wipe our feet on it...and some days it feels good to do that.

Hope you enjoyed the story...I would like to mention that hubby is very happy now and considers himself retired. At the time we didn't know the blessing of loosing his job...He is a much happier person, enjoying life being at home. (and the company no longer exsist)

debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  12:29:20 PM  Show Profile
I loved variety shows & the singers they had on them....Hollywood Palace,Gene Carroll, Lawrence Welk, Dean Martin, Perry Como, Doris Day, Andy Williams, Tony Bennett, The Osmonds, Debbie Reynolds, Rosemary Clooney, Julie Andrews, Shirley Jones.Growing up with a musical family made me appreciate(good)music. I'm glad we have Netflix for the old movies too.
mmmmmm.....I smell wood-smoke....one of my Fav Fall smells.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  1:41:59 PM  Show Profile
Debra that was a great story about the rag rug. Thanks for sharing! Too bad I didn't grab all of my ex's shirts and I'd have a rug to wipe my feet on!! Haha Linda, I've always wanted to make a rag rug. Do you know how??? If so, I'll get instructions from you and we can have some fun making them together. I was just telling you today, that I was going through DH's shirts and use the ones he's not worn in a long time to do little scrappy things. They would work for the rug won't they? It seems like ages since I've been on here. I need to go back and read all the post. Just to catch up. Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  2:02:53 PM  Show Profile
I am back!!!! I do a little something than I come and check to see if anyone was on. I am never going to get done with house cleaning. I must be lonely. Hubby is still in Ohio, Judy. In fact I just got a text and he visiting someone at Canton South,Judy, do you know where that is? He ate at Bravo's last night. He will be home on Thurs.
Gene Carol????Wasn't that show out of Cleveland Ohio, on a sunday, and the Polka Variety was on after that? I seem to remember that show.
How about The Carol Burnett show. I was watching our PBS channel that had a documentary about variety shows. I don't think that there are any on now. But one of the comedians on this show said ..."The remote control changed tv and the world. We are now a world that needs instant gratification and have no patience! I believe it.
Ok Gotta go and do some work. Don't let me on here till I get my work done or a TIME OUT for me.

debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  4:28:35 PM  Show Profile
Debra...indulge yourself, farmgirl...the house isn't going anywhere, nor the work. It will wait for you!

I have made rag baskets but not rugs. Loved your story! I think there are quite a few people that would
like a rug like that to wipe there feet on. That was fabulous!!!

Judy...I believe you are younger than me, but you are naming some shows that I never even heard of before.

well gotta go "water my dogs"...the housework can wait but they can't.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 25 2011 12:51:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  7:25:44 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
what a gorgeous day it was! 70, sunny and cool. great working weather..and hubby and i did! he tried out his new tiller in the garden. man o man, that dirt is so fine now. of course we left the zinnias,marigolds, peas, cabbage, brussel sprouts, cauliflower and tomatoes go for now.
we spent the last 2 days shelling old black walnuts and got 2 quarts so far. might have that much more to go yet. they taste like new, just kept them dry and cool. now my hands are stained a bit and dried out, need some lotion. hubby mowed the yard too while i dead headed all the zinnias and marigolds. I didn't get a thing done in the house, to nice outside. :) i spread the zinnia seed heads that i popped off the plants in my lil greenhouse on an old tablecloth to dry out.

debra: you are bringing back memories for me. i graduated from canton south high school and pizza oven has ALWAYS been THE pizza shop for our family down through the years. your hubby and mine had the same experience. his company let him go 2 years ago and he considers himself retired also. he tried to find a job for awhile, but nothing out there. he's much happier too. he even cooked me some beef dogs on the grill for supper. love mine somewhat blackened and he did them perfect!

Brenda: welcome back. better only read 4 pages back or you'll never catch up, lol!

anyone remember the Ed Sullivan show? that's where the Beatles got their start. Red Skelton was a family favorite. he played clem kadiddlehopper, freddie the freeloader and the mean widdle kid and others so well. we have some vhs tapes of him. such good, clean fun. :)

i crocheted a rag rug out of cloth strips. think it was a Q hook and i just made a circle out of it to the size i wanted, then i gave it to judy. :) saving up t-shirt strips now to make another one. have some old flannel shirts i made into strips too. have several balls. been a long day. have a good night ladies.

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)

Edited by - craftbug on Sep 24 2011 7:31:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  7:29:31 PM  Show Profile
Debra that story was awesome! Made me laugh! So glad your DH is happier now. Brenda, yay! So glad you are on here! DH shirts would work great, but I will deny that I said that, lol! I know how to do a braided rag rug? Just have never actually done one yet. Always wanted to and this small one may be an easy way to practice for a bigger one? Well, the only thing I got done today were dishes. So, I had a hard time getting going too! Had some fun phone calls with Brenda (classygram) tho! Oh how we can get silly and laugh! Well, hope everyone has a restful nite! Blessings, linda www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  8:05:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Debra. I did take a nap with my kitty today. This weather change had taken a toll on my head, sneezing and coughing...feel a little crappy...I though I just went through this 2 weeks ago so don't know why in the world it is back, oh well, I got to feel better tomorrow...got pears to do...so going to bed in a bit...not staying up late a usual...have a great night ladies

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  05:05:29 AM  Show Profile
Good morning,
I look forward to my cup of tea and reading this page every morning. My bird is so quiet. I think she is sleeping again.

Debra, I remember the Dean Martin show. I loved that show. He was such a good singer. My favorite song of his was/is "That's Amore" which he sang also in the movie I love, Moonstruck. Cher was in that with Nickolas Cage. Andy Williams, I like his show, especially at Christmas.

Gosh, television was really fun back then when the variety shows were on and we could enjoy it a lot more. Does anybody remember Milton Berle appearing on any shows?

PeggyAnn, I wish I could have been with you going through those buildings with the produce and candy. I would love to have seen all the different kinds. I think I might have spent a lot of money there.

Linda, I have never made a rag rug although I would really like to. My mother started one once but I don't know what became of it. I don't think she got very far with it. Sounds like you had a great day enjoying your friends. Way to go. One day I said to myself, "Nancy, that work will still be there tomorrow, it is not going to get up and do itself!" From then on I didn't worry about things so much. At least you go the dishes done. :))

Have a good weekend ya'all.

Hugs,

Nancy #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

Debra, I'm glad your husband finally got to get some satisfaction concerning his former job. What a disappointment after all those years. It is good that everything turned out for the best. And what a wonderful friend he has to have taken the time to make that rug.

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  05:47:55 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all!! It is going to be a beautiful fall day here today! So enjoying the cooler weather at last! What fun it has been, chatting about the old tv shows and movies. I think stuff today misses the mark as well. Think most of it is junk. The few tv shows that I have been watching have been cancelled. So, I am determined to not start any new ones this time. Mostly I watch the 'reality' game ones. Amazing race, survivor, dwts, etc.. Mostly I enjoy the shows and movies on hallmark, gmc and insp channels. Love old movies, especially musicals, westerns and time period movies, bbc and pbs movies and series as well and jane austin movies, especially Sense and Sensibility (one with kate winslet). Col Brandon is 'my' Mr Darcy, lol!! Well, tea time. Perfect fall weather for tea and quiet time with the Lord, on the balcony again. Have a great morning, ladies! Blessings, linda www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  05:51:22 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all!! It is going to be a beautiful fall day here today! So enjoying the cooler weather at last! What fun it has been, chatting about the old tv shows and movies. I think stuff today misses the mark as well. Think most of it is junk. The few tv shows that I have been watching have been cancelled. So, I am determined to not start any new ones this time. Mostly I watch the 'reality' game ones. Amazing race, survivor, dwts, etc.. Mostly I enjoy the shows and movies on hallmark, gmc and insp channels. Love old movies, especially musicals, westerns and time period movies, bbc and pbs movies and series as well and jane austin movies, especially Sense and Sensibility (one with kate winslet). Col Brandon is 'my' Mr Darcy, lol!! My family and I like our fantasy syfy too tho? Huge Star Wars and Lord of the Rings fans ! Lol! Well, tea time. Perfect fall weather for tea and quiet time with the Lord, on the balcony again. Have a great morning, ladies! Blessings, linda www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  05:59:06 AM  Show Profile
Sorry about the 2 above! Ignore the first one! I added a couple sentences to my orig and it posted both instead of just my edited post. Lol, yep, still learning this computer stuff! Have a great one! Blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  06:43:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
LindaKS, you delete one of them if you want...got to the buttons above your post and there is a delete button, but really we don't mind...lol.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  06:52:44 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Penny! I tried to do that, but posting from my phone and the delete didnt work, lol! Nancy, what kind of bird do you have? I just got 2 cockatiels a couple weeks back! Check back in later on. Blessings, linda www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  07:59:57 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Nancy: I remember Milton Berle. my daddy liked jackie gleason, esp when frank fontaine would sing.
my favs as a kid were lassie, fury, howdy doody, mr. jinglaling,capt.kangaroo,capt.penny,shirley temple and all the westerns, roy rogers, lone ranger etc.

have a wonderful sunday. gorgeous here,almost 70 at 11am. just enjoying the day here, doing nothing. :)

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  09:03:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies I am off to church but wanted to check on you all first.
Does anyone remember Sky King and Rin Tin Tin. Those were my favorite as a kid.
I am meeting my mom for church. Her health has been "Not So Great" this past summer...But thank you God she is doing so much better. It has been months that she has been to church. We are going out for lunch then and do a little Walmart shopping. Say a prayer she does well. I will check with you later.

debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  11:57:08 AM  Show Profile
Debra...yes I remember. Patsy and I loved RinTinTin. I still watch a lot of those on Netflix and some on Hulu. We watched Ed Sullivan the other night and he had 4 shows with Elvis on in his first years on TV. They also had Carrol Burnett on one show and boy was she young and skinny...and I have to say...she got prettier as she got older.Does anybody(besides Patsy)remember the Sandy Duncan Show? I always liked her too.
Nancy, what kind of bird do you have? Sorry if you told us already...and I missed it.
I remembr Milton Berle to and I'm watching old George Burns & Gracie Allen shows on Netflix right now too. She sure was the "Original Dingy Blonde!" OMGosh....really dingy!!!LOL So cute though.
Oh.... what about Laugh-In? Did any of you watch that when it rolled around?(Goldie Hawn's start)
I told my Sister that I hardly watch anything after the year 2000 just because it's mostly trashy, smutty and vulgar. I love the old stuff. I want to be entertained....not degraded.
Yes Debra, I grew up in Canton South. It has grown so much since I left in 1986. I hardly recognize it anymore. So many small businesses crammed in all over the place. Sad! Progress! Riiiight!!
Sorry your Mom has had a hard time of it Debra! She's in my Prayers!
I loved your rag-rug story too! Clever! A feel-good story for the heart AND the feet! hahaha

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Sep 25 2011 12:06:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  1:13:18 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon My Fabulous 50's Plus...

Didn't make it to Church...weather change...we are getting rain and my body is one achie mess.
But that is My Reality with my Fibro and Arthritis. Very weather affected.

I have loved sharing about all the Oldies But Goodies but right now I am watching a rather newer First Season series that I borrowed from one of the younger mothers in my Bible Study Group...it is The Gilmore
Girls. Are any of you familiar with it? I have only wathced the first episode so far but really liked it.
So, I think I will enjoy it. I don't know how I never saw it before but I do watch a lot of HGTV and Food
Network Channel. I think also I like a huge variety of tv type shows. I also love the Hallmark Channel it is almost always a Fantastic Show. I like old musicals too! ~ Though I am home all day long by myself...I never turn the TV on. I think I could possibly live with out it...as I am more of a Book Muse than anything.

Debra...your plans with your mother sound lovely...hope you both enjoy yourselves.

Patsy...I too watched all the same tv shows you did!

Linda KS...I too am a huge syfy fan. Love Lord of the Rings, Star Wars etc. Do you watch the
TV show Fringe? I love that!!

Nancy...I love your tag line. Did you just add that? I don't remember reading it before. Oh, yes
we spent lots of money there and could have spent much more if I would have had more. Ha Ha! I
think you and I could have fun shopping together. LOL

Judy...I could watch any tv show or movie with Elvis in it. He was so pretty to look at! And it didn't
hurt that he had an amazing voice! lol

Well, more later girls...love our walks down memory lane.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  7:32:59 PM  Show Profile
Well, sounds like we all had a nice day! I am getting ready to get into bed and read a bit until I hit the lites out. Will see y'all here in the AM and chat some more about things we all have been sharing. Just wanted to say goodnite! Blessings, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  8:49:08 PM  Show Profile
Judy I loved the Sandy Duncan Show and Laugh In with Golde Hawn~great. I still love watching the Waltons and Little House on the Prairie, catch Lucy some times. Linda and I was talking just the other day, We use to have so many shows that made us laugh, not anymore. Debra good to hear your mother is doing better and hope you both had a wonderful day. Judy I had every album and saw every movie he made. And yes he was eye candy!! Tom and I took in a movie and dinner today, Saw The Help. It was great, made you laugh and cry. Now I have to get the book. If you haven't seen it I would recommend you do. DH enjoyed it also. Hope everyone has a good night and will check back tomorrow. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  9:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I remember all those shows too...I really loved the movies with Elvis...yummy...lol...my DH loves to sing Elvis' Trilogy...and he is very good at it too...I watch the Waltons and Little House of the Prairie when I can too...all the old shows were great...not many like those anymore.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  04:29:14 AM  Show Profile
Three days of post to read! Golly, time flies. It was a wonderful weekend. Sunshine all three days of the festival. Definately have to start a diet now. Our booth was close to the food! Though I had food in the motorhome, it was too far away...lol. Ham and beans w/cornbread, Rib sandwiches, giant corndogs, cheesy curly fries, haystack onions and funnel cakes.
We sold alot and our booth was beginning to look bare. Aprons and the spoon necklaces and bracelets did very well. Of course, hubby knows no strangers so he made lots of new friends. :) I found an old wire dish drainer to use for display with my dish drainer quilts. :) I also bought an old barn light for my kitchen. :) One vendor had gazing balls made from bowling balls covered with glued on glass stones.They were beautiful and heavy so they won't roll off the pedestal and break. I gotta make one. $38 was too much for me to pay. :) We had a wonderful time.
We will only be home a day or two and are heading to our home in Ohio. I will do some thrift store shopping and bring some more of our belongings back home with me.(Someday we will have everything moved :) Hubby will stay there for a week or more. He piddles around at the house and spends time with our son.

Kathleen- I feel your agony over the remodeling. When we bought this home we struggled with the first contractor. He was never here and his crew would work a day, take off a day. They didn't want to do things that were in the contract. They wanted to do everything the easy way. The original archway, they wanted to make a squared doorway and when I SHOWED THEM THE CONTRACT..they walked off on the job and stated "They couldn't work for that woman". So the contractor sent in another crew that was just as lazy and irresponsible. I finally fired the contractor. Hubby was still in Ohio recovering from bi-lateral knee replacements. They would have rather worked for him...lol.

Penny- Jason Wrights books are very good. All short reads and inspiration. I especially like "Wednesdays Letters". He has a new one coming out this week.

Jolly- I always use a rice filled sock heated in the microwave for my hip, knees, neck and shoulders.It works wonderful for some short term relief.

Linda (KS)- I make rag rugs from clothesline and rag srips and sew them together. They are easy and I just sew them on the sewing machine with a wide zigzag. I have attached a pic.

Debra- I also check the chatroom off and on all day to see who has posted...lol. Do a little work, and check to see what everyone is up to. :)

Well, off to get everything back in order before we head out again. Have a wonderful day. :)

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  08:19:19 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone:

I'm home! What a trip. Can't wait to tell but unfortunately I don't have time this morning to tell all. Will get back later, I promise. Needless to say we got home safe and sound about 9:30 last night about the time I expected. Everything here was fine thanks to my wonderful neighbor and friend, Candace, and the dog was happy to see us. She doesn't get upset like she used to. Years ago we'd take her to the kennel and when we came home she was a nervous wreck, not because the people didn't take care of her, because they did. When our other dog weas alive she loved it there. No, I think Jada thought we were going to leave her and not come back to get her. Now she doesn't mind us leaving because she's at home in her familiar surroundings andshe knows Candace and she gets to go with her to see the chickens at feeding time and come in the house while dinner is being fixed and Candace takes the time to talk with her and throw a few balls so now when we get home the tail wags and it's as if she is saying" Oh! You're home."

Well, have to get off here and toss a load of wash in the machine and get off to work. So much went on while I was gone. I love that rug. Wow!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page