Page: of 218

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  10:18:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Glenda, here is your pinterest link http://pinterest.com/doll58maker/

Patsy, here is the links that got me interested in the chenille blanket

http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/tutorial-faux-chenille-blanket.html

http://lilmoptop.blogspot.com/2010/12/cozy-flannel-blanket-tutorial.html

http://www.aestheticnest.com/2010/08/sewing-heirloom-cut-chenille-baby.html

http://midwestmagnolia.com/2011/05/faux-chenille-blanket-tutorial/

http://www.livingwithpunks.com/2011/03/cozy-chenille-baby-blanket.html

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  11:13:50 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Penny, now if I can figure out how to access my account and upload my own pics. I got the notice you were following me so I knew you found me and by clicking on that email I was able to go to your boards. I just need to take the time to figure it all out - I'm technologically challenged, you may have noticed. It was a big breakthru to find the little smiley gremlins to plug into these messages, hahalove these little guys.

Dianne, I hope you are right and my very own soul mate is out there somewhere . I don't even know where to look. In the meantime, I have a gentleman who understands me and accepts the way I am. But also who thinks I should be thrilled to go live HIS life with him , nevermind mine. Been there, done that,no thanks. So we are clear with each other that we are just having a little fun and companionship for the present time.

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 03 2011 11:17:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  11:35:47 AM  Show Profile
Here are a few pics of our Halloween party
Me (debra e) as blck eyed peas and friend KK

Hubby (Greg) on left and KK's hubby Pete on right. Hubby has face makeup on as beard.

Mountain Man

Batman & Robin

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  2:42:20 PM  Show Profile
Okay...I am officially convinced that Pinterest is my "CRACK". OMG.......i reached 5000 pins today.

Here is the website where the recycled pallet ideas are located. :)

http://www.creatingreallyawesomefreethings.com/search?updated-max=2011-08-12T14%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=10

Cheryl...so glad your hubby has his last treatment...prayers that he is in remission.
And I am following you on Pinterest.....actually am following everyone here. :)

Penny.....love the stove...hubby did good huh? Looks like the pig picken and b-day were a success even with out your sweet 'tator pie.....soon though!

Betty the wedding looks like it was truly lovely.....the cakes look marvelous..and so do you. You are very quite lovely and remind me of Peggy.I have a pic of her also.

Patty...congrats on losing 3 pounds, that is just terrific! Glad hubby got home and now you can feel a bit less anxious about the less than welcome visitor you had. So nice that he is helping your parents.

Well gonna run....well not literally....see ya in a couple......I have got to turn this thing off and get away from the "CRACK". LOL

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  6:48:37 PM  Show Profile
Good evening... Wow, I am off schedule. Finding myself on here of an evening instead of the morning. Went to a salad luncheon and gosh was it good... Did I mention how much I LOVE salad luncheons. I invited my aunt and uncle along. My uncle and my hubby had never been to a salad luncheon. But of course, they were always working and since retired they get to go. But normally, my mother, her sisters, my sisters, and girl cousins and I all go. It is kinda always a girl thing for our family. It was a good first experience for the men. :) But they love food...lol.
It rained most of the day but hubby and I did get some more yard cleaned up and worked on cleaning the garage. I put down the last 2 pieces of wood flooring. Just seemed like the "pain in the butt to cut" pieces by the doorway never got put down. So finally, our flooring is done. It has only been 6 months. :) I also fixed the door jam to the bedroom door that has never been right. Whoever put it up, had no clue how to use a level. I took care of my dried chocolate mint and bagged it up. I stuck the stems in a empty bean can and sat them here on the desk. They smell sooo good.

Betty- The pictures are fabulous. You granddaughter did a wonderful job on the cakes! And your top is beautiful. I am so glad you shared a picture of yourself. It is nice for us to be able to put a face with the name. :)

Glenda - I saw the pallet furniture on pinterest too! I love the porch swing made from the pallets.

Darlys- It is a good thing you live so close to Hawaii, you would be totally wore out from the junque sale and the flight that you wouldn't enjoy the vacation. The last time we went to Hawaii our flight went east to New Jersey and then west to Hawaii. What a long flight. I LOVE the big island. My favorite for sure. We make sure we island hop and spend a couple of days on each island. We have had military kids stationed in Hawaii and I have a cousin that lives on Oahu so it has given us plenty of excuses to visit. The countdown has begun. Take plenty of deep breaths the next few days. :)

Cheryl - So what did you make that you saw on pinterest? There is so much that I want to make, bake and sew....lol.

Penny - My brown paper bag wall is just a short 3 foot tall wall that houses the stairs going into the garage. When we moved here last spring there was just a little flimsy railing that I took out and built the wall. It is the "wall that Patty built"...lol. Anyway, I have started another project that will hang on the stairway, so I will take more pics when I finish that project. :)

Dianne- I am so jealous of you being able to hunt. My deceased husband and I always hunted and fished. This hubby does not hunt though he does do some fishing. I miss hunting. :( Maybe someday I will pick up my shotgun or muzzle loader again. I tried to pull my bow last year and couldn't do it, so I sold it to a young girl just learning to bow hunt.

Debra - I love the black eyed peas costume! Thanks for sharing the pics. Now when you post, I will have that image of you...lol.

Mel - I love the pallet cave! lol. But on a serious note... I am thinking about building a pigeon coop from pallets.

Well, off to finish cleaning up the kitchen and folding some laundry before I go to bed. Have a good night.

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Nov 03 2011 6:58:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  8:19:14 PM  Show Profile
HI ladies. I am off to bed and thought that I would check on ya! I too love the wood stove. What a deal...and the outside fall wedding was ideal Betty. It is good to see pictures of each farm Gal. Then you know who you are chatting with.
Have not looked at pinterest yet. I am afraid to. I heard some of the women at the Halloween party this past weekend talking about this. They too were addicted. I will try it out later when I have more time.
I know that I told you about our friend passing away this past Sunday. The family has asked if I would speak at the funeral on Sat. Oh My! I am not good at this. I was going to say no but when I opened my mouth it came out yes! What is worng with me? I am hoping that God has a hand in this and that is why I am going to do it. I am afraid that I will get emotional while talking and embarras myself. I have been writing things about our friend as I think of them and have contacted others that could give me comments on their friendships with her. I am nervous to do this. BUT I WILL!!! I will have to pray that God gives me the words and is holding me up.

Off to bed.
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  10:22:13 PM  Show Profile
Mel, Pinterest is addictive--I have proven that you can not get to the end of it in one entire day. Debra, you are right to be afraid of pinterest. And I can't even explain it.
Regarding your speaking at your friend's funeral, do not worry, the words will come to you. I was brought up in a religion that did not allow women to speak in church. A number of years ago I joined a non-denominational charismatic church where everybody prayed together. With and for each other. Out loud. I was terrified. A young woman who had major surgery wanted me in particular to pray over her. I did, and over a number of people after that and the words always flowed. Not from me but through me even when I didn't particularly believe, it still did. Believe it. You don't need to worry. Just remember to breathe and God will do the rest.
good nite all

Farmgirls hugs from
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  05:50:37 AM  Show Profile
Good morning,

Glenda I always like reading your post. I am mostly a visual person and not as good at writing as I would like to be. There is a computer program out now called "Dragon" where one can talk and the program will write what is said. That is what I probably need. I can express my thoughts orally but have often have difficulty when it comes to writing them down. I really admire those who can write well. You are so right about the Pinterest. I joined and spent about an hour last night on it. So much there and so little time for me to be there.

Ginny I just keyed in Pinterest and put my name in. Then they let me know I was in. I have been spending a lot of computer time between this wonderful place, my sewing room and Pinterest in the last couple of days. My pumpkins are still sitting on my counter as are some peppers from my garden and a bunch of apples. I have some laundry to do and housekeeping to do, too. Oh, well.

Penny, I like your wood stove. How I would like to have that in my house. I like your faux chenele blanket, too.

Betty, The wedding pictures are lovely. How beautiful the cakes are. Your granddaughter is very talented. It is so nice to see a picture of you and see who is behind the writing. You look lovely and you top is very pretty. You had an earthquake there? I was just telling someone here how I wasn't afraid of earthquakes nearly as much as I am afraid of tornados that can happen here. I don't know how far you live from the San Andreas but I lived in No. Hollywood as a child and we never had anything stronger than a 5. something. That happened only once around the 1950's.

Hello Cheryl, nice to hear from you. Hope you had a good night's sleep. I have a hard time keeping up myself so I know how it is. I am supposed to be taking my walk right now but here I am writing away to my dear friends. I will walk later, I promise.

Debra, love the Halloween pictures. You look so cute as the Black Eyed Peas. I like the picture of you DH and also the one of Batman and Robin. Looks like you all had a lot of fun for Halloween. We had 5 Trick or Treaters this year. Well, that 2 more than last year. We watched a lot of "scary" movies and got lots of laughs watching the mummy and uglies who walk so slow catch the people running from them. LOL

Cheryl, I am glad your hubby has had his last treatment and am praying for him that he is now in remission. I will be looking for you on Pinterest. I just joined and started some boards last night. I have not pinned much but will add more tonight if I get any time. It is so filled with goodies and so many things I love that I am overwelmed. I love the art and creativity. I FB my granddaughter, Kelly, to join as she is into art and would love it there.

I know I must have missed something as I have read the posts so quickly today. I am going for my walk now as I promised myself. I am going to finish my ATC's and then work on the Christmas gifts for a little while. I am coloring my hair today. My DH colors the back of my hair for me. He has been doing it for about a year now and does a good job. I was surprised to hear that he enjoys doing it. I started doing it myself when the prices went up to $55 for hair coloring. I just was satisfied with the color either. It was either to bright or too dark. I was even taking my own color in to have them put it on and they were still charging me $35 to do it.

Weather going to be beautiful and sunshine today. Have a wonderful day my dear ladies.

Many hugs,

Nancy

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  06:07:35 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! Just a quick post. Been a bit crazy lately. My DD's family have still not found her SIL. She checked out of the motel before they got to her. Please continued prayers! A very brighter note? Brenda (classygram) and her DH arrived here safely and are visiting with us a few days. So thankful to Mjf which led to this friendship. They have become like family! Brenda and I will try to check in later. Farmgirl hugs, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  08:54:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Good morning ladies,

I'm so excited, I got all my baby shower gifts completed. I will get pics, I haven't sewn or crochet this much in years. Because of this site I have started getting back to my crafts again and loving it...

Dianne, I'm with you about what you said to Glenda, I had given up after my last divorce and thought I would be alone for the rest of my life, but along came the love of my life. As you said things are perfect but they are close. My DH and I are connected in so many ways that life is better than it has ever been. LOL about the smoker...don't you just love men and their toys. Oh my glad I didn't make you older(did I?) lol

Glenda, We are all here to help you with pinterest...lol...see you aren't so tech challenged...you found all the smileys...I decided after my divorce to try the computer dating sites, since I lived in a very small town(about 2300 people) and it worked, I found DH, well really he found me. So funny he lived 30 miles from me but in a different state...lol...and if it wasn't for Plenty-of-fish I wouldn't have met him. He used to live a different life style than me...coming from the corporate world and all. Anyway, girl don't give up. I am glad you have someone that you can spend time with but I'm with you, what in the world is he thinking wanting you to live HIS life and not share lives...strange.

Debra, Love the pics Your costume is so cute....We live so far out in the boonies that we don't get to doing anything like that...but oh well I wouldn't change a thing.. I am sure you will do fine with speaking at the funeral, just speak from your heart and everything will be fine...I will say a prayer for you.

Mel, I love your description of being hooked on pinterest (crack) too cute. Now that is a lot of pins...Thanks for the link to the pallet furniture.

Patty, I'm so glad you had a great salad luncheon, that is my kind of luncheon, I love all kinds of salads, Glad to see the men enjoyed it too. I know what you mean about it taking 6 months to finish things..lol...same around here sometimes. Can't wait to see the pics of your wall with the other project you are making...

Nancy, DH was just telling me about the "Dragon program" yesterday. I told him I'm not sure it would understand "southern" lol. That is so sweet of your hubby to do your hair...I do my own cause I just can't spend the money that kind of money either.

Linda, I am so sorry that they SIL left the motel before they got there...I hope they find her. It is so nice that you and Brenda have become good friends and visit each other. Say hi for me...

I will check in later

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  5:23:20 PM  Show Profile
I live several hundred miles from the San Andreas fault but there are numerous faults in our area. I am 130 miles north east of LA and north of Lancaster and south of Bishop and west of Death Valley about 100 or so miles. If the Panamint Mountains or the Coso Range gets restless then we get earthquakes. This is the first I've felt since moving here 6 years ago but my neighbor said they've had some bad ones here. A 4.1 isn't enough to do damage so hope they stay small.

Tonight we have another frost warning and it's windy. I'm not looking forward to winter this year for some reason. Usually I don't mind it since the hot weather is gone for a while.

I've been asked to take over the Trestleboard for the Masonic Lodge. It's their monthly newletter and is only four pages with one the part when folded is where the address label goes and another page is the calender. The website would have to be updated also. I used to do this for the church we used to attend so I'm familiar with it. It will have to be printed and such but I think a couple of hours a month will be all it takes.

I'm also going to help our quilt guild with their fundraising this coming year. I hope it doesn't take me away from my quilting too much.

Well, off to start dinner. Thank you for all the kind remarks about the photos. Hugs, Betty
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  6:58:56 PM  Show Profile
Ok! I have worked on my speech for the funeral tomorrow for our friend. I am so nervous. But I know that I will be fine. God Help me! Funeral is 2-4. Y'all think of me. I just don't want to cry. Why is that so bad? To see someone that vulnerable? That should be a good thing shouldn't it? I have made this all about me and not what it should really be about. My friend. Shame on me. Ok...stronger now. Kicked myself in the butt! She would have liked that! You all have a good night. Debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2011 :  8:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Does anyone have a really simple crochet pattern that is easy to read for a scarf. I am not real good at following patterns, that is why the baby blanket I just made was all double crochets, I would like to make my 2 daughter in laws and daughter scarfs for Christmas, but haven't been able to find one I can follow yet. I am including pics of the finished baby gifts, I am so proud of myself...hehe...I took these today with my camera...two burp cloths
quilted blanket
crochet baby blanketall gifts together and the white item is the handkerchief bonnet.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Nov 04 2011 8:51:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  03:26:25 AM  Show Profile
Good morning... Back on schedule. :) I have a busy weekend. Wedding today with my birds. Because of the wedding we couldn't book a show this weekend so we are having an open house here tomorrow afternoon. I hope it goes well. We created a page on facebook for "Country Girls Gone Green", had a drawing for a necklace for all "likes" on our page. Then posted an invite to an open house. We will see how this works and maybe have another right before Christmas. I won't have a set up fee, but I will offer snacks, hot cider, hot chocolate and coffee. They have a "Christmas Market" on our little town square, but want $285 to set up as a vendor. I would have to sell alot of my inventory to cover the fee. So I opt out of it. Wonder where they come up with such an odd number for a fee.

Darlys must be super busy with the junque sale and packing. I love her post. Amazing how she keeps up with everyone. She is my inspiration...lol.

Debra - You will do well on your speech. It comes easy when you let your your heart speak.

Betty - It sounds like you will be busy. I always do all the invitations and printing for the Masonic Lodge my hubby belongs to here in Illinois. He belongs to one in Ohio and one here in Illinois.

Penny - The faux cheniile blanket is adorable... I don't think I have the patience to make one of them. I like quick results. lol.

Linda - Will continue to pray for your DD's family. Enjoy your visit with Brenda!

Nancy - What a fun time with hubby coloring your hair! It is crazy expensive. One reason I decided to go natural. But I may change my mind before it is over...lol.

Everyone must have been busy yesterday... not many post. :(

Off to start my chores for the day. I still have to give my release baskets another coat of paint and finish my table cover for the wedding. This bride wants to release 5 birds. Each individually, so I had to get 5 matching baskets, and will sit them on a 4 ft table.
Have a wonderful productive day.

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2011 :  06:11:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Patty, wow you sound busy, I guess somewhere I missed the post about the open house. I did see your facebook page tho....So what is the open house? You sure stay busy with you birds wow...you much live in an area that is pretty populated to stay so busy. I'm not trying to be nosy I promise just curious if you make good money with your birds, reason I ask is it sounds like a great thing to do if you already have birds or plan on getting some....in this economy it still seems it hasn't hurt the wedding business much...<grin> I can't wait to see the new pics...Thanks the blanket was A LOT of work, not sure if I will ever do another, well not until my own grands...lol..if I ever get one that is..

I'm off to get ready for the baby shower today, the town the shower is in is 1:30 min. away and it is at 12. But I'm so excited, DH told me not to get to excited, he is afraid I will have my feelings hurt...you know young people that don't sew or do crafts sometimes don't really appreciate homemade items....let's hope that isn't true, today, I don't think it will be. Will let ya know when I get back.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  2:14:47 PM  Show Profile
Just checking in today. Seems everyone very busy.

Penny, All those gifts you made are so lovely. I especially like the baby blanket. It looks so soft and pretty. Such pretty colors, too. I can picture the baby all snuggled up inside.

Patty, I am on FB and I am going to look up your page. I usually don't write much on there. I go on almost everday to read what my GD's are posting but lately they have been so busy they haven't been on very much. My middle GD cut off me and her mom because we make too many silly comments with too many !! so she says. I think at 20 she just wants her independence.
You are so wonderfully creative. I love seeing what you will come up with next.

Well have only a few minutes to go on to Pinterest to see what is on there.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Hugs,

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  2:31:59 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls...about to go and make some supper. Pasta and brocc is on the menu.
I wanted to let you know that I made it through the funeral of our friend yesterday. I got up and spoke and was so nervous and shakey. At 1 time in the beginning I was emotional but held up. My hubby said that I did a good job. I wouldn't know for I was not aware of anything but the words that I had written down. God got me through that. Thank you God. It was a beautiful day today. So crisp looking with the sun and the leaves. An awwwww day. Gotta get ... Got some hunger pangs grumblin in my belly. Have a good night.
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  3:31:49 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,

I am writing this after having read page 117 so you can see I am still behind. Today and yesterday were beautiful days. The sky was so blue only wisps of high clouds. The temperatures were in the low 50's. This morning we woke to a heavy frost. It must have been quite chilly last night because there was a skim of ice on the pond. The ice holds the leaves in place in clumps instead of them being pushed by the current.

I used to have hair down to my waist. When I was little it was white blond. Now it is dark corn stalk with edges of white. Three years ago I had it cut to shoulder length because when the baby who is now 4 sleeps with us he twists his hands in my hair for comfort. Brushing out the nests in the morning is easier with shorter hair. I also wanted a change. I have thought about having it cut short but I have never done the hair stylist routine and am resisting learning it. Going to have my hair cut every six weeks or look like I should but haven't is not my idea of maintaining my hair. So, I just have my shoulder length fine fly away hair to live with. Soon it will be as white as it was when I was very little. I have thought about coloring my hair to annoy my teenagers but the thought of putting dye that close to my brain is a little scary for me. Who knows if some year there may be a link between hair color and brain cancer. My brain has a hard enough time functioning with out added interference. Sometimes I try to do obvious things to annoy my teens because I like to have control and not be surprised when one of them says oh mom you are so embarrassing. lol

We lent our tractor to a neighbor last week. He wanted to dig a depression to gather water so he could grow tad poles next spring. He had never driven a tractor before and was so excited to try. He buried it up to the engine case. Lucky for us tractors are not harmed too easily. He was so upset. I found it very funny because people overestimate their abilities when using machines. and welll it was funny. A man in town who also has a tractor went to pull him out but was so stuck that he could not budge him. Finally this weekend Walt took his bulldozer over from a nearby job and pulled him out. Walt also dug out the depression for his tadpole pond while he was there. Anyway, Mark who borrowed the tractor wants to make it up to us so he is fixing the children's desk top computer and is going to give me lessons on the computer. I am hoping that he can teach me how to post pictures.

A friend who has cats told me to put a cage over catnip mint when I grow it so that the cats do not eat it down to the roots. I use a basket from an old freezer turned upside down. The cats can eat the leaves that grow through the holes but can not kill the plant.

Penny would you please send me a new copy of the birthday list. My printer could not format it in a way that worked well. The dates used half of the page and left the other half blank. Used a lot of paper.

when I read about the sweet potatoe pie I thought why does she need to age the pie must be a tricky recipe or something like rumcake. Then it dawned on me that it must be the sweet potatoes themselves that need to set. lol

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  4:13:13 PM  Show Profile
Hello again,

I haved just finished reading page 118. Actually the computer posted the last bit of writing before I was done but I was glad it posted it and didnot send it into the cyber manure pile to disappear forever.

I have a friend who has a boyfriend and he comes over every weekend. He jokes that Lee has his bag and toothbrush by the door ready for him to leave right after lunch. They have been doing this for 20 years or so. They both seem to be satisfied with the arrangement.

The pictures from the wedding were very nice. The cakes looked fun. The top was lovely. The material looked shiney. was it slippery to sew? and buttonholes.... I am not good at buttonholes. I try to avoid them as much as possible. and you posted the pictures. you are three steps ahead of me.

Rifle season starts here next weekend. bow season and youth weekend have happened already. We have a group of men who have a trailer on the backside of our property for hunting camp. They were sighting in their rifles today. My brother hunts. He used to pull a hundred pound bow. then he tore his rotator cuffs and biceps.
The next two weekends there are hunting widow sales at the sock factory, the t shirt factory and the black diamond fleece outfit stores. It used to be that the sock factory had bins you could rummage through to find the socks and they were .50 to 1.00 a pair. Now they are arranged nicely on displays and cost a little more. Still a good deal. We do a lot of our winter holiday shopping this next weekend.

Some of the siding has worn off part of our barn/house. I thought I might go out and repair it today but the pigs are living in the garden right now which is along the house where I need to repair. They keep nudging my legs and trying to bite my boots when I am trying to pry off the old boards. One kept pushing between my legs and then lifting up its head so my feet came clear of the ground. I have a 35 inch inseam so that is not a short lift by any stretch of the imagination.

How are you all doing with the time change? I thought sleeping a little later this morning was quite fine but the cow was surely wondering what was taking her grain so long to appear. lol

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  4:39:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi all, Sorry if I don't say much today, got a stomach bug...so been in bed reading a while then working on a crochet dish cloth. Hopefully tomorrow it will be better.

Nancy, the baby shower went well here are a couple of pics, these kids today sometimes don't think before the speak.I really need to brush my hair again didn't I, the wind was really blowing outside.

Debra, I am so glad everything went well at the funeral for you...I knew you could do it.

Holly, please email me so I can email the list back to you, it might work better that way...it is 6 pages...1 page for every two months. I'm glad the tractor is ok... About the sweet potatoes..lol...yes they say the potatoes need to sit and cure for over a month before eating them...you are too funny..
That is something about the pigs...they are strong little critters aren't they? It is hunting season here too...I was hoping to go last week but had to finish the baby gifts so wasn't able too...but hope to this week.

I hope everyone has a good week, hopefully I will feel better tomorrow and be alittle chatter...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  6:51:21 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,

This morning when I woke up there were clouds hiding the mountains to the west of us. The clouds were all the way down to hwy 395 which is about 3000 feet above sea level. We sit about 2500 feet. They stayed that way all day mostly but the sun was shining here, but cold. This evening when I went out to gather eggs and feed and water the chickens the clouds were gone and I could see snow on the mountain tops. It's supposed to warm up tomorrow and be nice all week with another system coming in by Friday.

I don't like the time change. It is dark by 5 now. I didn't get to sleep an extra hour this morning either. I managed to put in some cabbage plants today and maybe tomorrow I'll get my new daffodils in the ground. I'm a little late but it was too warm before.

I turned up the legs of hubby's new trousers today but not any other sewing. I hope to get the backing pieced for my daughters quilt and get it layered so I can start quilting it. I want it finished for Christmas so had better get a move on.

It looks like it was a very nice baby shower. I had a chuckle over the tractor. I've seen it happen more than once. It sounds like it turned out all right though.

I just finished printing some birthday cards. I have six grandchildren with birthdays this month. One I can't send a card to as I don't know where she is and her other grandparents won't answer my letters and let me know where she and her brother are living. Some day I'll find them or they'll find me like another granchild of mine did.

Good night ladies. Hope this week is a good one for all of us. Hugs, Betty
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  02:56:10 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, Good morning! What a busy weekend! The bird release at the wedding went well! I have posted some pics. They had dogs in the wedding, a snow machine ( the snow was not real, it was a warm, sunny day) and a huge party bus. The bride was beautiful, but so were my birds. :) The first set of pictures were taken 6 weeks ago at a pre-wedding photo shoot. (I had to wait until after the wedding to expose them) The second set of pics were the actual wedding. They are beautiful birds. If you notice the picture of them in flight (2nd set) shows another bird with them. Probably a church pigeon...lol. The guest were not aware that the bridal party were releasing birds and there were alot of oohs and ahhs when the baskets were opened. I wish I could have preserved some of that! I found some more birds about 150 miles away. Maybe take a road trip with hubby, or my cousin (who also wants more) to get some young birds non-related. I love pigeons, they are so much fun.

Darlys- I hope you are having a wonderful time!

Nancy - Facebook isn't as fun as it used to be. It is boring anymore. My husbands granddaughter deleted us from her FB friends list. She would curse on her page and I would comment that it was something "Grandpa and I could not be proud of". So she fixed me...lol.

Debra- Pasta and Brocoli sound good. We had vegetable soup. I was busy with our craft sale so I fixed something easy that I could leave in the crockpot and eat on all day.

Holly- I learned the hard way to put a cover on the catnip. I kept telling hubby that something was eating the catnip, but it had grown pretty tall before something started nibbling at it. My cat rarely goes outside, so I never suspected him. But one day I caught him in the act. He was going out and having a feast. I put a wire basket over it and he could turn the basket over. So finally I put a steel milk crate over it and curbed his appetite.

Betty - I don't like the time change either. I was falling asleep at 6:30 last night. And I always get up early, and now it is even earlier. 2am this morning...ggrrrr.

Penny - Looks like you had fun at the baby shower. I am sure she loved the handmade gifts. . We had an "Open House" here in my garage. Since we didn't book a show this weekend because of the wedding, we just set up in the garage. We had a pretty good turnout, thanks to the facebook page. I live in a very rural area... the closest HomeDepot or Lowe's is over 40 miles away. I have to drive over an hour to go to any whole/organic foods stores. No fabric stores within an hours drive. A very rural community.

Well, off to start chores. Though I think I can relax a bit this week. :) Have a great productive day.

Patty #1840

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Nov 07 2011 02:58:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  09:20:13 AM  Show Profile
What lovely birds. They set the wedding off just right. My granddaughter and her husband planted a tree instead of lighting unity candles. The wedding was planned by Ashley and everything went so well and looked so pretty with all the fall colors added to the native colors.

I can't remember if I mentioned that two days before the wedding "Beau" the oldest granddaughters pot bellied pig was found dead in his pen. He was over 10 so that's a good life. Thank goodness for neighbors helping neighbors because a neighbor across the road brought over his tractor that has a scoop on it for digging ditches and dug a hole with it and used it to move the 200lb pig into the hole and covered it up. No one at the wedding could see where he was buried.

I live in a rural community also and have to drive 76 miles in any direction to do any decent shopping for yarn, fabric, good clothing, etc. We do have a Home Depot though and three quilt shops, none carrying fabric other than quilt fabric and we have a Walmart. They're a 15 mile drive from us so it's 30 miles round trip and not one you want to drive every day. I usually shop once a week or longer.

I've never had pigeons but might look into them. I have finches, quail and parakeets all outside in aviaries and of course my chickens. I put my half bantam silkies in with the bigger chickens yesterday as they're almost the size of the others. The rooster was picking on the little Old English Game Hen rooster and he's a little thing. The bigger rooster is in with his lady and six other hens and the other rooster is with his lady alone. The two new babies are going to be like the other bantams and hope to get more bantams as I go along.

Well, time to get off here and plant some daffodils. I'm later than usual but fall comes later here and it won't hurt. I also have some bearded iris to plant that I bought off the high school cheerleaders when they did a fund raiser. Hope everyone has a great day. Betty
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  4:02:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Glenda He wants you to live his life not yours. How Rude!! Guys like that are fine for companionship (right were you put him) but not long term. It is hard to find someone who is willing to share.
maybe it's the age thing. You know set in their ways and it would take dinamite to monve them. LOL

Debra love the pictures, so much fun.

Linda I will keep your DD and her SIL in my prayers.

Ok OK I will take the plung on Pinterest is someone will invite me or what ever it takes. I said I wouldn't. I said I didn't have time. Oh well, you make time for the things you like to do. I will find the time!!

Penny those are so cute. I knew your friend would love them.

Patty What a beautiful thing to do at a wedding. i will have to keep it in mind. I have a son and a daughter that have not gotten married yet.

We finally got the snow I have been waiting for. It didn't stay but was wonderful to watch from my front windows. I need to go. Lots of things to do. I just don't feel much like doing any of them :( Some days I just want
to throw the blankets back over my head. Mondays are like that!

Dianne (Idaho)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  4:43:09 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Great pictures everybody. Loved all the wedding pictures.
We had a great day today, Hubby and I. We drove down to Atwood Lake and ate at the Lite-house and was actually able to sit on the deck and enjoy the gorgeous weather & view that God gave us. Most of the boats and pontoons are put away, but a few remained docked yet, just enough for a nice atmosphere.It was sunny/62.The lake was calm and bright and only a light sweater was necessary. That sun was hot beating down on our backs, but it was really the perfect day. The food was fabulous and the company was great! *giggle* Then we drove the long way home and saw lots of yearling deer bouncing along in the meadows.What a sight. They stopped to stare at us too like we were totally new to them and they maybe wanted to take pics of their own. hahaha Hubby got a few pics out the car window. Then of course we had to stop for ice cream at Taggart's. All in all it was just the perfect day.
Thank You Lord!
I hope you all are enjoying the last days of Autumn, for all their worth!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page